Thuban

Trader's Canyon

Alts and hybrids were never meant to be CB.

As for Alt Sweetlings and the different snow angels - I do hope you aren't asking to be able to get those. I got the snow angel I like least - and even I am not asking for that !

Well.. to be fair, I would love it if the scroll lock for the angels was lifted, so the other sprites could be collected. It makes sense for the first ones obtained to be all one kind.. but after a few years of being limited to only being able to do specific kinds of lineages, I'm kinda over that.

But, the ability to get other versions we arent meant to have, isnt part of this. It would be nice though, if bred ones kept the parents colors....

CB alts and hybrids will NOT be part of this, at all. I refuse to add them back into the list, no matter how many times people ask. tongue.gif

The Snow Angels could actually have a potential for a change potion... but the only (big) drawback is that it would affect already existent lineages... It looks like the worst mistake about them that was ever there was to make them completely no choice in the very beginning... each scroll, upon catching the first Snow Angel, should have asked which of the variants you choose to have for it. White/Gold/3-Coloured/random. But well, it's too late... The only way this could be fixed now I think is a potion that changes the colour of an >individual< SA egg before it hatches(like influence) or not later than upon growing up OR 1st breeding. Your scroll would auto-assume your random default variant and whenever you wanted another variant, you'd have to use the potion to each single egg you want to be different.

I like my variant (I only dislike the 3-coloured compared to the other two:P) but so many people don't...

BTW I'd like to see a potion/item that would allow you to keep more than one of a multiclutch or that would allow breeding of a holiday egg out if its respective season(without a multiclutch for the off-season breedings then) and idk, making it die/deleted/auto-released if it leaves the user's scroll OR any scroll(the 2nd woudl allow them to be tradeable) - so when it gets abandoned (AP) it won't even hit AP - to prevent what I've seen people always disliked about all-year Holidays breeding true idea - off-season holidays in the AP (and I can't remember any other possible reasons against exept people not wanting off-season holidays in AP).

(I personally would prefer the off-season option but any would be so much useful with them once-a year breeders(sad.gif))

In general, would be nice if the store ended up actually useful, so people who don't want store-born CB dragons would still have a sth to spent their currency on, meaning some potions/items like this shouldn't be a bad idea, especially since the currency can't be grinded but is earned steadily through regular playing - meaning people who wouldn't use this method for obtaining dragons would still have some use of the store. I'd personally like to use the holiday potion/item I suggested no matter if it allowed keeping more of the multiclutch or allowed off-season breeding true. I bet there would be more non-egg stuff I'd use if it was available, that would depend on what would actually be in the store and stuff.

Edited by VixenDra

If a potion for Snow Angels should be implemented, I'd like the following restrictions:
  1. Works on eggs and hatchlings.
  2. Works on any adults to change them to the wing color of their respective SA mom. (=> So you can continue perfect checkers that don't comply with your own, scroll-coded wing color - even if the SA isn't exactly new.)
  3. Works on adults without SA offspring to change them to any wing color of choice.
  4. Can only be applied to any given SA once unless its mother got a new wing color. (So changing colors willy-nilly, and possibly ruining someone else's offspring's lineage doesn't happen too often, and gives you a way to react in case the lineage of your offspring got changed.)
  5. You get a lineage preview of the SA the potion gets applied to before you can actually perform the action (with password verification, just in case). (=> Prevents all those "Oops!"-moments. Hopefully.)
This should help to prevent lineages from getting destroyed too easily. Edited by olympe

Or all SAs that have progeny can't get changed but then we'd need a rised CB limit(at least of those we can get from the store, not necessairly from biomes). This way no lineage at all can be changed and noone is also forced to still have the 2 CBs of the variant they dislike but were bound to. At least another reason for changing the overall CB Holiday limits (especially them Aegis people have been complaining about in the lift/change limits siggestions:P) and an idea of a way to implement it without influencing the way the holiday biome 'hunting' works for these (I mean, the no hunting at all and the new breed blocking the biomes and not being picked much).

