Grandfather_frank

Prize Breeding

This thread has been really helpful, especially with the combo preview post. ^^ It's begun helping me narrow down what to bred with my Silver tinsel.

Edit: Herp. My favorite combos are Silvers x Lumina, Golds x Golds and I dunno for Copper prizes.

(Longtimelurkerhere. This might be my first post;;;)

Edited by MizuJakkaru

I will probably make silver shimmer x green nebula or bright pink smile.gif

But my favourite is golden/bronze shimmer x every pyralspite. They are just beautiful and I will swap for them first.

But I'm not sure if it will be reasonable breeding CB prize with almandine or spessartine since its not that easy to catch one of them.

Also, for quite a long time, you won't get anything *but* Pyralspites out of that combo - they are still too new!

I was thinking about pyralspites because I won 2014 raffle and they were released in 2014 tongue.gif

There are plenty of lineages with silver shimmer x horse, etc. I will probably go for something less common laugh.gif

And I love silver shimmer x mistletoe as well, but mistletoes are holidays dragons sad.gif((

I think Shimmer/Magi lines look good; there aren't a lot of those out there. What about Tangars and Neotropicals with Silver prizes?

Not sure about Tangars, but Neotropicals in my opinion look good with Shimmers. Great idea, thank you wink.gif

I've decided that Sansa's lifemate will be a Sunset Dragon. Love that combination.

Not a prize winner, but I love the look of tsunamis in prize lineages! <3 (and any lineages tbh xd.png, maybe I'm just biased cause I love tsunamis in general!)

So at the last minute before influencing Oasis, I'm having cold feet. xd.png Here are the holiday pairings I'm considering. Any opinions on which of these you love the best would be very welcome! Please ignore the names.

Female shimmer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Male shimmer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Male shimmer:

user posted image

user posted image

I'm also digging Mistletoe, Ribbon Dancer, and Val 09. And just think of female Despip too.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Thanks for the input on the potential pairings! But now I really can't decide. xd.png I'd been thinking of her as female and planning to breed her with purple nebula and Heartseeker, but Holly and Solstice and Mistletoe are awfully tempting...

I think what I'll do is not influence, and let the egg show me what he/she wants to be. That'll be exciting.

Also, Shimmer x Holly is very cool (and looks surprisingly nice!), but would anybody actually trade for one? It'd be so hard to find a mate! xd.png

Thanks for the input on the potential pairings! But now I really can't decide.  xd.png I'd been thinking of her as female and planning to breed her with purple nebula and Heartseeker, but Holly and Solstice and Mistletoe are awfully tempting...

I think what I'll do is not influence, and let the egg show me what he/she wants to be. That'll be exciting.

Also, Shimmer x Holly is very cool (and looks surprisingly nice!), but would anybody actually trade for one?  It'd be so hard to find a mate! xd.png

Mistletoes or Solstices wub.gif And rosy winged Solstices please that would be perfect. happy.gif

Also, Shimmer x Holly is very cool (and looks surprisingly nice!), but would anybody actually trade for one?  It'd be so hard to find a mate! xd.png

Well see. What a cool person could do with that is make a Christmas spiral with all the christmas breeds. So the 2G from Holly x Shimmer gets bred to a Yulebuck, the 3G gets bred to a Snow Angel, 4G to a Ribbon Dancer, 5G to a Winter Magi, 6G to a Wrapping-Wing, 7G to a Solstice, and 8G to a Mistletoe. You could do the same with a Val 09 and make a Valentine spiral.

It could also be bred to an even-gen Holly checker, which could be really pretty.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

TCA, I'm doing the same idea with cavern lurkers, though I'm only to 3g.

I'm pretty excited about it, even though it will take years and will never be done! lol

spiral

It would be pretty cool with a prize + holiday, IMO.

Also, Shimmer x Holly is very cool (and looks surprisingly nice!), but would anybody actually trade for one? It'd be so hard to find a mate! xd.png

Just poking in to say that I would trade for one! In a heartbeat! xd.png

Anyways, that is all. tongue.gif

Wow, thanks for this - it's super helpful! I think green Copper is the only rare on my list for potential mates (other than Gold). I definitely want to try with a rarer breed first to maximize my chances of getting a Tinsel egg.

What are other peoples' plans (new winners or otherwise!) for this last week before Valentine's hits?

Bumping this old topic instead of making a new one. 

I frequently see people saying they cant find prize lineages from dragons they like, but rarely do they list what they would like to see.  With new prize owners every month, It might be nice to have a place where people can get inspiration from a thread like this.  I know I've seen a few in here I'd never considered (and might try), and we have a good number of new dragons since this thread was last updated.   What are some pairings you would really like to see more of?

lol, Cary is such a horrible breeder.