Twyro

Make up

Make-up can be fun, and I used to wear it every day, but I've honestly grown to be way more confident without it. I feel that by being subtle or natural it displays confidence in yourself which is appealing. I have crazy long eyelashes, but they are really light in color so sometimes I just wear mascara so that you can see that they are doll-like. Sometimes it's fun to treat yourself like a blank canvas or a piece of art with make up...but again, I just don't like when people cake it on, hiding their natural beauty. I shake my head when I see women caked in make up at the gym :/

Black bean soup I n a bread bowl and also a very yummy Mediterranean sandwich from my work!

YUM!

But also: I tried the Wet N Wild setting spray today, on my day off in case it didn't work (or made things worse!). Did a full face of makeup, with my most smudgy green eyeliner.

Well, it worked on my face makeup, kept everything fresh and nice. The eyeliner, not so much. I'm an emerald panda right now.

That feeling when you post in the wrong thread....

anyway, to add to the discussion: I bought the Revolution palette Unicorns Unite the other day and it's pretty sweet.

I try to wear makeup everyday, just because I like to wear funky lip and eyeshadow colors, but I don't NEED it.

Here's a picture of my collection:

user posted image

Edited by Lady Artemis

Today is electric flamingo pink lips. Like, brighter than bright. I love makeup.

... and I'm just doing chores around the houses/yard! Every time I pass by a window or mirror, I kind of do a double take and then start laughing.

Eh, I'm not a huge fan of make-up for two reasons. One, I'm horrible at applying it, and two, I'd rather not hide behind a bunch of products, in my opinion.

If I already have so many lipsticks, how come I still want more?

I never use makeup. Not even a little. I hate taking the time to do it. I hate the way it feels on my face. I don't enjoy anything about it at all. It doesn't make me feel good, it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

I like makeup, but I'm too lazy.

I love makeup, but for me, it's all or nothing! I either pamper myself, go all out, and have fun ... or just end up smearing regular ol' sunscreen on my face smile.gif because greasy and shiny is a good look for me, too.

I have the same problem, also the other thing that bothers me is that I keep buying similar shades and when I realize that then I have to buy something more daring and different, so it's a never ending game ... laugh.gif

I use it on occasion.

When I'm not feeling lazy and I actually WANT to feel girly then I use it. At that point it's mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, and some form of lip gloss or stick- depending on my mood.

And then there are days where I'm feeling only half not lazy and I only do Mascara and a lip thing. Those are the days where I'm feeling kind of girly but kind of lazy at the same time. It's a quick one-two and done.

But 90% of the time I hardly bother with makeup. (unless going out somewhere with the family. Then even when I'm feeling lazy I still do my mascara and a lip gloss or stick)

Woohoo! I just went to the grocery store, and the sale rack/shelf/pit of despair had THREE different lipsticks I've been wanting, all on sale for $1-3 dollars (and not because they were opened and gross). They're all mine, now. Seriously, I've been walking by those displays every time I go to buy food, yearning for them, and then the exact shades I wanted went on sale. I'm so happy.

Also, I just looked back on the makeup thread, and my last post from June was:

So ... yeah. More lipstick. What can I say, painting my mouth in extremely garish colors brings a (extremely garish) smile to my face!

What colors are they?

----

I have an addiction to matte liquid lipstick lately.

I got some new one from Colourpop and when I was putting them away...I realized I already had a similar color. dry.gif

Oops?

What colors are they?

----

I have an addiction to matte liquid lipstick lately.

I got some new one from Colourpop and when I was putting them away...I realized I already had a similar color. dry.gif

Oops?

Matte liquid lipstick is great! I've been wanting to try colourpop but I have been trying not to buy things online ... I make too many impulse purchases in person already! But their color selection is wildly good.

I got Wet N Wild color icon metallics in Back to the Fuschia (eh, was kind of streaky) and chrysanthemum's the word (perfection) for a dollar each, and Maybelline matte vivid in nude flush (wonderful my lips but better color!) for three.

... and I used the remainder of my birchbox points to buy a stila matte mini trio with caramello, patina, and aria. So so good, but not something I'd usually splurge on.

LIPSTIIIIICK!

Matte liquid lipstick is great! I've been wanting to try colourpop but I have been trying not to buy things online ... I make too many impulse purchases in person already! But their color selection is wildly good.

I got Wet N Wild color icon metallics in Back to the Fuschia (eh, was kind of streaky) and chrysanthemum's the word (perfection) for a dollar each, and Maybelline matte vivid in nude flush (wonderful my lips but better color!) for three.

... and I used the remainder of my birchbox points to buy a stila matte mini trio with caramello, patina, and aria. So so good, but not something I'd usually splurge on.

LIPSTIIIIICK!

Those are not bad prices!

So...birchbox points? those would make the lipsticks free?

Because if so...that's a great deal!

I need your control.

Online shopping is something I do a bit too often for my liking.

It all starts with just window shopping...then just adding things to the cart to see how much it would cost...

So...birchbox points? those would make the lipsticks free?

Because if so...that's a great deal!

Birchbox recently changed their points system, but it used to be really good (too good, probably) and I had saved up a number of points. It didn't cover the whole purchase, but heck, three minis (each of them are maybe half the size of a regular one?) for a few bucks and free shipping? YES PLEASE.

Also, I never seem to use up full size lipsticks before they expire, or I lose them, so minis are perfect.

Birchbox recently changed their points system, but it used to be really good (too good, probably) and I had saved up a number of points. It didn't cover the whole purchase, but heck, three minis (each of them are maybe half the size of a regular one?) for a few bucks and free shipping? YES PLEASE.

Also, I never seem to use up full size lipsticks before they expire, or I lose them, so minis are perfect.

True story.

I've never used all of my full size products before they were dry or anything like that.

I have to check out birchbox then.

I wish I could use makeup, but I don't have the patience for it ): My younger sister does AMAZING makeup though. If you count nail polish as makeup, then I'm totally set. I keep buying more because I don't have enough colors or I see a cool design I wanna try!

I love it! Especially eyeshadow. I have loads of pallets, and some really big ones. It's one of the most artistic parts of the process in my opinion. Though I find mascara important as well since I hate how tiny my eyes are ;v;

If you count nail polish as makeup, then I'm totally set. I keep buying more because I don't have enough colors or I see a cool design I wanna try!

I used to use nail polish a lot too.

I would buy a ton of them too. I think there was a time when I was crazy about nail polish...so crazy that I repainted my nails 2x in one week.

I think one of my favorite nail art thing was something called...marbling(?)

But nowadays, I'm too tired to paint my nails.

and my work place doesn't allow it anyways sad.gif

I love it! Especially eyeshadow. I have loads of pallets, and some really big ones. It's one of the most artistic parts of the process in my opinion. Though I find mascara important as well since I hate how tiny my eyes are ;v;

Do you have a favorite pallet?

color?

I would wear mascara, but my my eyelashes would hit my glasses and I find that too annoying.

Edited by gigglymonkey12

If anyone ever wants a recommendation for a matte lipstick, I'm really loving Still Stay-All-Day. It hasn't budged a darn bit, and only minimally faded in the center from eating.

Would use a brush instead of the doe foot, though, I ended up with clown mouth the first time. smile.gif

I don't use makeup as an everyday thing, but I do use it in some costumes, ect.

For instance, I once painted my face as the Corpse Bride for halloween. So I guess it's probably more accurate to say I use face paint/stage makeup. tongue.gif

I'm not that into makeup. I put on sunscreen usually. For school I'll put on mascara, maybe eyeliner, maybe eyeshadow. I always put on lip color.