TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I sent out one PM congratulating a winner, thats all I've sent out so far.

I sent out several, just congratulating, to some of the winners. I must confess that I did ask for a couple horseshoes, though xd.png

I won a Bronze Shimmer. biggrin.gifwub.gif I was just taking a few hours to squee before announcing.

For details see my sig.

Congratulations! Hmmm I can sense a House of Stark breeding biggrin.gif

I won a Bronze Shimmer. biggrin.gifwub.gif I was just taking a few hours to squee before announcing.

For details see my sig.

Good for you. Not gonna beg for an offspring so much as a pairing. Pleaseeee breed it with a Desipis dragon smile.gif

Can I just say a big THANK YOU to the general DC community for being so much more positive about the whole thing than previous years? So far I've seen only a few people with all-negative posts, and the positivity is great for once biggrin.gif

Naturally things can still change in the coming days as more people find out the winners have been contacted, but so far so good, maybe we can keep it up xd.png

Lol, people are apt to feel better with 600 Prizes being handed out than with 30 or some relatively similar figure - means that over time the chance of lower-gens and Prize-kin they can access increases for them, so they feel less hopeless of any improvements.

People among the winning 600 feel less isolated than those in a group of 30 among however many thousand non-winners.

The whole psychological feel is tilted more toward one of *us* as a group, where some happened to have had a random miracle they have a little more hope of occurring to them someday, if similar numbers are maintained, rather than the 'us against them' feeling which some seemed to feel prior.

Many thanks to TJ for this!

People are going to be sad about not winning, especially if they really had their hopes up, but a lot of us had at least some vague idea of the odds and had no expectations, (although that little smidge of dreaming hope always does creep in there, lol,) and they're entitled to express that.

But if people who get upset by seeing anyone express disappointment - or think they see it even in light-hearted joking - remains polite, we have no problems. smile.gif

I haven't gotten much in the way of PMs other than some congratulations and a couple 2nd gen swap offers. I think my signature is helping with that, though, so I can't really comment on whether or not that is normal for this year. I put my signature up before I announced that I had won anything. The first thing I did (well after intense disbelief, pinching myself, picking a code, reserving a name, and picking out some potential mates...) was make my waiting list for both 2nd and 3rd gens, filling them up with people I know deserve them and a couple slots for raffling off eggs. xd.png

For details see my sig.

Congrats!! I hope you get the code, that's a pretty cool choice. smile.gif

For details see my sig.

Congratulations - I am really looking forward to lineages from those, "Sansa" is awesome as a code! (Until next raffle there have to be 6-digit codes, I would love to get "Tyrion". biggrin.gif)

I really want a 2nd-gen Prize ;-;

I'm a bit ashamed, but I couldn't restrain myself from PM-ing two prizewinners with offers. The most recent hasn't responded, and the first rejected me because I couldn't give them Spriter's alts. huh.gif

A rule of thumb I go by when PMing winners is if you don't see anything in their sig or profile, go ahead and poiltely ask. I've always done this and the worst that's happened to me is I either get no response or a polite declining, and sometimes I end up making a deal. So you don't know until you try!

Edited by KaelaBoo24

I really want a 2nd-gen Prize ;-;

I'm a bit ashamed, but I couldn't restrain myself from PM-ing two prizewinners with offers. The most recent hasn't responded, and the first rejected me because I couldn't give them Spriter's alts. huh.gif

I can't blame you! But I'm probably going to wait till June or July to make any offers. That way they can adjust to the fame.

I am going to give my Shimmer one holiday mate and one normal mate to begin with.

shadowfighter I love the idea of Shimmer and Desipis. smile.gif

I think the other mate will be a Golden Wyvern.

You know... I realized this morning why a 'mass release' button for releasing dragons would be a VERY bad idea.

Let us just say that it would make it very easy for a person to do something in the heat of the moment that they would intensely regret later.

That way they can adjust to the fame.

With 600 people winning this year I bet it'll be way less scary.

I can't blame you! But I'm probably going to wait till June or July to make any offers. That way they can adjust to the fame.

Agreed. I always feel horrible messaging people who haven't put anything in their sig or profile yet, so I just usually don't do it. It's stressful enough just deciding what you want to do without getting flooded with PMs. Of course, that usually means I end up missing out, but I guess such is the price of courtesy.

Edited by Riannon

I am going to give my Shimmer one holiday mate and one normal mate to begin with.

Cireth you won! Im so happy for you smile.gif Congrats!

Cool, I'm glad you like it. As soon as I had adult Desipis I thought "OMG bronze shimmer would look boss with this!" smile.gif

Agreed. I always feel horrible messaging people who haven't put anything in their sig or profile yet, so I just usually don't do it. It's stressful enough just deciding what you want to do without getting flooded with PMs. Of course, that usually means I end up missing out, but I guess such is the price of courtesy.

Ahh, the price of manners and waiting. xd.png

Dang, looks like I didn't win this time either.

Congrats to the winners. *clings to vague breeding ideas in case I'm pulled in a redraw*

I can't wait to see the new codes.

I hope nobody picks music again. I'm still upset over my stupid capitalization.

If I was to ever win again, I would probably pick something food related. I love food.

Just think of all the possibilities:

donut

pizza

steak

foood

omnom

toast

bread

sushi

chips

fries

salad

mango

peach

salsa

Or or or, what if somebody chose the code movie? Movie and Music. Wouldn't that be grand. <3

Edited by Kojayo55

I may not have a 2nd gen silver shimmer x Mistletoe, but I do have a 2nd gen Silver x Mistletoe. Which gendered correctly!

If I was to ever win again, I would probably pick something food related. I love food.

donut

pizza

steak

pizza

Or or or, what if somebody chose the code movie? Movie and Music. Wouldn't that be grand. <3

If I had won I'd want the code to be either Geeks or Greek. xd.png

donut

pizza

steak

pizza

That's cool...but what about pizza? You totally forgot pizza! xd.png

To those who didn't win, good luck in the redraws. smile.gif

I am trying not to get my hopes up again, Cireth.... I Was the one I was referring to in my vague post about doing something regrettable.

I was seriously considering releasing my dragons this morning... as in, every last one.

I don't want to feel that, again.

I didn't do it, obviously, and now I can sincerely congratulate those that did win.

I just don' want to set myself up for something like that again.

Edited by Silverswift

I am trying not to get my hopes up again, Cireth.... I Was the one I was referring to in my vague post about doing something regrettable.

I was seriously considering releasing my dragons this morning... as in, every last one.

I don't want to feel that, again.

I didn't do it, obviously, and now I can sincerely congratulate those that did win.

I just don' want to set myself up for something like that again.

sad.gif

Glad you feel better now.