Zeditha

A Forgotten Destiny OOC

Hey, Dream.

If you'd like I could have Cay be your caretaker even though she's not exactly a nice person to be around unless you are her dragon.

Or you can be Nightshade.

Zed, is that allowed? Or can I just say a loophole I thought of to get him without a human?

Edited by MyaMouse

Tell me your loophole, and I will say if it works. biggrin.gif I have an extremely simple one I'll use for Baltia, but I won't tell anyone until it's time to begin. (Husshh! Nooo peekie!)

It's alright, MyaMouse, I'll just make a human as well. Thanks for the offer, though! :3

Still, I don't role play humans as much as I do dragons... xd.png

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Hello, I'd like to join this RP. I've never RP'd before but it looks fun smile.gif. I've read the rules and all.

Before I post my character(s) I'd like to take a shot at the loophole.

Here goes; on every egg on DC it says that unborn dragons are actually ready to hatch early on in their development cycle. If this is true, then is the loophole that if an egg is dropped accidentally and it cracks, the dragon can hatch and will be able to live? Without a human?

In any case, here's my dragon:

Username: berbolkiki2013

Name: Contalia

Breed:Cassare dragon

Appearance: Like most others, though the black on her belly isn't splotchy but covers her whole underside and the edges are wavy.

Personality: She doesn't trust easily but is good at improvising in tough situations. She can be possessive. To her humans are suspicious and she isn't very open to them due to her previous owner, Daryl. She also likes music and picks it up from the birds. However when she opens up to someone, you get to see her friendly, cheerful self.

History: She hatches for Daryl because she sees the good and opportunity in him. After he brings her and Rudus to their new home in India, she spends a couple days there, being locked up, hidden from the other villagers and punished when she doesn't follow a command, before being rescued by Baltia.

Human Carer: Daryl Collins

Extra: Her breed's magic-repelling abilities will cause complications later on

And one last thing: I live in a complete different time zone to most of you guys, so I'll either be asleep or at school when you post and vice versa. That's partly why I picked a more secluded character; so that I don't slow down the RP/ stop it in the middle of a scene for 12hrs

-berb smile.gif

Edited by berbolkiki2013

Ooh! that's nice loophole theory right there! Also, Cassares are fun to RP with; part of my RP's plot hinged on Cassares nulling my camouflage spell.

Darn it, you stole my theory.

What if the dragon's owner just left the egg after it hatched? Like, they couldn't take it?

Nice loophole, I didn't think of that xd.png

An egg requires a human touch to hatch, due to the spell and the Guardian's protection. However, if a human dropped and left an egg, then the dragon might have hatched.

My loophole was simply that if a human touched an egg and didn't notice it hatch, or didn't notice the egg at all (you can brush a hand past an egg and touch it) then the dragon would hatch and the human wouldn't know they have a dragon.

Still put the human into the carer part, because they were still hatched by the touch of that human and the bond will exist between them, but the dragon just lives away from their human. If they find each other, they'll know, and we need to know if they know something. xd.png

Yay, my forms are done. biggrin.gif By the way, do pictures from the DC Wikia not work anymore?

Username: Dream_Dragon

Name: Hazie Silver

Breed: White

Appearance: Hazie is just an average baby White dragon. Her eyes are bright blue and her scales are a pale white, with a pale yellow underbelly. The tips of her wings have yellow feathers just starting to grow in.

Personality: An appropriate term to describe Hazie Silver would definitely be "mother hen" (once she grows up, that is). She can be a real worrywart half the time and fusses over the smallest of wounds. As such, some find her to be a bit much sometimes but she is tolerable. Hazie is a soft-spoken character and doesn't like to hurt anybody's feelings. She doesn't partake in gossip unless she dislikes someone immensely and she hasn't found that someone yet so she usually doesn't comment whenever her friends complain about some dragon. Her morals are high and if she makes even the slightest wrongdoing, even as a jest, she will immediately feel guilty deep down inside. Hazie is also very expressive and it's not hard to figure out what she's feeling most of the time.

History: So far, she's adequately taken care of by Hannah. There was one incident when she had choked on meat that Hannah had given to her, mistakenly thinking that Hazie was a carnivore.

Human carer: Hannah Graft

Extra: Nope.

Username: Dream_Dragon

Name: Hannah Graft

Appearance: She stands at 1.65 meters and has a slim build. Her straight, silky, and jet black hair reaches down a few inches beneath her shoulder blades and she doesn't mind flipping it every now and then, blatantly showing it off. Her lashes are long and dark and her eyebrows are thick, though not to the point of it being too overly bushy. Her face seems to be perfectly modeled, with her sharp nose and chin and her sky blue eyes. Her skin is fair and all in all, she's perfectly beautiful. Her usual choice of clothes would be flaunty and she walks a fine line between modest and outright scandalous.

