Vorgin

Beyond the Soul

Jacus laughed, "I'll leave that for you two to argue about. I would prefer to not get involved with an elvish argument or debate. I will stick to my happy and simple Commonfolk language conversations."

"nah! She was too embarrassed to say it in common..." He grinned.

Arwena sat beside Jacus and laced her fingers in his. "I can teach you more elvish now.. or... we had a deal.. I'll show you how to correctly shoot and you teach me more of those dances....okay?"

Jacus nodded, "That sounds good for me. We can visit the archery range in the knight training grounds. The question is the difference between human and elvish bows and arrows."

"I haven't handed a human bow and shot an arrow, so we'll see. Let's go then. You made a clean kill with my bow though, so there might be. Get your bow and I'll get mine. Oh, and Drago said you wanted to try and bet me at hand and hand... let me change back first before we see who ends up on the ground.."She grinned and went inside coming out in the old clothes she had on and her bow on her back.

Drago made hacking wheezing sounds that was his laugh. "I told her... so you can not back out of it now... good luck...fair knight..." He grinned, tongue flopping out to the side tail pounding on the dirt. His tone was sarcastic at the end, he knew he would lose... or had a strong suspension he might. Although, Arwena might go easy on him and make it a draw, so he doesn't look like a fool beaten by a woman, or like a jerk beating a woman in a fare fight.. then again... not many human woman fight... so either way, it would be a sight to the other knights.

Jacus sighed, "Thanks Drago... you are a great friend..." He smirked and went to grab his things. "Archery, hand to hand, dancing... it's going to be a weird day..." He walked back out, ready to go.

Arwena looked at him when she went outside. "Lead the way..." She followed him to the archery ground and set her bow down. "Already, let's see your form.. notch a arrow, aim and shoot the target when ready, we'll take it from there... " She crossed her arms, some knights already giving her a few looks like she might be lost.

Jacus took his bow and arrow as he had been taught in knight training, straightening his posture and aiming for the target, but not firing. He took a deep inhale before letting go.

Arwena nodded and watch the arrow hit. "I see now... your breathing wrong... and here.." She had him turn his hips to the side more, and moved his foot slightly so it was pointed to the target before handing him another arrow. "Now notch, I'll correct your arms, and before you shoot, breath in, then shoot on the exhale, it relaxes you more and keeps your hands steady."

Jacus nodded, and notched the arrow, he took aim and waited for Arwena to make the correction. He felt off balance because he was not used to this position.

She lifted his elbow slightly and pushed his shoulders back. "Lean on your back foot, it'll keep you balanced. When you breath in, suck in your belly, then breath out and shoot..."

Jacus held that and breathed as told. He was about to release the arrow when someone shouted, "HEY CRAZY JAC!" Jacus flinched and let go, his arrow hitting the outside black ring of the target. The knight who shouted and two others laughed as they walked over. "Well well, Crazy Jac is back."

Jacus sighed, "Mark... Mike... Frank... It's been awhile."

Mike was the one who shouted, "Indeed, though I didn't think you would come back needing a woman to teach you archery. It's actually quite sad."

Jacus laughed, "Then it's really sad since I taught you three how to sword fight."

Arwena smirked snatched his bow out of his hand and shot three arrows. Each one hit the bullseye, two where split by her elvish arrow. She spun a arrow in her hand and held the point under Mike's chin silver eyes narrowed. "I doubt you humans can do that....so unless.." She tripped him so he was flat on his back and notched up an arrow aiming at a...... sensitive area on a man. "You want to stand in front of the target and let me show off my skills by shooting fruit from your head, you would let me show ' Crazy jac' how to properly shoot. Maybe... if you ask nicely... you could get a few pointers about manners. "

She let up on the arrow and leaned on her bow. "Women have just as much as men to fight for... so an elf like me takes offence when a man degrades a woman. Jacus has seen my skills.... he was wise to ask me... something I think not all humans have......".She huffed. "They are lucky Drago isn't here... he thinks it vary rude to interrupt a lesson and would probably lay on them to keep them quite."

Jacus laughed and put his hand on Arwena's shoulder, "Relax relax, they're cool, just... blunt.

The trio watched Arwena with a slight hint of fear, Mike in particular as he scrambled to get up. He got up backing up, "Great, Crazy Jac made a crazy friend..." Jacus nodded and smiled, "Her name is Arwena, but I guess you could call her Crazy Ace if you want..." Frank and Mark stayed quiet while Mike spit on the ground, "You're a long way from home Miss Elf. I thought your kind were too proud and self-righteous to interact with humans. You should respect the people who live here as your superiors until you prance back to the trees."

Jacus sighed, "You are seriously going to regret this Mike..."

Mike smiled, "What, I wouldn't hit a girl, but I don't think elf is on the same level as the woman here."

