RavenWolf1010

1x2 w/ Pudding & shadow

Loki's confusion did not cease when she began to ramble about things he had no idea about. She really expected him to believe there was no exchange to be made? There had to be something. There always was something. He considered the possibilities as the masked man said something stupid again, distracting the woman somewhat. Did she expect a favor? What could he even do for her? Nothing at this point and probably nothing in the future. Asgard's policies were not forgive and forget, after all. They were remember and hate. He mused over the question a bit longer before turning his head away from her.

i wOuLd not deNy your aID, yet I fEel it to be fUTle. he replied finally. Asgard would come and where would the headings lead him then? Nowhere. He'd suffer all over again, right from the top.

((Yeah, I can.))

Why is that? Jean questioned. Are you saying that this would just happen again, if they found you? Wasn't Asgard supposed to be righteous? Yet they beat and tortured their prisoners? Even on Earth, they didn't do that. Her thoughts momentarily turned to the testing facility. Not all are good...

"We should probably get a move on with healing you. We can finish 'talking' later." Assuming this works. Wade stepped forward. "Is this going to hurt?"

"I don't think so."

"Ok, let's start then." Jean closed her eyes, probing for Wade's life force. It wasn't hard, considering her was right beside her, unencumbered by thick glass and metal. She then tried to draw up Loki's. Her brow furrowed with frustration, but finally, she found it. Now, she drew energy from Wade, diverting it to Loki. Cuts would have began to heal, and bones, mend. The Phoenix Forces's own energy now surrounded her as it was called upon to assist.

Loki fell silent as he began to think. A plan started to formulate in his mind but he pushed it back down with a slight shake of his head. No. He'd wait until after the Midgardian attempted her healing. If it worked, he might allow himself to formulate an escape plan. But getting his hopes up now when he could barely move was not a wise thing.

He suddenly jolted upright as a fiery sensation flared up in his chest and began to spread its way out to his limbs. His entire body tensed up as a horribly itching feeling covered his skin. The skin that could be seen through his dirty and torn clothing was twisting about, stitching up cuts and healing gashes. But even though he was being healed, the sensation was not pleasant.

He wheezed as broken bones in his chest fell back into place, no longer putting pressure on his organs. Several bruised bones healed all at once before the foreign energy turned to his broken arm. His limb began to move involuntarily as it jerked in several different directions before falling limp at his side. Tentatively, Loki lifted his broken arm, stretching it out carefully. He could move it once more! His fingers stretched out as he brought them to his head, his mind finally set free to plot and scheme. The muzzle was something he could remove since his hands were not bound but the strings were another story. He could not remove them himself so trying to be rid of them would require the aid of one of the mortals. But they would never do such a thing knowing it was one of the few things keeping him from escaping. He'd need to find a way to-

His thoughts were suddenly cut short as he hunched over in pain, cradling his entire body. Why did it hurt? His muscles ached so much to the point where he could barely hold himself up. It was nothing new but his injuries had been healed. Why did it still hurt? Curling his knees up close to his chest, he forced himself to breathe as any movement at all proved itself to bring pain. What was wrong now?

Wade dropped down, leaning back on his hands. "Don't worry about me...I just need a few..." He dropped back and began to snore again. Jean herself, was feeling rather drained, the whole affair having left her feeling mentally and physically drained. "Did it work?" Opening her eyes, she looked down at Wade to make sure he was still breathing, then moved on to Loki, pressing her hands against the glass. He seemed to still be in pain. She slammed her fist against the table nearby. What was wrong? Had she done something wrong?

Tony was fiddling with his suit, half paying attention to the feed. However, as Jean began to heal Loki, he set down his tools and watched. His brows raised in surprise as a faint outline of a bird appeared behind Jean. "Holy censorkip.gif ." He'd decided to read up more on just what happened in San Francisco. After pulling up some Top Secret footage, he shook his head in amazement. "Ok, note to self, do not piss off the crazy red-head." Loki is manipulative. If he schmoozes her into working for him...we're all royally screwed. He stood up from his desk and headed back downstairs.

((OOh! instead of Ant-man, I'm gonna take Spider-man. Yeah...))

