Thuban

Trader's Canyon

5 minutes ago, olympe said:

Why? Some old holidays are rather hard to get... Although maybe their price would need to be re-evaluated.

Maybe drop down to a month's worth earning because they all come right after another and I was under the impression that each cb would be available during their respective season.

@Rekha I don't imagine having this currency would really impact the game so much. If you don't like it, you can still play the game as you always have. The currency itself would not be tradable between users, unlike most sites that have that.

I would be fine with keeping holidays in the shop. Depends on if limits are still a thing next year or not, though.

To those against any sort of in-game currency: Why? I'm genuinely curious about the reasons behind your stance.

I'm very very firmly against *many* forms of in-game currency that are on other games, mostly because the only way to really get ahead is to actually *buy* in-game currency with real money which is just so totally wrong, or because earning the currency requires hours upon hours of effort every single day (something I've come to learn is called 'grinding'). There are reasons I stopped playing certain other games, and never even attempted to play others, and their in-game currency is like 99% of those reasons. 

However, this particular suggestion for in-game currency doesn't really have those issues that I'm so firmly against. Grinding in general would be impossible because of the relatively low cap per... 8 days, I think it was? You can earn the maximum currency simply by playing the game as you already do. Currency can't be bought by real money or traded between users, so there is no real chance of anyone hoarding tons of extra currency. Which is why I'm honestly curious about the reasons some people are so against the idea.

5 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

Currency can't be bought by real money or traded between users, so there is no real chance of anyone hoarding tons of extra currency.

While the currency can't be traded, can the eggs you buy be traded? On Lioden, event currency can't be traded directly, but people will "buy it" by paying other users to buy what you want from the event shop.

My husband and I are very different types of players. While I would surely be able to reach my max every week he would not. It would then make his already not so obtainable scroll goals that much more unobtainable. Beyond how skewed the game becomes with currency there is the desire for prize dragons being able to be bought. This would destroy the value of prize dragons more than the raffle already has. Dragons that I had to work hard to trade for in the past suddenly have no value and that will only get worse. The only way I would be okay with buying prize dragons is if it was a completely different prize dragon not the ones currently in the raffle system. 

9 minutes ago, Rekha said:

My husband and I are very different types of players. While I would surely be able to reach my max every week he would not. It would then make his already not so obtainable scroll goals that much more unobtainable. Beyond how skewed the game becomes with currency there is the desire for prize dragons being able to be bought. This would destroy the value of prize dragons more than the raffle already has. Dragons that I had to work hard to trade for in the past suddenly have no value and that will only get worse. The only way I would be okay with buying prize dragons is if it was a completely different prize dragon not the ones currently in the raffle system. 

Please no new prize dragons. I'm not sure how long you've been working, but many prize lines have been destroyed. As others have mentioned, very high gens used to go for rares. I traded a 3rd gen silver back in the day for a "rare" 7th gen line. Now it just sits on my scroll. I'm not sure how you think they will function any differently than the raffle prizes that are given out. They will be locked to scrolls and function just like all the other prizes.

Edit: trader canyon only prize variants would just create yet another exclusive for people to fight over.

@Ariento I'm pretty sure all dragons obtained will be locked to scrolls, so no worries about trading.

Edited by Jazeki

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Please no new prize dragons. I'm not sure how long you've been working, but many prize lines have been destroyed. As others have mentioned, very high gens used to go for rares. I traded a 3rd gen silver back in the day for a "rare" 7th gen line. Now it just sits on my scroll. I'm not sure how you think they will function any differently than the raffle prizes that are given out. They will be locked to scrolls and function just like all the other prizes.

@Ariento I'm pretty sure all dragons obtained will be locked to scrolls, so no worries about trading.

That's why I'm against us being able to buy prize dragons my beautiful lines have absolutely no value any more so if there are prizes in the market it should be a new one all together so as to not further destroy the current prizes. I'd personally rather no prizes at all. 

12 minutes ago, Ariento said:

While the currency can't be traded, can the eggs you buy be traded? On Lioden, event currency can't be traded directly, but people will "buy it" by paying other users to buy what you want from the event shop.

If you read the very first post in this thread it specifically says "-There is absolutely no user to user interaction for any part of this. Nothing obtained from the store is tradable, the currency is untradable."

@Rekha I'm glad you have beautiful lines that used to be worth so much. Many of us believe that Prize dragons, and beautiful Prize lines, should not be restricted to only a few lucky users. Some of us believe the raffles should've never happened in the first place and Prizes should've never been so completely exclusive. I personally don't like the completely skewed have/have-nots that Prizes split the userbase into, and I do not like that Prize winners have such a total monopoly on trading and on Prize lineages. I would much rather have never had Prizes at all, but we can't change the past. What we can do is fix the complete unfairness of the huge advantage that Prize winners have, by making Prizes more accessible to everyone.

I for one WANT to see the "value" of bred Prizes "destroyed". They're ludicrously high.

What I want to see is for raffles to stay, so that people can still luck into a Prize without effort, but for everyone who wants to to have the ability to work to earn a CB Prize over the course of six months to a year. Bred prize lines would still have value to collectors and to those looking for mates for their bred dragons. They should not be the end-all be-all in the trading market when the CB owners made no effort whatsoever to get them.

Eta: Full disclosure - I have two 2G Prizes that were given to me by very generous  CB Prize owners. I did nothing to work for them and have been able to get some beautiful things over the years by trading their offspring. I'd be fine with the 3gs having no value at all if it meant that everyone got a chance to work for a CB Prize of their own .

