TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

Has the backup winners been nonified if they won cause some of the winners havent didn't want theirs

Edited by merkat12

Has the backup winners been nonified if they won cause some of the winners havent didn't want theirs

I doubt it.

I would assume that there would have been an announcement of the fact, IF they had been.

Lol, the winners get a couple of weeks to respond, I believe.

After this, a redraw gets done. smile.gif

Winners got their emails last sunday (the 18th) and have two weeks from then to answer.

I'd guess the backups would be contacted sometime after that.

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays. It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way. The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Bronze Tinsel Combinations

Bronze Shimmer Combinations

Silver Tinsel Combinations

Silver Shimmer Combinations

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Gold Shimmer Combinations

Ack, I had almost settled on breeding with a Golden Wyvern... but I like the Winter Seasonal paired with the Bronze Tinsel. The colours contrast each other nicely.

Now I'm all confused again. xd.png

Two weeks from the contact date would be in February. So you've got until at least February 1 to wait.

Edit: I meant the contact date. Fixed.

On an unrelated note, I'm really glad that a lot of older players ( and ones whose names I recognize) are coming forward and saying they've won. It gives me hope. Hahaha!

Edited by Jazeki

I'm holding out hope that I'm on the backup list and that my name is drawn. I probably shouldn't do this to myself but I can't stop hoping to get something. The 15th was actually when the first round of winners were drawn, so it should be 2 weeks from that date. That'd put the redraw at the 30th of January, with the new winners announced by the 1st if TJ waits 3 days again.

Last year, the first group of eggs showed up on peoples' scrolls the first few days of February, so the 1st-5th seems like a good time frame to aim for if you're already a winner. That's right before Valentine's breeding, so you guys should be good and things should at least be hatched by then, freeing up your scroll.

Judging by the stolen-on date of a dragon I know was a redraw, and from what I remember last year, the backup winners get only about a week to respond to their emails, which puts them getting their eggs during the week of Valentine breeding. So if you end up being a redraw, don't lock yourself that week.

So during the first half of February, be careful about putting shinies in hatcheries!

(Actually, start being careful now since there have already been reports of viewbombing)

I'm holding out hope that I'm on the backup list and that my name is drawn. I probably shouldn't do this to myself but I can't stop hoping to get something. The 15th was actually when the first round of winners were drawn, so it should be 2 weeks from that date. That'd put the redraw at the 30th of January, with the new winners announced by the 1st if TJ waits 3 days again.

Last year, the first group of eggs showed up on peoples' scrolls the first few days of February, so the 1st-5th seems like a good time frame to aim for if you're already a winner. That's right before Valentine's breeding, so you guys should be good and things should at least be hatched by then, freeing up your scroll.

Judging by the stolen-on date of a dragon I know was a redraw, and from what I remember last year, the backup winners get only about a week to respond to their emails, which puts them getting their eggs during the week of Valentine breeding. So if you end up being a redraw, don't lock yourself that week.

So during the first half of February, be careful about putting shinies in hatcheries!

(Actually, start being careful now since there have already been reports of viewbombing)

That is sort of the thing. I am not holding out hopes for the redraw.

IF it happens to me, I daresay I'd be as surprised as ANYBODY. xd.png

Thanks to whomever it was that first provided the link to check if you win or not! sleep.gifthumbs_up.png

(Sorry, this thread's too long for me to remember/follow all of it!)

Does anyone have this link? Because I'm pathetic & paranoid & need to make 100% sure. ^___^;;;

Does anyone have this link? Because I'm pathetic & paranoid & need to make 100% sure. ^___^;;;

http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle

"Sorry, you were not selected as a winner in the 2014 Holiday Raffle." dry.gif

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays. It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way. The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Bronze Tinsel Combinations

Bronze Shimmer Combinations

Silver Tinsel Combinations

Silver Shimmer Combinations

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Gold Shimmer Combinations

OMG yes! Thank you Shades!

Now I can sit down and actually compare to see what my girl will actually look like with her potential mates! I'm such a visual person it's not even funny! sleep.gif

I still love the Blue Coppers I think but those Almandines look kinda cool. One's almost really bright while the former is soft and complimentary.

Ack decisions decisions!

The 15th may have been when they were drawn, but I seriously doubt that the deadline mentioned in the email would be "two weeks minus three days when I told no one they'd won and I'm not mentioning it here, lol!" huh.gif So I'm assuming the re-draws won't be until the first week of February at the earliest.

Prizes are already being viewbombed blink.gif

Or maybe it's just me...

I dunno,mine are OK, BUT I have been watching mine like a hawk, though so... maybe it is.

*sighs* I think I've got a problem.

-someone posts the raffle check link-

Fiona knows it's not going to change what it says, at least until the second round goes out. It's not likely to then either, but certainly not before.

