Twyro

Make up

i feel the double eyelid struggle too ; u ; i usually just do a thick line + wings and it works well enough! surgery is definitely something i want in the future, though.

also white eyeliner + mascara = godsends for my unfortunately tiny asian eyes

i absolutely love experimenting with and wearing makeup! <3 lipsticks are my forte.

i feel though i'm broke as heck

ahh, on that note, could i get some advice concerning makeup? i wear it daily and i usually use bbcream or foundation, powder, and a lot of eye products for anywhere from 6 hours to longer, and lately i've discovered my skin is really dry and cracks easily ; u ; do you guys have a routine for after-makeup care? i usually just use facewash and acne cream ; o ;

^ Maybe a hydrating lotion or facial cream... I use the Nivea hydrating lotion, it helps. smile.gif I also have very dry skin on my face, that must be why I never had so much acne.

Anyway, I recently realized that I want to learn how to do the eyeliner thing and... let's say that it's not going so well for me. Kinda like this:

user posted image

Remind me not to experiment with this on my first day of college, people.

i feel the double eyelid struggle too ; u ; i usually just do a thick line + wings and it works well enough! surgery is definitely something i want in the future, though.

also white eyeliner + mascara = godsends for my unfortunately tiny asian eyes

i absolutely love experimenting with and wearing makeup! <3 lipsticks are my forte.

i feel though i'm broke as heck

ahh, on that note, could i get some advice concerning makeup? i wear it daily and i usually use bbcream or foundation, powder, and a lot of eye products for anywhere from 6 hours to longer, and lately i've discovered my skin is really dry and cracks easily ; u ; do you guys have a routine for after-makeup care? i usually just use facewash and acne cream ; o ;

Acne cream is very drying for your skin, I recommend you get a decent moisturizer. There are some pretty good options among drugstore makeup brands if you want something cheap. Make sure you get a moisturizer that specifically claims to help with dry skin - basically, don't get something that says 'for oily skin', lol. I use moisturizer as primer too - just let it soak into your skin for a few minutes before you apply makeup and it will keep makeup from clinging to dry/cracked skin.

ahh thank you both so much! <33 i'll definitely start looking for a way to help my skin <33 i love makeup but wow there's certainly a lot that goes into maintaining your face ; u ;

and omg i feel the eyeliner struggle </33 you'll get better as you go along, though! and wings are always looking so fly

i actually have a great pun : ' D whenever i get compliments on how nice my eyeliner is my response is always "thanks, i winged it" ; ^ ) i'm so clever slaps knee

I love make up, even if most hate it

I've been wearing it for 4 years and my make up can be pretty dramatic

Bold eye liner, eye brows and contouring

I can spend 2 hours or more doing my make up in the Morning (but it must pay off if my friends call me the model of our group:D)

I love the black lipstick and false eye lashes <3

We'll of course many people dislike me for the way I wear my make up

I know every trick in the book! From duck tape to over lathing your lips (with in most cases don't work FYI xd.png)

But I love experimenting

Me and my best friend are total oposides. She wears bring mean pink eye shadow and blue or red lipstick, most people are surprised we are friends but she like a sister to me .3.

Want I hate the most is how people (males or females) that wear make up are protrade in books/movies

;-;

I wear makeup when I leave the house. How much depends on what I'm going out for. Simple everyday errands, it's just a primer and light foundation, setting powder, eye liner and mascara with a swipe of subdued color lipstick. I love playing around with eyeshadow so I wear it when I step up from the "just thrown together" look, and add a brighter lipstick (Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer in "Berry Pop").

I don't do false lashes or curl my eyelashes. Also don't do blush because it really doesn't look very natural on my brown skin.

I like wearing make up but because I'm broke (and cheap) as hell, I only have the basics. When I just go for classes etc, I just put on concealer, mascara, sometimes eye liner and do my brows. I've been meaning to buy a good color lipstick for like a year now but still haven't got to it...

I tried eyeliner and mascara once, but it wasn't such a great experience since I suck at applying the eyeliner xd.png Other than that, I'm normally bareface.

Never ever worn makeup in my life except one or two times when I was performing on stage. And during those times we spent so long to put on the makeup and it felt so weird with all that stuff on my face that I windered how so many women do that everyday. Also I know it's not really makeup but I've also never painted my nails or dyed my hair or any of that stuff before.

i usually fill in my eyebrows as im naturally blond but my hair is dyed black and my eyebrows are way too light for that, i often use a bit of eyeliner as well.

I tell my kids I have to "put my face on the morning. Now every time they see my makeup bag out it's "Oh, Mom's putting her face on!" Yayyyy...

