Twyro

Make up

I never wear make up, but I'm interested. I just have no idea what would suit me and go with my clothes. I'm very pale and even my Mum's concealer looks orange on me.

I've never used make-up before. tongue.gif I've used it for Halloween costumes, like smearing my mom's lipstick over my face to give the illusion of blood, and I used to love eye-shadow when I was younger, but I've never used it since then. I'm kind of a tomboy, so all the make-up would probably get smeared and make me look like a disturbing cross between the Wicked Witch of the West and Bloody Mary. xd.png

Trendy dark purple lipstick

Nyx suede lip cream in Oh, Put it On

user posted image

Gorgeous!

Question: how well does it last? I tried a paler nyx suede color, and it wore off pretty quickly in the middle and got flaky. I'm wondering if the darker colors wear differently.

I don't wear make-up. Ever. I try to eat clean, hydrate and wash my face. I do have subtle, natural dark circles that I've just learned to live with. The rare occasions in which makeup is applied tend to be when I go out with friends at night.

Edited by andromedae

I haven't owned any makeup for about 2 years now. I used to wear it for special occasions, but I never had the skill or patience to make it an everyday thing. tongue.gif

I think the first and last time I ever wore makeup was when I was nine years old. I believe it was purple eye shadow? Could be wrong, though.

I don't really like makeup as a whole, really. I mean, I paint my finger nails black, but other than that, nah I'm good!

My blue lipstick (occ Rx) is very blue. The special occasion? Baking. At home. Faaaaancy.

After using Clinique powder foundation for years, I've found that Covergirl TruBlend has the exact same shade that goes on equally as well and stays just as long. Spending $7.50 instead of $26.00 will be nice.

-Lover of smokey eye, neutral shades, occasional blue eyeliner.

I do not wear very much makup, usually some dark eyeliner and lip gloss on most days. I do not often wear foundation, even though i am very pale (most shades are too dark for me any way). I draw my eyebrows on though, since they are a mess after I plucked them out a while ago because my Trichotillomania. - but at least I did not pull it all from my scalp, since I have managed to grow quite a lot of my hair back. =P

Put on hot pink metallic lipstick right before I ate a cheese sandwich.

Now I have a hot pink metallic sandwich.

I'm very fair so without mascara it seems like I have no eyelashes and that just looks wrong biggrin.gif So mascara is a must. I also use BB cream so it covers any possible redness on my face, and there I'm done. For special occasions (parties, weddings, etc) I do more: foundation, powder, eye liner + shadow. My lips are normally totally the same color as my face so I should learn to use lipstick but I've never been a fan of make up for lips (lipstick, pensil thingy to draw the lines of lips) as they make my lips feel "heavy" (plus they stain and you must re-apply them all the time).

My mom insists on wearing lipstick even on her death bed so others can see where her voice comes from. I wear mascara so people can see where my eyes are biggrin.gif Best excuses to wear make up right there! xd.png

I'm very fair so without mascara it seems like I have no eyelashes and that just looks wrong biggrin.gif So mascara is a must. I also use BB cream so it covers any possible redness on my face, and there I'm done. For special occasions (parties, weddings, etc) I do more: foundation, powder, eye liner + shadow. My lips are normally totally the same color as my face so I should learn to use lipstick but I've never been a fan of make up for lips (lipstick, pensil thingy to draw the lines of lips) as they make my lips feel "heavy" (plus they stain and you must re-apply them all the time).

My mom insists on wearing lipstick even on her death bed so others can see where her voice comes from. I wear mascara so people can see where my eyes are biggrin.gif Best excuses to wear make up right there! xd.png

Do you like tinted lip balms? They generally just feel like chapstick, and often taste very good smile.gif

Do you like tinted lip balms? They generally just feel like chapstick, and often taste very good smile.gif

I did have really good one couple of years ago but they cancelled it so as of now I haven't found one that would please me in colour, taste and medium. And the same problem remains: you'll have to re-apply.

I'm jealous to one of my friend who has perfect reddish pink lips.. One time when we were out a woman approached and asked her what lipstick she used. The look on the woman's face when my friend told her she wasn't wearing any! ohmy.gif

I did have really good one couple of years ago but they cancelled it so as of now I haven't found one that would please me in colour, taste and medium. And the same problem remains: you'll have to re-apply.