He'd been kicked out of the prison with Loki inside. Somehow unsurprising. Clint had instead relocated himself to the roof, where he sat on the highest place he could find. The others didn't really care for his antics, but he found it calming. To be in the highest place, well, nobody could sneak up on him. It was a notion that put his mind at ease. He had seen his removal from the cell coming as his anger had rose. After all, he held maybe a few (many) grudges against the god. Besides, he wasn't having that great a day. Tash had to leave on a mission, Loki was being helped by the rest of the crew, and he still had issues. By that, of course, he meant PTSD. It was what the shrinks at SHIELD had called it. Whatever it was, it was pegged as the explanation to his restless nights, courtesy of endless night-terrors.

As he thought, a sudden sound forced him to turn his head. Although mostly deaf, the noise registered with him instantly. That meant it was loud. Oh damn, that couldn't be good. New York always had issues. Especially ones involving criminals. Super-criminals, usually. It was a pain.. As he turned his head, another flash, quickly followed by a loud boom toppled several houses. That...that wasn't pretty. God, it actually looked really bad. His eyes widened once he realized where it was. censorkip.gif!JARVIS, tell th' others I gotta go! A place near my apartment complex just blew up! I've gotta go see if everyone's alright!

---

Another day, and he was roaming the city. Of course, not in the normal means. Peter clung to the side of a sky-scraper, his gaze resting on the busy streets below. It was a common pastime of his. Now that he was graduated, there wasn't much more for him to do. As he watched the city below, a tingling sensation in the back of his head came to life. Something was going to happen. And it had to be close, or he wouldn't have felt it. His spider-sense was too late, however. The building he was perched upon rattled as chunks of a low-rent apartment were sent flying by an explosion. That wasn't good. Instantly did Peter drop, casting out a web and swinging himself closer to the wreckage. That didn't just happen. But why would somebody bomb an apartment place?

The ground shook as Thor landed in the woods. In order to avoid possibly injuring anyone in his trip, he had asked Heimdall to drop him off as close to the Man of Iron's tower as he could in an area where no one was. This ended up dropping him off in an within the city, in the middle of a large group of trees. Several had fallen down in his landing but he ignored them in favor of lifting his hammer from the ground. He had been told the place had been called Central Park but the name didn't matter as long as he was near the tower. In order to track down his brother, he'd need the help of his friends. They would surely help him once he told them his brother had somehow managed to escape from prison. It was a dangerous situation to leave him free to run about Midgard. Even without the Tesseract, there was still grave things Loki could do to the people of Earth.

Swinging his hammer over his head, he leapt into the sky, cape billowing behind him. He flew over the trees until the park faded to green beneath him. Tall towers rose up all around, stretching beyond the height of the trees. The ingenuity of humans never ceased to amaze him. Even now, the city was recovering from the attack on it. It didn't look nearly as bad as it had. Now, which direction was Stark's tower? He could contact the others and call them to his aid.

"Sir, I've picked up readings in Central Park. Camera feeds show that it's Thor."

"Awesome," Stark said, stepping through the doors of the elevators into the basement workshop. "We should probably go and greet him. He'll be a little turned around with all the buildings that were rebuilt since last time he was here."

"Shall I send the Mach-5?"

"No!" Jean yelled, pointing to Loki. "They'll just hurt him again!"

"Looks like he's hurtin' right now. What'd you do to him?" Tony walked towards Loki's cell, peering in curiously. "I thought you were trying to heal him?"

"I was. I don't know what happened."

"Well when Big Guy gets here, he could fix him."

"And how do you know that?" Her green eyes burned into Tony, and he backed off. "I don't for sure. But there's nothing more you can do. Why are you so protective over this guy?"

"Why do you support more harm coming to him?"

"Uh, do I have to explain myself again?"

"Don't you think he's served his due?"

"This isn't even your affair. You weren't there. Why are you intervening?" She balled her fists. "Someone showed me mercy, and that was all I needed." The clips. They'd cut off after the cameras had been wiped out, so Stark had been missing pieces of the story. "Yeah, but you were good to begin with. He wasn't. I tried the same thing once, and he threw me out a window." Crossing his arms, he watched Jean, prepared to dodge any fireballs that may be flung his way if needed.

