Twyro

Make up

3. I've got this conspiracy theory that makeup is formulated specifically to make your skin worse so you have to buy even more makeup. It's like this vicious cycle of spending money.

That's why I like my BB creme. xd.png I've noticed an improved complexion over the time I have worn it. When I tried foundations, they just were greasy and cloggy. I hated them so never wore them.

i rly love makeup omg bless <33

i wear it a lot!! wearing makeup gives me confidence and it really pays off to stop and look at a mirror like dang you lookin slay today kill em

my favourites are liquid eyeliner and red lipstick : ' ^ ) admittedly i don't wear red lipstick that much since i'm a little young and i feel like i'd scare the school, but i'm a huge fan of dramatic makeup and looking super unique <33 my friend was the one who introduced me to makeup and i'd kill for her contour skills tbh

admittedly it takes a long time in the morning but i basically work off three hours and coffee so its all ok

2. I value my sleep. A lot. The last thing I want to do is get up 15-20 minutes early just to put on makeup. (Read: I'm lazy. xd.png)

THIS.

I do like makeup and I think it's pretty nice, but I just don't have the time for it. Also I have no idea how to use it usually.

I don't wear it very often, though I do have some. When I wear it I get mistaken for a girl much more often and that makes me so uncomfy, you have no idea.

Other than for special events like weddings or school musicals, I pretty much never wear it. I'm lazy. Also I have no idea how to use it properly anyways. It is pretty, though.

Wait, just how much time do you spend putting on make up on a regular working day? blink.gif

I've heard people say like 15-30 minutes, and I'm like, in 15-20 minutes I've done the following: washed up, brushed my teeth, put on BB cream, lip balm, and mascara, gotten dressed, brushed my hair, and I'm out the door.

Wait, just how much time do you spend putting on make up on a regular working day?  blink.gif

I've heard people say like 15-30 minutes, and I'm like, in 15-20 minutes I've done the following: washed up, brushed my teeth, put on BB cream, lip balm, and mascara, gotten dressed, brushed my hair, and I'm out the door.

I need around 45 minutes to get ready.

But that includes showering, washing my hair and blow drying it, as well as packing my stuff for uni/work, making myself a cup of tea and then putting on make-up, usually a full face^^

So, yeah, I use concealer (scars and stress- and hormon-related acne), foundation (uneven skin tone), powder (just feels better), blush, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner, brow powder, setting spray and lipstick.

Depending on the occasion, it's either a softer, more natural look or something a little stronger.

I just really like make-up, especially eyeshadow, and, believe it or not, my skin's actually gotten better since I started using it almost daily (I do tend to skip it on weekends, just to let my skin rest a little).

Of course, for parties, photo shoots and theatre, I tend to go heavier, but not by that much.

I used to barely do anything, then I got really into eyeshadow and it spiraled from there^^ I now also do "looks" for "models" (friends and acquaintances) my best friend photographs, since I'm the closest to a make-up artist we know.

Edited by Alandra

I like make-up, but I don't use it every day for a few reasons. One, I like the attitude I have towards it now. On the one or two days a week I use it, it makes me feel pretty. I'm afraid that if I use it every day, instead of giving me the occasional boost, I'll start to feel like I can't look presentable without it. I don't want to become dependent on it and feel like I can't leave the house without it. Two, I like my sleep. I'm just too lazy to wake up early every morning to wear it to class. And my skin does break out if I use it too much. I'm sure there are things I could do to make that better, but I'd rather just limit my use of make-up.

But I really love eye-shadow and eyeliner. Lately I've been on a purple kick. I have hazel eyes and I think purple eye-shadow really brings out the green, though I do use other colors, too. I think experimenting with different combinations is fun.

Why would I want to cover up all my gorgeous? xd.png

Nah, I don't wear it because it takes too long to put on and literally I roll out of bed like 5 minutes before I need to leave for anything. Might put on some eyeliner if it's a schmancy occasion.

I do. I enjoy the artistry and the skill it takes to really get it right. I know some people will say that no makeup is more attractive or that wearing makeup is like lying to everyone that looks at your face, but I don't care. I wear it for myself, not anyone else, and I'm not that concerned with what other people think about my appearance, with or without makeup.

I say, if a person wants to wear makeup, than who are we to complain? If it makes you feel more confident: GO FOR IT.

I wear make up religiously and I don't even care. I'm happier with eyeliner and foundation on and that's just me.

People are like, "just be natural." Well, the most natural me is when I'm wearing makeup, because I feel like I'm presenting myself wrong when I roll out of bed and just leave the house. I'm a clean person and I want to look like it.

It takes me 90 minutes to get ready, but hardly any of that is spent on makeup. I shower in the mornings. P:

I used to use makeup to cover up acne, but I've found that the more I use makeup, the better care of my skin I take. I've now got a sunscreen-added daily facial moisturizer, a nice CC cream, and a clarifying pressed powder. I am pretty religious about cleansing at the end of the day - super happy skin.

I used to use makeup to cover up acne, but I've found that the more I use makeup, the better care of my skin I take. I've now got a sunscreen-added daily facial moisturizer, a nice CC cream, and a clarifying pressed powder. I am pretty religious about cleansing at the end of the day - super happy skin.

What clarifying powder do you use, and do you have oily, convo, or dry skin? I have combo, and my oily sections get so icky after a few hours. I've pretty much resorted to not wearing anything over my forehead so I can blot all dang day. I would love a better solution though.

I like make-up, but since I'm the type of person who gets ready at the last moment my make-up is usually limited to lipstick (always) and mascara (occasionally). I don't use eye-shadow nearly as often as I'd like.

Also, perfume. I can't leave the house without spraying some on.

Makeup is one of my favorite things and I prefer to take my time with every aspect of it, since I always wear some amount of makeup when I leave the house, but if I'm going someplace quick I just stick to foundation, brows, and mascara.

I watch makeup videos/tutorials religiously on YouTube. Lauren Curtis and Jaclyn Hill are my favorites, though I also really love saaammage's foundation reviews and lately I've been watching NikkieTutorials a lot. I really enjoy watching people put on makeup, there's something very soothing about it, and it inspires me to put more effort into my own appearance.

btw I don't wear makeup to "impress boys" (I'm a lesbian for one thing) and I don't wear it because I'm uncomfortable with my natural face. I love my face with and without makeup, sometimes to the point of seeming like a total narcissist. Makeup is just fun to shop for and fun to use, and I do think it looks attractive; plus, hearing "your blush is always so on point" from fellow makeup-enthusiasts is a great ego-boost :P

Edited by glamoursea2

I wear make-up to work (foundation, mascara, lipstick) but not at weekends.

I've actually never worn make up (that time when a friend of mine gave me a makeover), because I just don't have the time nor patience to do it - I also prefer myself natural, so I usually feel like I won't even need make up. ~

Even though I don't wear make up myself, I respect the people that do. The art of make up is actually really impressive, it it's done with patience.

I use eyeliner and mascara. Since I am a caregiver("nurse") with a graveyard shift, it is slightly useless for me to do my make-up. Maybe once I move up the ladder I'll worry about it.

Clinique powder foundation, an earthy colored eye shadow, black mascara and eyeliner, though not too much. Occasionally I'll wear lip gloss, but I like the naked lip look smile.gif

I basically only use foundation. Generally it's just too much work to be asked to put makeup on, though there are times when I want to but can't because all I own is foundation.

Makeup has never interested me. Stuff to clean the skin seems like a good investment (especially since I have oily skin), but actual makeup? I think I look fine without it, so I'll save my money for other things. smile.gif