Thuban

Trader's Canyon

I want to add my fully support to this suggestion. It may also became my favourite way to "relase" prizes to everyone outside the raffle. Relasing as rewards CB ALTs, Hybrids and Old Holidays also seems perfect to my eyes, because they will still be special, rare and balanced.

It's just a brilliant way to add more interesting things to do into a collectionable game that could became a little boring/repetitive after 3-4 years of playing. Don't get me wrong, I would still play even if this won't be introduced, BUT I still see it as a wonderful solution to distribute elite and retired dragons. I can see this as a wonderful gift for every future new Dragon Cave player, because he/she will be able to earn retired holidays and such.

This game will be totally OPTIONAL.

Those who don't want to play it won't have any kind of disadvantage and probably they will be those who are not interested in created lineages with such dragons, so even a messy shimmer or a messy yulebuck are ok.

I've noticed you didn't add Bright Pinks and Frilled as "rewards" for this game, probably because you think they will return in cave? xd.png

Doesn't need fast connection, doesn't need high skills or a dumb luck. It rewards the "loyalty" to the site, because you need to connect everyday to max your points.

It could be used a game that reflects DC's background, to be more lore friendly.

Wonderful suggestion. + 1000.

I've noticed you didn't add Bright Pinks and Frilled as "rewards" for this game, probably because you think they will return in cave? xd.png.png

Its because I have no commitment one way or other on it. Them being added or not is up to the artists in question and TJ.. not me.. or anyone else. I like the idea of including frills at least (i dont think old pinks are request-able as HM) but.. whether they are added or not plays no part in how this suggestion works. If they are included, yay, if not.. oh well. It doesnt break the suggestion.

That's a pretty accurate statement. No, neither of us has any leverage to get anything that's been retired into the shop. However, we can suggest it just because.

All I want is a NON-competitive way to EARN eggs. NOT a raffle, NOT an RPG, NOT a best high score wins.. or top 10 or top X

What prizes would I like to see?

CB Shimmers (limit 2 per scroll, per color variant)

CB Tinsels (limit 2 per scroll, per color variant)

CB Hybrids (no limits)

CB Holidays (xmas & v'day, limit 2 per scroll)

CB ALTS or color variants that are breed only (no limits)

NO mini-game exclusive prize (it's apparent to me that the majority of folk object to this)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO Guardians of Nature (Avatars are hybrids)

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

Should new 'prize' dragons be added, I'd want them available too with a 2 per scroll limit, per color variant if any.

though I don't particularly agree with making them only have a chance to alt unless they're really cheap. If I'm paying for something I expect to get what I'm paying for. Paying for a "maybe" probably wouldn't be worth it to me, even though I like all three breeds.

If the CBs bought through the store only have a chance to alt, they should be the same price of a comparably rare (or common) egg that does not have a chance to alt (which I believe is common (the step above "cave-blocker" for all three).

All I want is a NON-competitive way to EARN eggs. NOT a raffle, NOT an RPG, NOT a best high score wins.. or top 10 or top X

What method would you prefer, Cinn ?

I side with the "No, Thanks".

It seems like an interesting idea, but there are some serious downsides, for me it opens a door (incidentally, also the door I can envision many users will walk out and leave the game). It introduces a currency into the game, makes certain things exclusive, benefits people with a lot of time on their hand above those who do not and it is basically "click button - get egg", even if you have a lag in between where you collect points, so it is a sudden egg creation.

Even though with my crappy connection, I would actually be one who could benefit from it, I still think it is not a good idea.

I don't understand your point of view. How could do this make more exclusives? It aims to erase them. It won't benefits people with a lot of time because you can play x minigame 3 times per day, it won't take more time than refreshing biomes for 1 hour.

It introduces currency, a neutral currency that cannot be tradeable and won't interfere with the trade market. If you don't want to play you won't have any kind of disadvantage, it will still be the same dragon cave as before.

For one - how is that decided? It's good enough for the store but not a release? It's rejected for the site but added to the store anyway?

Some specific breeds has been selected.

CB ALT vines, undines,black and CB Hybrids must be really rare or don't exist at all in order to justify the fact that we can only get "normal" dragons with the cave system. The easiest way to make everyone able to earn it is via minigame, with a cap and such. There must be few of them because you are technically not supposed to have them, because they were created to be available to everyone through breeding and doesn't exists at all as CB.

However this thing doesn't make sense to me in biological way. Are CB dragons born from stone and pieces of rocks? Of course there have to be CB ALT vines, undines,black and CB Hybrids in the DC's world. This is a nice way to introduce them.

Old Holidays have earn the "special" status and TJ himself said they won't return in cave. The fairest way to make even new players able to earn them is making them available thought minigames, with limited time, caps and such.

I wouldn't like to see CB gold, silver and such as rewards (When we speak about minigames could we use this term instead of prizes, please?) because the main game must still be played, I mean, the cave shouldn't loose its value to my eyes.

CB Hybrids (no limits)

NO mini-game exclusive prize (it's apparent to me that the majority of folk object to this)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

Should new 'prize' dragons be added, I'd want them available too with a 2 per scroll limit, per color variant if any.

Frills are available as HM raffle prizes, so why not for the Store?

Also, why not Halloween CBs?

What method would you prefer, Cinn ?

I don't care if you call it a store... collecting points... collecting mana... whatever. As long as I'm not competing with faster computers or players with better reflexes. I just want a way to get the dragons I listed that is NOT the raffle. I HATE the raffle and wish it would go away.

Halloween CBs are implied, but they have no limits so no reason for them.

Also, we've got a very good chance of seeing Frills back as a regular dragon. Lyth is a go for that, and TJ didn't nix the idea.

