TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

What are Eastern and Western dragons? Do they have a different name on-site, or?

Shimmers and Tinsels, respectively.

We're assuming that they'll be the same Prize dragons as previously. smile.gif

Edit: ninja.gif ed, said the snail!

Edited by Syphoneira

No email for me (yet). So according to some posts on here I can't humanely put my hopes down for a week? The poor things are lingering on in pain smile.gif

No email for me (yet). So according to some posts on here I can't humanely put my hopes down for a week? The poor things are lingering on in pain smile.gif

Not really hoping on anything myself.

The chances are so slim that I won't win anyway ^^;

What are Eastern and Western dragons? Do they have a different name on-site, or?

On the Encyclopedia they are called Eastern Prize Dragon and Western Prize Dragon, but most people refer to the Easterns as Shimmers or Shimmerscales and the Westerns as Tinsels. You are most likely familiar with the breeds under their more common names.

Edited by Lurhstaap

There's enough going on right now. Let's just try to get through this 600 prize fiasco in one piece so we can all go back to being friends for Valentines Day.

Aw man. I just bought a custom mouth-guard and queued up "O Fortuna".

But that is the fun of February - having all those make-up dragons. xd.png

OOh I hope.. but then again i can't even win a chook raffle lol

Everyone has there hopes for the raffle.

It's just a thing. unsure.gif

Last year, TJ gave us the first Raffle info on Jan 12 and the updated info on February 2. Just as an example. So we'll have to hang tight for a while.

Too bad patience isn't my long suit!

Sorry.....grammar police here. It's "strong suit".

Nope, it's a term used in bridge. And it is NOT an error of grammar. Ahem, and I quote from the internet bridge dictionary:

Long suit

1) In a hand, the suit with the greatest number of cards. Seldom used of a suit with fewer than five cards.

2) Any suit of unusual length.

I checked and there IS no entry for strong suit.

Edited by Ayelldee

What about being giftable?

Will someone be able to gift a prize egg to another player - be it a family member or just someone they are close to?

Will someone be able to gift a prize egg to another player - be it a family member or just someone they are close to?

Presumably not. No trading means, you know, no teleports.

You could always drop it in the AP and hope they are fast enough to pick it up...

Are you talking about the original Prize or a descendant? No to the original Prize and of course to any of its descendants.

I don't think they would be able to. :s

Sorry.....grammar police here. It's "strong suit".

Nope, it's a term used in bridge. And it is NOT an error of grammar. Ahem, and I quote from the internet bridge dictionary:

"Strong suit" and "long suit" are both idioms, meaning the exact same thing. wink.gif

Edited by counselor

Long suit

1) In a hand, the suit with the greatest number of cards. Seldom used of a suit with fewer than five cards.

2) Any suit of unusual length.

@Ayelldee:

Well, I'm no native speaker, but I'm familiar with the term "something being someone's strong suit" for something they are good at. And I never heard of a "long suit" in that context. (Which doesn't mean that it isn't used, just that it might be less common in the English I know.)

I have no idea what the "internet bridge dictionary" may be. The "Cambridge Dictionaries Online" know the "strong suit", though. As do most others, I'd presume.

@topic:

Whatever kind of suit they are wearing, I bet everyone has a hard time being patient when it comes to The Raffle. wink.gif I know I have. But I confess, I think a lot less about it now that that HMs are out. I was pondering what to choose if it might come to that (so many great options), but now I can sit back and just see if I get a Prize or not. (And hope that IF I get one it'll be a Shimmer. wub.gif)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

IF I'll get a prize my dream would be a silver tinsel.

But I'd be definitely happy with another color / a shimmer tongue.gif

@Ayelldee:

Well, I'm no native speaker, but I'm familiar with the term "something being someone's strong suit" for something they are good at. And I never heard of a "long suit" in that context. (Which doesn't mean that it isn't used, just that it might be less common in the English I know.)

I have no idea what the "internet bridge dictionary" may be. The "Cambridge Dictionaries Online" know the "strong suit", though. As do most others, I'd presume.

@topic:

Whatever kind of suit they are wearing, I bet everyone has a hard time being patient when it comes to The Raffle. wink.gif I know I have. But I confess, I think a lot less about it now that that HMs are out. I was pondering what to choose if it might come to that (so many great options), but now I can sit back and just see if I get a Prize or not. (And hope that IF I get one it'll be a Shimmer. wub.gif)

Bridge is a card game. I'm assuming they were talking about an internet dictionary full of terms for said card game. That being said, I know nothing about bridge aside from the fact that it's a card game so I've never heard of the "long suit" phrase.

D'aawwww.... no more CB Hollies and CB Hybrids? sad.gif

Oh well.. does not mean I would not be happy to win anyways. ;P Best of luck to everyone!

So... wait, when will winners be e-mailed?

I really hope I win this year. ;n;

I can see why the trading of the eggs has been removed, so multi-scrolling to get a higher chance at a prize is useless. But I think it's a drawback that people who win eastern and want western - or vice versa - can no longer swap prizes.

Also: why no HM? sad.gif

Didn't want to have CB Avatars? ;P

Edited by Shroomlet