TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

It'll say that until you type a code in. Then it'll go away forever and you can never change your mind.

That's the thing, I get the enter the code page every time. I have entered 3 different codes thinking they were already taken. I might have to do it when I'm on a computer.

Edited by tjsweepers

It'll say that until you type a code in. Then it'll go away forever and you can never change your mind.

edit:

or, at least, that's the way it's supposed to work

I chose a code, and the link takes me to the choose-a-code page every time. Makes me paranoid.

So I won a silver shimmer. I was wondering if it's normal to get the "pick your code" page every time you click the check to see link. I'm on mobile and I hope it's saving my choice.

Kinda bummed I can't give it to my daughter, but still very happy even with a pouting 10 year old.

Please no pm's.

Grats tjsweepers. It sends us all to the wrong page so just waiting and hoping it's confirmed. I've tried three times and each time get sent to the xmas message page.

user posted image

I'm blue. I shouldn't do this to myself, but I'm blue. XP

For those with enter code page issues

I would suggest entering your option once, and if it continues to show up do a hard refresh. This on most PC's is done with CTRL F5. If on a phone then yes, check on a computer next chance you get. If it continues to show up I would suggest leaving the tab open and simply waiting until the next day to see if the page updates.

I do remember the same happened to me but I only entered my choices once and then just kept an eye on the page.

[EDIT]

Seeing as my post is top of the page:

For the hopefuls: Page to check if you've won

For the winners: Raffle Winners' Guide

Edited by AnanoKimi

How much is a second gen prize worth? I've got a second gen Silver from Silver x Mistletoe, and I really would love to do an IOU with a current prize holder, or someone who won this time around....

Most gens up to 4 or 5 have a pretty high value depending on the person. Some will offer more than others depending on the lineage. :3

Aaand cue my hopes falling from the sky. I didn't win. OTL Chances are I won't get a 2gen either... oh well. Well, congrats to the people who won, I guess! Hoping to see the custom codes for this year soon, maybe. ^^

user posted image

This... is fairly accurate ^^; I knew the chances were especially low for me since I didn't fill in all 14 entries due to stuff IRL, but I still let my hopes get up and... ._.' Yeah... anyway xd.png

*sigh* I'm never lucky enough to get any good CBs, so I guess I will always be without a low-gen silver prize. *sob*

How much is a second gen prize worth? I've got a second gen Silver from Silver x Mistletoe, and I really would love to do an IOU with a current prize holder, or someone who won this time around....

The average 2g Prize is going to be worth far more than the average 2g Silver, as Silvers can be caught in CB form by everyone all year and thus have far more in circulation. Still, it never hurts to ask--prize winners tastes in trades vary as much as everyone else's. smile.gif

*sigh* I'm never lucky enough to get any good CBs, so I guess I will always be without a low-gen silver prize. *sob*

Aw thats not true~ As I like to point out to most nay sayers about only getting 2nd gens by trading rediculous amounts of rares:

Its all about trading with the right people. Some are willing to gift, some are more than happy to trade for much less than most, so don't give up hope and simply ask around in a month or so. Some will be more than happy to trade with you~

In the exact same boat, rofl. I can't even find ONE gold! how am I supposed to catch FOUR? laugh.gif

EDIT:

Aw thats not true~ As I like to point out to most nay sayers about only getting 2nd gens by trading rediculous amounts of rares:

Its all about trading with the right people. Some are willing to gift, some are more than happy to trade for much less than most, so don't give up hope and simply ask around in a month or so. Some will be more than happy to trade with you~

The problem is FINDING those willing people, I think. ._. Another thing is when you're shy to ask with the idea that they'll get mad at you because of all the other people that might be asking (WHICH is understandable) so you feel like you're the "extra pebble sitting on the 10-ton weight."

Edited by Kira-san

To those of you seeking 2gs, I suggest you write down the names of winners somewhere and check in both now and when eggs are actually handed out to see if they have open lists. Many more winners than you think will trade for very doable prices; I've never paid even a single CB Gold for any of my 2gs, but have paid things like 75 common hatchlings, pretty low gens from Spriter's Alts, and a handful CB Trios. smile.gif

The problem is FINDING those willing people, I think. ._. Another thing is when you're shy to ask with the idea that they'll get mad at you because of all the other people that might be asking (WHICH is understandable) so you feel like you're the "extra pebble sitting on the 10-ton weight."

Exactly, even though I don't have a prize, I know that they're always getting PM'd, and I don't want to bother them, plus I don't even know who they are, so its both a fight between the huge wish to get a second gen, and the shyness to PM them. I'm not very good with talking about that kind of stuff as well, so I'll probably end up just curling up and wishing I wasn't so meek.

In the exact same boat, rofl. I can't even find ONE gold! how am I supposed to catch FOUR? laugh.gif

EDIT:

A good way to lure one out into gifting or offering is wishlists and signatures. Trust me I look at those all the time see if I can pelt gift someone something they need/want. So if you are too shy to ask, thats one method.

Considerably one could try and make a Prize gen request thread where anyone and everyone seeking 2nd gen prizes from specific tier (gold, silver, bronze) x specific breed can simply state what they are looking for and that way prize owners can check. That sounds nice. Convinient too. Though some requests would get buried... Oh well.

I think TJ messing with coding again, i can't see any images of eggs or dragons laugh.gif

Edited by Lysian