TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Well here I am thinking that if I get a Gold Tinsel, I'll breed with Nhios and give one to Birdz, but apparently I'm the only one.

If I got a gold I'd make it female for Birdz, keeping in mind that I don't have many "good" CB Dragons.

Everyone here is cruel except for sbowen and shadowfighter. :'C

This birdzy will get all the shiny she wants eventually, even if she fails to win a raffle dragon! D':

This birdzy will get all the shiny she wants eventually, even if she fails to win a raffle dragon! D':

That's the spirit, birdz! Dun lose hope! DX

Thought to consider, if there's 600 winners, just how many people are in the raffle!? blink.gif Or maybe I'm just *derp* or something, but... ^^;

Just gonna throw out a few numbers here. Honorable mentions excluded- only metallic prizes are being counted.

2010 CB Prize Distribution (Tree Contest): 30 prizes (all tinsels). First year of prizes.

2011 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 30 prizes (all tinsels). Same amount as last year. 60 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk).

2012 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 60 prizes (all shimmerscales). Release of shimmerscales. 200% as many prizes as previous years, putting shimmerscales equal in numbers to tinsels. 120 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2013 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle): 120 prizes (60 tinsels and 60 shimmerscales). First year with both types of prizes. 400% as many prizes as the first two years of prizes (2010 and 2011). 200% as many as the previous year of prizes (2012). 240 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2014 CB Prize Distribution (Holiday Raffle, ongoing): 600 prizes (300 tinsels and 300 shimmerscales). 2000% as many prizes (twenty times as many) as the first two years of prizes (2010 and 2011). 1000% as many (ten times as many) prizes as the third year of prizes (2012). 500% as many (five times as many) prizes as the previous year of prizes (2013). This will make 840 total CB prizes site-wide (excluding Penk and Jewel).

2014 numbers subject to change if TJ changes anything. Just thought it'd be interesting to put these all up together with the percentage and everything (tell me if I did anything wrong, I'm half-asleep). The amounts have changed a lot over the years, presumably as the site continues to grow and all.

Edited by Capricornus

Birdz, you has my promise as a person who got six of you and Pie's lovely Halloween dragons, that if I am to win a Gold Tinsel, it will hopefully become a She and give you a pretty.

I am torn... Part of me wants a prize... but CB Hybrids tho... Like Prize dragon or CB Hellhorse or CB Avatar of destruction. This is a tough choice. Hoping I win. I need some help making shinies and another shiny to help make more shinies for throwing at unsuspecting victims gifting to random people is always nice.

Hahaha~ I like the humor in this topic! it helps with all the waiting... laugh.gif

Anyway, the amount of prizes given out this year will definitely help the trading topics get some sort of balance.. i don't know how it will go.

I was sad to see HMs disappear this year but who knows? TJ may do another sort of thing with only HMs as prizes... idk.

Last year i was very amazingly fortunate to win a prize. He is still a stubborn breeder. rolleyes.gif I do get very hesitant about trading his offspring sometimes because i want his line to be rare to a certain extent (special) and not one that becomes common. I can't explain it but thats the way i feel I guess.

This year i hope some of my friends may win one or a family member who plays DC also. Everyone has an equal chance of winning even though the odds are low. Good Luck!

(I'm in the same boat as everyone else... Eagerly waiting to see if an email comes...)

/IF/ however i did win again (unlikely though) im hoping maybe a silver shimmer. I seem to like shimmers better than tinsels but i do like both breeds and variants of colours. I'd make it female and a mate for my boy. <3 I do have a few special codes in mind! smile.gif

Good luck everyone!

~CG

Edited by CoolGirl12

I must not check my email.

*checks it*

*is checking email in time with the five minute releases*

My pattern has been

Check email (awwww...)

Check here (phew!)

Wait a few hours, rinse, repeat.

*checks it*

Mine has more of been something like...

Can't check thread.

Can't check thread.

Can't check thread.

Nope, can't check thread. *checking thread*

Except the more I check this thread the more I feel that I'll feel bad if I don't win xd.png It's also midnight here. uuughh i need to go to beeedddd T~T

I think I'm going to have to join Compulsive E-mail and Thread Checkers Anonymous unsure.gif Trying to convince myself it's breathless anticipation isn't working anymore, not when I go and level alien opponents in games and all I can thing about the whole time is dragons . . .

Yes - it's hard not to check, just in case!

I knowwwww sad.gif

Edited by shadowfighter

I don't check the thread, I live in it. tongue.gif

Edit: Clearer phrasing.

Edited by Tehya Faye

TJ is online! I repeat, TJ IS ONLINE!

It must be a false alarm... Besides, I don't want him on Dragon Cave right now, I want him on his email account telling me I won all six hundred prizes. biggrin.gif

Guis. TJ is the admin of the site. He's got plenty of reasons to be online. I know it's hard, but you're just going to have to wait. The emails will be sent when they are sent. =)

I don't  check the thread, I live in it.  tongue.gif

Edit: Clearer phrasing.

LOL that sounds like me right about now... XDDD At least I feel that way right now. I'm up at almost 12:30 AM still on for this THREAD! xd.png How crazy am I?

EDIT: As for what Sock says, I agree; I'm pretty sure he has other things to do since this is his forum. =P

Edited by Kira-san