cyradis4

AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays

It will last for just 2 days. People can't stop to hunt caveblockers for just 2 days? The green wall was completely filled with commons in the past 3 days and nobody was catching those.

Ok, butting in with my two cents here. I figured to start.. Danicast, you say.. "People can't stop to hunt.." Etc. Question. Why should they -have- to stop playing their way, when this solution would make it so they can play their way, you can play yours?

I support the idea for the bottom line - adding lines would make it hard on my tablet!

Now... Major question. For all you people who do not support this... How would this idea affect you negatively? How would it affect your playstyle negatively? Now think... It will affect many others playstyles positively. So.. Your reasons? (I genuinely want to hear.)

If you look at my scroll right now, yes, its valentines. Entirely. I've picked up several incuhatchable eggs though just this past week, hatched them, and froze them. I remember the Halloween wall. I got tired of hunting holidays. Hunt the cave? I don't enjoy that as much as I enjoy the AP, I love seeing lineages. So, Red - while scrolls may be full of valentines, that doesnt mean we are only hunting valentines.

Please. Give us a non-holiday line.

It will last for just 2 days. People can't stop to hunt caveblockers for just 2 days? The green wall was completely filled with commons in the past 3 days and nobody was catching those.

I have caught or otherwise obtained 25 commons and 0 valentines since valentine breeding began. I've only stopped because I'm leaving the bare minimum of scroll space available for the new valentine release.

I'm flatout uninterested in the old valentines and you're basically asking me to leave the game.

The next complain will be about more lines of commons during the special events because people can't find rares in the AP during the festivities because "the only line of commons only have caveblockers that nobody wants".

You're jumping down the slippery slope.

Edited by CNR4806

I have caught or otherwise obtained 25 commons and 0 valentines since valentine breeding began. I've only stopped because I'm leaving the bare minimum of scroll space available for the new valentine release.

I'm flatout uninterested in the old valentines and you're basically asking me to leave the game.

You're jumping down the slippery slope.

I'm not asking you to leave the game, don't be over dramatic. The year have 365 days. I refuse to believe that any person's game will be hurt if a person don't play for 2 or 3 days in 3 or 4 times a year. I doubt that everybody plays every single day because that's not the game mechanic anyway. If you hunt 7 eggs with a gold trophy you will have to stop to play for several days till these eggs hatch so you can continue hunting so there is absolutely no harm in not playing some days of the year so everybody can have a good special event.

Still no support.

No slippery sleep here. Just common sense.

I'm not asking you to leave the game, don't be over dramatic. The year have 365 days. I refuse to believe that any person's game will be hurt if a person don't play for 2 or 3 days in 3 or 4 times a year. I doubt that everybody plays every single day because that's not the game mechanic anyway. If you hunt 7 eggs with a gold trophy you will have to stop to play for several days till these eggs hatch so you can continue hunting so there is absolutely no harm in not playing some days of the year so everybody can have a good special event.

Still no support.

If someone wants to play a game as normal and can't... Well, I'm sorry, I really disagree with that. I think its wrong, personally. It's bad for games, imo. (And yes, I stress in my opinion - I know we disagree! tongue.gif)

This would be such a small change, it really would, and.. it could help a lot of folks. How would it negatively affect you? Please.. I really do wish to understand where you are coming from.

Still no support.

Yes, you are asking me to leave the game for the duration of the holiday wall because you oppose the suggestion for mythical reasons that I'm still not getting.

Your magical jump from A to B with no explanation whatsoever other than the vague "common sense" excuse makes it a slippery slope.

Pretend I'm a newborn baby with no common sense. Explain your so-called "common sense" to me.

Ok, butting in with my two cents here. I figured to start.. Danicast, you say.. "People can't stop to hunt.." Etc. Question. Why should they -have- to stop playing their way, when this solution would make it so they can play their way, you can play yours?

I support the idea for the bottom line - adding lines would make it hard on my tablet!

Now... Major question. For all you people who do not support this... How would this idea affect you negatively? How would it affect your playstyle negatively? Now think... It will affect many others playstyles positively. So.. Your reasons? (I genuinely want to hear.)