Wade blinked, and sat up. He was starving. Ignoring the fighting pair, he took the elevator up to where he and Stark were originally supposed to meet. "Fridge... Fridge... oh!" Spotting it, he scuttled over and began to raid it, consuming anything edible in sight. Pulling out all he could carry, he set it down on the table behind him, and went to work making a master sandwich. Movement caught his eye, and he looked up to see billowing smoke in the distance, and then Iron Man heading in that direction. "Hey wait! Lemme catch a lift!" Abandoning the sandwich, he launched himself through the open window onto the back of the suit, riding it like a skateboard. It dipped into a dangerous descent, but once it had corrected itself, compensating for Wade's weight, it flew steady once again. "I AM THE SILVER SURFER!" He howled, jumping from the suit once it had grown near enough to the smoke. The suit sailed upwards, and had to again recalibrate for the sudden change. Deadpool landed roughly and rolled to a stop, and that was when he spotted his favorite person. "SPIDEY!" He yelled, running towards the other superhero with his arms stretched wide.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Peter landed gracefully atop an approaching fire truck, his eyes narrowed beneath his mask. This...This had to be on purpose. A crowd of the apartment's inhabitants had gathered outside and had gotten busy to making sure everyone was alright. It seemed there was only one apartment caught in the blast. The teen was about to inspect the scene, when an oh-too-familiar voice hit him. Oh no, not Wade. As expected, the crowd scattered once Deadpool was in the picture. Wincing as the mercenary hugged him, Spider-Man squirmed in his grip.

Uh..Hey. I didn't know you were in town.

Is everyone okay? Oh jeez, what happened? With the help of a grappling arrow, Clint had arrived to the scene of the explosion just as the fires were being put out. The crowd of apartment-dwellers, who recognized the fellow tenant, rushed to greet him.

"Clint, your place..." One muttered. Indeed, it was the archer's home that had been destroyed. At least, partially.

"There was a bomb!"

It wasn't those guys again, was it? The problem with living in a low-rent area was that the buildings' owners were often criminal in fashion. Clint's place was no exception. Although the archer had long since bought the apartments once his neighbors started struggling with the rent, its previous owners held a bit of a grudge.

---

A small, almost minuscule figure hovered in between Jean and Tony, her arms crossed. Wasp frowned at the two, her wings beating furiously as she intervened. Really, guys? Aren't we supposed to be a team? If we're gonna argue, you might as well do it in a civil fashion. Gosh, it seemed like everybody wanted an excuse to be at another's throat! Was she the only sane one around here? Hank hadn't left to research after he got tired of all this, and now she understood why. Loki's hurt. There's not much of a chance of him getting free the way it is. Besides, if we hurt him then....then we're no worse then the people we jail!

Thor? Loki's fingers curled into fists as he continued to hold his aching body. He was so tired but the idea of Thor coming to get him made his blood boil like nothing else. The rest of the conversation went unheard as he tried to consider what would happen when Thor no doubt came barging in. He could not hold is own against Thor on a regular day so why would he be able to now? Even if Thor was a brute, he knew more than anything how to fight. On an even playing field, Thor would always win. And now, he was stuck even more than normal. He couldn't even use his magic.

Thor paused in his attempts to locate Anthony Stark's large tower amongst the rest when a glint of metal appeared in the corner of his vision. He turned his head and watched as a familiar metal suit sped towards him. Ah, had Anthony come to meet him? "Hail, Howardson!" he bellowed in greeting to the rapidly-approaching metal suit. "I come with news and need to speak with all of you desperately."

Since Tony was tied up with yet another superhero, JARVIS took over. "Yes, follow me. I shall lead you to Stark Towers." The suit shot off towards the direction of the tower, which was still being rebuilt somewhat.

Wade was too infatuated with Peter to notice the chaos around him. "Yeah! How come you didn't call me and tell me you were here too?" The puppy-dog like man hung on Peter, finally looking around. "Oh. Right. This. What happened?" He looked around at the people that had scattered. "Was it a Meth lab or something? Where's Walter White?"

"Is this not civilized? We could put on some gloves and just joust it out?" The man leaned back producing a small flask from his back pocket and sipped from it. Jean's eyes refocused on the small woman hovering before her. "That's what I have been trying to tell him And then he wants to go and hand Loki back over to the people who hurt him! It's not ethical." Tony rolled his eyes. "He's their problem though."

