TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Silver Shimmers are my favorite, too. smile.gif

Ultimately, though... Winning a prize versus not winning one? I'd accept whichever one it is. tongue.gif

Oh yah, definitely! And don't get me wrong, as much as I love those ones in particular (make me think of Haku, one of my favorite dragons xd.png), they are all gorgeous. Well, except Gold Shimmers to me (just not a huge fan of their gold color), which is ironic as they are probably the god tier of the already god tier prizes! xd.png

Still, ability to swap between winners would be cool all the same. ^^

I had a dream that the Thuwed list was open and as I tried to hurry and fill out the form it got longer and longer. THEN at the end it wanted my payment info --- and then gave the choice to buy shimmers and tinsels. blink.gif

I'd buy all the gold Shimmers and Tinsels for myself hehe.

I just calculated our chances and there still isn't even 1% chance of winning this raffle. tongue.gif

100,000+ users and 600 eggs.

PS. That's why I never expect anything. That way you won't be disappointed, and if you win it's going to be a nice surprise instead. xd.png

Edited by Beldarius

I just calculated our chances and there still isn't even 1% chance of winning this raffle. tongue.gif

200,000+ users and 600 eggs.

PS. That's why I never expect anything. That way you won't be disappointed, and if you win it's going to be a nice surprise instead. xd.png

Where do those member numbers come from? Last I heard it was just "over 10,000" active users O___o

Also in regards to HM Prizes, I do hope TJ has other plans for them, as otherwise cool random CB Hybrids and new Holly blood will be missed. Fingers crossed something's in the works...!

That's too bad. Well hopefully the store thing will work so then people can still get the hm stuff.

What store? Buying Dragons? Anybody ever mentioned this?

Getting an email today would be an excellent birthday present. God luck to everyone, and preemptive congrats to the winners

Piece of advice to people; hide your scrolls now. If you don't win you can unhide them. If you do no one will know if you've won or not and you won't get flooded with PMs.

There is really no need to hide your scroll, since the prize eggs won't be given to winners before some days, maybe even weeks, after the announce

At least, this happened last years.

Thank you for the news TJ!

So many Prize places this time around, it's crazy! Definitely makes me very happy! biggrin.gif (and I know people've been fighting for an increase for years now) *Crosses fingers and wishes hard to be among the winners*

Don't really understand why runner-ups/HMs were done away with. Took too much time sorting though maybe? CB hybrids were a neat little thing on DC, and hey, HM place is how I got my holly too, so, I'm saddened to see it removed. (also, no chances on a cb avatar of destruction noooo) Maybe it can be implemented in a different way somehow sometime down the line *looks over at the store idea thread* laugh.gif

I'm really excited about all of this xd.png I know my chances are slim (I generally don't win anything, ever), but there's still hope, right?

I agree that it's a bit sad we won't be able to get HMs this year, but I'd prefer a CB prize to a HM, so if TJ decided to replace the HMs with more Prizes, I'm all for it laugh.gif

I also really approve of the Prizes not being tradable. It's always frustrating to us who are not able to catch a ton of CB Golds and make a couple of NDs to add to that, to see people trading their Prizes away.

If they don't want their Prize, they should just decline it, right? Same goes for abandoning the egg...

And while I'd love to get a Silver or Gold Shimmer, I'd be satisfied enouhj to get any Prize at all, no need to trade it.

Crossing my fingers for all of you (and for myself as well)

IF I win... I would want it to be a Shimmer. :3 I love the shimmers... if you can;t tell that from my scroll xd.png

I am glad, I think that there are more winners, though I do sort of wonder about the lack of HM.

WELL, no matter. There are going to be 600 very happy people soon. laugh.gif

*In Effie Trinket's Voice*-"May the odds be EVER in Your Favor"

Where do those member numbers come from? Last I heard it was just "over 10,000" active users O___o

Also in regards to HM Prizes, I do hope TJ has other plans for them, as otherwise cool random CB Hybrids and new Holly blood will be missed. Fingers crossed something's in the works...!

These forums alone have 65,000 members. That number doesn't include players without forum accounts and we don't know how many there are.

...10,000 players and 600 eggs still gives only 6% chance of winning. xd.png So it's pretty pointless to expect anything, until it actually happens.

Drawing

As of now, raffle winners have been drawn. They have not yet been contacted. (Make sure your site e-mail is up-to-date and working!) This post will be updated when they have been.

A set of backup winners has also already been drawn. If winners do not respond or I am unable to get in contact with them, new winners will be drawn from the backup pool.

Winners

Unlike in past years, there is no Honorable Mention tier this year. Instead, the proposed structure is 600 winners:

300 Western Dragon Winners:

• 50 First Prize
  • 100 Second Prize
  • 150 Third Prize
300 Eastern Dragon Winners:
  • 50 First Prize
  • 100 Second Prize
  • 150 Third Prize
Instead of being offered the ability to downgrade to HM, winners will only have to accept or not accept their prize.

Trading

Prize eggs given out from this year's raffle will not be tradable. They will be abandonable. As in the past, they will also be protected from sickness.

The above rules are subject to change, up until the point that winners are contacted.

My only concern is, for example, last year I won but found no email (I swear that after I checked through the link I checked for over an hour through all of my received emails, even my junk mail for it). How else will we be able to check if we won if some people have issues receiving the emails?

My only concern is, for example, last year I won but found no email (I swear that after I checked through the link I checked for over an hour through all of my received emails, even my junk mail for it). How else will we be able to check if we won if some people have issues receiving the emails?

Presumably TJ will add a direct link for people to check, as he's done before, once the emails are sent.

These forums alone have 65,000 members. That number doesn't include players without forum accounts and we don't know how many there are.

...10,000 players and 600 eggs still gives only 6% chance of winning. xd.png So it's pretty pointless to expect anything, until it actually happens.

Probably a large-ish percentage of forum accounts are people who signed up, played for a few days/weeks/months and never came back.

And six percent is actually a pretty good chance, especially for people who got all their tickets to give them an edge over occasional players, though you're right it's pointless to expect anything it's still worth hoping.

Awww I never win those -checked mail and spam- Play ea year and no win so far -sad-

Congrats to all those that won tho! thumbs_up.png

Send yourself an email from your email in Accounts and see if it works.

Thanks for the update TJ.

...Well, last year's raffle post mentions this:

If the e-mail bounces (is not delivered successfully), that winner's place will be redrawn (and their account will be placed in e-mail validation).

A ton of forum accounts are either dead, spam, or projects though. So I'm really really hoping the number is lower... (even though it's probably still higher than 10,000 between here and the off forum crowd, as you say xd.png)

@AnanoKami: presumably there'll be an in-cave way to check, like last time. Although, do you remember seeing a notification, or did you just have to check the link?

Count me among those who are going to miss the HM prizes, specifically the CB hybrids. Not because I think I could win one, but I do love having them in lineages...

Still, if it means more shimmer and tinsel dragons in circulation, that will probably make more people happy.

Edited by miaou