Jacus blankly stared at Mike and his stupidity and whispered in Arwena's ear, "He is just as mature as a child... I will allow you to break ONLY one bone... beyond that I don't want him heavily damaged."

A smile very wolfish pulled at her lips, eyes flashing. "The only one who is superior and equal to me is the king and Prince. Normally I wouldn't fight a weakling, but I think some much needed discipline is here... " She pulled her hair in a bun. "I probably might break three,.. I can't guarantee that his nose and a finger won't be spared... " to prove her point she did three quick jabs and a kick. One in the face, two in the stomach and the kick to his chest knocked him back. Her moves light lightning. "So you want to face a elf who has been training for nearly two hundred years...... foolish brat." She spat at his feet.

Jacus stood back, knowing Arwena had the floor, "Technically the nose isn't a bone... but whatever." Mike had a very strong, broad, and heavy build. He was definitely slower than Arwena, but much stronger. He got back up as his face turned red with rage, "THAT'S IT!" He charge at her, his hands just needing to get hold of her. Jacus had a sword ready if Mike got out of control.

Arwena waited until the last minute before springing up, planting her boot on her head propelling her up farther, falling in to front flops and stick the landing shouting. "Ole! Hmm.. he's as big dumb and slow as a minotar... all they can do is charge. And shout insults..." She rolled her eyes and got ready again. "Here big bull...... where's your horns?"

Mike turned to her furiously and began to throw punches at her with his large fists. If they all miss, he finishes with a heavy roundhouse kick. Mark and Frank stare not sure what to do. Jacus gritted his teeth, knowing this fight shouldn't be happening.

Arwena dodged the punches, but the kick sent her flying back and flipped her over on her belly. Her hair came undone and hand in hang in front of her face as she coughed up blood from the force of the kick. She glared at him. "Is that it? Pathetic.... " She got up swaying. "The next time you see an elf.. remember.... make sure you say "hand to hand" Otherwise it would be to much to bear......" She grinned and charged at him with a scream that changed as she made contact and.. lifted him up. He had the massive pawed hands of a polar bear around his waist and was looking into the angry silver eyes of Arwena as she roared in his face and slammed him into the ground, hard enough to hurt and daze him but not enough to break anything. She slashed her claws across his chest that would scar and broke his lower arm (one he used his sword with) by stepping on it and applying her weight. She put a paw on his chest and roared again in his ear to make it ring before she sat down with a huff and shook her head with a heavy sigh.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Mike was freaking out from the pain and the bear when she got off, Jacus ran over, "That's enough! Mark, Frank, Take Mike to the med bay... he's learned his lesson..." They quick got too it in fear and dragged him off. Jacus sighed and looked at Arwena. "Please... never do that again..."

Arwena was back to normal and on her knees holding her stomach. "It's what my kind dose. This means I'm stronger now... level five druids can turn into animals..." She said before hacking up a little more blood, he didn't break her bones, but her stomach was damaged a little, she gagged threatening to vomit but choked it down. "If I become sterile because of that kick, I'll have the ally cats claw his eyes out..." her voice turned into a tearful tone. "Because I want kids... and I think I'll make a really good mother...... " She clutched her arms around her belly protectively as if that would help. She kept her head down eyes at his boots.

Jacus got down on his knees and hugged her, "I know you will be fine. Let's get you inside... Mike went too far, and I can't be sending you home broken. Your kind will kill me and Mike."

Arwena nodded and leaned against him starting to cry, she may be tough but she was still a emotional woman and this was just a reminder of how lucky humans where in having kids and just how simple of a thing can damage a elf women..... She got to her feet getting her bow and arrows. "I think... that counts as a hand to hand combat today... I should have just walked away... but I had to be proud.... I'm sorry Jacus... I'm really really sorry.... " She hiccups and rubbed her sleeve on her cheek. "I was too proud to back down... I should have known better... I'm so sorry!!" She collapsed and sniffed gripping her bow tightly.

Jacus helped her back up and held her head so they were eye to eye. "Stop it. You made a mistake, I won't hold that against. Now get your act together, you are better than this Arwena..." He gently put his forehead to hers and held it there until she calmed down.

Arwena dropped her bow and put her hands on his cheeks and closed her eyes, calming down, her breathing matching his. She enjoyed this closeness with him. Her words where hushed and gentle. "I love you Jacus..... I know you would give all you got to beat Orion for me...... but I fear that my stupid act today.... may have wrecked any slim chance I have of giving you a child you could be proud of....... but I see what you mean... it might be nothing more than a small bruise and I'm making it into a bigger deal then it's supposed to be.... " She lay her head on his chest and kissed his jaw tenderly. "Forgive me for over reacting....Hîr vuin..."

Jacus kissed her back and smiled, "Don't worry about it. Any child you create will be beautiful... he didn't damage your fertility at all... now let's get you cleaned up."