TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

The key to enjoying them is to forget about the raffle entirely. xd.png Just enjoy the events as they come, and if some day you happen to win it's just a lovely surprise. smile.gif

I can try, though it's been like this year after year and well, I'm just giving up on it. 3:

Which is why I never play lottery, I'll never win anything just like in all the 'raffle' like games I've been in my whole life thus far, I've never won a thing. I just don't find fun in raffles anymore, not DC's fault on that, no, it's just life experience that I've given up on it.

But that's my own feelings and I'm not going to ruin someone else's day over a stupid post like this. My personal feelings about it and that's all.

Again, congrats to the winners, hate having the 'collector' feeling without being able to collect everything. 3: It just sucks.

I hope there are some kind people who drop their 'kins to the AP. *.* Don't ask me to explain my obsession fascination with them, it's a hoard so it's not supposed to make sense. xd.png

Congrats to all the winners! Don't let yourselves get overwhelmed. Enjoy it.

I do have to say, I am very happy with some of the names I've seen.

Edited by ainisarie

Congrats to all the winners! Don't let yourselves get overwhelmed. Enjoy it.

I do have to say, I am very happy with some of the names I've seen.

Amen to that; it's been great to see people I know and like get lucky. smile.gif (Plus some new faces!)

I know I've never really been the kind to accept all sorts of ridiculous amounts of rares for one of my babies. My IOU list consits of gifts and lik the occasional person who offered me like 1-2 CB metals, most often mixed and matched xd.png Generally if people are witty about their request or can't afford much I'll pelt message them with a shiny baby :3

I think people assume that all prize owners only trade for tons of rares is the lack of actual production from people with lists or who like to gift. Who knows.

All in all congrats winners!! and remember lists are evil, don't do em xd.png

. I'm really curious to see who is actually going to try to collect descendants from all 600 new lines, though. xd.png

That would be this girl right here xd.png I don't plan on trying for any of them until about june-ish tho. By then the prices should be reasonablereasonable (is the new line maddnesmaddness will be over) and 4th gens should be on the market smile.gif

I'm still trying to get a bunch from 2013's lines tho, but am proprobably 60%ish the way there

Edited by Red2111

I think people assume that all prize owners only trade for tons of rares is the lack of actual production from people with lists or who like to gift. Who knows.

I can attest to this. I have been lucky enough to get not one but two 2Gs, and both times they were from incredibly kind individuals who honestly tried to get their babies to people who didn't have "the Midas Click". xd.png Point being, don't give up just yet yall, even if you don't win on the redraw either! ^.~ ♥

I joined the forum today, but have been with Dragcave for many years.

I never expected to win a raffle though, and was completely floored by the mail when I saw it in my inbox ohmy.gif I didn't even quite believe it when I went to the webpage to accept the prize, and saw that beautiful Bronze Tinsel (who will be called Pucey laugh.gif )

Thankfully I had a good friend at hand, and she told me to join the forum so I could get all the info first-hand.

Right now I'm not making any lists and will not be accepting any trade offer, so please do not PM me about it smile.gif I have friends I want to gift with 2nd generation Tinsels first, before I even consider using them for trade. It would not be fair to anybody to set up a list then, with the prospect of maybe waiting months before getting that egg. We all know how fickle the dragons are when we really need them wink.gif

Congratulations to all the other winners, and thank you to TJ09 and all others who have worked hard on making this happen.

(I used the pretty badge zaverxi made, thank you! I hope it is ok)

That would be this girl right here xd.png I don't plan on trying for any of them until about june-ish tho. By then the prices should be reasonablereasonable (is the new line maddnesmaddness will be over) and 4th gens should be on the market smile.gif

I'm still trying to get a bunch from 2014's lines tho, but am proprobably 60%ish the way there

I wish you the best of luck on that, hun! @_@ That's... dear gracious... that's allotta bebehz....

I never expected to win a raffle though, and was completely floored by the mail when I saw it in my inbox ohmy.gif I didn't even quite believe it when I went to the webpage to accept the prize, and saw that beautiful Bronze Tinsel (who will be called Pucey laugh.gif )

Thankfully I had a good friend at hand, and she told me to join the forum so I could get all the info first-hand.

Right now I'm not making any lists and will not be accepting any trade offer, so please do not PM me about it smile.gif I have friends I want to gift with 2nd generation Tinsels first, before I even consider using them for trade. It would not be fair to anybody to set up a list then, with the prospect of maybe waiting months before getting that egg. We all know how fickle the dragons are when we really need them wink.gif

Congratulations to all the other winners, and thank you to TJ09 and all others who have worked hard on making this happen.

Congrats DPucey! And welcome to the forum. You may want to check out this wonderful thread: CB Prizes: A User Guide, Advice and tips for raffle winners smile.gif

Sadly I won nothing this year...

...but my [*cough*] little sis' did xd.png She's over the moon and stars, thank-you so much TJ and the rest of the DragCave community!