Personality: Hannah is one of the many typical high school girls who look down on those who aren't trendy or rich. She doesn't care much for attitude and will flip anyone she doesn't like without hesitating. Swearing is basically a part of her daily vocabulary, especially when she's mad. Another particular trait of hers that stands out is the fact that whenever she has something that she knows that someone doesn't, she can and will take the opportunity to shove it in everyone's face. When she is embarrassed, she will roll her eyes in frustration and sashay off to grumble her problems away.

Attitude towards dragons: She doesn't really care for them much. The only reason she even has one is only to show it off.

DragonSpeaker?: No.

Do they have a dragon? Hazie Silver. Probably more from all the eggs she's picked up and put down.

History: Her family is extremely wealthy, what with her father being a typically successful businessman, and so she has no difficulties in getting whatever she wants, whenever she needs it. However, Hannah isn't a totally spoilt brat as some may have been led to believe. Her father ensures that she actually studies to keep up her grades and her mom, who is a teacher, keeps an eye on her so as to prevent her from slipping behind on her homework. As it is, she barely gets by at school but Hannah really doesn't care. She just wants to be a well-known actress when she grows up so what was the point of school?

Moving on. When the news of the dragon eggs broke out, Hannah didn't waste time in demanding one from her father. Happy to please his daughter, he bought her a plane ticket to the Himalayas and she arrived at the cave all on her own. Hannah felt a slight buzz of anticipation as she entered to choose an egg. Since she had no concern whatsoever in which egg she got, Hannah merely grabbed the nearest egg she could get. However, as she started to lift it up, a deep growl emanated from the back of the cave, almost causing her to drop the egg. She peered into the darkness and could just about make out a large shape in the shadows. Not knowing what it was, she merely gave it a rude gesture and attempted to pick up another egg, which only ended up with her being growled at again. Hannah wasn't stupid enough that she was going to anger a dumb creature that would probably kill her if she made the wrong move but she swore at it, anyway, before picking another egg. The cycle continued until she was rather near to the back of the cave, picking up a white egg that seemed to radiate with its pure brilliance. Upon picking it up, Hannah received no growly response from the ominous presence that was now a bit too close for comfort. Taking that as a green light, Hannah hurried out of the cave, egg in her hands. Not long after, a white hatchling with brilliant blue eyes hatched, and after some thought, she felt that it deserved a name and so, she named it Hazie Silver.

Extra: None, really.

About the swearing thing, I'll try to make her not do too much of it and if she does, I'll censor 'em. Really. ^w^"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Yay smile.gif Accepted!

I don't mind how much she swears, just censor it. For the mods, not for me. xd.png

An interesting plot point... Would Hannah want to go to the dragon village? All dragon owners will go there (so that we are all in one place) so Hannah will have to go too. Question is, how, and why?

Interestingness for the RP. I'm not bothering making Baltia's form... I'm sure we all know what a Dark Myst Pygmy looks like, and her entire personality is giggling and small stones. Not hard to RP out.

We may begin! *shoos everyone to the RP thread and closes the door*

Well, walking over terrain, describing the setting, what the characters see. Yeah, it is important

Ok, I'll make a human then. Since we dont have any baddies yet, I might aswell do one, though I don't want him to be the lead baddie; I don't think I'm up to taking such a role and I don't even know what, if anything is planned to happen.

Username:berbolkiki2013

Name:Daryl Collins

Appearance: He has light brown hair, dark eyes and pasty skin. He's an average height. His nose is straight and he has thick eyebrows.

Personality: He's malicious and works for his own benefit but he's very good at hiding it. He's sneaky; he doesn't like to start fights but prefers to strike from the shadows ninja.gif . He's all for money and will do anything to make a large profit. He has a nice side which he only shows in the presence of his little sister (he has a weakness for her and is genuinely nice to her). He's quite impatient

Attitude Towards Dragons: They are servants who can be controlled with a bit of strictness. He plans to use them to make money; after the eggs in the Dragon Cave all hatch, he will be the one with a stock of dragon eggs to sell to the people who want 'pets' as he calls them

DragonSpeaker?: Yes, but the only reason the GoN accepted him was because of his kindness to his sister and his dragons hatching for him

