Twyro

Make up

You only wear foundation to give the rest of us poor schmucks a chance. Your cheekbones plus blush and bronzer would make me ragequit.

Edit: Thanks, Stellaluna!

Well maybe you should demonstrate for me in two weeks lewl

user posted image

Holiday burnt orange metallic smokey eye. I got a cream shadow in my Glossybox last month and decided to try it out.

I love makeup and especially lipstick, but it seems like whenever I go out to somewhere that isn't work, I'm planning on EATING! So I end up never using any of my cool, non-work-appropriate things because I don't feel like touching up my mouth in public.

I honestly have no idea how to wear makeup, to which, I don't. Closest I have come is dyeing my hair, and that I developed an allergy to.

I hardly ever wear make-up, too lazy + no time. One day, I'd like to, maybe when I'm done with school...On special occasions I do wear it and I think it is absolutely lovely.

I wore rainbow lipstick the other day, and half my mouth was stained an unhealthy blue-green-gray. I also managed to get it just about everywhere. (Example: while wiping the kitchen counter, why is the cloth smudged with green? ... oh, right, because of me.)

Still worth it smile.gif

i am by no stretch of the imagination a makeup artist

but i have been asked to do the wedding day makeup for about 15 friends over the last 5 years. so i guess they think i do an ok job

unsure.gif

It's too chilly to do yard work (my day off!) so I'm obsessively refreshing my dragcave and birchbox pages for eggs and to make my month's sample choice.

I don't care for using make-up, but then I'm a guy... sooo, lol

The last time I wore make-up was when I dressed up as a Gypsy Girl at the age of 12 and went out Trick-or-Treating with my 3-yr old sister. Our final stop that night was at about 1am and we were offered a ride home. I declined as we were only about a mile from home.

Seriously, Mom divided up all the candy into jars (gum, suckers, chodolate, etc) and we had enough to last six months... with two or three pieces every day.

Best haul ever.

I think the only time I've used make-up is on Halloween. I don't really want to wear it daily. It seems like it would be kind of uncomfortable having it on all the time, but I guess you'd get used to it.

Heh, I guess if people don't like my acne-prone face the way it is, that's their problem, not mine?

So today I'm seeing liquid metallic lipstick (occ electric grandma) and the formula isn't my favorite, even though I usually love this brand. All the peach color has faded, but it has left behind a solid layer of gold micro glitter. I'd think this was awesome, except for the fact that this is definitely not the look I was going for ...

Is it "bad" for a guy to wear makeup?

I'm really contemplating using makeup as I have a lot of scarring from acne and would love to cover it up and make me feel normal again. Like I still have a pimple or two here and there, but honestly my face looks worse due to the scaring - pretty much my whole face.

Is it "bad" for a guy to wear makeup?

I'm really contemplating using makeup as I have a lot of scarring from acne and would love to cover it up and make me feel normal again. Like I still have a pimple or two here and there, but honestly my face looks worse due to the scaring - pretty much my whole face.

It's not bad at all for a guy to wear makeup, whether it is for nice skin or just looking really glam!

My only recommendation is that if you're just starting out, go to a good makeup counter or a trusted and talented friend, because I cannot tell you how many easily avoided mistakes I made. Someone can help you with things like color matching, concealer colors (especially for discolorations), and tips to make it last all day smile.gif

I hope you can feel good about your skin with or without makeup, but I know when I was breaking out badly, makeup gave me a little boost when I was down! Good luck!

Edit: also sent PM smile.gif

Edited by toyofubl

I was never taught how to properly put makeup on when I was younger (mother doesn't wear any + no siblings) so now I usually view it as effort I don't want or feel the need to spend on myself. Might be nice from time to time but I don't really care enough.

I actually kind of want to use just a little make-up (just something simple ya-know?) but my parents don't want me using any and it's not like I can go out and buy some myself without my parents knowing dry.gif

I'm an eyeliner only kind of person. I like the way it pops my eyes.

Occasionally I'll put a lil shadow on, but nothing major. I'm a simple gal.

I am a heavy makeup user. I'd post a face pic but not sure if that's okay here. I contour, lots of dark coloured eyeshadow and eyeliner. My look is pin up meets goth, so I have spent a lot of time trying to obtain perfect smoky cat eyes. I learned by watching Youtube and plenty of Drag Race. laugh.gif

makeup is hecka nice. i wear it whenever i leave the house, usually foundation and i'll color-correct the dark circles under my eyes. i'm big on cat eyes and lining my upper waterline, and mascara is definitely a staple. i don't really define my eyebrows since they're already pretty thick, but i do shape them every week.

personally, makeup is empowering and it's something i've always only done for myself, because while i'm comfortable in my own skin, makeup brings about a secure confidence i love. plus it's pretty fun to experiment with, and i love being able to convey different attitudes with it! i just wish i had more money to buy the better brands, lmao. but currently, my faves have been rimmel's stay matte line, and e.l.f and kat von d eyeliner. estee lauder's moisture-binding mascara is hands-down the bomb, if it is a lil bit pricey!

Edited by catmosphere

I have white eyebrows and eyelashes a la Tilde Swanson. So, if I don't wear mascara I look pretty different. But that's about all I'll wear. Eyeliner, I'll add for posh events or going out to a nice place. My eyelids (mostly recessed) aren't the type to show off eyeshadow so it's never been a good option for me. My cheeks are naturally a bit pink on their own, same with my mouth so lip gloss is all I need to look fancy.

Not at all. I think makeup is a waste of time and money. Some of the more dangerous ingredients in makeup are actually toxic. Also, I'm a lazy person. I'm not willing to dedicate any of my time to something that I'll have to reapply soon afterwards. And honestly, I see a lot of girls put on makeup, but I don't think it does any good. No offense intended. It's just seems pointless to me.

I think I figured out why I find makeup slightly offputting on a subconscious level (other than the smell/feel of it) - it's not just distractingly visible, it also obscures the finer nuances of a person's facial mimics and makes them harder to relate to. It's a literal mask, albeit a very thin one.

i rly wanna get my makeup professionally done but only for like a special occasion... uwu

I despise it-- I feel ill just applying something basic like nail polish.