catstaff

Super Bowl Sunday!

What will you be doing today?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it's that time of year again... Super Bowl Sunday, when millions of Americans gather to watch the NFL championship game.

Are you a sports fan rooting for your team? Do you watch because this is the day that a bunch of fun commercials get shown? (Is anyone but me old enough to remember the Apple Macintosh 1984 ad? How about the cat herders? Or the clydesdale that ran away after the parade to greet the farmer that raised it?)

Or do you prefer the silliness of the Puppy Bowl, or ignore it all to shop while everyone else is home watching tv and stuffing themselves with junk food?

Me, I'll be watching.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

I have 0 interest in football. Any good commercials will be on youtube tomorrow if not tonight.

There's no reason to watch it. I'll be doing something else.

I don't really care for football but my brother always has his friends over to watch it on our big screen so I end up watching it anyway xd.png We're rooting for the Seahawks this year.

puppy bowl is love

my dad's gonna be at work all day on superbowl for the first time in years so we aint gonna be doing much that day

I'm not a fan of football but I might turn the tv on for some of the commercials. I have no doubt that my mom is watching and rooting for the Patriots.

I'm watching the puppy bowl AND the kitten bowl on Hallmark channel. I don't like watching cheaters play and it's pretty obvious how the game's going to go this year so why bother.

My house is a GB Packers house so when they were in the top 4 we were hoping they'd make it to the championship, but that didn't happen. I'm not as big a Football fan as my mom or dad, but I'll watch it. Sometimes I'll get excited, like that one guy who caught the ball with one hand and fell into the Inzone, that was really cool! smile.gif

I did ask around the house to see who they wanted to win the Superbowl and their answer was the same as mine. Go Seahawks!

What am I most excited about though? The commercials, the halftime show (Because I like Katy Perry), and the woman who sang "Let it Go" (cannot remember her name, sorry) is singing the Anthem.

I'm glad they pulled that one commercial about the puppy getting lost and finding his way back home from the Superbowl. The ending was so wrong and messed up. :/

I'm watching the puppy bowl AND the kitten bowl on Hallmark channel.

They have a Kitten Bowl?! wub.gif Not that puppies aren't cute, but I'm a sucker for cute widdle kittens. wub.gif

I loathe the Patriots and so does my boyfriend so we are going to the long beach aquarium to meet the octopus instead of watching the game. We live in Arizona but we decided to take our vacation Super Bowl Sunday week. Didn't want to be in town for that mess! Pro bowl we went to and that was enough traffic and crowd for me. smile.gif

Edited by Reidragon

Lulz, sports. In a week or so, maybe people will finally shut up about football at school \o/

I'm not really going to watch them.I live in Mexico,and few people actually care about it.No offence,but I have never watched ANY Super Bowl.

Don't kill me! *hides*

Not really into football, I'm more of a hockey person xd.png. Think the last time I even sat down to watch the Super Bowl was over 10 years ago and that was only because my uncle liked it.

I'm not really going to watch them.I live in Mexico,and few people actually care about it.No offence,but I have never watched ANY Super Bowl.

Don't kill me! *hides*

Heh. I live in the US and /I've/ never watched any Super Bowl. xd.png

Seeing how I live near Seattle, I am pretty much forced to watch the game. Even if I wasn't watching, I would know how it's going because several of my neighbors light off fireworks when the Seahawks score. I'm not a big fan of sports though. I find it all a bit silly, but it's nice to see the community get excited over something.

That said, I am really hoping we manage to win. It is very unlikely that my grandfather will live to see the next Super Bowl, and he's been rooting for the Seahawks for a very long time (always coming over on Sundays to watch the game on our TV). He's been through such an up hill battle just trying to stay alive a bit longer, so it would be incredible if on his last year alive he got to see them win again.

I voted "...my team's not in it" but will be cheering for the Seahawks, although I really don't care who wins. I want a close, exciting game.

Although I'm normally trying to watch the big game at the bowling alley (I bowl on a Sunday night league), I should be able to watch from home this year as I'm sure the winter storm will cause the league to be cancelled tonight. We already got about ten inches of snow, it's still falling, and the wind is getting stronger.

This is the biggest human trafficking sporting event in the US, and although I know it's not the fault of the players and their teams or anything like that, I don't want to be involved supporting something that has that kind of an undertone.

Well, I live in Massachusetts, so I feel like I should be watching.

But I have homework to do. And I don't like football. |D

I'll be watching somewhat, but I'm really just in it for food & commercials xd.png

My aunt always holds a party every year. This year I don't care for either team - I'll only pay attention if da Bears are in it! Ahaha~

Im planning on watching it on TV. Just for the fun of it. I dont understand football xd.png

Edited by BlueMint

sleep, then watch the recording tomorrow.

4am is no good time to be still awake for the end of the game...

I'm just happy with the fact that my team is one of the few to beat the Patriots this year even if they kept sucking the rest of the time.

Very casually watching it. Not really into football most of the time, but it's fun to watch with my family happy.gif

We're cheering for the Seahawks.

This is the biggest human trafficking sporting event in the US, and although I know it's not the fault of the players and their teams or anything like that, I don't want to be involved supporting something that has that kind of an undertone.

Wat......?

Wat......?

My guess is something to do with how players are 'sold' and 'bought' between teams without much say...?

I don't actually know how any of that works because frankly, I really HATE professional football. Love the sport but hate the pro's. But that's my guess?

Okay officially the coolest commercial ever. Everyone shouting for their favorite team and what pops up but My Little Pony with some of the mane six wearing team jerseys! That was awesome! I hope I can find that on youtube and see it again.

My guess is something to do with how players are 'sold' and 'bought' between teams without much say...?

I don't actually know how any of that works because frankly, I really HATE professional football. Love the sport but hate the pro's. But that's my guess?

It's in reference to human trafficking, people brought in against their will to be bought and sold to be used in the sex trade.