TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I don't really like the lack of HM winners, but that's mainly for selfish reasons because I'd want one of those if I were to win. But since I most probably won't, then whatever. It'll be interesting to see the effect of this...

I'm curious about the effect to. What will this do to the values/rarities? Will there be problems with such a large number? Will we see floods of prizes over the next year? And what of next year? Will there be another 20 suggestion threads relating to prize dragons because it's never enough? Will there be a further increase? Will there be no HM's next year too? Will it effect the value/rarity of the dragons frequently pick with HM's?

I need to know these things, but I don't have a time machine, so I'm busying myself with a lovely puzzle of a teddy bear.

I wonder if this will increase the value of my female holly due to the lack of new ones.

I wonder if this will increase the value of my female holly due to the lack of new ones.

HMs will be awarded via a different method I think.

If I get one, I'd probably just breed eggs and either AP em to lucky folks or give em out on Departures. I would also fill requests tongue.gif.

Yeah, I'd definitely want to keep mine a secret too. All those poor winners have their babies viewbombed and are often bombarded with PMs.

I would want mine view bombed but I wouldn't accept trades until the baby was grown.

*coughs* already held the name I want*

I'm curious about the effect to. What will this do to the values/rarities? Will there be problems with such a large number? Will we see floods of prizes over the next year? And what of next year? Will there be another 20 suggestion threads relating to prize dragons because it's never enough? Will there be a further increase? Will there be no HM's next year too? Will it effect the value/rarity of the dragons frequently pick with HM's?

I need to know these things, but I don't have a time machine, so I'm busying myself with a lovely puzzle of a teddy bear.

Well, some of the prize suggestions are still unlocked. And we can only speculate about values and rarities of prizes and HMs for now. HMs are obviously rare, but it doesn't seem like people ask for offspring all that often unless they are Christmas breeds. I do hope that HMs come back available in some other form, though.

I hope you are having fun with your puzzle. laugh.gif

Woah, Thanks Tj!

Edit: Anyone know how many members are actually in the raffle? Cause 600 seems quite a bit imo.

Edited by ImHelpFul

Thanks TJ.

Good luck to everyone and here's crossing fingers that I might be lucky this year.

Well, some of the prize suggestions are still unlocked. And we can only speculate about values and rarities of prizes and HMs for now. HMs are obviously rare, but it doesn't seem like people ask for offspring all that often unless they are Christmas breeds. I do hope that HMs come back available in some other form, though.

I hope you are having fun with your puzzle. laugh.gif

HM? What is that?

Honorable Mentions. It's how some people were able to get CB Hybrids and CB holidays they had missed.

HM? What is that?

Hm = Honorable Mention. Its where the people who were chosen for hm get to chose a cb dragon of any kind (With limitations of course)

Edit : ninja.gif'd

Edited by ImHelpFul

*crosses fingers* *dreams of a golden tinsel*

ahhhhh~ high hopes this year like all the last. good luck everyone ^^

Honestly I don't have any opinion on no HMs this year. If I would've won that, I'd probably get myself a beautiful CB alt black.

Hmmm, if I win, I will most likely do some prize for prize trades of the offspring until I have one of each kind for both Western and Eastern (2nd gens I mean, I have all six in some form xd.png) and then I'll gift most of the rest of the second gens away, drop the babies to the AP as a surprise and also drop and gift a bunch of nice lineages from my prize, if I were to win.

Edited by DarkPhoenixInnocent

If I won, whatever it was, I'd be grateful, and I'd be nice and breed it with some of my CB's to create a second gen line, or depending on what I get, if anything, start a new lineage. I don't know, but I can dream right? rolleyes.gif

Hyped. Definitely hyped. I'm hoping for a Silver and I already have 4+ ideas for custom codes, none of which are taken.

Good luck, have fun, etc. tongue.gif

Good to know the raffle is ready. Thanks for drawing so many people TJ! If I got one I would fog it straight away and then viewbomb it when its below 4 days (better safe than sorry).

Good to know the raffle is ready. Thanks for drawing so many people TJ! If I got one I would fog it straight away and then viewbomb it when its below 4 days (better safe than sorry).

They're protected from sickness so there's no need to worry about that. smile.gif

Think I have the same plans as most of you if I luck out and get one: hide my scroll for my eggs' sake, stick the prize in all the hatcheries just to see how high I can get her stats, and start trading off 2Gs when she's grown. I've yet to get my hands on any CB metals or Neglecteds after all.

Oh yeah, and if I actually win she's gonna be a girl.

Definitely won't be doing any IOUs if I actually get one, between my family and my senior year of high school I'm already near my breaking point.

Not sure what I'd end up breeding her to if I get one, something that will actually breed shinies but that wouldn't be a pain to get a CB of for the sake of the owners of her children. Maybe one of the older breeds.

I know exactly what her code will be if custom codes are allowed this year. Haven't decided on a name yet, probably end up doing another misspelling of a name from Final Fantasy. *briefly glances at Bahamyt the GoN*

Anyway, hope the emails go out soon. Gotta get off this computer before I go crazy making plans that may not happen.

I'm thrilled by this substantial increase on the potential breeding pool.

Thank you very much, TJ. And good luck to everybody.

*anticipation intensifies*

Please please please let me be a winner this year...

I have SO MANY PLANS if I win. So many, man.

All the plans. All of them.

YEAH!!!!!!!!

As an attempt to strike a discussion that's a bit more positive then "I didn't win"

If you were to win a CB Prize, what would you do with it? I'd probably breed second gens to put on the giveaway threads in the Trading section

I'd do what I am now doing with the Prize I won last year:

Gift the eggs with priority going to those without 2nd gen. prize dragons (or any prize dragons), then to those with only a few, then to everyone else.

Of course, prize-kin eggs would go to whomever wanted them.

Part of me hopes I win again so I can spread the love - this part of me hopes I win something besides another Bronze Tinsel (though I won't complain if I do - Riven gets a younger sibling) - another part of me hopes I don't so others have a chance