Do they have a dragon?:Contalia, Rudus and later on the dragons he steals/breeds

History: He was poor throughout his young life in the UK and that's where the desire for money came from. After graduating school he spent 5 years trying to make money by setting up businesses/ doing jobs but he always failed. When the news about the Cave came about he set off, planning to take some pretty eggs and breed the dragons when they became adults. At the cave, he tried to take many eggs but all the ones he tried had been taken away from him by the Guardian. He had gone through very many eggs by the time there was one he was allowed to keep; Contalia's. Soon after he also got another egg, a Tri-Horn Wyvern. Then he had to leave as one of the few planes to the Himalayas was leaving. He set up in India, where laws on dragon rights had not yet been passed (he didnt go to the Dragon Owners' village).

Extra:He is often cruel to his dragons

So that's my human. As for the Tri-Horn Wyvern, his name is Rudus and he has a similar personality to Daryl after being brought up by him. I don't want to RP more than 2 characters, so Rudus is an open character; if you need him for a scene or to say something to your character, use him, just don't do anything really pointless and keep it relevant to the story.

I dont know if characters such as Rudus are allowed, but I'm gonna be focusing mainly on Contalia and Daryl as its my first time RP'ing.

Also check out Contalia's profile, because I've changed her history.

-berb smile.gif

Well you need to make the sheet for the dragon too

Ok, but is it allowed to make a character like this?

Username: berbolkiki2013

Name: Rudus

Breed: Tri-Horn Wyvern

Appearance: Very little white on his wings, but otherwise the same as the other Tri-Horn wyverns

Personality: He's sneaky and is a good robber. He is loyal to nobody and will fight for what he thinks is right, but doesn't show this side often. Usually he's a prankster and slacker.

History: After hatching for Daryl, going to India with him and Contalia, then running away with her and Baltia, he becomes the prankster in the village. He is indifferent towards humans as he doesn't really remember his bad experiences with Daryl.

Human Carer: Daryl Collins

Extra: This is a open character, so if you need him for a scene or to say something to your character, use him, just don't do anything really pointless and keep it relevant to the story.

I also have a question about RP'ing

Apart from really big, significant bits can you make something up and let everyone go along with it/improvise, or do you have to check every little thing with everyone.

I welcome constructive criticism

-berb smile.gif

Edited by berbolkiki2013

Okay, but where is Contalia's form? If you use her more often, then make her form.

Thank you. I knew I kinda had to set up what would happen after the humans got their hatchlings, so I put in extra effort.

Username: Brotato

Name: Bryce Bengstington

Appearance: Due to scarring on his hands, arms and chest, Bryce is most often seen not wearing anything exposing. In cold weather, his outfit consists of a dark grey vest and gloves, with a randomly colored blouse underneath. Below the waist, regardless of the weather, he wears either jeans, or pantaloons of some sort, appropriately restrained by a corresponding belt. He's not into sports wear, and is most often seen wearing work boots. He travels light, and carries around only a small pouch of his essentials, such as his mobile, wallet, house keys and such. He also carries his concealed Glock 19 and a combat knife, due to his slight paranoia after a bad experience in his past.

Personality: Bryce is typically seen as an 'inside outsider'. He wears a smile and says kind words, but to those mot observant, it is clear he harbors a kind of resentment towards those he would call his own species. He's paranoid and sometimes skips out on sleep, making him easy to push and sometimes delusional. At his best, he is just and decisive. At his worst, he is reckless and unstable.

Attitude towards dragons: He stands on the line between neutral and admirer. Though their sudden appearance has shaken up the monotonous life he once lived, he takes that in stride, and cares for his own hatchling as if it were his sibling. In a way, the two would learn about themselves more then they would learn about each other in their experiences together.

DragonSpeaker?: Yes.

Do they have a dragon? Yes. Torque

History: Bryce was a troubled child. His bad experiences with other people started in primary school, where he was frequently the target of bullying. With the lack of compassion from the school staff, and the inability of getting help from his family, he endured, for seven years until middle school, where the damage had already been done. Despite his hopes of reintegrating with a new society that would not end him up similarly, he felt himself drift away from them, and despite not being bullied, became the outsider. Mockery soon followed his antisocial lifestyle. At age 19, he graduated and moved onto university, where his career path would demand a peak physical condition in addition to a top shape of mind, but would reward him with an excellent paycheck. And get in shape he certainly did. After months of exhaustive training in the gym and swimming pool, Bryce had found a new self-respect for himself in his new muscular form. His strength gave him confidence he'd never experienced before.