If you look at my scroll right now, yes, its valentines. Entirely. I've picked up several incuhatchable eggs though just this past week, hatched them, and froze them. I remember the Halloween wall. I got tired of hunting holidays. Hunt the cave? I don't enjoy that as much as I enjoy the AP, I love seeing lineages. So, Red - while scrolls may be full of valentines, that doesnt mean we are only hunting valentines.

Please. Give us a non-holiday line.

This.

How would one line of non holiday eggs in the AP affect holiday seekers negatively?

It makes me feel bad to know that eggs die because they run out of time, and there are people out there who want to click them but can't because of the wall...

WELL - since TJ seems to have done something - I think we can all cool it. I have looked in the AP this morning a few times - there has been a wall of regular low time eggs and also - three times now, a wall of the NEW EGGS ! NEVER seen that before. And no, not dumped by nice people - this was at about 30 minutes after the drop started.

And now there's one line of holidays and the rest regulars.

I haven't done anything to the AP.

and thus, I doubt a change is really necessary.

For this Valentine's day.... No. But Valentine's always seemed the least popular of the 3. Probably the over-load on pink. tongue.gif

But expect a poke from me when the Halloween wall forms on like... Day 2 of the event in October, cuz it probably won't go away until 4 days after the event ends. This past Halloween had that kind of wall. Totally epic! I loved it. But..... Some didn't enjoy it quite as much as I. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

To be honest i find complaining about this unnecessary. I mean ok its maybe a week that you are surrounded by holiday eggs. But that is only three times a year. You can look in the Cave or even breed your own dragons. This is such a small margin of time I see no real problem in it staying the same.

If you don't want to see the Holiday eggs just don't go in the AP. 'Cause last time I remember the Cave was still open with new dragons until the release comes.

To be honest i find complaining about this unnecessary. I mean ok its maybe a week that you are surrounded by holiday eggs. But that is only three times a year. You can look in the Cave or even breed your own dragons. This is such a small margin of time I see no real problem in it staying the same.

If you don't want to see the Holiday eggs just don't go in the AP. 'Cause last time I remember the Cave was still open with new dragons until the release comes.

This isn't about wanting to look at/not wanting to look at holiday eggs. It's about having continuous access to the dragons that are in the AP behind the holiday walls (when they do appear).

No support. Whenever I see a wall of holidays it lasts for only like 2 mins or less, and then its filled with regular eggs which doesnt even change fast bcuz it looks like ppl arent pickin them at all. And as others said, its only a week to wait until the holiday breeding is over, so srsly I dont see all this extra line adding necessary =/

I NEVER saw a wall of NEW eggs in there EVER before. And WELL before the 5 hours CD after midnight was done - so not dropped by players.

Has anyone else seen that before ? I wish I had taken a screenshot; I will do if it happens again before 5am ! With the AOND clock at the side so you can all see I didn't set it up in photoshop !

But in that case, Christmas IS very different smile.gif I could have sworn I had seen Valentine walls, but maybe not. But the Christmas wall held up for days.

I NEVER saw a wall of NEW eggs in there EVER before. And WELL before the 5 hours CD after midnight was done - so not dropped by players.

Has anyone else seen that before ? I wish I had taken a screenshot; I will do if it happens again before 5am ! With the AOND clock at the side so you can all see I didn't set it up in photoshop !

But in that case, Christmas IS very different smile.gif I could have sworn I had seen Valentine walls, but maybe not. But the Christmas wall held up for days.

Yes, walls of new eggs used to happen way back when. Because people could click on eggs after they'd gotten their two. Instead of leaving the egg for the 2nd fastest clicker - or the fastest clicker with open spots - the egg was then dumped to the AP. I used to catch some of my holidays like that. I also remember mixing up the then-new pumpkin eggs with golds. (I was pretty new back then, so that's forgivable.)

(Okay, so it wasn't actually a wall when I looked. More like a row, most of the time. But it did happen.)

Thanks TJ.

Last day of breeding and NO WALL. The wall only appear for some minutes and then several lines of common appear again.

I don't really think this suggestion is necessary since there is no wall.

