TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I feel like the only one who doesn't have their email account open..

Oh, my email account is open, but it would be anyway raffle or no because of work etc. I just have a look periodically to see what's in there. I'm actually rather more concerned that I haven't heard back about delivery of the dishwasher I ordered for my mum; that's more crucial imo 'cos it's a real thing that cost actual money, rather than a free pixel dragon I'm not going to get anyway! tongue.gif *pokes inbox and John Lewis with a stick*

Just gonna throw out a few numbers here. Honorable mentions excluded- only metallic prizes are being counted.

2010 CB Prize Distribution (Tree Contest): 30 prizes (all tinsels). First year of prizes.

2011 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 30 prizes (all tinsels). Same amount as last year. 60 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk).

2012 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 60 prizes (all shimmerscales). Release of shimmerscales. 200% as many prizes as previous years, putting shimmerscales equal in numbers to tinsels. 120 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2013 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 120 prizes (60 tinsels and 60 shimmerscales). First year with both types of prizes. 400% as many prizes as the first two years of prizes (2010 and 2011). 200% as many as the previous year of prizes (2012). 240 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2014 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle, ongoing): 600 prizes (300 tinsels and 300 shimmerscales). 2000% as many prizes (twenty times as many) as the first two years of prizes (2010 and 2011). 1000% as many (ten times as many) prizes as the third year of prizes (2012). 500% as many (five times as many) prizes as the previous year of prizes (2013). This will make 840 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2014 numbers subject to change if TJ changes anything. Just thought it'd be interesting to put these all up together with the percentage and everything (tell me if I did anything wrong, I'm half-asleep). The amounts have changed a lot over the years, presumably as the site continues to grow and all.

Thank you!

I just realized my DC email was connected to a very old - not working mail o.O

I changed that in a jiffy.

Oh, my email account is open, but it would be anyway raffle or no because of work etc. I just have a look periodically to see what's in there. I'm actually rather more concerned that I haven't heard back about delivery of the dishwasher I ordered for my mum; that's more crucial imo 'cos it's a real thing that cost actual money, rather than a free pixel dragon I'm not going to get anyway! tongue.gif *pokes inbox and John Lewis with a stick*

Same here for me; I check my email very frequently because of work-related things, and if I'm with my phone, my email auto-updates itself there, so I get notified of new emails instantly. That said, I'd be lying if I said the raffle hasn't been on my mind much...

If I don't win, I hope people would have enough prizes for me to finally get a second gen biggrin.gif

I feel like the only one who doesn't have their email account open..

Oh, my friend, you are not the only one =P I feel that I'll feel sad if I don't see an email while it's open and then the "update: winners have been notified" pops up (however it will come up xd.png).

The custom code would seriously be my favorite part of getting a prize. The POSSIBILITIES! D:

I relate to this, though it's not completely my FAVORITE part (I think all of it might be my favorite. If I get one. tongue.gif) =P A prize dragon seems to feel all the more special with an awesome code xd.pngO-Or am I wrong about that feeling? //OTL

EDIT:

If I don't win, I hope people would have enough prizes for me to finally get a second gen biggrin.gif

I'm in the same boat; I've never gotten a second- or third-gen prize ^^;

Edited by Kira-san

I bet TJ's having a good laugh at us getting so excited. laugh.gif

xd.png I bet so too.

I personally think he is sitting on those emails and just enjoying the show all of us are putting on.

I would like to say that it'd be nice to get one... but I don't think I've done much to merit such an amazing gift out of random gifting. '^^

xd.png I bet so too.

I personally think he is sitting on those emails and just enjoying the show all of us are putting on.

I hope not. Still, you've gotta wonder how hard it actually is to collect 600 email addresses and send out 6 mass emails (one for each level of prize) since I doubt he sends out 600 individual emails, that would be exhausting.

Still, really hope they go out soon. At least it should be before the weekend's over... right?

I'm in the same boat; I've never gotten a second- or third-gen prize ^^;

Same here, closest thing I have is a 2G prizefail I fished out of the AP awhile back.

I'm not decided if the notice that winners have been picked yet is a blessing or a curse! -sits impatiently-

I wish for something silver. Shimmer would be amazing, Tinsel would be awesome too.

I could create my own lines with Nebulas. Gray/silver and red is my favourite color scheme, so female red nebula and male silver prize dragon would make beautiful babies *.* Silver prize and blue Nebula would also look fantastic, as I also love blue.

It may be difficult to win though, as I had to skip one entry, so I got total of 13.

Good luck everyone wink.gif

Still, really hope they go out soon. At least it should be before the weekend's over... right?

I hope so,too.

Honestly, at this point, even if I didn't win, I'd at least liek to hav e the satisfaction of knowing it so I can let the whole thing go til next year.

Also... nice catch of the pretty nebbie shimmer-kin!

Don't get TOO impatient! laugh.gif

Last year, the first Raffle announcement was on January 12 and the update (that the winners had been informed, etc) didn't come around til February 2. Looks like we have some time to stew!

ETA: @Miniature Cowgirl - heh, oh how I WISH that worked!

Edited by Ayelldee

Don't get TOO impatient! laugh.gif

Last year, the first Raffle announcement was on January 12 and the update (that the winners had been informed, etc) didn't come around til February 2. Looks like we have some time to stew!

Oh, I sure HOPE we aren't kept waiting that long...O.o

I don't think I could stand it.

NOT that the wait wouldn't be worth it, if I got lucky enough to win.

I bet TJ's having a good laugh at us getting so excited.  laugh.gif

Lol. I know *I* am amused, but can't imagine what it must be like for TJ xd.png

Bah, all these Daydreams on my scroll (and this thread) must be affecting my reasoning, because I've been deluded into thinking I might have a chance at this. Must not succumb to the fantasy... must concentrate on studying...

I shall not let myself be disappointed no matter what though! Either way means more prizes in the breeding pool, which is awesome in itself <3 and I'll surely be here to congratulate the winners, whether I'm among them or not. Heck, especially if I'm not :B

Lol. I know *I* am amused, but can't imagine what it must be like for TJ xd.png

Bah, all these Daydreams on my scroll (and this thread) must be affecting my reasoning, because I've been deluded into thinking I might have a chance at this. Must not succumb to the fantasy... must concentrate on studying...

I shall not let myself be disappointed no matter what though! Either way means more prizes in the breeding pool, which is awesome in itself <3 and I'll surely be here to congratulate the winners, whether I'm among them or not. Heck, especially if I'm not :B

My daydreams are working overtime, too, Orlaggedon.

Yours aren't the only ones. xd.png

NAUGHTY DRAGONS!

I keep trying to tell myself I won't win, but does my imagination listen... not in the slightest. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Silverswift

I hope not. Still, you've gotta wonder how hard it actually is to collect 600 email addresses and send out 6 mass emails (one for each level of prize) since I doubt he sends out 600 individual emails, that would be exhausting.

Same here, closest thing I have is a 2G prizefail I fished out of the AP awhile back.

That's exactly what I was thinking, actually; how does one go about sending six-HUNDRED emails to each and every winner? xd.png It seems a little harsh to think he'd go "compose, 'person,' <copy-pasted email>, sent, compose..." and so on 600 times. ^^;

Yeah, hopefully ^^; Or even monday, but sooner would be better. biggrin.gif

Ohhh!!! But it's still gorgeous! wub.gif Though, I do get your point. ._.'