One fateful day, during a cold winter, on a lonely alley path through two apartment complexes, Bryce was on his way back from his indoor swimming pool training session, feeling pumped and ready for the remainder of the day's challenges. All was quiet, until suddenly, he felt a shove from behind. Keeping his balance, he clenched his fist and spun around. Gritting his teeth, he struggled to keep it together when he saw the face of the very boy who'd bullied him for seven years in primary. He was laughing and spewing profanities at Bryce, as if the poor fool hadn't matured past the age of 12.

When he got to the part of insulting Bryce's mother, something in Bryce just snapped. He flew into a blind rage, and charged the bully.The fight was quick, due to the fact the bully had underestimated Bryce's new build due to all the layers of clothing he'd been wearing to protect himself from the cold. Bryce literally beat the bully to within an inch of his life, and wanted to go the extra step and finish him then and there as well. it would have been so easy to strangle the unconscious halfwit, or crush his head with a rock, or gouge out his eyes with a stick... but reason prevailed. Bryce walked away with no more then a few bruises and bloody knuckles, leaving his old oppressor to bleed out, hoping deep down in his little black heart, that no one heard anything, and that he wouldn't be found until it was too late.

Despite possibly having committed murder, Bryce had closure, closure he desperately needed. And so, he went on with his life, with very little regret to slow him down. He never heard from the law, nor from that bully's family, if he even had one. Years later, he graduated university, though not without some troubles. Bryce wasn't the brightest lightbulb in his class, and needed assistance to get through some of the technical subjects. Still, he persevered, and moved onto a promising career as a navy navigator. That is, until one day, when his vessel was caught in some bad weather. By then, he was at the master's side. A fight broke out, over the issue if they should call for help or not. The master demanded that they stayed on course, and that their bulk carrier vessel would make it through the storm just fine, where as Bryce could see the vessel capsizing quite soon if this went on, and urged for them to call for assistance from the shoreline.

In the end, the master's will was done, and Bryce was dismissed to his cabin, with a report of disobedience looming over his head. As he lay upon his bed, the unspeakable happened. A huge wave smacked their port side with enough force to tilt them sideways and almost flip them over. An alarm was sounded, signifying a hull breach. The men scrambled to get it under control, but it was a pointless effort. The call went out to abandon ship. As the men pooled around the lifeboats, Bryce rushed for it. Just as he was about to exit the hall leading to the main deck, he was tackled to the ground by one of his crew. The crew member spoke some foreign tongue, and was holding a kitchen knife. Bryce tried to defend himself, sustaining multiple deep cuts in his arms, but his attacker finally got the opening and stabbed Bryce in the chest, twice. Bleeding heavily, Bryce passed out as his attacker ran off, laughing maniacally towards the lifeboats.

When Bryce awoke, he found himself bandaged heavily, laying in what looked like a hospital bed. Soon, he saw a familiar face. It was the ship's bosun. They hadn't spoken much before, but the man had apparently noticed Bryce's absence, and dared look for him. He'd been found and dragged into one of the bigger lifeboats, where they'd patched him up with them medkit inside to stop him from bleeding out. The company he worked for had covered his medical expenses, but due to the injuries he'd sustained, had also marked him unfit for duty any more. Bryce's career went down the drain, all because of some foreign psychopath.

Once he'd recovered, Bryce now carried his distinctive scars upon his hands, arms and chest, to serve as a reminder, that you never know who you should trust. He owed the bosun his life, but still remembered the agony of that blade tearing his flesh, as if that memory was but a day old.

After his forced retirement from the navy, he took up being a professional slob, and lived several years only off of his saved up money from the months spent at sea. The interest alone was enough to sustain him monthly.

One fateful day, he overheard someone mention the new discovery made, some ways away.

Dragons, really? He wouldn't have believed it until he saw one of those blessed with their own hatchling. But when he saw the newly hatched wonder, he felt a kind of kinship towards them. Their stories were somewhat similar, in a way. They were both just trying to protect themselves.

One day of preparation, a backpack full of supplies, and a will to get this done later, Bryce was on his way towards the cave. He traveled by land, and in all honestly, enjoyed the experience. He had to pass through several towns on his way, and meeting the new people and seeing the new places was reminiscent of everything he loved about his old profession. Traveling was nice.

In due time, he reached the apex of the mountain, and carefully walked inside the designated entrance. What a strange sight to behold. All these oddly colored eggs, just lying there on the ground. But he knew what me must do. Walking around, eyeing them up for the perfect one, his eyes rested on a peculiar striped brownish one. It was a little smaller then the rest, but somehow he felt like it was... communicating with in? He couldn't explain it. Bending down, Bryce simply picked it up and held it in one hand. Strangely, it was warm... and... moving?

