TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

The key to enjoying them is to forget about the raffle entirely. xd.png Just enjoy the events as they come, and if some day you happen to win it's just a lovely surprise. smile.gif

I really like this piece of advice smile.gif

Again, congrats to all the winners!

Remember everyone: There will be a redraw in two weeks. From what I've seen the past there's always a number of people who don't confirm their entries. With such a large number of winners I would not be surprised to see an increase of redrawn raffle winners.

In the meantime, if you do chose to PM a winner or two please be kind. Be polite. They're no doubt getting a swarm of PMs in regards to their future babies and could use all the kindness they can get!

Thank you, AnanoKimi, I'm going to need that! The PM's have started already, and I've never won any of the raffles before, not to mention I do nearly zero trading as it is, so I've very little real idea of what to do, yet.

And, NightEagle, it was a pretty silver tinsel that showed up when I clicked the link wink.gif

Feel free to PM me if you need any help, advice, or someone to talk/vent to. Also if you'd like to do any 2nd gen swaps or would like one of Myst's babies let me know as well. I do my best to breed and gift as best as I can so yeah :3

They are tinsel and shimmer dragons - same as before. There aren't any new breeds to see...

Wait, really?

They are the same breeds as before? A lot of posts gave me the impression that there were new prize dragons. ._.

Well I feel lied to, by myself pff....

Well look at that, I'm a 3rd place winner! I'm 6.5 years into DC without a win before this, but still I'm surprised I won. I think I only had like... three raffle tickets this year? I'd honestly kind of given up on ever winning.

I don't plan on making any early trade plans- I'll start trading after my prize has arrived and grown up. So any PMs asking for 2G hatchies won't get you far.

Edited by zoreta

Well look at that, I'm a 3rd place winner! I'm 6.5 years into DC without a win before this, but still I'm surprised I won. I think I only had like... three raffle tickets this year? I'd honestly kind of given up on ever winning.

Wow thats luck! Congrats! smile.gif

Congrats! I think I've given up over here too >_>

Wait, really?

They are the same breeds as before? A lot of posts gave me the impression that there were new prize dragons. ._.

Same breed but 1 Gen smile.gif

Now thats luck~! Me with 10-11 entries didnt win xd.png dang. Again theres always redraws so I'll be checking that winner link again in two weeks~

Wait, really?

There are new CB being release, but of the same breeds. Some people have switched to calling them Eastern and Westerns though as that is their official names (according to the encyclopedia) so that may be the confusion happy.gif

Wait, really?

Is it because people say "Eastern" or "Western"? Or is it the "1st" "2nd" and "3rd" place that confuses you? Eastern and Western is just to describe what type of dragon you won, Tinsels are westerns and shimmers are easterns. Western dragons are like Horses, Heartseekers, Golds, etc. Easterns are like Silvers (there's more but I forgot which ones, there's only a few xd.png). Basically the main difference is that Easterns don't have wings, unlike Westerns. It's kinda like "nationality". Wyverns, pygmies, etc.

1st place would reference to gold, 2nd silver, 3rd bronze. So if someone said 2nd place Eastern then they've won a Silver Shimmerscale. If they said 2nd place Western then they won a Silver Tinsel.

smile.gif

I hope there are some kind people who drop their 'kins to the AP. *.* Don't ask me to explain my obsession fascination with them, it's a hoard so it's not supposed to make sense. xd.png

I have different sections on my scroll: lineages projects, Prize-kins, rest of the dragons sorted by breed. I do understand and share your fascination laugh.gif

I shouldn't be checking the email since the redraw shouldn't be happening any time soon (I'll take at least two weeks, right?), but I can't help it.

Not sure what I'd have to do to get a 2G bronze tinsel from a royal blue like I list in my sig.. Would need that and a tinselkin and one more 2G bronze to make another 3rd gen.. then I'd need ANOTHER 3rd gen to make my upcoming 4th gen 5th gen...

..I have my work cut out for me. ninja.gif

By the way....

A WARNING TO EVERYONE (Yes, non-prize winners too)

The week that the prizes are sent out, everyone and their mother is going to be clicking every single prize egg in hatcheries. Every. Single. One.

Hundreds of times.

Prize winners' CBs will be safe from sickness... NO OTHER EGGS WILL. This ALSO includes the non-CB prizes of winners, so for the sake of shiny little eggs, please keep your babies safe. They WILL get viewbombed that week, and probably the week after too. So be very careful when adding eggs to hatcheries.

People will be hunting down the codes of the CB eggs, trying to compile lists of the winners.

Let's keep the fatalities low, people!

Good point zaverxi! thumbs_up.png

Haven't thought about how it'll be affecting all of us - even non-winners - since all Prize eggs will be clicked. I'll definitely be careful.

Edited by Ashtoret

By the way....

The week that the prizes are sent out, everyone and their mother is going to be clicking every single prize egg in hatcheries. Every. Single. One.

Hundreds of times.

Prize winners' CBs will be safe from sickness... NO OTHER EGGS WILL. This ALSO includes the non-CB prizes of winners, so for the sake of shiny little eggs, please keep your babies safe. They WILL get viewbombed that week, and probably the week after too. So be very careful when adding eggs to hatcheries.

People will be hunting down the codes of the CB eggs, trying to compile lists of the winners.

Oooo, that's a good point. I will just not breed any for a while.

By the way....

Hundreds of times.

What I usually do during times like this is stick to the 6 hour rule: Wait until it has no more than 6 hours until it can hatch to add it anywhere, and then only to one site. You still have to watch your scroll like a hawk (literally every 5-15 minutes, minimum, just to be safe), but it will minimize the risk of death by sickness.