Be sure to check the Raffle Winners Guide for helpful info and tips :3

Thank you, AnanoKimi, I'm going to need that! The PM's have started already, and I've never won any of the raffles before, not to mention I do nearly zero trading as it is, so I've very little real idea of what to do, yet.

And, NightEagle, it was a pretty silver tinsel that showed up when I clicked the link wink.gif

If any of you prize winners breed yours to Nhiostrifes...I'll happily take your prizefails.

*shifty eyes*

please? xd.png

It's perfectly ok, I'm glad I can at least be connected in some way with the prize winners. ^^ Who knows, maybe some of your awesome luck will rub off on me haha. Also welcome to the forums!

And I did not mean to insinuate that all raffle winners are greedy, because that's definitely not true. There's plenty of nice people out there who would gladly gift out offspring, or trade for easily-obtainable eggs/hatchlings.

I wish you the best of luck on that, hun! @_@ That's... dear gracious... that's allotta bebehz....

Thanks happy.gif I have some wonderful friends and trading partners on this site. So hopefully all of us can helpout each other.

Just thinking about it tho ... Just one babies from each of those lines and I'd double both my shimmer and tinsel collection *_*

Who didn't win? This guy. Oh well, I wanted to ask for an HM prize anyway. tongue.gif

Congratulations to the lucky 600.

Edited by Pteprocks

There's always the inevitable prize winners who only take 4 CB golds for their babies, you just don't see them because they usually PM. All the people offering multiple CB metals have tons of 2nd gens on their scrolls. :/ You can tell because they also offer out 3rd gen EGs of various lines for MORE CB metals.

"Who _only_ take 4 CB golds"

They're that valuable? :-D

Okay now I'm a bit disappointed, I don't own any CB golds.

Congratulations to all the lucky winners. I can't wait to see all the new codes and lineages over the next couple months. Hopefully you all have an enjoyable time with your prizes!

Things to Do if You Didn't Win

1. Hug a stuffed animal. How can you not be happy while hugging a stuffed animal?

2. Imagine how you'd feel if you did win. Now imagine the 600 people that are feeling that way. Isn't that kind of awesome?

3. Go treat yourself to a nice breakfast. A good first meal of the day makes for a good day.

4. Think about your plans for valentine's day breeding. Got any cool lineages you're working on?

5. Go here. Remember how fun the holidays were before you started worrying about the raffle? Sending gifts. Mana alchemy. It was great.

6. Contemplate that new years resolution you've forgotten about.

7. Visit the Departures thread. People are so nice there, why not breed something and drop it off?

8. Send someone a picture of a blobfish. Now THAT is a true sad face!

9. Find someone else who didn't win and send them a compliment. Happiness all around.

10. Go do my laundry. Thanks.

"Who _only_ take 4 CB golds"

They're that valuable? :-D

Okay now I'm a bit disappointed, I don't own any CB golds.

I had someone tell me a previous year that they declined my offer because they took the 4 CB golds one, and that I should try getting those if I wanted a 2nd gen.

Granted, that person doesn't even PLAY anymore and it was the first year shimmers came out, but all the same. It's made me super reluctant to PM people.

Thankfully I think the price has gone down since then so don't lose hope!

I hope to be a redraw winner, no high hopes though.

Either that or have even the slightest bit of luck to find the eggs in the abandoned area.....really want to see what they look like, just like everyone else of course.

Hope to find a couple really nice people when there are eggs out. How many raffle dragons are there btw? Gold, silver bronze right? So three to look for? Gawd, this is going to be near impossible for me for a looong time. xd.png;;;

I hope to be a redraw winner, no high hopes though.

Either that or have even the slightest bit of luck to find the eggs in the abandoned area.....really want to see what they look like, just like everyone else of course.

Hope to find a couple really nice people when there are eggs out. How many raffle dragons are there btw? Gold, silver bronze right? So three to look for? Gawd, this is going to be near impossible for me for a looong time. xd.png;;;

They are tinsel and shimmer dragons - same as before. There aren't any new breeds to see...

Things to Do if You Didn't Win

1. Hug a stuffed animal. How can you not be happy while hugging a stuffed animal?

2. Imagine how you'd feel if you did win. Now imagine the 600 people that are feeling that way. Isn't that kind of awesome?

3. Go treat yourself to a nice breakfast. A good first meal of the day makes for a good day.

4. Think about your plans for valentine's day breeding. Got any cool lineages you're working on?

5. Go here. Remember how fun the holidays were before you started worrying about the raffle? Sending gifts. Mana alchemy. It was great.

6. Contemplate that new years resolution you've forgotten about.

7. Visit the Departures thread. People are so nice there, why not breed something and drop it off?

8. Send someone a picture of a blobfish. Now THAT is a true sad face!

9. Find someone else who didn't win and send them a compliment. Happiness all around.

10. Go do my laundry. Thanks.

laugh.gif I love it! Thanks for posting that. (My stuffed froggy thanks you, too -- he hasn't had many hugs lately.)