angelicdragonpuppy

Make Electric Dragons breed Black Stripes

Right now, Electric dragons breed White Stripes instead of Black Stripes. Can this be changed, or can Black Stripes just be added as a possibility? I think the images speak for themselves as to why this makes sense O___o

user posted imageuser posted image = user posted image

VS

user posted imageuser posted image = user posted image

Right now, Electric dragons breed White Stripes instead of Black Stripes. Can this be changed, or can Black Stripes just be added as a possibility? I think the images speak for themselves as to why this makes sense O___o

I do agree with this.

Given that they've been breeding the white stripes for awhile, the trading market and breeding projects may fare better if black was merely added as a possibility in addition to the white. Either way, though, black is more logical in my mind...

Shouldn't they breed blue not white? Electric dragons are blue not white nor black. I wasn't even aware they bred white xd.png

They are a dark Navy, it looks like to me, so depending on the screen they can go either way.

Myself, I'd say let em breed all three colors. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

I make them black, too. With dark grey highlights.

They are a dark Navy, it looks like to me, so depending on the screen they can go either way.

Myself, I'd say let em breed all three colors. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Lol sure why not! Pretty sure they are a dark blue though. They have always looked navy to me smile.gif

I have always thought of them as a dark blue, too. I do think they would look better with black Stripes than with blue, though. I have never bred any of mine with Stripes so I didn't realize they make white. I am totally neutral on this suggestion, I guess.

...I always thought they were black. Looking closer now, I think it's black and blue.

In any case, I agree that they should not be producing white Stripes. The blue Stripes are too bright to match well with the Electric coloring, so I support a move to producing black Stripes.

There was a topic quite a while back discussing stripe pairings. IIRC it's done by the colors being added up and averaged (basically) and the majority color is the color of stripe produced. ??? I think electrics probably breed white stripes due to all that yellow. Some of the highlights appear to be whiter in color as well.

I'm not sure if TJ changes stripe babies manually or just lets the colors sort themselves out, but I don't mind them either way. Although the darker color catches our eye more because white and yellow aren't the same, I think both lines look nice. =p

Although I really like the idea of some breeds having the possibility to create multiple stripes, if that could be worked out...

They are indeed a dark blue, but the color is closer to black than the blue of the blue stripes so I think it'd be most logical for them to produce black stripes. I support this.

I also support this. I can see the blue in the electrics, so I wouldn't mind them being blue either.

Electrics are definitely are blue. You know it is like the blue shoes in footwear store they all have a sign that tell you all this shoes are blue! And they are seperated from the black ones. wink.gif

So you have my support but:

They should either bred black Stripes or more preferable for me blue Stripes.

What so you think of them bred most of the time blue and sometimes black? cool.gif

There was a topic quite a while back discussing stripe pairings. IIRC it's done by the colors being added up and averaged (basically) and the majority color is the color of stripe produced. ??? I think electrics probably breed white stripes due to all that yellow. Some of the highlights appear to be whiter in color as well.

I'm not sure if TJ changes stripe babies manually or just lets the colors sort themselves out, but I don't mind them either way. Although the darker color catches our eye more because white and yellow aren't the same, I think both lines look nice. =p

Although I really like the idea of some breeds having the possibility to create multiple stripes, if that could be worked out...

That's actually for rainbow sort. There's an algorithm that decides what color something is.

Striped breeding is decided by me. And electric dragons aren't black, and they're not really bright blue enough to be blue, so I left them at the default.

That's actually for rainbow sort. There's an algorithm that decides what color something is.

Striped breeding is decided by me. And electric dragons aren't black, and they're not really bright blue enough to be blue, so I left them at the default.

Fair enough reasoning, but I would suggest that of those options, the black fits better than the default or the blue, visually speaking. Still if you prefer to leave it default it's up to you but FWIW I still support the suggestion to change it.

I would like the possible outcome of blue and black. Just because the parents aren't bright blue or black, doesn't mean they can't have a different colored child. I think of it as dog breeding. You can have a black and white dog pair, and have some puppies with brown spots. I can see the Electrics having the darker colored Black stripe, and the brighter colored Blue stripe. Just chock it up to genes. Sometimes they go wild! Maybe the White Stripe parent contributed some whitening genes that results of the bright blue stripe offspring?

Edited by xeyla

Maybe Electrics are such a dark blue because they carry a melanistic gene that could result in the rare, oddball black stripe.

It's so nice to get verification that they aren't black. People have continually told me they were black for years. I'm not crazy after all. Who knew?

Edited by Sir Barton

I would love to get black stripes from electrics, I was planning a Stripe X Electric Lineage up till I found out they breed whites not blacks

I can see everyone's point - though for me they are and will remain black - but making a change like this would be very hard on anyone who has already started a lineage..

I can see everyone's point - though for me they are and will remain black - but making a change like this would be very hard on anyone who has already started a lineage..

If blacks and blues were made a bit rarer than whites (like dorsals and ridgewings maybe?) this would make it possible for people to continue lineages with relative ease, and enable those who believe they are blue/black make their own lineages too.

It's an interesting idea of having a dragon specie who can breed to more than one colouring of stripes, but ofcourse I understand it might be a little confusing and/or fustrating to breeders trying to create a true lineage.

Other than that I do support them breeding black instead. It visually makes more sense, even if they are navy blue at their core laugh.gif

Their palette is a dark blue/navy.

user posted image

Well, it is navy, no kidding. But a very desaturated one. Closer to grey than to blue IMHO. Which is why I wouldn't like to see electrics breed blue stripes.

That aside, grey dragons are quite a bit lighter in ( main body) color than electrics...