TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I'm assuming that all the initial emails have been sent out. And once again, I didn't win. I've been here longer than most of you. Entered every raffle, participated in every event. sigh. Maybe it's just time to leave.

Or maybe next year will be your lucky year? smile.gif You never know!

Congratulations to everyone who won! happy.gif

*puts on party hat for the conga line of losers* I'm certain next year will be my year, I can feel it xd.png

Frodo will be a very lovely girl with lovely curly locks! biggrin.gif

I keep worrying that I'll accidentally influence Zuko wrong, and he will have a sex change. O.O

Haha! This made me laugh but i do know that i hate when gender influence goes wrong! blink.gifunsure.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

I've bred Gold shimmer x Thunder before and it does look quite good.. biggrin.gif Same with Magma x Shimmer.

What other lineages are you guys looking forward to seeing?

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays. It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way. The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Bronze Tinsel Combinations

Bronze Shimmer Combinations

Silver Tinsel Combinations

Silver Shimmer Combinations

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Gold Shimmer Combinations

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays.  It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way.  The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Wow! Though I must admit a male hellfire and a female hellfire line would look significantly different.

Edited by MessengerDragon

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays. It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way. The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Gold Tinsel Combinations

I really like the look of the pink/silver shimmer, which is likely to be one of my main breeding lines for my new baby.

Wow! Though I must admit a mat.le hellfire and a female hellfire line would look significantly different

Both male and female hellfires are shown (as are other breeds that have significant color differences between the two genders, like nebulae and ridgewings) just not right next to each other since I decided to sort based on color instead of breed smile.gif the female hellfires are at the very top left with the reds and the males are towards the middle with the blues.

I really like the look of the pink/silver shimmer, which is likely to be one of my main breeding lines for my new baby.

I think my favorite silver shimmer pairings are with magi, red nebulae, and sunsong :3 I love how silver looks with the more fiery and vibrant oranges/reds/purples/pinks ^__^

Edited by shadesofchaos

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Thank you so much for sharing these charts with us!!! Its incredibly helpful for choosing pairs for my Tinsel. There are many I never even considered that look really lovely.

I went through and looked at everything in Neglected Dragons to see what I liked. LOL. Of course, most of my favourite combinations are with commons. >_>

Thank you so much for sharing these charts with us!!! Its incredibly helpful for choosing pairs for my Tinsel. There are many I never even considered that look really lovely.

You're very welcome! And I agree completely...personally I never would have thought to pair any of them with fever wyverns, whiptails, waterhorse, or water dragons (all of which ended up looking good with every one of the sprites) and I have a new desire to get a whole bunch of fever wyvern and waterhorse lines if any prize owners are crazy enough to try to get shinies from them X'D

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Ooohhh I see you have my favourite on there, gold shimmer x stripe! I would love to do a swap with a generous gold shimmer owner for one of those. wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Also, I'd love to know what cookies ameth feeds Geumseol Menoth, not one single fail in there: http://dragcave.net/progeny/happy blink.gif

So I've done this for myself, where I photoshop one breed (usually a prize or silver/gold metallic) with 10 - 20 of my favorite breeds to create a visual that helps me easily see which ones look best together...but I decided it might be useful for other people to see the prizes (both types, all three colors) with every possible breed combination - not including holidays.  It took awhile (good lord, I didn't realize there would be roughly 100 possible combos O_O) but I'm pretty sure I'm finally finished! tongue.gif

I'm a bit particular about everything needing to be the same except for the non-prize mate, so ignore the fact that all the prizes seem to be named 'Hypnotizing' and that I didn't change the direction of the stair for certain genders that would normally only be able to go the other way.  The charts are just meant to be a visual for people to see how the color combinations look.

Gold Tinsel Combinations

I saw some pairs that I'll definitely try out, thank you for the inspiration! smile.gif

Considering how nice the atmosphere has been in this years' raffle, I feel like I dare to come out now. That email has made several of my days now, and I can't wait until my little cb golden Shimmerscale egg is sitting on my scroll! It is my number one favorite of the prize dragons too! biggrin.gif

I'm assuming that all the initial emails have been sent out. And once again, I didn't win. I've been here longer than most of you. Entered every raffle, participated in every event. sigh. Maybe it's just time to leave.

Why leave? I think the raffles are more fair now then when they first started. Now it's just luck, a random draw. I've been here longer than you, and I finally won this year. Next year may be your lucky year! You never know unless you stick around to see. smile.gif

Edited by buckskinmist

Gold Tinsel Combinations

Thank you for showing us this.

I've saved the bronze shimmer to my laptop, so i can use the sheet for a reference.

I love those images, thank you! Fevers + Silver Tinsels is amazing, definitely one of my very favorites.

As expected silver shimmers look amazing with every super common on DC. *Dies* I sense many shimmer fails in my future because now I kinda want to breed Fey with every breed in existance. x.x Oh the horror!

Guess what happended to me - I've been playing for ~6/7 years now and have taken part in every raffle...and then there's my little sister, visiting dc perhaps once a month and she won. She doesn't even have a forums account as far as I know. ^^ Nah I'm not angry, this little late christmas gift made her happy...how could anyone be angry then. xP Congrats everyone, and everyone else: More luck next year for us. ^^

Guess what happended to me - I've been playing for ~6/7 years now and have taken part in every raffle...and then there's my little sister, visiting dc perhaps once a month and she won. She doesn't even have a forums account as far as I know. ^^ Nah I'm not angry, this little late christmas gift made her happy...how could anyone be angry then. xP Congrats everyone, and everyone else: More luck next year for us. ^^

Concratulations to your sister!

I dont know if breeding silver shimmer with old pink is good idea :/

I'm not sure if I should do this biggrin.gif

Why not? You can do whatever you like with your prize. Besides people who have old pinks could continue it and people with new pinks could too if you do an alternating stairstep. Old pink, new pink, old pink, and onward smile.gif

I think it would be stunning. smile.gif (Even though I have no CB old Pinks! xd.png)

Congrats to the new winners! smile.gif

As expected silver shimmers look amazing with every super common on DC. *Dies* I sense many shimmer fails in my future because now I kinda want to breed Fey with every breed in existance. x.x Oh the horror!

If i had won a Prize Dragon i would breed it with every dragon possible to breed with on my scroll. tongue.gif

But which CB dragon should i chose first? That is the question and for that the suggestions here are very welcome. Mayby i win a Prize dragon in the redraw or next year then i will have the agony of choice! wink.gif

There are at the moment only the dragons for the Breast Cancer Hope Lineage who i wil never breed outside the rules for this lineage! Oh, i should read the rules for the Magma-Magi-lineage again. unsure.gif

hmmm, just wondering, how do female Prizes react to being bred with Coppers? What Copper color would they bring?

Don't give up River. I've been here longer than you, entered all the raffles, and this year is the first time I've won anything. smile.gif