"And he's still a human being."

"Uh, not really. Norse god." Jean lurched, but caught herself, exhaling slowly. Wasp was right. They were supposed to be a team. At Jean's sudden movement, Tony struggled back against the table, knocking things off and causing a racket. Jean raised a brow. "I slipped- the, uh, table it slipped."

It wasn't long after talking that a thought struck him. Instantly did he dive into the wreckage of his own apartment, disappearing beneath the thick smoke. Moments later did he return-this time hefting a golden lab. The dog was one-eyed, though it appeared normal other than that. Clearly scared, it wagged its tail-tip once in Clint's arms. The archer muttered soothing words to his dog, clearly relieved that his pet was alright.

What? No, Wade, it's my apartment!

But, why was it only your apartment that was attacked? Peter had resigned to letting the man hold him, though he was clearly not happy. At this question, Clint's gaze flickered downwards in shame.

I, uh...May or may not've earned the wrath of a ...Tracksuit mafia.

---

Jean's eyes only narrowed as Tony staggered and knocked objects from a shelf.You..You're drunk, aren't you Tony? She accused. Oh, oh no. You're not allowed to make important decisions like this unless you're sober! Leave Loki alone until your hangover settles in! She couldn't believe him! Even with the team getting together, he went off and got drunk! The other men of the team may be neurotic, rude, and short-tempered (well, maybe not Steve), but they weren't drunks!

Ah, not Anthony then. It was his mysterious butler who lacked a body. The ghost had always been interesting to Thor, especially since it now seemed to be able to fly a metal suit around on its own. It was impressive, really! He wanted to know more about the strange butler and what other powers he possessed. But for now, there were more pressing issues. He swung his hammer around again before shooting off after the metal suit through the city being rebuilt following their battle. It was a shame he wouldn't be able to stay and help them rebuild but as soon as he discovered where Loki was, he had to return him home. Midgard was no place for an Asgardian prisoner to stay. It was far too dangerous. "Where can I find Howardson?" he asked the butler, deciding seeking him out first was the best idea.

"Yes," JARVIS replied through the suit. "He is expecting you. I will be taking you to him. And he requested that I tell you that his name is not Howardson but rather he is known as Howard's son or Son of Howard."

"Puppy!" Wade abandoned Peter to pet the dog instead. "Who's a good doggie? Wait, did you say mafia?" The man backed up, making a cross with his fingers. "Back off, buddy. I learned not to mess with mobsters the hard way. Hey Spidey, piggy back ride!" Deadpool then jumped on Peter's back, yelling- "Onward my noble steed!"

"I'm not drunk." Mumbled Tony. Ok, maybe he had a little too much to drink, but that wasn't the reason he had faltered. "She was going for my throat."

"I'm ten feet away from you, Tony."

"Yeah, but you can fly." Jean gestured to Wasp. "See? This is what I've been dealing with. I thought he was supposed to be more level headed."

"Well, you know, flying into a portal with a nuclear bomb on your shoulder surrounded by thousands of aliens into what you think is certain death can do that to you. Oh, and night terrors. I can thank Prince over there for that too."

"Are we going to compare sob stories? Because I'm pretty sure I'll win."

"Ok, Raggedy Ann, let's go then!"

The ghost's words surprised Thor and a rather perplexed look overcame his face as he followed the shining suit of metal. "Expecting me?" Thor asked. Surely he had misspoken. How could Tony expect him when he had only just appeared on Midgard and had been on Asgard since he had taken Loki away from Midgard in chains? It did not make any sense. To his knowledge, Odin had not alerted the team to his coming. "Why is that? I have only just arrived."

"Your brother Loki is in The Avenger's possession." If JARVIS had been programmed to actually think, it would've probably have wondered if it should've shared that. "He was found on the roof of Stark Towers about an hour and a half ago. He has been trying to get in contact with you ever since then." The AI wasn't good at carrying on conversations, but it could relay information well.

