Zeditha

A Forgotten Destiny OOC

I agree that there shouldn't be a school building, just occasional tutoring in single or group sessions for those online at the time and NPC's, and that teaching would be good for character development. Mouse, i love the encyclopedia idea. unknowntoya, I can see where you're coming from, but I think it makes the RP more realistic if the characters are learning stuff, like most people their age. I haven't got her fully planned out yet, but that teacher i was talking about, i was planning to make her all about the environment and plants, so she could teach the characters how to live off of the fruit of the forest and about animals. Also we need to think of a name for the library

Yeah, see how it makes it more realistic, I was just saying that I'm fine with the whole learning thing, and I don't care if it becomes a thing in this Rp or not.

You idea is good, too. I think we can mix these up, Mouse's idea of the encyclopedia, Brotato's idea of learning Astro-Navigation, Hand-to-hand combat, Marksmanship, Physical Education, ect. from Bryce, and your idea of the tutoring groups, and the teacher that can teach about living in a forest area, making gardens, about animals, ect.

I think we can mix these together.

We can! We just need to get Esko to stay first xd.png

Speaking of which he narrowly dodged a nonexistent can of flying SPAM.

You mean Specially Processed American Meat?

Yeah, I was making that post quick. Lemme edit that in

You mean Specially Processed American Meat?

Yeah, I was making that post quick. Lemme edit that in

Actually I think it was Shoulders of Pork And hAM. Or SPiced hAM.

No don't because I was gonna remove it anyway it was a 20 second post to move things along.

Username: berbolkiki2013

Name: Victoria Applewood (Vicky to friends)

Appearance: Shoulder length brown hair, freckled face and a small nose. She has an average build, though is quite small.

Personality: she loves books and nature. Put those two together and she's very happy. She's still very young, so her adventurous side came out when she came to the village. Otherwise she is friendly and peaceful but will rant ferociously is she catches anyone littering. Finally, she is a bit introverted and will get fidgety and nervous after being in a large crowd for a long time

Attitude Towards Dragons: After being in the village for a while, she's come to realise that dragons aren't mindless creatures and that its possible to speak to them. She thinks that they are amazing creatures and is more than happy to teach and study them, though she isn't looking to have one of her own.

Dragon Speaker?: Yes, but she only became one recently after deciding to teach dragons amstheir owners, and she wanted to be able to talk with them.

Do they have a Dragon: Vicky doesn't aim to have a dragon, but ends up befriending Contalia eventually.

History: She's finished her studies in Biology, English and Business. After working in a shop, she decided that she didn't want to waste away behind the counter, and made the biggest choice of her life - moving to teach and study in the village. Going only on her savings (her parents are unsupportive), she brings her haul of books with her. She spends the first couple weeks there filling up loads of the library and getting to know the land via quiet walks. She is soon part of the community. At this point many more interesting things being to happen (i.e. main characters come in)

Extra: none

Edited by berbolkiki2013

One thing: Dragontongue cannot be learned, I think, unless Zed says so. It was given as a blessing from the GotE.

I never said it had to be given with a dragon. xd.png Nobody learns Dragontongue though. Dragons know it instinctively, humans are gifted it. As long as you visit the cave of the GotE, she can give you dragontongue. A powerful Magi would probably also do the trick, but Salema is... less than OP. xd.png She can't even master a simple teleportation spell, although she's learning.

I think, if we were to have dragons and no idea how to care for them, we would need help. But no one's seen a dragon in however many millennia. So there wouldn't be books or stuff, no one could teach them, and other things. But think, whoever trained the first dog probably had help from others who tried to do the same thing. Maybe they could all help each other and put together something like the Dragon Encyclopedia? It makes sense; the encyclopedia is still adding dragons, which would be like how our characters don't know what type of dragon it is, and we'd have to see what they looked like when they got older for us to put it in that form. We'd have to examine their behavior and diet, and then we could add it in. Besides, I was already working on maybe another character.

It's good, but... there's a small problem I see here.

Most of our characters have different species of dragons.

Different species of dragons have different needs, so...

...well, someone who owns a whiptail can't really give advice on how to raise a white, for example, and vice versa.

The first dog owners weren't very good owners, and likely a lot of their dogs died due to bad care, so a trial and error process was likely involved.

I'm not saying we can't do this, ofcourse some of the needs the hatchlings will have are going to be similar, just not all of them.

I certainly won't have Bryce start feeding Torque ten times a day the way I imagine Alex's character's hatchlings eat for example.

However, I do like the encyclopedia idea. Maybe every carer can write down the findings they've made about their own species of hatchling?

That, in a way, would result in an encyclopedia for future carers to go to.

