TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Interesting ~ Kind of sad there is no HMs, but pleased to see that the pool of Prize Dragons is larger!

Thank you TJ, and Good luck everyone!

No HM is admittedly disappointing, but so many new prize owners is going to be fantastic.

Oh, I am SO excited. laugh.gif

*Runs off to stalk her E-mail Relentlessly*

Oh I can't wait, does anyone have that little site thingie that says yes or no?

I wonder if that isn't activated until TJ contacts the winners.

That would make sense.

Something I've always wondered...are previous year winners 'exempt' from winning? Like some way to ensure new people get prizes each year?

Nothing in my inbox yet. biggrin.gif

ScnBrain, no, they aren't. There are people who have won twice.

Something I've always wondered...are previous year winners 'exempt' from winning?  Like some way to ensure new people get prizes each year?

No - a lot of us feel that exempting previous prize winners would be unfair and would make it pointless for them to participate in the holiday event.

Edited by LibbyLishly

No - a lot of us feel that exempting previous prize winners would be unfair and would make it pointless for them to participate in the holiday event.

This.

AND there are also those that have pushed for double winning to be disallowed. It is just one of those things...

I know for a fact it has caused some serious drama on the forum in the past.

Edited by Silverswift

Something I've always wondered...are previous year winners 'exempt' from winning? Like some way to ensure new people get prizes each year?

A raffle is supposed to be random and open to anyone who meets the criteria for getting their tickets. It would be unfair and down right mean to tell certain people they are not allowed to participate in the holiday event just because they happened to be a lucky winner in a previous raffle year.

Too bad there's no HM.

But that's a lot of prizes. Can't wait!

Me neither. Luck to all. biggrin.gif

Any word as to whether winners will be allowed to select a code for their new shiny as they have done in the past?

Edited by Silverswift

Good luck to all entrants! smile.gif

Really hoping there's going to be an "I'm impatient for getting an email, click this link to check" thing like previous years. I really liked that option.

Thanks for the update, and also for having so many winners this year!

Cool! xd.png I like the idea that the prizes cannot be traded. Good luck everyone.

I'm disappointed there won't be any HM prizes :/ At least more people win this year though.

Very exciting to have so many winners this year! It makes me more hopeful that I might be one of the lucky ones, and if I'm not, it'll still make it easier to get my hands on some 2nd gen prizes. biggrin.gif

It's interesting that we're not doing HMs this year... I wonder if that's an effort to let CB hybrids, etc. remain rare, or if it's because TJ wanted to increase the CB prize dragon population (so all would-be HMs are now prizes), or what?

Very exciting to have so many winners this year!  It makes me more hopeful that I might be one of the lucky ones, and if I'm not, it'll still make it easier to get my hands on some 2nd gen prizes.  biggrin.gif

It's interesting that we're not doing HMs this year... I wonder if that's an effort to let CB hybrids, etc. remain rare, or if it's because TJ wanted to increase the CB prize dragon population (so all would-be HMs are now prizes), or what?

I'm thinking it's the second one?

I'll admit, I liked the idea of being able to ask for CB hybrids... The lineage breeder in me was hoping for an honorable mention for that reason. tongue.gif

But I'm looking forward to seeing how this year's prize awards turn out!

I think each year it's tweaking to try and find a variation that will work better than in the past? I do like the thought that now people can't go around looking for a tinsel/shimmer from EVERY CB prize. (I mean, they could, but who really wants 500+ prize dragons? Forget about trading for them, it would take forever to RAISE them! Or are we in for "Trading for low-time (under 4d) low-gen gendered or influenced-with-proof prize hatchling of lineage I don't have yet" trades now? xd.png)

I do like the setting for "no trading" - I think that's a good improvement. I'm surprised you can abandon them still, though... I mean, the winners click the survey and say "I want this dragon" - why wouldn't they keep it? GONs aren't abandonable... A similar mechanic would work well for the prizes. (Either way, I'm good, of course! But the no trading is an IMPROVEMENT).

I am also hoping for a double-check link, like in prior years, because in spite of the fact that my email is fully updated, I don't trust it for such important bizness... tongue.gif

Edited by SolarCat