TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Hoping to not only win, but to get a Shimmerscale, gold or silver, because those are my favorite of the prize dragons. I'd prefer a CB Holly, but I think the CB option of other dragons has been shot down for this round, right?

Edited by Dream_Thief

Hoping to not only win, but to get a Shimmerscale, gold or silver, because those are my favorite of the prize dragons. I'd prefer a CB Holly, but I think the CB option of other dragons has been shot down for this round, right?

Yes no Cbs of other breed this go round.

Here are both genders, if you haven't seen them~ Really should finish collecting my Moonstone prizekin someday...

Actually, since the majority of CB Prizes are known, it's very easy to count how many are around of each gender. (Though with so many it might take a bit of time.) For example, of the 17 known CB Gold Tinsels, 11 are female and 6 are male. Gold Shimmers are more balanced with 9 female and 10 male.

I meant it was hard to judge just by looking at any given player's collection of prizes and tracing back to the CB Prize. But I didn't know there were such small numbers that it'd be that easy to count. Interesting. So it does appear that at least in those groups females DO dominate. I wonder why.

Since I'm dead tired and very bored, I tried to count them all. Based on the ones that appear on the wiki:

user posted image

It seems to be pretty balanced

This is fascinating, thank you! While overall the numbers are close to balanced, yes, I notice that for gold and silver tinsels, females have a definite lead, whereas the shimmers are very close and only silvers have more female than males. I wonder if people really preferred females for gold and silver tinsel or if the unknown ones would, if counted, balance things out?

Edited by Lurhstaap

If you ask me I would attribute it to the fact that the userbase of most petsites are predominately female so maybe that's why there are more with female sprites. It's an interesting speculation anyway!

If my snowballs chance in hell actually happened and I won I'd accept any of the prizes but this is my order of preference:

1. Silver Tinsel.

2. Gold Tinsel.

3. Bronze Tinsel

4. Gold Shimmerscale

5. Bronze Shimmerscale

6. Silver Shimmerscale.

Woah that is exactly in the order I would prefer, too! tongue.gif

If you ask me I would attribute it to the fact that the userbase of most petsites are predominately female so maybe that's why there are more with female sprites. It's an interesting speculation anyway!

Dunno about anyone else, but Luckiest Catch is female because *she* chose to be! tongue.gif I figured my catching that egg was a matter of chance and the gender should be too, so I let nature take its course. It's probably different when people have won and picked specific codes and backstories for their prizes, though. smile.gif

(Though yes, I *am* female too! xd.png)

I'm a female but honestly it depends on what I win. Bronze its gonna be male, silver its female. Gold I'm letting fate and chance same

Dunno about anyone else, but Luckiest Catch is female because *she* chose to be! tongue.gif I figured my catching that egg was a matter of chance and the gender should be too, so I let nature take its course. It's probably different when people have won and picked specific codes and backstories for their prizes, though. smile.gif

(Though yes, I *am* female too! xd.png)

Honestly, I would do the same thing. I would just let the DragonCave nature do its thing. Let the dragon choose its gender xd.png

I'm a female but honestly it depends on what I win. Bronze its gonna be male, silver its female. Gold I'm letting fate and chance same

I'd let gold be fate, but Silver would be male and Bronze female. I have two different lineages planned. smile.gif

Unless I get a silver Shimmerscale I'm gonna let the DC Gods decide what gender I get. If it's a Silver Shimmer I'll possibly influence it to be male, since I think it'd look okay with Mistletoes.

Well, I have no lineages planned, so if I even get one, then I'll see what I can do from there.

I'm wondering why this is taking so long.

Surely TJ can just write six different emails and BCC them.

It should be the replies that take forever not the notifications.

Unless I get a silver Shimmerscale I'm gonna let the DC Gods decide what gender I get. If it's a Silver Shimmer I'll possibly influence it to be male, since I think it'd look okay with Mistletoes.

Ahh! I wasn't the only one! If its a Bronze its gonna be female so I can breed her with my 2014 Halloween Dragons. (Which all gendered male.)

Does anyone know around what time the e-mails go out..?

There is no set time. It's whenever TJ is ready/able.

Ahh! I wasn't the only one! If its a Bronze its gonna be female so I can breed her with my 2014 Halloween Dragons. (Which all gendered male.)

Ooh, I hadn't thought of bronze tinsels with Desipis dragons. That does look pretty nice. smile.gif My desipis gendered evenly, so I could still let the prize gender as it pleases.

Edit: The Bronze Shimmer doesn't look too bad with them either.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Ooh, I hadn't thought of bronze tinsels with Desipis dragons. That does look pretty nice. smile.gif My desipis gendered evenly, so I could still let the prize gender as it pleases.

Edit: The Bronze Shimmer doesn't look too bad with them either.

I was actually thinking of the Shimmers with them, the light forms to contrast the heaviness of the Desipis.

I don't think it works that way. I think each prize has to be coded to individual scrolls so the right people get what they are supposed to get.

I was actually thinking of the Shimmers with them, the light forms to contrast the heaviness of the Desipis.

Indeed, I noticed that after trying a Bronze Shimmer with the Desipis in a lineage tool. They're both really detailed dragons too, which keeps one from looking out of place next to the other.

I'm pretty sure emails are going to go out tomorrow. That way more people have a chance to see them when they get there (because weekend). Also I doubt DC is TJ's only job and setting things up to message 600 people has got to be a little on the tedious side.

Though chances are he just wrote a script to get everything started.

Yup, they do look good together, at least in my opinion laugh.gif

I would be happy about any CB prize dragon. If I could choose one I'd probably choose Silver or Gold, but there's no way I'd be less happy about a Bronze wink.gif

Edited by Ashtoret

I find this post rude.

It takes time to individually post 600 people, with the individual codes for the dragons.

Then it takes time to have the winners replay back.

Also its been not even been a day.

Be patient.

Edited by Taryn123

Thinking about it, and I know the reason why trading the prizes was disabled...

BUT

Has any prize-winners ever swapped prizes? Like *if* I ever did win a prize - let's say a Silver Shimmer-Scale - and trading wasn't disabled I would soooo try to trade it for a Silver Tinsel. Has that ever happened? I'm sure people who won prefer either Western or Eastern over the other...

Probably not since the special codes and such...lol.