TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I need to clear out my inbox so I can find the message that will (probably not) say I've won! I wonder what the codes for the prizes will be. :>

All of you saying you're not checking your email to prevent the disappointment, lucky you because I need to constantly check for work, so every time I see the words "Dragon Cave" In my inbox, I rush here to see if the emails have been sent out, only to find out that it was a PM notification. This is my first raffle event, is it like this every year?

All of you saying you're not checking your email to prevent the disappointment, lucky you because I need to constantly check for work, so every time I see the words "Dragon Cave" In my inbox, I rush here to see if the emails have been sent out, only to find out that it was a PM notification. This is my first raffle event, is it like this every year?

The last few years there was a link on the first post to see if you won along with an email, so I imagine not xd.png I always keep my email open, but I have a conversation from the forums open so when I see a separate email I can jump right on it.

The last few years there was a link on the first post to see if you won along with an email, so I imagine not xd.png I always keep my email open, but I have a conversation from the forums open so when I see a separate email I can jump right on it.

EXCEPT that I wonder if the link will go up once the emails ARE sent?

I assumed that it would be edited into TJs first post at the beginning f the thread...

EXCEPT that I wonder if the link will go up once the emails ARE sent?

I assumed that it would be edited into TJs first post at the beginning f the thread...

Hmm... It is certainly a possibility, though I suppose it's another thing we'll have to wait to see.

It's probably going to be a week or something until the emails get sent. This is my first raffle I've been in, too. At least this wait gives us plenty of time to clear egg slots and grow dragons.

It's probably going to be a week or something until the emails get sent. This is my first raffle I've been in, too. At least this wait gives us plenty of time to clear egg slots and grow dragons.

Personally I think he's giving people a chance to switch out bad email addresses with working ones. Still, the wait man...

First raffle for me too actually, don't let my account's age fool you. xd.png

Yeah, that's probably part of it as well. I had a really good name in mind if I got a prize but it's taken..time to search for more names.

Yep. I'll be surprised if they get sent out in less than a week.

Personally I think he's giving people a chance to switch out bad email addresses with working ones. Still, the wait man...

First raffle for me too actually, don't let my account's age fool you. xd.png

^ This 100%. ._.

Already done and done ~ gmail is so picky. -.-

This is also my first raffle as well (despite being here almost 5 years) so I'm excited.

I might as well join the discussion ... >,>

Yep. I'll be surprised if they get sent out in less than a week.

Like I said, I hope it isn't that long... I don't think I could take that long of a wait.

Well, I guess it is what it is...

Edited by Silverswift

I've never gotten a 2gen Prize either - although I DO have a sibling to yours, Kovia! http://dragcave.net/lineage/UGBic

Which I had to breed with a Silver cross, since, of course, no 2gen Prize to breed it with. rolleyes.gif My one Gold 3gen Shimmer had to misgender, and be mated to GWs (for some reason this is a negative). My 2 3gen SilvShims are deadlines, so no use breeding those. My one 3gen BronShim has Holiday mates (another negative). So I really hope to be lucky enough to get/grab/trade for (hah) a 2gen.

The one time I've won anything I was literally the ONLY person there, so luck doesn't run my way. But watching all this play out is kinda fun. Good luck everyone!

That's exactly what I was thinking, actually; how does one go about sending six-HUNDRED emails to each and every winner? xd.png It seems a little harsh to think he'd go "compose, 'person,' <copy-pasted email>, sent, compose..." and so on 600 times. ^^;

Yeah, hopefully ^^; Or even monday, but sooner would be better. biggrin.gif

Ohhh!!! But it's still gorgeous! wub.gif Though, I do get your point. ._.'

It's automatic most probably. I'm not seeing a programmer manually doing that lol

It's automatic most probably. I'm not seeing a programmer manually doing that lol

You'll be surprised.

Two people for Town of Salem had to send over 8000 e-mails manually for their third Kickstarter. It took 'em a few days but they got it done.

Did I say 8000 ? I think they actually had to send double that for sending out codes for Steam and such. ._.

(By the way - hi Mini <3)

So yeah, this can be done. Then again I don't know TJ as well as the ToS developers so I'm not sure how busy he is irl and that stuff.

Ah. One thing that comes to mind is that, with all of these people updating emails, they either have to change who it's addressed to or wait until enough time has passed to do it without worry.

Not sure to what extent it can be automated though, sending the messages is one thing but if he does custom codes again then I think he has to manually read the messages before coding the egg onto their scroll.

Not sure to what extent it can be automated though, sending the messages is one thing but if he does custom codes again then I think he has to manually read the messages before coding the egg onto their scroll.

RIGHT, but by then the winners will already KNOW who they are... even IF it takes a bit to get their new shiny. :3

Edited by Silverswift

Since it's a form you have to answer, he can make "a bot" to read it and generate and add the egg to the database. Specially if it's an in-site form, it can send the answers directly to the database. Then again, I don't know TJ or anything, just speculating.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do it manually, I'm just saying if someone has the knowledge to automate their tasks, they'd probably choose the easy way out

Edited by LaHaine

*Steadily avoiding looking at email, and phone chimes. Email! Carefully reads over it....not from DC*

I know I'm not the only one doing this, I really do, but I have to get this hopeful, excited flutter every time my phone chimes! It's to the point my sister is asking who I'm dating....

I never thought I'd be this excited over a potential egg!

"Sis, I'm in a very serious relationship with potentially 600 pixel prize dragons. You wouldn't understand."

Hooray, I got an email!

....from John Lewis, about my dishwasher. tongue.gif Hopefully I can surprise Mum with it next week. (I tell you, free delivery ain't worth what you pay for it...)

Well, at least you got your dishwasher email!

I know, I'm very relieved! happy.gif It was a lot of money to go missing...