*crack* And it was gone. The bloody thing had literally shattered open, and in the blink of an eye, there in his hand, was a hatchling. A small, brownish hatchling with bright yellow eyes and an excessively long tail.

"Hi?" -he asked of it, as if expecting a response.

"H-hi." -it retorted, only to Bryce's amazement.

Days later, after Bryce had spoken with the guardian of nature, taken his hatchling home, given it a name and proper living conditions, it wasn't long before he grew attached to it. What he thought was to be the most awesome pet ever had gradually wormed its way into his life as more of a sibling then anything else. Well, if not for their bond, then at least because the little dragon knew how to speak, and obviously had a mind of its own. Thoughts, feelings, emotions, basically sentience. Taking care of it chewed into his monthly interest withdrawals, but they managed. Bryce looked after his little companion, and certainly was no easy talk. It had quite an appetite, and did so a reserve of energy. It ran and it ran and it jumped and it just wouldn't keep still. The little whiptail simply had no place indoors, and would have to make its outdoor walks, its permanent home. That much was perfectly clear for Bryce. He'd also finally come up with a name for it. Torque, yes. It was a name befitting the whiptail, and it was one that the dragon approved of.

After some mulling over, the two agreed to move on, somewhere else where there was more space, and less hassle.Bryce had heard of this one particular town, where the people like him now went to live with their dragons. So if there was any place to go, it was there. He sold his house for a hefty profit, deposited the money, packed a LOT of supplies, and soon enough, he and Torque were on their way.

Extra: Excuse the long Bio. I just had to. When I feel it, I just need to write it. laugh.gif

Sheet for Torque coming right up.

============================================

Username: Brotato

Name: Torque

Breed: Whiptail

Appearance: Looks just like your common whiptail hatchling. It's grown a bit, but not so much. It has its standard brown scale coloration and its stripes are coming in more and more as time passes. Its eyes are a bright yellow and it has vertically dilated pupils. No other defining features.

Personality: Torque, raised by a paranoiac, also exhibits some of Bryce's mental instability. He can be rash and reckless, though is usually quite energetic and talkative. Though he's not yet cunning or wise enough to play others for fools, he certainly looks up to Bryce for that ability.

History: The time spent in his egg passed him by as if it were but a mere full night's sleep. He'd been hatched into this world, oblivious to the old world order, and grew fond of Bryce quickly, as the two began their trek through life together. Torque's story has only just begun.

Human carer: Bryce Bengstington

Extra: Nothing.

Edited by Brotato

Are you following me...?

And holy Funyuns, you remind me of me when I shut down and go into full-out story mode. And I can't say I'm surprised you used Torque. That name's been from you like 4 times already.

Also, Zed, I probably should go read the rules again before I ask this but can I have another human? A non-caretaker, just a human because I feel like it.

Are you following me...?

And holy Funyuns, you remind me of me when I shut down and go into full-out story mode. And I can't say I'm surprised you used Torque. That name's been from you like 4 times already.

Also, Zed, I probably should go read the rules again before I ask this but can I have another human? A non-caretaker, just a human because I feel like it.

Yes, I am. I also stalk you in your sleep muhahahahaha, no.

There aren't that many literate RPs ya know. I suppose we just have a similar taste in RPs.

And yes, I like using the same name for my main. I feel like it's just... mine, somehow.

It's hard to explain, but I think you should know what I mean.

Does my presence here bother you?

Edited by Brotato

No, it's just something I was gonna ask during Wolf Pack but forgot to. Also, the hatchlings are supposed to be newborns- no more than a week old. Torque can't be 68- not years, not days, not weeks... Maybe hours. And I know what you mean 'bout the names, but I've started to change it a bit... It's gotten overused I guess.

Dang it, Nightshade, stop being the best Skylander Trappie I've ever used so I can stop stealing your name.

No, it's just something I was gonna ask during Wolf Pack but forgot to. Also, the hatchlings are supposed to be newborns- no more than a week old. Torque can't be 68- not years, not days, not weeks... Maybe hours. And I know what you mean 'bout the names, but I've started to change it a bit... It's gotten overused I guess.

Dang it, Nightshade, stop being the best Skylander Trappie I've ever used so I can stop stealing your name.

Alright. Thanks for the heads-up. Editing.

Haha, I feel that Esko and Tulvir are my names too. I use them ALL THE FREAKIN TIME