Edited by LibbyLishly

Does it matter if your lines have trading value or not? As long as they're beautiful looking, it shouldn't matter if they're Prizes or commons or whatever. That's just what I think.

3 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

If you read the very first post in this thread it specifically says "-There is absolutely no user to user interaction for any part of this. Nothing obtained from the store is tradable, the currency is untradable."

@Rekha I'm glad you have beautiful lines that used to be worth so much. Many of us believe that Prize dragons, and beautiful Prize lines, should not be restricted to only a few lucky users. Some of us believe the raffles should've never happened in the first place and Prizes should've never been so completely exclusive. I personally don't like the completely skewed have/have-nots that Prizes split the userbase into, and I do not like that Prize winners have such a total monopoly on trading and on Prize lineages. I would much rather have never had Prizes at all, but we can't change the past. What we can do is fix the complete unfairness of the huge advantage that Prize winners have, by making Prizes more accessible to everyone.

Sorry I understand where you are coming from but I don't agree with you. I have always enjoyed prize dragons and their rarity and don't want to see them diluted any more than they already are. 

I knew I would be the unpopular vote but even if I didn't have my prize I would feel the same exact way. A prize is just that a prize if everyone can get them they are no longer prizes. 

1 minute ago, Rekha said:

I knew I would be the unpopular vote but even if I didn't have my prize I would feel the same exact way. A prize is just that a prize if everyone can get them they are no longer prizes. 

No, a prize to me is something I work for. Not something I win casually from a silly game of chance.

4 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

I for one WANT to see the "value" of bred Prizes "destroyed". They're ludicrously high.

What I want to see is for raffles to stay, so that people can still luck into a Prize without effort, but for everyone who wants to to have the ability to work to earn a CB Prize over the course of six months to a year. Bred prize lines would still have value to collectors and to those looking for mates for their bred dragons. They should not be the end-all be-all in the trading market when the CB owners made no effort whatsoever to get them.

My exact thoughts. I'd like to see the value destroyed, then soon after, perhaps some more rares like Golds and Silvers to be thrown into the cave.

19 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

@Rekha

I did read the first post, but I must have missed that 😅

Carry on.

35 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

Eta: Full disclosure - I have two 2G Prizes that were given to me by very generous  CB Prize owners. I did nothing to work for them and have been able to get some beautiful things over the years by trading their offspring. I'd be fine with the 3gs having no value at all if it meant that everyone got a chance to work for a CB Prize of their own .

I agree 100%. And I also have 2 2gen prizes - one a gift and one that I traded for for NOT a huge amount. It still took a little while but was easily achievable. The trade market is horribly skewed, and it is all down to prizes.

1 hour ago, Rekha said:

Sorry I understand where you are coming from but I don't agree with you. I have always enjoyed prize dragons and their rarity and don't want to see them diluted any more than they already are. 

I am guessing you have seen the math in other threads where it would take 10 years at best for a user to win a prize. CBs will never lose their value as they are scroll locked.  2nd gens are still quite valuable and unobtainable for the most part. It's not like everyone would be able to buy a prize immediately and not everyone wants one. I'm sad my high gen prizes don't trade anymore, but I also would like to not wait ten years to maybe win.

35 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

I am guessing you have seen the math in other threads where it would take 10 years at best for a user to win a prize. CBs will never lose their value as they are scroll locked.  2nd gens are still quite valuable and unobtainable for the most part. It's not like everyone would be able to buy a prize immediately and not everyone wants one. I'm sad my high gen prizes don't trade anymore, but I also would like to not wait ten years to maybe win.

People were talking about being able to get one or two a year. To me thats just way too many. Sorry that I don't agree but even if I didn't have a prize, I wouldn't want everyone to be able to obtain a cb. If everyone has it then it is no longer a prize to me.

But the current way prizes are altered the game in a way that was purely negative (the stranglehold Prizes have is ridiculous, and I say this as someone who traded an arm for 2nd gens and immediately lost all trading benefit to having them by the addition of the monthly raffles). Nothing else in the game is this bad, and nothing else has remained exclusive.

To me, this indicates that the current status of Prizes was a mistake.

e: Also, you underestimate how long a year is. People leave games permenantly in that time span all the time. If anything, it'll just put Prizes on an even keel with Golds. One a year is not a lot.

Edited by Guillotine

18 minutes ago, Rekha said:

People were talking about being able to get one or two a year. To me thats just way too many. Sorry that I don't agree but even if I didn't have a prize, I wouldn't want everyone to be able to obtain a cb. If everyone has it then it is no longer a prize to me.

How is earning two or three any different than the lucky people who have already won two or three in the span of a couple months since the raffle resumed? 

5 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

How is earning two or three any different than the lucky people who have already won two or three in the span of a couple months since the raffle resumed? 

Because there are a few lucky people that have... where as what you want is everyone to be able to do that and I just don't want it. So lets just agree to disagree here.

2 minutes ago, Rekha said:

Because there are a few lucky people that have... where as what you want is everyone to be able to do that and I just don't want it. So lets just agree to disagree here.

Everyone has the ability to win a prize if they enter, odds just are not in everyone's favor that they will win in a short amount of time.

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

Everyone has the ability to win a prize if they enter, odds just are not in everyone's favor that they will win in a short amount of time.

So then why do we need to change this if everyone has the ability? I understand the odds aren't in everyone's favor, the odds are the same for everyone who enters. The odds suck if everyone wants one right away but I don't think everyone should be able to get them right away.

The entry requirement for the raffles is so low that you only need to be active one week out of a month to win, where this would require a year. If anything, this is more restrictive.

e: Not even the full week, you'd only need to log in for like three days.

Edited by Guillotine