I'm also with Cin: I want some way through dedication and loyalty over time to the site that I can earn those really nice Prizes. I don't care if it takes a year.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

CB Hybrids (no limits)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

Thanks for weighing in, I was wondering when you would tongue.gif

It seems that you are fairly on the same page as I am on a lot of these.

GoNs: I have not at any point considered adding GoNs to this. Unless limits were going to be raised (whatever you can actually summon, PLUS the ability to "purchase" 2, AND they will not be tradable) it just makes no sense to add them. Summon ability, as annoying as it is, is a completely acceptable method for getting them.

Prizes: If there is a new prize, I would not want it added to the store for at least 2 years. This would simply be to keep them special to those specific winners for the same time frame the other ones had each. Otherwise, if we are doing a point limit, 2 of each one is... ok... but over the past 24 hours, I have been leaning more and more towards one of each being able to be purchased.

Spriter alts (and recolors) have been hashed out multiple times, as have store exclusives. It seems most people are leaning towards no on those, and at this point in time, have no impact on this suggestion, because I've already acknowledges those wont play a part unless the spriters and tj want to allow them. The same with frills and old pinks

As for Sweetlings: if a scroll is programmed to get black sweets, then they should get the black sweets, just like anyone with pink ones would get pink ones. None of my holiday ideas involve changing anything about the already existing, in game mechanics for them (outside of simply making them available as cbs). The 2 cb limit, still applies. The colorations a particular scroll would have, still applies.

I am still very much against anything that is currently catchable/obtainable IN CAVE/by summoning showing up in this store. The only exceptions of course are the breedable alts, which I explained at the top of this page smile.gif

Edited by Thuban

CB Halloweens not being hardcoded limited doesn't mean there is no reason to get them anymore. Technically, they were limited by being available in only a single holiday season. So if you want to include CB Valentines of all years, Halloweens should be included as an option, too.

I don't think she was excluding CB Halloweens as it didn't appear expressively on the "NO" list. I think she was just trying to say something on the lines of, "Yeah, CB Holidays, but Christmas and Valentine should be limited at 2 as they always have been".

"CB Holidays (xmas & v'day, limit 2 per scroll)" seems to exclude Halloweens fairly clearly, in my eyes.

Because I hope that the Frills will be re-released at some point. There has been discussion in other threads that this might happen, and if so Frills would be available in cave and wouldn't need to be in the store.

Halloween dragons are debatable. Supposedly, they have 'no limits' but they are only available during their season. So there is the issue of, how many Halloweens should be allowed per person? I have a gold trophy, so I can usually get 8 Halloweens. I'm not much of a trader tho and I've heard of folk managing to get 20 or more. So basically, I didn't include CB Halloweens because their circumstances aren't fixed like the xmas and v'day dragons.

"CB Holidays (xmas & v'day, limit 2 per scroll)" seems to exclude Halloweens fairly clearly, in my eyes.

Actually I interpreted that as as CB holidays (but valentine and XMAS are only 2 per scroll as always)..ie: those are still limited, but more halloween are ok

How wonderful would it be to have more than four Marrows? ...or a way to even out those odd numbers of Halloweens that some of us non-traders ended up with. *dreams*

...... Oh, sorry. Please carry on.

And for once Cinnamon and I are in agreement. The end of world is surely upon us. tongue.gif

And for once Cinnamon and I are in agreement. The end of world is surely upon us. tongue.gif

I'm sort of having that notion too. There are a few people who have commented, that I was sure were going to be against this one that actually seem to support the idea, in their own ways. Usually.. my ideas dont go over well smile.gif

I'm glad to see you guys (general you) bantering back and forth to find ways to make this work. Some interesting suggestions have come up, and its refreshing to see people entertain the idea, even if they dont fully like the idea, rather than shoot it down into a flaming pile of burny goodness. Thank you all for keeping it pleasant.

I think if CB Halloweens get included, they should cap out at 7 (which is the gold trophy limit for eggs) or eight if TJ decides to ever add in that extra slot. Not that I would try to get that many, but so they have a standard cap like the rest of the holiday dragons and aren't infinitely dispensable.

Edited by Jazeki

I think if CB Halloweens get included, they should cap out at 7 (which is the gold trophy limit for eggs) or eight if TJ decides to ever add in that extra slot. Not that I would try to get that many, but so they have a standard cap like the rest of the holiday dragons and aren't infinitely dispensable.

I dont feel they really need a cap. They have no cap, why add a cap? The cap is how many points the person has to spend at the time they are available + how many available slots the person has + How much they can possibly raise in the window they are actually available for. And, they would NOT be tradable, since holidays are in my no trade list tongue.gif

I.. dont see a reason to cap them.

Edited by Thuban

[...]

I'm glad to see you guys (general you) bantering back and forth to find ways to make this work. Some interesting suggestions have come up, and its refreshing to see people entertain the idea, even if they dont fully like the idea, rather than shoot it down into a flaming pile of burny goodness. Thank you all for keeping it pleasant.

Well, you know most of us are pleasant when we are well medicated smile.gif lol/jk.

But in all seriousness, don't take my Zyrtec. Or my Advair. Or my Singulair. I get mean off my meds. and someone has to teach me that super-small type thing.

Edited by amthystfire

But there are people with 20, 30,...more CB Halloweens because they traded for them. These guys don't have a scroll limit like Christmas and Vals do.

I agree there ought to be some limit on how many Halloweens you could get from this. I'm one of those people who've managed to trade for many more than 7 CBs of many Halloween breeds (the only ones I don't is Pumpkins and that was my first ever DC holiday, so I barely had a clue what I was doing). It would seem kind of weird to be able to add massively to my current pile. :s

I'm not sure why we should add caps/restrictions to anything... Don't we have enough of those constraints already?