Edited by Brotato

The DragonSpeakers will help, as all the dragons can speak freely to them and tell them what they want. A White, for example, would say 'yuck' or 'no' or 'I don't like that' when offered meat, but a Whiptail would gobble it happily. A book would be helpful, and if anyone wants to initiate or pull out the book, that's fine by me! smile.gif

Username: wingedwillow

Name: Aiolos

Breed: Swallowtail Dragon

Appearance: He looks almost the same as a normal, but he has 3 tails. Image of what he would look like as an adult ((I do not own that image. I found it on the dragon cave wikia))

Personality: Always curious to find out new things, or get into any trouble he can find. Aiolos loves to pounce through tall grass, and is very frivolous.

History: When Calliope walked into the cave, a swift breeze knocked this egg into her open arms and hatched. She knew right there and then, raising this hatchling was her destiny.

Human carer: Calliope

Extra: Aiolos loves snuggling with Calliope and he tries to copy her singing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Calliope

Appearance: Her platinum blonde hair reaches the floor, and her body is covered in light freckles. Calliope has grayish-blue eyes and pale skin. She is about 5' 3' and is very skinny.

Personality: Calliope is bubbly and never misses a good time. She is kind, loving, and compassionate. Her friends always feel that they can tell her anything, and she is always willing to listen.

Attitude towards dragons: She wants to help the dragon race back to their glorious origins. Calliope treats her dragon like one of her own, but she knows that, when it comes time, they will no longer need her support.

DragonSpeaker?: Yes

Do they have a dragon? Aiolos

History: Calliope was raised by poor farmers in a small town near the Himalayas. She spends most of her time in the meadow behind her house, singing to the animals. When she heard about the cave, she came to see how she could help.

Extra: She is known for her beautiful voice. It is said that, with her voice, she made the wolf, that was eating all of the sheep in her home town, curl up in her lap and fall into a peaceful slumber.

Hi! I didn't know if anyone saw this. One question; can I add another dragon later if I please?

Sure you can! I will leave the crituqe to Zed, my brain is fried xP

Sure you can! I will leave the crituqe to Zed, my brain is fried xP

tongue.gif Okay! Thank you, Esko.

Oops. Didn't spot the post, sorry. It might have been due to the large amount of posts here... *glares at the people who 1x1'd for three and a half pages*

Note: humans know NOTHING about the backstory before the cave. It isn't actually even relevant to the RP at all, it simply explains why the cave is there. The GotE knows why the cave was created and suspended in time, but after that point she has no knowledge other than that dragons became extinct. There simply isn't a way to find out why the dragons died except by reading my story, and the characters can't do that. No loopholes allowed, since time travel is something I will not be permitting within this RP.

Adding more characters, at any time, is perfectly allowed! smile.gif If your character went to the cave and touched only one egg, then they can go back at any point and pick up another, which can hatch or not hatch. The GotE might not gift them with Dragontongue on their first visit, but deem them worthy if they come back to look after a second hatchling. However, if your character touched all or nearly all the eggs in the cave, they can't go back and hatch another egg because if it was going to hatch, it would have hatched the first time. This does allow a didn't-notice-the-hatchling loophole of independence for a dragon though.

Rambly rambly ~ want to know about a specific, ask about the specific. You will get a specific answer - unless you ask for anything about the upcoming plot point. All I will reveal about that is that A- I am working on it still (busy busy life) and B- some NPCs will die. Also I'll say that its reason is to keep the RP from being a boring derpness.

Rambled again. -.- Just ask if you wanna know anything. Aiolos and Calliope are acceoted, bu the way.

This took me about 3 hours... I think.

Username: MyaMouse

Name: Koda

Breed: Moonstone

Appearance: I really want to say they look like tiny versions of their adult forms. The adults are beautiful and the hatchlings look like blue whisp-y ghost things.

Personality: Koda is what you would call a stereotypical 'Alex Dragon,' if you know how Alex's dragons are. He is unpredictable at times and loves to stuff his face. He is sweet and lovable and intelligent although sometimes he can be a blundering idiot.

History: He hatched with his sister, Kahina, to the loving arms of Cade and Abigaile Asther. The four had heard of a village from the first girl, Mia, and immediately went there. They were the second and third people there, and the either fifth and sixth or fourth and fifth dragons.

Human carer: Cade and Abigaile, although mainly Cade.

Extra:

Name: Kahina

Breed: Moonstone

Appearance: She looks like a miniature version of an adult Moonstone, but she is freakishly small for a dragon of her age.

Personality: Kahi is shy, but if you get her out of her 'turtle shell', she's really sweet and friendly. She is very trusting, causing her to get into some bad situations with people she's put her faith in.

