TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

OK...Wow! My daughter just came running back home from my Mom's (she lives conveniently next door) saying that my Mom, who only recently got talked into playing Dragon Cave (as well as my son), clicked the http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle and it said she had won a 3rd prize (and it showed the image of a Bronze Shimmer)! Per my daughter's instructions, she had my Mom check her e-mails...no e-mail. My Mom made a forum account since she was told by my daughter that she is going to need one now, and that e-mail went right through. Have all the e-mails been sent yet, or could she still be having to waiting for it? (600 is one heck of a lot of e-mails to send.)

Congrats Mom! (I'm keeping her scroll/forum name a secret for now.) Guess I'll finally get that 2nd gen at some point! (Right Mom? Pretty please? Remember all those BSA dragons I've gifted you to get you started?)

I made a badge if anyone wants to add it to their sig. XP

user posted image

Wonderful! We shall be losers together!

user posted image

I find this seems incredibly poor taste, and negative.

You didn't lose anything. You just didn't win.

I'm sorry DragonCave. It appears yet another year has gone by without me being crowned King of Prizes. The site is definitely poorer for it, the world itself weeps, and I can offer but little consolation. I even wheeled in some firework cannons and motorcycle cages on the chance I did win. And you can't get refunds on that kind of stuff.

Maybe one day the site will seek actual improvement and call out my number... 'cause I can guarantee you it'd be awesome. Motorcycles made of fireworks kind of awesome.

Hahaha, yep, DC is definitely missing out because you didn't win!

Also she said the picture showed up as a shimmer but there is no email in her inbox and every time she enters a code she wants and saves it it just goes back to the gift box page. Anyone having that issue? I am so happy someone I know won this year sadly for me nothing again but Congrats to all the new winners out there!

several winners, including myself, have reported that issue and some have emailed TJ about it - I hope that will be sorted out soon smile.gif

And congratulations to you and all the other winners!

Have all the e-mails been sent yet, or could she still be having to waiting for it? (600 is one heck of a lot of e-mails to send.)

TJ stated that all emails were in the process of being sent, but that it could take several hours for them to be received. Combined with delays on the end of the email provider, this could potentially result in quite a bit of time before the emails are all actually received.

TL;DR

Yes, be patient. biggrin.gif

it's jus a badge lol, dude..

This.

That link can't be right. This would be the 2015 raffle not the 2014.

I think it's cute... and it's just meant as good fun, isn't it? wink.gif

That link can't be right. This would be the 2015 raffle not the 2014.

Actually, that would be incorrect. The raffle is technically for the Christmas holiday, and even though the drawing is not held until the following month, it is still considered to be the Christmas 2014 Raffle. Kinda confusing, admittedly, but that's how it works. xd.png

it's jus a badge lol, dude..

I am not sure IF I agree with Starscream on whether it is in poor taste or not.

That said, if non-winners ARE feeling negative about their non-winning; there are a LOT worse ways of burning off that negativity than making a badge, IMO.

Edited by Silverswift

I think it's cute... and it's just meant as good fun, isn't it? wink.gif

Yeah, I figured I wouldn't win, so this is just a little joke. Wasn't meant in any bitter ways, just fun.

user posted image

Love it. biggrin.gif

I haven't won. I lost.

hey, it can be healthy to wallow in sorrow sometimes. I think. Actually no, I have no idea. But the badge is cute and there's no harm, is there?

not that i need it

For the hopefuls: Page to check if you've won

For the winners: Raffle Winners' Guide

Bumping this as per usual for anyone waking up and checking this thread and for any of those who already know they won so they can check the guide. Once again as an added note I am happily available for prizewinners with questions, wanting to squee, or needing to chat. I would like to help as much as possible seeing as many amazing people helped me when I won :3

The badge is adorable Starscream~ its meant in good fun and hopefully no one takes this lack of winning to hard. It was mostly to be expected.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Ah whatever I've got plenty of Shimmers and Tinsels. (Though most of them are 12+ generation messy and inbred, but I still love them wub.gif)

Well, didn't win this year either, but better luck next time. I enjoyed the event and received a lot of wonderful gifts from people and spread a lot of my own and I almost doubled my Christmas Dragon hoard so I still feel like a winner. It was a great event and I had fun. Congratz to those who won and I look forward to seeing what TJ and co. come up with for next year's event. biggrin.gif