TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

I'm surprised the no-trade rule was even necessary. Even if someone doesn't want their prize for the prixe itself you'd think they'd want to at least keep a trade bait factory to get things they do want.

Offspring can be traded; the CBs can't.

Unless you meant people keeping it to trade instead of to trade the babies? xd.png

More edit lol: sorry I misunderstood; I think it was added to try to reduce the temptation to multiscroll as well as to reduce any extra harassment to prize owners.

Edited by fireflydrake

There's nothing to suggest we don't? I just assumed it'd go through email as it has in the past from what I've been told.

A number of people are asking for clarification in the thread about it. So I was giving my opinion on IF there was no custom codes this time.

Oh whoa, that's way more than in the past. Hoping against hope I'll get lucky this time, but I'm so excited for all these new dragons!

the email franticness begins. i just copied and pasted the email i put down, and emailed to myself just to confirm the email i put worked. MY INSANITY IS GROWING BY THE MINUTE!!!

user posted image

watch me jump on the gif train.

also, can we has the buying dragons?...can you IMAGINE how much revenue for the site TJ could get by selling dragons?...not saying it's ethical or adviseable, but just imagine.

Offspring can be traded; the CBs can't.

Unless you meant people keeping it to trade instead of to trade the babies? xd.png

I meant I'm surprised the no trading the CB prize was necessary.

I'm surprised the no-trade rule was even necessary. Even if someone doesn't want their prize for the prixe itself you'd think they'd want to at least keep a trade bait factory to get things they do want.

Prevents multiscrollers doing Bad Things. As happened last year.

Prevents multiscrollers doing Bad Things. As happened last year.

I guess that makes sense. Though they could still abuse that even if they couldn't trade the CB prize to their main account.

When the winners are contacted will it be announced here or in a new thread?

Thanks, TJ!

Seemed likely you were on this, but it never does to be sure.

And if the reproduction's decent, unsure.gif maybe we can get back to DRAGONZ, (shiny or not)! lol

More generally:

just to mention, if anyone wants to actually think about processing 600 custom codes in the middle of everything else, this may not be TJ, lol.

I know if I were him, I'd really rather not. laugh.gif

And (in large, friendly letters) DON'T PANIC (yet) as many of us strongly suspect/hope that TJ has the 'HM' thing, too...

Good luck to all!

~ An inner conversation between: Me, myself and I ~

*snipped for obvious reasons*

This totally cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh. laugh.gif

When the winners are contacted will it be announced here or in a new thread?

TJ will update the first post

okay the shock has worn off over the amount of new lines

user posted image

also, can we has the buying dragons?...can you IMAGINE how much revenue for the site TJ could get by selling dragons?...not saying it's ethical or adviseable, but just imagine.

the store thing being discussed deals with in game currency (ie: liek the mana game or snow wars). an imaginary currency.

iirc i read in the rules that theres a big NO for Dragons for Real Money site wide. merchandise, yes. but spending money to purchase a pixel dragon for the scroll, no.

theres IRS implications for a system like this, and as much money as TJ might generate ... not to mention it turns this game from a non-profit to a "profit based" company and that has a whole nother set of implications and headaches and paperwork.

Oh geez, I misread and thought that they were already contacted, haa. x-x Here's to hoping still!

Not as in using actual MONEY - you complete 'missions' or play games or raise dragons for 'points' to use as currency. Go check the Suggestions forum.

eta: seriously ninja'd here.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I am glad to hear the trading is disabled. this will prevent multi scrollers from trading off. And prevent people from being scammed of their prize by others.

I am under the impression from TJ himself (discussion a few ages ago) that this is not going to happen on the site. I could be wrong, but I do not see him implementing it.

Edited by Starscream

Wait, what were the conditions to be entered in this raffle again? I'm not sure if I'm eligible xd.png

Wait, what were the conditions to be entered in this raffle again? I'm not sure if I'm eligible xd.png

You had to play the ManaAlchemy game and win to get one entry for the Raffle. You had 14 chances in all I think.

ETA: that's the way I did it - which took a lot less time than having to wait for mana crystals to randomly appear.

Edited by oddsoxdi

You earned entries by gathering mana during the Holiday event in December.

A person could get a max of 14 entries IIRC.

Edited by Silverswift

I am glad to hear the trading is disabled. this will prevent multi scrollers from trading off. And prevent people from being scammed of their prize by others.

I am under the impression from TJ himself (discussion a few ages ago) that this is not going to happen on the site. I could be wrong, but I do not see him implementing it.

You read right. I know somewhere TJ said he was keeping the game F2P since it didn't take much, besides there's always the donate link. I read somewhere would never have anything besides ads removed was I think the only thing you could buy, could be wrong

*fingers crossed* so are we being contacted via our actual eMail or by PM? *starts to panic because her eMail is a little broken at the moment*

I cant wait to see what happens from this raffle biggrin.gif 600 winners… that's insane! And awesome!