Grandfather_frank

Prize Breeding

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Mageias, Undines, blue Zyumorphs, Sunsets and Sunrises?

Hmm sunrise/set might be interesting, not sure if I have CB ones though.  :)  But always good to have something to work on.

I have a CB female Bronze Shimmer and so far, I bred her to:

- Floret (both violet and gold)

- Falconiform

- Lunar Herald (blue)

- Spirit Ward

- Gemshard (blue)

- Silver

- GoN

- Holly

- Razorcrest

- Floral-Crowned

- Whiptail (as part of an IOU, but it's an intriguing pairing)

https://dragcave.net/progeny/5Tha2

My favourites might be Razorcrests and Florets.

Edited by Gluria
Added progeny link

silver Shimmer x Chrono or Gaea. :wub: 

bronze Shimmer x Mageia or Pyro.

silver Tinsels would look lovely with Floral Crowneds. (So do gold Shimmers.)

either silver Prize x blue Lunar Herald

I wish there were more male bronze shimmers paired with sunsongs. Selfish thought (look at my sig lol)

Just out of curiosity, what would look best with a Gold tinsel? Someone said she thought pillows would look good, but I'm thinking perhaps Albinos or Mints, because you rarely seem them in prize lineages. Gold wyverns are an obvious choice, since they're of a similar color, but the sprite isn't that pretty to me. I would prefer a common pairing so anyone could continue the lineage instead of one with say, CB silvers or coppers. 

I love all prizes with Gemshards, Florets or Xenos (except Pyro - the flame makes them less attractive for me) in general ❤️

Kinda sad though that Gemshards are so random and thus harder to work into a pretty prize checker.. (Florets and Xenos can produce a different colour but at least you see it instantly after breeding)

I'm also still disappointed that we can't breed drakes (Honeydrakes ❤️ ) with regular dragons (or have the prizes be able to do so but not other dragons).

Edited by Soulsborne

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

Just out of curiosity, what would look best with a Gold tinsel? Someone said she thought pillows would look good, but I'm thinking perhaps Albinos or Mints, because you rarely seem them in prize lineages. Gold wyverns are an obvious choice, since they're of a similar color, but the sprite isn't that pretty to me. I would prefer a common pairing so anyone could continue the lineage instead of one with say, CB silvers or coppers. 

These are the combos I've tried with Snape so far. I like a little contrast, especially deeper/richer blues and greens - I think Deep Sea might be my favorite so far.

I really like the Seragammas, shockingly. They just seem to always make more Seragammas, rarely giving you another breed. I've been trying to get a CB Silver (regular metallic) to give me a Silver from a Seragamma for a long time. It's bred like 10 Seragammas and wasn't interested the other times.

I'd love to see more male silver tinsels x female hellfires. Not only because I think it's a lovely pairing, but because I'd love to get a mate for a sibling of this.

4 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/apjpi

I haven't very long to play around with lineages yet.  (magma's were a request) but I'm loving the ideas for the future.  Might try the florets for sure. 

So lovely. You're lucky. CB Bronze tinsels look good with EVERYTHING. Their coloring makes it so they match what looks good with gold and silver tinsels. Golds look garish when paired with some dragons, and silvers look...bleh...when paired with, say, other silver/white colored dragons. Bronzes are the perfect in-between that look great with every dragon. At least to me. My favorite Bronze tinsel pairing is with Xenos. I do not have a SINGLE bronze x any xeno, but...maybe someday?

I just got a Silver Shimmerscale from the August raffle (my birthday month too, awesome!) and I've been tossing around some ideas on what to breed him with. So far my favorite is Spotted Greenwing. Time will tell if I'll actually be able to breed prize offspring with that pairing and how reliably though.

All of the ones I've thought of so far:

B8kGdgb.png

Used Heart of Blue for simulating different lineage outcomes. Definitely recommend it if you're interested in planning lineages and haven't tried it yet.

If there are any people out there with Silver Shimmerscales that want to work together to produce some kind of checkers, do let me know! I'm especially interested in making Spotted Greenwing, Undine, Hellfire Wyvern and Mistletoe checkers although Mistletoe will have to wait until next christmas for me, given that I have none of them so far.

Edited by Nagapie

I have a prize dragon here.   I breed it with a GoN and usually offer the offspring for trades.  I'd love to get a ND sometime for it, but in the meantime, people have made great offers.  If there is someone else out there with a prize and you'd like to do a swap of offspring, let me know!