History: She hatched with her brother, Koda, to the loving arms of Cade and Abigaile Asther. The four had heard of a village from the first girl, Mia, and immediately went there. They were the second and third people there, and the either fifth and sixth or fourth and fifth dragons.

Human carer: Cade and Abigaile Aesther, but mostly Abbie.

Extra:

Name: Cade Aesther

Appearance: Cade has deep blackish-brown hair (a bit darker than mine) that flops down over his forehead and his eyes are a bright sky blue. He has an average-ish build...? I don't know. He's barely muscular and kind of tall, standing at 6' 2". He uses clear contacts to see.

Personality: Cade is fun and childish, easily excitable, intelligent, and socially awkward. He prides himself on his not inconsiderable knowledge with technology. He is unique in his own way. Like his dragon, he can be a blundering idiot at times.

Attitude towards dragons: He thinks of his own as his children, and others' dragons as sentient creatures who deserves respect as well.

Do they have a dragon? Koda

History: At age 20, Cade Aesther married his highschool sweetheart Abigaile Duncan. They loved each other very much, and wanted to start a family together. Soon they started trying for children. For a year they tried until Abbie went to the doctor and told her that she couldn't have children. Heartbroken but not discouraged, the Aesthers began to search for a child or pet to adopt. Dogs, cats, kids. They couldn't find a single one they felt a connection to. At 22, Cade got a job as a video game programmer and Abigaile got a job as a teacher. They lost all hope of a child or something to fill the gap in their family until a few weeks ago a student of Abbie's, Mia, informed the couple about the dragons and Abbie took a chance. Whisking her husband to the Himalayas for one last shot at having something to care for, the couple found the cave and searched in the ocean of eggs for one she felt a connection to, and one he felt a connection to. Then they came across two brilliant blue eggs, one that Cade felt was right for him, and one Abbie felt was right for her. They travelled to the village after picking their eggs. Immediately, two beautiful hatchlings with large, shiny orbs on their tails cracked out of the eggs. Their family was complete.

Extra: Yes they quit their jobs. Obviously.

Name: Abigaile "Abbie" Aesther

Appearance: Abbie has long, curly, ombré pale brown hair and eyes of the same brown, tinged with green. She is thin and of average height, standing at about 5' 9". She is, well, kind of flat-chested and frail. Her skin is pale and free of blemishes (naturally, too). The only mark on her skin is a birthmark on the back of her neck.

Personality: Abbie is smart, caring, kind, and patient. She doesn't rush things and is very good at what she does.

Attitude towards dragons: Abbie treats them as family members and close friends. In her eyes, they are humans, and all humans are not.

Do they have a dragon? Kahina

History: At age 20, Abigaile Duncan married her highschool sweetheart Cade Aesther and took his last name. They loved each other very much, and wanted to start a family together. Soon they started trying for children. For a year they tried until Abbie went to the doctor and told her that she couldn't have children. Heartbroken but not discouraged, the Aesthers began to search for a child or pet to adopt. Dogs, cats, kids. They couldn't find a single one they felt a connection to. At 22, Abbie got a job as an intermediate school teacher and Cade started to program, teaching programming in his free time. They lost all hope of a child or something to fill the gap in their family until a student of Abbie's, Mia, informed the teacher about the dragons and Abbie took a chance. Whisking her husband to the Himalayas for one last shot at having something to care for, the couple found the cave and searched in the ocean of eggs for one she felt a connection to, and one he felt a connection to. Then they came across two brilliant blue eggs, one that Cade felt was right for him, and one Abbie felt was right for her. They travelled to the village after picking their eggs. Immediately, two beautiful hatchlings with large, shiny orbs on their tails cracked out of the eggs. Their family was complete.

Extra: After they got Kahina and Koda, they adopted a cream-colored cat named Horus.

Because I can't separate it and I'm lazy- http://p1.pichost.me/i/56/1796636.jpg

Edited by MyaMouse

Ugh, I CANT SEE THE PIC DARN DKJDKENDJD

Haha, Cade? I see you like that name...

Alex Dragon. Love it. Should become a thing xd.png

Ugh, I CANT SEE THE PIC DARN DKJDKENDJD

Haha, Cade? I see you like that name...

Alex Dragon. Love it. Should become a thing xd.png

OH SHUT UP.

Yeah, if I feel like it I'll put it on Tinypic. But I updated the description.

http://tinypic.com/r/wmm0zo/8

Name: Aiolia

Breed: Swallowtail

Appearance: completely normal female swallowtail

Personality: She is mischievous and loves to sneak around, but she is also gentle and loving.

History: When Calliope walked into the cave, a swift breeze knocked this egg into her open arms, but it did not hatch like Aiolos.

Human carer: Calliope

Extra:

Edited by wingedwillow