Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Arwena nodded again and relaxed in his arms before pulling away and picking up her bow, taking his hand in hers letting him lead, she didn't know where to go.

Jacus lead her to a tent where she got patches up and a minor mending spell that healed her over time. They went back to the house and saw Sir Tyrus sitting at the table eating with Catherine.

Arwena grinned. "You're up! Sooner than I expected... very good! Allow me to introduce myself properly... I am Arwena Wood, I was your healer and am the one who assisted your son on his trip. How are you feeling today Sir?"

Sir Tyrus smiled, "I am doing well Arwena. Catherine told me of your job well done, and what she was told about your journey. I am very grateful for you helping Jacus." He motioned for them to both come in and sit down. "Solessa is out with Peter... so we are safe to discuss you and Jacus' relationship."

Catherine spoke up first, "To start on a high note... we are 100% for you two to be together... love is love... and trying to stop that is the worst thing we could do as parents. I can tell that it is true, so there is no reason for us to say no."

Sir Tyrus went next, "But... your laws are unique in this fact I'm guessing..."

Arwena nodded looking dejectedly at the pattern of wood grain on the table. "My people could disown me for loving a human... but... the elders have to agree on a casting out of a elf for their name must be blotted out of every book in the Forest realm..... and... in light of this new treaty with humans, this one is being written and would be sent to your king as soon as it is drawn up. Well.... this is new for us, elves always made peace with words and actions and remember them, but never had he had to write up a document. The sword I gave the king is a reminder to future generations of his line, and the document is proof the elves would keep their word and for all humans to know we mean peace.

So, in light of recent events... only one elder whom I know of would object to me being with your son... the others I don't know... although my grandma might have a word with my grandfather about his objection.... um... both of my grandparents are on the Elven council....."

ST- "I see... when is it that you plan to return to the forest? You are free to stay here as long as you need to before heading back. Drago seems to happy with the yard."

Catherine- "...We wouldn't want you to be banished from your kind... it wouldn't be far to you or your family... but it is also unfair to stop people from choosing who they want to spend eternity with..."

"I will be planning to head back.. I have told you Catherine about my arranged marriage.. my grandfather had set up.. Jacus would face him... as you know... I am a daddy's girl... and if I get thrown out... he's more then likely going to .. well er.... in lack of a better word... he'll throw a tantrum, and he won't stop until they reinstated me. The elders though...Farthen Is my grandma, she would wish me to stay... Thrii is my grandfather but is hard on traditional ways.... Seleen is a Seer... and a priestess to our gods and keeper of the light of the brightest star Elenthrill, she would console them and the stars before making her decision, she is also the eldest.... Garen.... he is the descendent of the first elves, more like the king to us, his vote is based on wisdom and careful planning, he is also our strategist.... I don't know how he would vote..."

((Dotz was tired... Let sleeping Dotz lie... Zzzz))

Catherine thought for a moment, "I see... Well I'm sure with careful consideration, it will work out in the end. You got to look at the positives. Be optimistic. Be hopeful. Fear of the worst will blind you of the wonderful things that you could enjoy."

Arwena reached over and took Jacus's hand in her own. "I realize that now..... every moment I have with your son is precious to me..... I won't spend my time with him thinking of negative things that could happen, and pay attention to what is going on now... I love your son more than my life.... and from what he told me about you on our trip... I came to love you as my own family. Oh! I have a elvish sword for you sir Tyrus, I thought you might like it..."

Catherine just watched with a warm smile while Jacus looked slightly embarrassed from the whole lovey dovey situation in front of his parents... Sir Tyrus smiled, "Really? Well that is very kind of you Arwena."

((One liner... noooooo, bad Dotz bad! Slight edit... merrrrrr))

Edited by Dotzrus

Arwena smiled and went to fetch the blade coming back with one with a redwood handle and a Dragon head carved as the handle. The blade was a curved slightly and fire patterns where etched in it. "It's called in common tongue, fire, for it would burn a enemy's sword and heat it so it melts. All elvish weapons know it's master's wants, so this will know it it is practice or not."

Jacus laughed, "I bet the king would want to spare with dad with their new swords." Sir Tyrus also laughed, "I'm guessing that is from experience?" Jacus smirked, "You've known the king longer."

Tyrus took the sword and bowed to Arwena, "Thank you, I will accept this gift."

Arwena blushed. "No need to bow... this is a gift from a friend... but... you are very welcome.." She smiled and sat back down beside Jacus taking his hand again.

Tyrus laughed and nodded, "You don't need to say that you are a friend, we are pretty much family now. I will love to have you as a daughter."

Arwena grinned from pointed ear to pointed ear at that and got up and hugs Sir Tyrus. "I am so grateful that you both approve of this and you welcomed me so easily into your family. It means a lot to me.. thank you both.. " She hugged Catherine tightly then returned to her spot by Jacus leaning against him her head on his shoulder.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Catherine and Tyrus hugged and smiled. Jacus spoke up, "So... when do we tell Solessa?" Catherine chuckled, "I say we let her to her own love life. If she finds out, we won't deny it... but the girl needs to get herself ready for being a Princess, and then Queen."

"It's a big title and I also agree." Arwena nodded thoughtfully. "I can understand that, being a head guard, I have to protect my people, much like Solessa would have to when she becomes queen. It can take a while to get used to it.... but.. for my kind, living long times ... well it isn't that big of a issue to us."

(Found a good picture of Drago's size reference.. Drago is this big good reference?))

((I can't argue...))

Sir Tyrus nodded, "Excuse me if I'm throwing out a stereotype, it's just that with our shorter lives, our children are forced to mature faster. They get less experiences to learn from and so we push our own experiences on them so they grow faster. Jacus was easy. A knight to a knight. Solessa I am always concerned... she is a very happy and trustworthy girl, but Catherine has no experience with royalty, so Solessa has to learn from the current Queen."

Arwena nodded, but didn't dare to say Elven children can walk run and hold conversation by the time they are one, able to control their bodies and minds faster then humans thus speaking like a 80 year old when they are seven (but they look two). The same thing happens in her kind, it has nothing to do with life span, just a parent not wanting their child to make the same mistakes they made.

Jacus just remained quiet... not sure what to say...

Sir Tyrus went to admire his sword gift.

Catherine started on dinner.

Snow woke up and nuzzled into Drago.

Drago nosed her then yapped at Arwena to come out and play. So she did and wrestled with him, sitting on his neck as he lay on his back nipping at her hands as she imitated the growls and yips he made. "Gerrr Gerrr..... who's a good boy ? Who's my big puppy dog!?" "me me!" He wiggled around on the ground and went down in a play bow as she picked up a stick and shook it making the twig grow longer and thicker.

Jacus just sat watching on the porch, Snow on his lap. He laughed as Drago acted like a normal dog. "Deep until those teeth and that fur, your just a big puppy Drago."

Drago gave him a glower before Arwena tapped his wrinkled nose and caught his attention again. "You know you are boy! Stop being such a Alpha brute.... now... fetch!" She threw the stick and he bounced after it, causing glassware to clink together as his bulk his the earth. He bounced back and dropped the branch on the ground in front of Arwena and she repeated the throw.