Around the house I'm normally bare faced, but I'll throw eyeliner and mascara on when we go out.

i only wear it occasionally. it feels like i'm playing dress up, same reason i don't wear dresses or super feminine clothing. not entirely sure why!

i like filling in my eyebrows, applying some pinkish red under my eyes, highlighting the corners, maybe curling my lashes and covering the occasional pimple but other than that, it feels weird on my skin. i don't like having to wash my face a lot -it's REALLY hard to take off mascara. plus i don't like caking on foundation to cover my freckles so i'd rather just bleach them and go makeup-less anyway.

maybe i just don't know how to put it on right.

it's ironic that i don't like makeup considering how insecure i am tongue.gif

user posted image

Haha! So true!

I usually stick to cheaper drugstore brands and they work fine for me...Revlon for foundation & eye liner, Covergirl for mascara, Maybelline & NYC for lips and L'Oreal for powder and Elf for setting spray. In fact, after trying a bunch of different primers, I found that Monistat Chaffing Gel works best on my face as a primer (thank you, Amazon reviewers! xd.png)

However, a couple of months back I bought some Clinique stuff as a favor for a friend who worked there, and I finally found my perfect shade of foundation. And I also found that their "pop" line of lipstick actually stay on my lips (I usually "eat off" lipstick within an hour or two of applying). I don't think I will continue to buy the stuff regularly, but at least I have some options if I decide to splurge a little once in a while smile.gif

Edited by lanette

I bought a Hard Candy smokey eye palette from Walmart today on a whim. I am pleased with the result.

user posted image

I bought a Hard Candy smokey eye palette from Walmart today on a whim. I am pleased with the result.

It looks amazing!! I have a hard time pulling off the smokey look because I am so incredibly blonde and pale lol

That being said, I love wearing makeup!! I tend to go subtle smile.gif

user posted image

It looks amazing!! I have a hard time pulling off the smokey look because I am so incredibly blonde and pale lol

That being said, I love wearing makeup!! I tend to go subtle smile.gif

How do you get the kajal to sit nice and dark in your water line like that? Liner pencils pretty much refuse to stick when I try. ;_;

How do you get the kajal to sit nice and dark in your water line like that? Liner pencils pretty much refuse to stick when I try. ;_;

I've been using Quickliner For Eyes Intense by Clinique.

Website.

It's a little more expensive, but it applies nicer and lasts a lot longer. I use Clique foundations as well.

user posted image

-swoons-

You're a goddess. The goddess of eyebrows. Actually you're just really gorgeous in general. But seriously those eyebrows.

I used to have such thick eyebrows ("used to" meaning a year ago) but over the summer I wasn't feeling the bold brows look so I plucked them and now they're much more arched, which I like, but way thinner. I'm (im)patiently trying to grow them back out. I need to find the balance between full and arched because the thicker mine get, the more they tend toward horizontal lines...

user posted image

Ah the elusive smokey eye....no fair ; u ;

I can never get the darn things on right. I always look rather dead after applying ahah but I am also really pale and know nothing of contouring, so there's that.

And yes. Your brows, what do you use? I bought this little eyebrow pomade thing from Walmart the other day and it was okay I guess, but when applied I looked completely and utterly ticked off x:

I'm usually one for just primers/foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner and Peri Pera lip tint in shade Cherry. As you can imagine, my face sometimes looks....busy xd.png

I used to have such thick eyebrows ("used to" meaning a year ago) but over the summer I wasn't feeling the bold brows look so I plucked them and now they're much more arched, which I like, but way thinner. I'm (im)patiently trying to grow them back out. I need to find the balance between full and arched because the thicker mine get, the more they tend toward horizontal lines...

I feel this spiritually. It's so hard finding that perfect arch... I've been plucking my eyebrows for maybe three years and I just now found the right arch I kid you not....and I still wish they were thicker *sigh* I hope you get there one day though! Eyebrows are proving to be the most difficult for a lot of people makeup wise since filling in eyebrows has just started booming.

Edited by Eclipseheart

You're a goddess. The goddess of eyebrows. Actually you're just really gorgeous in general. But seriously those eyebrows.

Aw, shucks!

And yes. Your brows, what do you use?

I rotate between a Pixi by Petra brow powder trio and an angle brush and an It Cosmetics universal brow pencil. smile.gif

user posted image

what is this

I cannot even

y u so purrty

WHY

Your brows are on fleek <3 I love the smoky eye on you!

Your brows are on fleek <3 I love the smoky eye on you!

She is the goddess of eyebrows

I only wear foundation because I am lazy x_x

You only wear foundation to give the rest of us poor schmucks a chance. Your cheekbones plus blush and bronzer would make me ragequit.

Edit: Thanks, Stellaluna!

Edited by Marrionetta