TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Thanks for the update TJ! Hopefully this will be my lucky year, it's the first time I feel I have a chance since I joined the cave in 2008. Best of luck everyone!

(fingers crossed)

I just cleared out my entire email. Inbox, outbox, junk. I won't get anything I know, but it can't hurt to hope.

Thank you for the update. Sad to hear about the lack of HM spots, but I suppose thems the breaks. Congrats to all of the winners.

EDIT: Just realized the bit about not being able to trade them. That's just ridiculous. I'm sure people are going to hate on me for saying that, but if someone actually wins this snowball's-chance raffle and decides they want to trade their egg, that's their gig. They should be able to. Blah. -,-"

Edited by Riannon

Wow, that's a lot of prize dragons! ohmy.gif

Congrats to all the winners!

Edited by kleptomaniac

Once adults, they will be like any other Dragon. Breed 'em as you please, and abandon or trade or keep the offspring.

Thank you, TJ, for clearing that up so quickly...

Thanks, TJ! I doubt I'll be lucky enough but it's nice to know that even more have a chance at winning this year. Congrats to all the winners! smile.gif

Thanks TJ! There are a lot of prizes this year. I wonder if this is related to an increased number of new users. I hope so, I always wish Dragon Cave could become more famous xd.png

No HM? I'm quite sad for this, but I think there is a good reason behind, I trust you.

You forgot to mention if the winners can pick out their own codes for the dragons.

Wow, so many prizes. Shame about the no HMs. Good about the no trading (of the prize dragon itself). All in all ... I like it

Wow, big number of Prizes!

Though it's a bit sad not getting new CB Hollies...

But Thank you TJ, hoping to get a mail this year.

Awesome, so many winners.

Thank you, TJ! Good luck to all smile.gif

glad to hear of the increased prize pool! a bit bummed that it's gonna be tinsels and shimmers only, but beggars can't be choosers C;

If nothing else, this should make it a lot easier to trade for 2nd- and 3rd-gen Prizes. Still crossing my fingers that I win, but either way this is nice. biggrin.gif

Is anyone else kind of dismayed by the lack of HMs? (Also, choosing a code - can we? Can't we?)

Nice to see a much larger Prize pool - I'm sure the RNG will manage to dodge me as usual, though. tongue.gif

EDIT: Just realized the bit about not being able to trade them. That's just ridiculous. I'm sure people are going to hate on me for saying that, but if someone actually wins this snowball's-chance raffle and decides they want to trade their egg, that's their gig. They should be able to. Blah. -,-"

No need for hate, I suspect that's to prevent multiscrollers from transferring any eggs won on a multi to their main scroll.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I'm happy about the larger pool of prizes, but really sad that no new breed was added this year. I was looking forward to a new breed to spice up the economy; without new ultra-rares like prizes, nothing really changes.

I'm kinda indifferent toward the lack of an Honorable a Mention tier, though; on the one hand, choosing will be less difficult for winners and the prizes will be distributed faster. On the other, winners who don't want the stress of a prize, would rather have a currently unobtainable breed (Frill, CB Unobtainable such as Avatars and hybrids), or otherwise don't particularly like the prize dragons doesn't have a backup option to fall on.

Hopefully there'll be an HM-only raffle at some point later in the year.

Edited by PieMaster

Is anyone else kind of dismayed by the lack of HMs? (Also, choosing a code - can we? Can't we?)

I really wanted a CB change avatar with a cool code sad.gif

Well... Here's to hoping I win for the first time ever this year.

Doubtful.... there are over 200k subscribers. I'm putting the odds at about a 0.002% chance. So not a hope in hades. But we can all dream can't we?

Good bye honorable mention. I knew thee well.

Though this is better with a larger pool of winners. I'm assuming that we can't upgrade the prize as well? (There's no mention of it)

Is anyone else kind of dismayed by the lack of HMs?

I'm assuming here that they will be obtainable in a different way. But yes, I'm a bit dissapointed.

Is there any way to confirm your email address short of changing it?

If it's the "site" email (ie, dragcave.net not here on the forums), then when you go to the Account page and click on Account Settings, it's listed down at the very bottom. smile.gif

You can always check your email address here on the forums by clicking "My Controls" up in the top right. It's at the very top of the page there. smile.gif

Hope that helps. ♥

No need for hate, I suspect that's to prevent multiscrollers from transferring any eggs won on a multi to their main scroll.

EDIT: Just noticed this, apologies. xd.png

If having an opinion that is contrary to decisions made is hating, then I guess I'm guilty. =\ I think people should be able to do what they want with their dragons and I will not apologize for holding that belief. I also do not believe that it would be a very effective measure against multiscrolling, since people do that anyway and apparently it's easy enough to get around. *shrug* Ah, well. Decision's been made, I wished only to voice that not everyone agrees with it. I am accustomed to being in the minority here. xd.png

Edited by Riannon

Tests forum and scroll emails nervously.

Sends to self in both directions...

YES - both work.

VERY pleased to see that the prizes cannot be traded xd.png And sure - HMs were nice - but the increased number of shinies should do a lot to drive down silly trade values biggrin.gif

Is there any way to confirm your email address short of changing it?

Assuming you have more than one - send to yourself.

If you haven't - create a temporary guerillamail one and send from that. If it doesn't arrive - THEN worry.

Edited by fuzzbucket