angelicdragonpuppy

Make Electric Dragons breed Black Stripes

It's an interesting idea of having a dragon specie who can breed to more than one colouring of stripes, but ofcourse I understand it might be a little confusing and/or fustrating to breeders trying to create a true lineage.

Other than that I do support them breeding black instead. It visually makes more sense, even if they are navy blue at their core laugh.gif

We already have dragons that will breed more than one color of stripe offspring. Look at Winter Magi.

I see electric as navy blue. It would spice things up if they bred white, blue, and black.

We already have dragons that will breed more than one color of stripe offspring. Look at Winter Magi.

I thought that turned out to have been a glitch ?

I doubt TJ would leave something like this for about 4 months after a release. And I have both a green and a red stripe from around that time.

Thanks. I was considering a lineage but with the wait for more WMs coupled with maybe getting the"wrong" colour, I have gone RIGHT off it. The one I have with nebbies is quite bad enough !

I support this! Electric Dragons have a special place in my heart, being the first breed I ever got when I first started DC.

Support only if it would be a possible addition to white stripes that can still be bred from electric x stripe. The reason behind that is because of all the white stripes not only in thuwed breeding, but in lineage projects as well.

Here's an alternate image of the electric dragon, made by EG, that more clearly shows that they're blue, not black.

electric_thumb.png

Electrics are blue for sure.

I like the idea that they bred blue stripes.

Or will there be a deeper blue Stripe in the future? *dreams*

Striped breeding is decided by me. And electric dragons aren't black, and they're not really bright blue enough to be blue, so I left them at the default.

^^^This.

I would love for them to breed black stripes, but as they aren't black, I'm not seeing much point. I don't really like the look of them with blue stripes, so I nominate that they stay default.

They may not be black but are closer to black stripes then either white or blue. IMO, black looks best.

I'd just like to point out that even the Thuwed family has a Black Striped/Electric pair: http://dragcave.net/progeny/cH9M - because obviously, the black variety looks best with them.

I don't know if that was pointed at me. I rarely look at the Thuwed page and didn't even know they were paired. So that didn't have any weight on my opinion.

That was pointed at whoever is interested in reading this suggestion. I only learned about this couple a few days ago, myself smile.gif

I'd just like to point out that even the Thuwed family has a Black Striped/Electric pair: http://dragcave.net/progeny/cH9M - because obviously, the black variety looks best with them.

I don't think this is a good basis for an argument for this thread for a couple of reasons. =p

-Building lineages based on look is different than what makes sense to breed - why would a blue gene create a black gene if the dominant choice is white? /odd genetic 'explanation'

-Being on the thuwed page doesn't mean it's what looks best, just what TJ likes ;3

-But I'm guessing you took all that into consideration already, lol

But anyway, after seeing the image with blue - wow. I actually think that's really pretty.

But I'm still down for a chance of a variety of stripes for them. xP

I don't think this is a good basis for an argument for this thread for a couple of reasons. =p
I've never claimed it would be. I just pointed out an example pairing that happened to be a famous one.

-Being on the thuwed page doesn't mean it's what looks best, just what TJ likes ;3

Well, in this case, TJ's taste matches mine. smile.gif

-Building lineages based on look is different than what makes sense to breed - why would a blue gene create a black gene if the dominant choice is white? /odd genetic 'explanation'

You're really talking about genes in a game where creation of new dragons has nothing to do with actual genetics? Funny, that laugh.gif Ahem, don't mind me. I need more tea, my mind is fuzzy today - I can't even explain why this is amusing me so much.

But I'm still down for a chance of a variety of stripes for them. xP

Oh yeah, that would actually make the most sense - especially when you're argueing using genetics xd.png

-But I'm guessing you took all that into consideration already, lol

Of course, it was just a random thing that popped into my mind when seeing this thread. I recalled that when I looked at that pair less than a week ago, I was rather confused about all the White Stripeds in the offspring listing. Thing is, what a computer program thinks is the average color of a sprite is obviously not the same as what the human eye thinks is the average color.

(There was an incident in kindergarten (yes, the actual German thing where kids below 6 years go to) when an officer from the NVA (the Eastern German version of an army) was presenting himself in front of the group and tried to explain why his choice of career would be a good thing. However, he somehow got drawn into a discussion with one of the boys regarding the color of his uniform, which he insisted was dark blue, but the boy only saw black. In the end, the whole group just discussed the color and completely ignored what that officer actually had visited us for laugh.gif Human perception is a fun thing at times.)

Well I came out this question after seeing explanation made by TJ.

If electric dragons are for sure in blue, then why don't produce blue stripes?

Well I came out this question after seeing explanation made by TJ.

If electric dragons are for sure in blue, then why don't produce blue stripes?

And electric dragons aren't black, and they're not really bright blue enough to be blue, so I left them at the default.

;3