Twyro

Make up

I know I'm female and it's more common to wear make up but I just don't like the feeling of it on my face, ya know? I hate wearing it and I only do so if I have to. Maybe one day I'll be used to it, but not today. 0_o

My new favorite liquid lipstick: manna kadar liplocked stain.

i've probably already posted on here, but i only use makeup for the occasional pete wentz look and for halloween now. like last halloween i was gerard way from the black parade era of mcr, so my face was like caked with cheap makeup lol

other than that i absolutely hate makeup and don't wear it

I hate stuff on my face. My mom thinks I'll look great in mascara because I have long eyelashes, but I can't stand the stuff (even so-called nonclumping types). The only thing I wear, and always wear, is some concealer under my eyes, because I have dark permanent circles there and I'm very self-conscious about it. (One of the few times I didn't get a full coverage on a co-worker asked if someone had hit me. unsure.gif )

Nope, don't use it. As a result, the average 10 year old is better at applying mascara than I am xd.png I tried again recently but hate the feel of any kind of makeup on my skin.

Does anyone else feel presurrized into using make-up when you personally rather wouldn't?

Does anyone else feel presurrized into using make-up when you personally rather wouldn't?

All the time, when I was younger. Luckily, it's (mostly) gone away after becoming an adult.

I *love* makeup. I'm one of those people who does full face five days a week just for the fun of it. I'm not the best at it, but it will alwas be one of my favorite ways to pass time. Kind of like painting a canvas biggrin.gif

I'm really into Korean style makeup, such as straight brows! But as a guy, it seems like in China society is not ok to wear makeup... so I keep it to a minimum.

I only use it if I REALLY romantically like someone I'm going to see, or if I feel like I need a pamper-me day.

I wear make-up for special or formal occasions, but for the most part, I don't like it. Any kind of eye-makeup, irritates my eyes, even the hypo-allergenic kind, and my skin doesn't do well with any kind of foundation unless it's an expensive quality one that moisturizes. The only thing I don't get irritated by is lip gloss, and I wear that more because my lips get dry and it looks bad. My skin and eyes just tend to be ridiculously sensitive.

Edited by ViperaUnion

I don't use it as a guy, but I love girls who wear make up. ^^ I like people who know how to dress themselves.

I put on a little makeup every day honestly. I bruise and get hyper pigmented easily so its just easier to use a lil BB cream and concealer so I more normal I guess. tongue.gif

Recently I started using eye shadow as pseudo eyeliner (less irritating to my skin) and just because a lil highlighting makes me look less tired and man. I am always very tired.

Imo people should always use/experiment with makeup whenever they feel and not because of pressure or whatever, regardless of age and gender. Especially because it can be a form of self expression for some people.

Only a month or so into my lipstick/gloss/balm no-buy resolution, and I've already bought two.

I guess there would have been more had I not been trying to stop myself, but ... hm.

Ugh, I reaaally want to have more money so I could buy more make-up! I'm in desperate need of a new concealer, I currently have a pot from Rimmel and it's not that good. Is there any drugstore concealers you'd want to recommend? Also, do people here use Essence products, and if so, what are your favorites?

Is there any drugstore concealers you'd want to recommend? Also, do people here use Essence products, and if so, what are your favorites?

There are these maybelline concealer pens I use that I find work well.

My friend swears by nyx concealer. I personally don't use their concealer but their color correcting palette works way better than any other.

In the end, you've just gotta find one that works for you. Looking up youtube reviews for drugstore products is helpful.

Argh, I'm on a lipstick no-buy, because I have so many open (or unopened, waiting in the wings to be used).

So, of course, I buy eyeliner. Glitter eyeliner. The most frivolous of all eyeliners. 

I'd love to wear make up because- not going to lie. There's a lot on my face I'd like to cover up and plenty that needs changing and fixing but sadly make up is actually the reason my face is covered in blemishes and scars... I'm allergic to it. On my sister's wedding, we had to wear a bunch of make up and it has permanently scarred my face. ;-;

Well, I like to assuming myself as "ambiguous gender" on internet sites. But my body is female in real life.

Yes, I wear make up. But only for hide terrible things. Because I'm feeling uneasy with wearing heavy make up.

Other

I'd like to clothing "genderless look" some day...

Sometimes, I don't really wanna be looks a lot like female.