Many people collected 4 eggs due to a glitch. TJ fixed it and those that had more then two were returned to the limit and the overlimited eggs dropped into the AP. If it wasn't explained, that's I think the first time it happened

A lot of opinions on this would probably be different if it was Halloween right now.

Like I've mentioned before, out of the Holiday dragons, Valentine's Day has the LEAST of them. Even then, not as popular more than likely because of the overload on pink, as others have mentioned. So the wall isn't prominent right now.

Edited by Myra the Sark

A lot of opinions on this would probably be different if it was Halloween right now.

Halloween is different. Plus I see commons and not holidays mixed in at times so its not always a full wall of halloweens. Still can grab normal eggs from there just not 24/7

Christmas is usually the biggest offender from what i recall. Halloweens and Vals tend to get snapped up fairly quickly (especially Vals, since they're less popular and seem to be bred less frequently), but Christmas is both popular and has the largest number of dragons IIRC.

Many people collected 4 eggs due to a glitch. TJ fixed it and those that had more then two were returned to the limit and the overlimited eggs dropped into the AP. If it wasn't explained, that's I think the first time it happened

Oh - right. I missed that ! I'm glad I missed it - I can see the agony of losing the best codes etc !

This past Halloween was actually the worst offender, and the coming Halloween is going to be even worse.

I'm predicting that the wall will form at about day 3 or 4, and don't go away until 6 days after. tongue.gif I think it was purplehaze? who had the links to eggs she bred at the start of the Halloween event (that weren't Halloweens) that died in the AP well before the wall cleared.

Cheers!

C4.

Theres a wall of valentines right now. I think everyone is breeding last minute and it makes me sad cuz I was hoping to find more freezing fodder .__.

I mean I don't mind grabbing a few sweetlings here and there but all in all I really want those low time messies in there. Some are CB, some are cute 2Gs others are crazy messies and inbreds and I want em all.

See even if this wall asts 5 minutes, its still annoying because its time I could be using to hunt the AP. Just because 90% of DC wants all the holidays doesnt mean the other 10% has to wait for them to be done and go kick around CB eggs we don't want.

I don't get how lineage builders and hoarders cry out when their method of playing the game is not considered real or worth while but when we wanna cry out because our method of playing DC involves not giving a rats behind for holidays in the AP and we want a line of regular eggs, they tell us to pipe down and just go hunt the cave. Really ladies and gentlemen?

See even if this wall asts 5 minutes, its still annoying because its time I could be using to hunt the AP. Just because 90% of DC wants all the holidays doesnt mean the other 10% has to wait for them to be done and go kick around CB eggs we don't want.

Unfortunately this one is lasting quite more than 5 minutes... Yawn...

Sorry, but no. Valentine and Christmas dragons take up the Cave for three days. Halloween dragons only take up for a single day.

For emphasis: How will this hurt your playing style? To all the people going "no support", how is it going to hurt you? It has already been requested that you give reasons for why you think it will hurt you, yet I have not seen a single person bother to explain.

I don't get how lineage builders and hoarders cry out when their method of playing the game is not considered real or worth while but when we wanna cry out because our method of playing DC involves not giving a rats behind for holidays in the AP and we want a line of regular eggs, they tell us to pipe down and just go hunt the cave. Really ladies and gentlemen?

Excuse me? I beg your pardon? Am I not the OP? You can take a look at my scroll. I AM a lineage builder / hoarder and I not only support this suggestion, I made it!

This is something that does not benefit me in any way shape or form, but I still view it as an improvement to the cave and am supporting and OP'ing the thread.

Time and again in this thread, the people most vocal for change for lineage building / hoarding have posted in support. The people who you are talking about are the same people who reject most changes, period, including the ones that the lineage builders most desire. I've tangled with almost all of them before.

DO NOT paint with such a broad brush.

As for TJ's comment, he's a sprite collector and NOT a lineage builder / hoarder, and he's the one you need to talk to, because he's the one that's saying there isn't a problem. And in fact, a sprite collector who's been around for a while might not even notice the wall. I assure you, any lineage builders / hoarder worth the name will assuredly notice that wall!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4