Loki had already been found? While that was reassuring, it was still shocking to know that he had been found on the roof of the tower. Had he been plotting something against his friends? Why else would he appear back in New York City? Hearing from Odin that Loki had been traced back to Midgard had made him think that Loki had holed himself up somewhere to plot. "We must make haste!" Thor bellowed, picking up speed until he was flying along side the suit instead of behind it. "If my brother has been found, I must return him to Asgard before he harms anyone."

"Ah, well, you might be met with a bit of resistance on that." JARVIS called the elevator while they were still on approach so that by the time they got there it would be ready. They touched down in the roof, and JARVIS made a note in his system to suggest to Tony to make it more welcoming, as it was used more than the grand entrance at ground level. Shuffling in beside the Norse God, the elevator rumbled and began to lower them down.

Clint gently set his dog down, who rushed greet both Wade and Peter. It might've been scared, but it loved the attention of others. The archer rubbed the back of his neck as he tried to think of a good explanation. I dunno. I could ask Fury or the team to take care of 'em, but they're more like a personal pain in the ass, ya know? He muttered in reply. shaking his head, he stooped and lifted his dog up once again. Granted, it was a big dog, so he had to be careful. I've gotta get back to the tower. I'l see ya later, I guess.

A whole mafia? That's what Clint was taking on? By himself? For a guy who had nothing but a bow, Peter was both impressed and horrified. Before he could comment, however, he was tackled by Wade. The teen staggered forward, but held fast with this new weight. Luckily for Wade, Peter was much stronger than he looked.

---

Wasp merely shook her head. They were both being childish. Flitting in through the air holes in the cell, it was easy for her to join Loki. Quickly did she dart about him, inspecting his wounds. Are you okay? Don't listen to Stark, we aren't going to give you up to Asgard to have you hurt like this again. It was barbaric to let something like this happen! There was a reason Norse practices died off, and surely this was why!

After about ten minutes (The walk to Stark's place wasn't actually all that long), Clint arrived in the main holding cell with his dog in his arms. Yo. Having his home blown up wasn't all that surprising to him. He nearly expected it. So...What'd I miss? Oh, and it turned out it was my place that got bombed. Piece of trash anyways...

"Resistance?" Thor asked, unable to fathom such a thing. What was the ghost butler talking about? He couldn't see any reason why he would be met with resistance for bringing his brother home. Did they want to keep him on Midgard? Surely they could see as well as he why that was a bad idea.

The elevator rumbled before grinding to a halt. The doors opened to reveal a woman Thor had never seen before, Tony Stark and a familiar looking cage. Laying in the bottom of the cage, curled in a tight ball, was his brother.

"Loki!" Thor called out, not noticing the dark-haired god visibly flinch at his words. Here. Thor was here. His mind scrambled as his heart began to beat rapidly in his chest, wanting nothing more than to flee. He couldn't attack Thor, not in his state. He just wanted to get away. His fingers drifted to the muzzle covering his mouth and he began to dig his fingers at his skin, trying to worm them beneath the heavy metal in a desperate attempt to remove it.

"Oh look, party's here." Remarked Toby, unsurprised by the Asgsrdian's presence, nor the Archer's. Shaking of his argument with Jean, he sat back and observed her. "Have 7 on standby." He murmured into his ear piece. Jean marched up to Thor. He had height and weight on her, but she had tenacity and wit. "You must be Thor. I am Jean Grey." Her greeting was polite, but not friendly. "I expect you're here to take Loki back to Asgard." Spotting Loki's frantic actions, she tried to lead Thor away from the cell, hoping her talk would be enough. "I'm afraid we can't allow you to take him with you. He came to us nearly dead." She overheard Wasp's reassurance, and tilted her chin upwards slightly. "What prison, especially one that's supposed to be of great righteousness, abuses their prisoners in such ways?! It's wrong, No matter how evil they might be!"

Were those flames he saw leap up from her skin? Ok, time to break the tension. "Well, hot stuff, he is Thor's brother."

"And that makes it any better?" Oops. "Shouldn't he decide what happens to Loki?"

"What about Loki?" She demanded. "He made his bed, now he's lying in it." Jean's glare silenced him, and he pulled the flask out and took another swig.

