TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

It think it sounds pretty fair to have that huge amount of winners, besides, it would be a hell of work to give out custom prizes instead of just prize dragons.

I hope I'm lucky this year :U

I'd really like to get one with a custom code or a CB Avatar of Creation that fit with my Oc, but a CB prize is also a nice thing to have.

I'm also rather sad that there are no HMs this year, but the pool of winners is comparatively huge. Got my fingers crossed, as usual. wink.gif

That's too bad. Well hopefully the store thing will work so then people can still get the hm stuff.

... wait what?? blink.gif

... wait what?? blink.gif

There's a suggestion going on about setting up a store with points so people can buy special dragons.

also surprised there are no HM this year, which is kinda disappointing, and surprised there will be so many winners...O.o...pretty sure it's still a small fraction compared to the userbase. xd.png but that's how it'll always be. though i have to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for making the cb's untradable! it's very frusterating for those of us who see it, whether someone is looking to get one or give one away, because most of the time it's TONS OF IMPOSSIBLE STUFF. *sigh*.

well, here we go with the "frantically checking my email every few hours for days in the hopes i've gotten an email." routine. good luck all!

Edited by CrystalSetsuna

Interesting. Thanks, TJ!

Will winners still be able to go from, say, Gold to Silver or does the new thing apply to more than HM?

I sort of wish we could trade the CB prizes, but then again, trading it would be an absolute nightmare...

Thanks for the update, TJ. smile.gif

blink.gif  6 ...  600 new lines to collect 

user posted image

What a challenge! laugh.gif

Edited by Dryadia

I shall join the list of thanking you for the update.

ohmy.gif That's a lot of winners! biggrin.gif I can't wait to see what lineages and projects will come out of this.

Nice that there is 600 new prizes to be given out this year. I'm not holding any hope to winning, because I never do, but its still nice to see smile.gif.

There's a suggestion going on about setting up a store with points so people can buy special dragons.

A suggestion which I hope never comes to fruition.

Innnnteresting that there are no HMs this time around. Guess that means even more whining and moaning when the winners are announced.

Good luck all.

ETA: Just wanted to say that I really like the idea that these will NOT be trade-able.

Edited by Ayelldee

I do like the setting for "no trading" - I think that's a good improvement. I'm surprised you can abandon them still, though... I mean, the winners click the survey and say "I want this dragon" - why wouldn't they keep it? GONs aren't abandonable... A similar mechanic would work well for the prizes. (Either way, I'm good, of course! But the no trading is an IMPROVEMENT).

It's so that people can abandon them for me to catch when I don't win anything! xd.pngtongue.gif

/brick'd

Thanks for the update, TJ. smile.gif

blink.gif  6 ...  600 new lines to collect  

user posted image

What a challenge! laugh.gif

lmfao ikr! i'm excite dont get me wrong but 600 is a lot to collect biggrin.gif

i literally can't wait to start collecting the new lines (and finish collecting the rest of the 2014 lines).

good luck to all the winners, i look forward to collecting you're offspring and seeing what beautiful lines you guys create happy.gif

side note, i'm soooooo glad i re-organized my trading doc the way i did xd.png

futher side note - i wonder if TJ will keep on this with rate of increase on prize winners?

2011 - 50 prizes

2012 - 50 prizes

2013 - 150 prizes

2014 - 150 prizes

2015 - 600 prizes

so normal 5 year business plan

2016 - 600 prizes

2017 - 1200 prizes

2018 - 1200 prizes

2019 - 2400 prizes

2017 - 1200 prizes

2018 - 1200 prizes

2019 - 2400 prizes

I'm seeing people complain about the bump to 600, I think 1000+ is a bit much LOL

I'm seeing people complain about the bump to 600, I think 1000+ is a bit much LOL

lol i agree. it was just some musing on the past rate of increase for winners and pondering about the future. i guess we'll see in 2 years.

on a very big plus side, increasing the blood pool for prizes by 300 each should do wonders for breeding wub.gif

of course, my prize lines wont get the memo about this increase in the ratio and will keep being stubborn little pixels, but hopefully others prize lines will get the memo and put some good breeding mojo in the water tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm excited there are no HMs, maybe TJ is possibly considering the points accumulation store!

I'm happy with the increase of prize winners even if that's not the case, let's see how it will go!

A suggestion which I hope never comes to fruition.

Innnnteresting that there are no HMs this time around. Guess that means even more whining and moaning when the winners are announced.

Good luck all.

ETA: Just wanted to say that I really like the idea that these will NOT be trade-able.

Why not? It gives everyone an opportunity to get HMs instead of having a small tiny chance at one once a year xd.png

Edited by LaHaine

Where have you seen anyone complaining about the new numbers? As in too many new winners?

I'm sad about no HMs this year, but I think that the rest of the raffle is being handled really well so far. I think it's great that there are so many winners and that everything is clarified with regards to choosing to accept or not accept, back-up winners, and trading status.

Edited by Jazeki

I'm sad about no HMs this year, but I think that the rest of the raffle is being handled really well so far. I think it's great that there are so many winners and that everything is clarified with regards to choosing to accept or not accept, back-up winners, and trading status.

Thinking on it, could you imagine the hassle of doing HMs with so many winners?

If the HMs are kept at a lower number (let's say, 50) then it appears the HM are on-par with the 1st prizes.

If the HMs are awarded at a larger number (let's say, 150) then that's A LOT of work to award individual dragons for people.

You can add me to the list of those wondering if custom codes are available this year. With the number of winners, that's got to be just as crazy, really... Not to mention, it increases the odds of duplicate code requests.

Thinking on it, could you imagine the hassle of doing HMs with so many winners?

If the HMs are kept at a lower number (let's say, 50) then it appears the HM are on-par with the 1st prizes.

If the HMs are awarded at a larger number (let's say, 150) then that's A LOT of work to award individual dragons for people.

You can add me to the list of those wondering if custom codes are available this year. With the number of winners, that's got to be just as crazy, really... Not to mention, it increases the odds of duplicate code requests.

Add me to this list, too.

Lol, I only ever wanted a custom code from the contest and didn't care which derg type it was tacked onto so I'd be disappointed to see it go but I suppose I could understand why.

It could be judged on a "first come, first served" basis. So if two people both chose the code Blogs, whoever filled in their form first would get it, the other would get a random code.