Fiona tells herself not to bother clicking the link. Because it isn't going to be any different than the last dozen times she clicked the link.

*click*

Anyway, I enjoyed looking through shadesofchaos' linked breed combos. I love how so many of them look together.

I have absolutely no problem towards newer players winning, but it's also nice for me to see older users that I've been acquainted with on the forums saying they've won. It's not like winning myself of course, but in a way it seems like it. Like seeing a good friend have something wonderful happen. You just get an extra dose of happy for them.

OMG yes! Thank you Shades!

Now I can sit down and actually compare to see what my girl will actually look like with her potential mates! I'm such a visual person it's not even funny! sleep.gif

I still love the Blue Coppers I think but those Almandines look kinda cool. One's almost really bright while the former is soft and complimentary.

Ack decisions decisions!

Hahaha you're welcome! I'm the same as you...I'm all about the visuals. I'm really glad I ended up doing this project :3 originally I only did the breeds I liked since the chart was just for me, but I figured other people might benefit from the same thing and then it would only be fair to include ALL the breeds. I wasn't sure if anyone else would actually find it useful, so I love seeing so many people who are using it and finding new, unique breed combinations they like ^__^

If anyone would be interested in a chart showing all the breeds with silver/gold metallics, I have charts for that as well...

Does the "Did I win" link for dragcave still exist? I remember there being a link in previous raffles that you could click to see if you won. It'd take you to another dragcave page with the answer.

I just ask because my inbox is a censorkip.gif of a place, and digging through 200 emails to see if I won is... kind of intimidating. I've glanced through the first 50 and saw nothing, so I don't think I did, but just to be safe >_>;;

Congrats to all winners! I didn't won anything but that's ok for me.

Anyway it would be awesome if new prize dragons are released next year. What about prize amphipteres or wingless dragons.

Does the "Did I win" link for dragcave still exist? I remember there being a link in previous raffles that you could click to see if you won. It'd take you to another dragcave page with the answer.

I just ask because my inbox is a censorkip.gif of a place, and digging through 200 emails to see if I won is... kind of intimidating. I've glanced through the first 50 and saw nothing, so I don't think I did, but just to be safe >_>;;

http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle

Hahaha you're welcome! I'm the same as you...I'm all about the visuals. I'm really glad I ended up doing this project :3 originally I only did the breeds I liked since the chart was just for me, but I figured other people might benefit from the same thing and then it would only be fair to include ALL the breeds. I wasn't sure if anyone else would actually find it useful, so I love seeing so many people who are using it and finding new, unique breed combinations they like ^__^

If anyone would be interested in a chart showing all the breeds with silver/gold metallics, I have charts for that as well...

Yeah see in my head I can totally imagine that they MIGHT look awesome together but in actual execution it'll be "eh not so much" moment.

I'm seriously tempted to consider that my prize may keep a male harem lol There seem to be too many with the new dragons (and maybe the new ones to come) that'll turn out to be awesome with her in the end.

As for that metallics chart...

*coughmecough*

xd.png

i am one of the people who just keeps clicking the link, even though it's already told me i didn't win. WHEN WILL YOU CHANGE, YOU MOCKING LINE OF TEXT?!!

i am also one of the people grateful for the nice charts of lineages, very awesome.

...hmm...now i have to wonder why the male lineages drive downward, and the females drive upwards....mildly baffling mystry.

After going over all the images, I think my favorite bronze shimmer mate is the Brute! The rich wine-colored purples and reds blend beautifully with the metallic bronze. Does anybody have an example lineage? This is going to be one of the pairings that never throws a shiny, isn't it.

I like that there are only the two breeds of prize dragons, to be honest. It means as more go into circulation, there's more of a chance for players to get nice ones.The actual rarity will still even back out over time, as more users join, prize owners become inactive/don't breed/don't trade or gift. smile.gif

After going over all the images, I think my favorite bronze shimmer mate is the Brute!  The rich wine-colored purples and reds blend beautifully with the metallic bronze.  Does anybody have an example lineage?  This is going to be one of the pairings that never throws a shiny, isn't it.

You do know that whatever we choose is either going to go this way and I've a sneaking suspicion how my luck will go:

1. We choose our genders for our prizes and influence accordingly, due to a female/male specific mate we've chosen for them.

A. Our Prizes will throw the influence and gender wrong thus ruining our original plan/lineages.

Thus we are stuck with picking a new mate at the last minute.

OR

2. We influence them accordingly due to a female/male specific mate we've chosen for them.

B.Our prizes will gender correctly, but refuse their mate.

Then we go to:

C.We get a mate they mate to and they never give us a shiny... Ever.

I am waiting for myself to fall into all these categories lol

The Bronzes with the Brutes are nice though. I think they need muted mates to look nice in their lineages.