Twyro

Make up

I've never used makeup before. I was never too confident with how I looked but the idea of using makeup makes me a bit uncomfortable, maybe I'll get into it when I'm older. ^^

What clarifying powder do you use, and do you have oily, convo, or dry skin? I have combo, and my oily sections get so icky after a few hours. I've pretty much resorted to not wearing anything over my forehead so I can blot all dang day. I would love a better solution though.

Believe it or not I cover my nice CC cream with a cheapo ELF pressed clarifying powder. It was literally 99 cents on Walgreens.com a year ago.

My skin is combination, with a normal base and an oily-ish t-zone. I only struggle with it when I use a primer under my foundation - it makes it slip a bit. Repowdering usually solves the issue. I also have blotting papers from Sephora that take up oil without disturbing makeup much.

Also remember that oily skin is often skin trying to compensate for low moisture - do you use a moisturizer daily? I have some simple neutrogena daily light facial moisturizer with SPF 50, and my skin, paradoxically, produces less oil now than it did before.

I wish you luck!

closest I come to makeup is nail polish. And that is on my toes - since I can't use it on my fingers. (work in food)

I think its pretyt but I don't feel I need it.

I wear makeup when I'm bored or feel like I need to feel more confident that day. I really like wearing it, but I am still learning how to do stuff with it. So it's kind of trail and error.

I've been trying to use eyeshadows lately, but man, I just don't get them. I watch dozens of videos but I think my problem is my lack of a good primer. But who knows?

I started using make up because I got acne and I just wanted to cover it up. Since then I really like doing my make up. I don't really leave the house without it now and I usually go for a natural look. My fav. make up item is rose lipstick. smile.gif

I recently got myself these:

user posted image - thumbnail because it's a bit larger

Saved up some money to purchase them as I really needed something nude for a more natural type of look. which I also love to do. They look perfect on me and I couldn't be happier. wub.gif

Use to love my bb creams, they worked amazingly. My favourite make-up products was always blusher and bb creams. But i've stopped make-up for a bit, to improve my skin and get more comfortable at being natural instead of wearing make-up a lot.

I only touch foundation and sometimes lipgloss. If there is an extremely important event, I'll touch the blush, eye shadow, and eyelash enhancer. I'm honestly not a very girly...well, girl.

I love it! biggrin.gif But red lipstick is not my thing, I'd never wear it. At least I never thought of it, I'm too obsessed with pink blush and rose lipstick. And I also like to put a lot of glitter on my eyes when I go to parties. wink.gif

As a guy, no.

I also find it unappealing when I see a girl with so much of the stuff on that I wonder if the next thing that'll come out of her mouth is "We kill the Batman."

I'm not really in to make up, just seems a lottt of effort for something you're only going to wear for a few hours tongue.gif

I like funky colour nail varnish.. That lasts a bit longer! laugh.gif

I used to not care about makeup, but around grade 11 I looked in the mirror one day and scared myself with what I saw. Like that scene from Watamote where that girl looks at herself properly for the first time in years and experienced the Gestaltzerfall effect because it was too horrible. xd.png

From then on, I've taken better care of my face and hygiene and make sure to apply a little bit of stuff to hide dark circles and even out my patchy skin. I don't really do eye makeup since I have double lids, meaning that when I open my eye you can't see my eyeliner at all (any tips for that? :0) and I have the bad habit of licking off lipstick. Total time to prepare: 5 to 10 minutes since I'm basically just doing foundation.

I don't really do eye makeup since I have double lids, meaning that when I open my eye you can't see my eyeliner at all (any tips for that? :0) and I have the bad habit of licking off lipstick.

One of my college friends has the same problem and that's why she avoids using eyeliner and never really learned how to apply it. smile.gif She decided to solve it by surgery and said that it was a simple, routine procedure that fixes the issue 100%.

But if you don't feel like solving it that way, you can always try these: http://magicstripes.com/pages/application

These are pretty useful! biggrin.gif

Never really been one for makeup. I'll put some BB cream, eyeshadow and blush on if I'm going out, but otherwise just don't bother with the stuff. I do have uneven skin tone on my face, which the BB cream does cover up, but I tend to find that after a few hours, it's sunk into my pores, and shows off the fine lines I have. Or it might just be that I'm not very good at applying it.

One of my friends in college slathered me in makeup once. Trouble was, she made me up the way she put her own makeup on. I looked awful. Really didn't suit me at all.

Never really been one for makeup. I'll put some BB cream, eyeshadow and blush on if I'm going out, but otherwise just don't bother with the stuff. I do have uneven skin tone on my face, which the BB cream does cover up, but I tend to find that after a few hours, it's sunk into my pores, and shows off the fine lines I have. Or it might just be that I'm not very good at applying it.

One of my friends in college slathered me in makeup once. Trouble was, she made me up the way she put her own makeup on. I looked awful. Really didn't suit me at all.

Make sure you use a good moisturizer first, let it soak in, then use a primer. The primer really helps with keeping the making up place. Over the top put a good translucent finishing powder (I really like Etude House), and it sticks like glue while still breathing. I never wear heavy makeup. I just do moisturizer, primer, BB cream, finishing powder, and a bit of blush if I am feeling sassy.

Make sure you use a good moisturizer first, let it soak in, then use a primer. The primer really helps with keeping the making up place. Over the top put a good translucent finishing powder (I really like Etude House), and it sticks like glue while still breathing. I never wear heavy makeup. I just do moisturizer, primer, BB cream, finishing powder, and a bit of blush if I am feeling sassy.

Thanks for the tips! I always use moisturizer anyway. Don't have a primer, but will look around and see what there is on offer.

I started using makeup to enhance my eyes. I don't have any pimples....I know that's pretty uncommon for a teen, but it's true. ( I do use an acne preventing cream though). Mostly, I wanted something to make my boring brown eyes look better, so I got some mascara and navy-blue pencil eye-liner. And sometimes I use lip gloss.

I like make-up, but I usually only use it if I know I'm gonna see a certain guy.... biggrin.gif

Edited by SilentWhisperer

I'm 16 and in high school, and believe it or not I've never worn make up (not willingly, anyway). The last time I wore make up was when I was like, 6 and in a dance class. That's it.

I honestly don't even know how to apply it, or what to do with it.

Which is pretty uncommon for a girl that's 16. But like, I've just never...I dunno, I wear band t-shirts and jeans and that's it. xd.png

Which is pretty uncommon for a girl that's 16. But like, I've just never...I dunno, I wear band t-shirts and jeans and that's it. xd.png

Not really. Maybe it's because I was kind of a nerd who had nerd friends who didn't really use the stuff, but at 16 (and 17) I didn't even think of makeup. tongue.gif Just jeans and plaid everywhere.

I just discovered lipstain and am uttely in love with it. I've never worn anything on my lips as a part of my makeup routine, but I like how subtle it is and that I can just rub lib balm on top without affecting it. No worries about smudging and it lasts pretty much the whole day. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it but wears makeup.

Does nail polish count? xP

I have short nails and not too many shades because my mum only bothers getting shades of red or pink and I don't like those too much xd.png

I normally do not put on makeup or nail polish though.

I wear mascara sometimes. Experimenting with eye shadow colours is also fun, but I don't usually wear them out 'for real.'

Edited by sparkle10184