angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Change how breeding works

On 06/01/2018 at 7:47 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

But then rare x rare = endless chain of profit.

There is still "no interest" which is the majority of unproductive results I get (from commons though, not rares).

From the Lovely Commons breedings, samples of difficult pairings include:

Kingcrowne & Fell results in: Fell (releases were only 3 months apart)

Kingcrowne & Royal Crimson: Kingcrownes

Candelabra & Hellfire: Candelabra

Sinii Krai & Teimarr: Sinii Krai

You may argue that we could just breed all the new ones together and the old ones separately, but, you know, aesthetics just don't work that way.

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a reversal of fortune recently?

After breeding from August on I finally got this Sunset x Sunsong pair to give me a Sunsong instead of a Setsong: https://dragcave.net/progeny/O8KjK

That Sunsong then immediately bred another Sunsong, which in turn bred a Sunset, which was very nice! https://dragcave.net/lineage/S51s0

Also got two Thunders I needed from Grays recently and, perhaps most delightful, bred four pairs of Antarean x Ember and got two Antareans and two Embers back, a very different story from how long it took me to get an Ember from Spirit Wards a few years ago (yes, different partner breeds, but Antareans and Spirit Wards are both relatively new and very common, so I think it's comparable).

All this is happening after TJ mentioned recently that he had tried making same changes, so I'm wondering if things have gotten better and we just hadn't noticed! I'd been busy with holiday things pretty straight since October, so this is my first real foray back into trying more regular pairings.

I rescind my previous statement. Seems like it was just good luck with no real change. 😕

Been trying to breed about 8 Monarch x Fall pairs for the last three weeks. 24+ attempts, not a single Fall. About 8 Deep Sea x new release (Lacula, Razorcrest, Pyrovoar) for the last three weeks, not a single deep sea. Neither Falls nor Deep Seas are actually RARE, which is why it's so godawful frustrating to never see them show up in breedings with things that are just a little more common!

This is also a different kettle of fish, but I have one Gold I've tried with two different Ices over the past TWO YEARS without a Gold... and on a lesser but still frustrating note, a Thunder x Storm pair that I've tried since April (7 months!) with no Thunder. Everything just feels borked...

As I stated back in February:

The breeding mechanics thread I should've shut down a while ago actually (sorry). It's pretty inherently unactionable, and the disclaimer at the top of the thread points to why: breeding is somewhat of a black box which, for practical reasons, will likely continue to be so.

There are a number of knobs and levers that get tweaked every so often, and I have access to data that shows that things aren't actually bad. Since I have no plans to share more of the internals of dragon breeding, I'm just going to close this.