I'm jealous to one of my friend who has perfect reddish pink lips.. One time when we were out a woman approached and asked her what lipstick she used. The look on the woman's face when my friend told her she wasn't wearing any! ohmy.gif

That is kind of unfair! Lucky for her, though.

I have pale lips, too, except that they start pink in the center and get pale towards the edges. I sometimes forgot how full my lips are until I actually color in the entire lip area!

I guess I've just resigned myself to reapplying my tinted balm. The tastier the better, though. I'm using a Sephora peach one that I find myself applying in the morning even on my days off, just because it smells and tastes so good!

(You can imagine what my purse looks like. Filled with balms.)

I haven't had the chance to really play around with make-up since my mom never used it or liked it. I really love how creative people get with it and all the different colors to choose from. Someday I'd love to get the hang of it.

I used to wear foundation (not a huge fan of makeup because I'm lazy and don't like waking up to do it), but it dried out my skin so I all but completely stopped and substituted makeup for a skin care routine. =P

I find makeup a waste of time and money. No point in spending $20+ dollars on face powder :T

Admittedly though, I like what people can do with it. I'll let my friends do my makeup on occasion, but I'll never purchase it for myself.

Nein. Expensive, time-consuming, just not-me and I put zero effort into my attire in fact I wear the exact same thing every day so putting makeup on is kind of counter-intuitive. Also I wash and touch my face/mouth/eyes way too often and makeup feels like there is something on my face and not being able to touch my face when it feels like there is something on my face - you get where I'm going. I can barely stand moisturizer as it is and I need that stuff because my face is the equivalent of a house lizard.

The most I've put on (myself) is eyeliner or kohl on the rare occassion because I do dislike how small my eyes are. But no one tells you that you can't put eyeliner on when you have a single monolid because either it appears lopsided by default, or you make it symmetrical and it is blatantly lopsided when you close your eyes. So now I only line my bottom lids if I end up doing it at all. And I still dislike having to constantly check if they're getting smeared or lopsided throughout the day(waterproof or no), like is this what girls spend so much time in the bathroom for?

Maybe vague lip tints because I can rub my lips as much as I want without anything smearing.

Edited by Redds

Nope, it's just a waste of time and money. I wear a little bit of foundation some days because I have very sensitive skin that turns red very easily.

I LOVE makeup. I don't like to put a whole bunch on - I don't use any actual skin makeup. But I love the way a good bit of eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara can really change my overall appearance. A little lipstick never hurt, either! My favorite brands are Too Faced, Urban Decay, and Buxom.

Of course, I'm fully in support of others who wish to wear more makeup than I do or none at all. Just personally I think it does wonders for me. laugh.gif

Edited by coo_

Absolutely love makeup, but I'm super lazy so I don't use it often xd.png My favorites are toofaced shadows, maybelline mascarras, and Ofra liquid lipsticks!

I like makeup, though I don't wear it that often. I'm very theatrical and I enjoy the dramatic effects I can do that I couldn't do without it (brightly colored eyeshadow, dark lipstick, heavy eyeliner and glitter especially.) I also use it to help my acne- ELF makes really decent stuff on the cheap, so I have one that includes the typical acid topical acne treatment and another that's a sunscreen for the summer to protect my skin. I try to self-examine, since (though I'm not a woman) compulsory femininity runs in deep, and I think all trans people grapple with weird gender norms about makeup. I spend ages putting together outfits and accessories when I have the energy to do so, as well, so it's not like I'm really wasting any time- it's about crafting a look.

I have nothing but disdain for condescending cis men who complain about "false advertising," though. It's just makeup- confess to being shallow if you must, but don't put yourself out there as not knowing people come fully equipped with a natural contour and eyeliner, or whine about how women don't set out to specifically please you with their fashion choices tongue.gif I do full-face makeup for cosplay, too, which is always fun... so long as you seal it properly. (I'm kind of shocked at the number of people in this thread talking about smearing their makeup off! I can lift weights and be fine, don't you people use setting spray/finishing powder??)

Edited by tinfoilunicorn