Edited by Kyath The Dream Worker

7 hours ago, Vixey said:

I'd love to wear make up because- not going to lie. There's a lot on my face I'd like to cover up and plenty that needs changing and fixing but sadly make up is actually the reason my face is covered in blemishes and scars... I'm allergic to it. On my sister's wedding, we had to wear a bunch of make up and it has permanently scarred my face. ;-;

Urgh. That really sucks. I'm not personally allergic to makeup, but it used to do horrible things to my skin before I found the right products. There are hypoallergenic makeup lines out there that you might be interested in checking out! Such as BareMinerals, Almay, and Cleure. The first two can be found in almost any drugstore. Just make sure you test those products somewhere other than your face before wearing them, just in case :)

Edited by The Dragoness

I love make uppppp, esp when you're going out later and you're just feeling yourself, like to a party or the club or whatever. but regularly like in school it's either bareface or just brows/mascara--abh pomade & too faced better than sex. sephora is one of the greatest places for retail therapy. having said that, it's a super expensive habit :( 

3 hours ago, grxcew said:

I love make uppppp, esp when you're going out later and you're just feeling yourself, like to a party or the club or whatever. but regularly like in school it's either bareface or just brows/mascara--abh pomade & too faced better than sex. sephora is one of the greatest places for retail therapy. having said that, it's a super expensive habit :( 

Same!! Every day at school I literally just do my brows and mascara because I can't be bothered to wake up earlier anymore. And then I wear makeup maybe only once a week to go out. I don't know how I lived with eyebrow pencils before the ABH pomade came out. And this month I just made a huge online order at Sephora and then another smaller order during the VIB sale. I hate that I splurged but I love all the pretty things! I also kicked my Boxycharm sub a few months ago and re-subbed for next month. What's wrong with me..

Also if you haven't tried the Huda Desert Dusk palette, I highly recommend. Fave eyeshadow palette out everything I've ever had.

57 minutes ago, innate said:

Same!! Every day at school I literally just do my brows and mascara because I can't be bothered to wake up earlier anymore. And then I wear makeup maybe only once a week to go out. I don't know how I lived with eyebrow pencils before the ABH pomade came out. And this month I just made a huge online order at Sephora and then another smaller order during the VIB sale. I hate that I splurged but I love all the pretty things! I also kicked my Boxycharm sub a few months ago and re-subbed for next month. What's wrong with me..

Also if you haven't tried the Huda Desert Dusk palette, I highly recommend. Fave eyeshadow palette out everything I've ever had.

omggg girl I know, ABH pomade for life!! it's so good! the pot lasts for a million years. love it! ahhh haha, nice!! sephora's so great :) Wow, what's boxycharm? I haven't heard of that! I just dropped some money at colourpop too since they have that free international shipping atm. 

I've heard of that one from Huda! my goodness apparently Huda is really good--gotta start working and saving up if I wanna buy one HAHA 

@grxcew Hmm what country do you live in? Boxycharm is a beauty subscription box (like Sephora play, or Ipsy) for $21/month and you get at least 1 full-sized item plus a few other things! I think it's worth it if you like trying out different brands and products. You can get things like falsies, brushes, eyeshadow, lipstick, highlighter, pressed powders, etc. You can look up what's been in the past boxes to see what they've included. I love it! They only ship to the U.S. and Canada though (but Canadians pay an extra $5 for shipping apparently so I think it comes out to be $26/month).

I almost bought Golden State of Mind but then I remembered I have tarte's Make Believe in Yourself already so I stopped myself (if you can't tell, I have eyeshadow palette issues lmao). Yeah Desert Dusk is the most I've ever spent on a palette but girl it is AMAZING! I have Naked, Too Faced, ABH, and Tarte palettes and this is hands-down the best! The shadows are super blendable and pigmented. My old fave was Modern Renaissance but that thing had way too much fallout. It's weird because I've never heard of Huda before this palette, but then again I don't pay attention sometimes haha.

@innate I live in Canada so yes that would be $26 a month for me! USD though so that would be converted to CDN which is some more :( haha oh well! That's really cool though. Maybe I'll check it out, or other subscriptions that are similar to that, because that's pretty cool!  

Oh my goodness that sounds soooo good! Yeah palettes are way too pretty! wow that's a really good review, I'm looking forward to checking it out when I'm done exams. Yeah Huda was huge on instagram first I believe before she started making her own makeup lines and whatnot (if i'm not mistaken)! I saw her on instagram a while back, and I think she started out with lashes and whatnot and now she's killin it with the palettes! 

Anyway thanks for the info--I will def be checking those out!