Edited by RavenWolf1010

Thor had to admit, he was a bit surprised by the female marching up to him. Her words had a familiar bite in them and, as a whole, she seemed to remind him of Lady Sif. But those thoughts were cut short when her words reached Thor's ears. "Wait," he said, holding up a hand to stop both Jean and Tony as they began to bicker about if he should be allowed to take Loki back to Asgard. Sweeping past Jean with little intention of being stopped, he approached the glass cage and examined the crouching god within. Sharp, green eyes glared back at him as Thor focused on Loki's hands. They were still trying to remove a very familiar muzzle wrapped around Loki's face and, if he didn't know any better, Loki looked afraid. Afraid of him. "This is no work of Asgard," Thor declared as he straightened his back and turned away from Loki, instead approaching Tony. "I require tools. Something capable of cutting metal. Do you have anything?"

What Tony didn't realize was there was a mistake in revealing a flask in Clint presence. His deep blue gaze flashed and his grip tightened on his dog. That brought back bad memories. Memories of Harold and Barney Barton. He'd seen Tony's mannerisms too many times before. He'd seen it in his father, he'd seen it in his brother, and now it was seen in Tony. Nose wrinkling as his anger rose, he set his dog down to pick up the bow from his shoulder. You've got a choice here, Stark. Drop th' flask or I'll make ya. His originally warm tone quickly turned hostile. Yer drunk. We don' need a drunk to make potentially world-changing choices.

Brown eyes drifting to the muzzle, Wasp frowned. Hold still. I don't want to zap you. Yellow energy soon grew in her tiny hands, engulfing her hands and spreading up to her elbows. Once she released the energy, she was pleased to see the muzzle weaken and snap on the left side. Quickly did she move to the right side and repeat the process. Thor, there's no way he's going to let you near him. He's...afraid. Janet moved to hover before the injured god, her gaze worried. See if you can take it off.

Tony wasn't stupid, even in his buzzed state. He dropped the flask and spread his hands. "Always knew you were serious but jeeze... Just trying to ease my own tensions. I got two celestial beings, along with three... other people, running around my place." Ignoring him, Jean pressed on. "This isn't? Who did it then? He doesn't seem like much of a threat right now to anyone other than the Asgardians, who knew who he was." The woman asked gruffly. She could feel herself beginning to tread into unknown waters. Her gut though, still said to make sure Loki wasn't going to be leaving with Thor. As the god mentioned something about removing the mask, she watched as Wasp fiddled with it. "If that doesn't work, I'll try. Don't you carry a key with you?" She wanted to make sure that Tony wasn't drawn back in. They didn't need his tools; Jean was more than capable of taking care of it. Yet whatever Wasp had done, it seemed to have worked. Exhaling slowly, she drew back into her thoughts. "So now Loki's going to hopefully talk." Expectantly she turned towards him. Please tell me I didn't throw myself to the wolves.

"Wee! Hey we should grab a beer. How's that sound? Can we? Can we?" Wade pulled out his phone and pulled up the camera. "Wait, we need to take a selfie- is that right? First." He posed and then snapped a picture. "Oh man, this is going on Instagram! Is there a certain account you want it tagged to? Maybe a fan account? Or your Peter Parker one? Oh wait not that one. Unless that one's a fake account too. You know, there are a lot of bogus Deadpools out there? I don't know whether to be flattered or annoyed. But they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. What hastags should I use? 'Besties for life'? Or 'thecrew'? Maybe none? Oh! Filters!"

Edited by RavenWolf1010

"I have no key," Thor explained, holding his hands up to submit before Jean. While he did not enjoy the fact Loki still had that muzzle on, he wasn't sure why she was making such a fuss about his condition. He didn't seem too injured from what he could see. "I have not seen Loki since we arrived back at Asgard together," he tried to explain before the sound of metal striking metal reached his ears. He turned to look at the glass prison as the two halves of the muzzle rolled slightly at Loki's knees, haven fallen from his face as Wasp managed to cut through it on both sides. Quickly, Loki's hands were covering his mouth as he stumbled away from Wasp. Seeking refuge, he dropped down on the ground as far away as he could from the group on the other side of the glass.

"Loki?" Thor asked, turning away from Jean so his attention was on the prison again. Why was he reacting so strangely? It wasn't normal behavior for his brother in the slightest. Why wasn't he speaking? His hand tightened on his hammer as he turned to face Tony. "Open this door for me or I will open it myself."