That's true. Given the prices people having to pay making each rare egg valuable to them, I would hope that CB holidays aren't bound by their original two per account limit. Aegises are the obvious problem, and Snow Angels are definitely one if we get a potion that lets us change their wing color. The players who are getting their first CBs would get to pick their color, while those of us who actually have the originals are stuck with what we originally got, with the only choice to release those originals. I would hope TJ would not choose the option that would force the people who were around for the original release to release their CBs if they want a different color than their scroll was set to.

A compromise I can think of is there's still a two limit, but it's a limit for store purchases. So someone who has two CB Snow Angels from the original release could still buy two from the store. It's not ideal, since that new purchaser has to choose two of the three Snow Angel colors and only have one of each (or choose one color to get two of); but if TJ doesn't want to remove the limits completely, it could be an option.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

That's true. Given the prices people having to pay making each rare egg valuable to them, I would hope that CB holidays aren't bound by their original two per account limit. Aegises are the obvious problem, and Snow Angels are definitely one if we get a potion that lets us change their wing color.

*cough* Solstices. *cough* Blue ones are beautiful, too. wub.gif

Or male CB Mistletoes / female CB Hollies.

And, despite the very real danger I may get trampled for this: What about Sweetlings?

I feel like Sweetlings should be some kind of exception since they were given to people to replace eggs lost in a data issue thing.

Then again, while I'm not at all saying I want CB Alt Sweetlings on my scroll, I don't want such a beautiful sprite to die out as older players quit the game. It would be super cool if they could breed true every now and then.

I do love the Alt Sweetling sprite, but it was given out as an apology. It's special, like the Spriters' alts are. We aren't asking for those - if anyone is, they shouldn't be - and so we shouldn't be asking for these.

I do love the Alt Sweetling sprite, but it was given out as an apology. It's special, like the Spriters' alts are. We aren't asking for those - if anyone is, they shouldn't be - and so we shouldn't be asking for these.

Yea and it was a good apology, even if they are available to the player-base they got to have a special sprite much earlier then rest of of us.

Love this idea. A chance to get a CB gold outside trading/futilely hunting for one? Heck yes.

Ive been sitting here, re-reading the discussion you guys had on the previous page about SA potions: My compromise would have to be that CBs would be bound by scroll (Assuming the limit stays in place) but that potions could swap current eggs/hatchlings picked up from the ap to match the parents color (or produce a random different one instead). This keeps the original constraints, but does open the door to collect the other sprites as well. This prevents affecting existing lineages.

Now: If the store were to ignore existing limits and allow for more cbs to be collected, after the first two have been picked up, I think it would be fair to allow the eggs picked up after the initial two, to hatch into either a randomly chosen sprite, or for a slightly higher cost, you can choose the sprite.This would follow the already established pricing that we had come up with for other cb sprites that have multiple outcomes.

I think something like this could be used when it comes to the Sweetlings too, at least for bred ones. Im pretty ok with there not being new Sweetling alt cbs, but can see the need to add more occasionally, just to make sure they stick around. There is wiggle room there, to a degree I think.

Thank you so much Thuban for pointing this out <3 The potion suggestions that can affect adult Snow Angels honestly make my skin crawl. Changing the sprite of a Snow Angel that only had non-holiday offspring will ruin lineages too. When you collect higher-gen lineages, you cannot replace anything with a simple CB x CB breeding. I'm definitely against messing with the adults. Eggs or hatchies on one's own scroll - yes please, as long as it goes away when you abandon or trade. But let's leave the adults alone, the Aegis are enough of a headache.

If you used a random potion on a Snow Angel egg, would it show the effect immediately (by naming the wing colours and telling you, or showing the sprite, perhaps?) or not?

If you use the random potion on an egg or hatchling and it's not the result you wanted, would you be able to use another potion, or would you have to wait until next year to try the breeding again?

I'd be in favour of being able to try multiple times for the right colour (obviously at the disadvantage of the potion's cost), but it being a mystery until the egg hatches, with different hatchling (S2-only?) sprites to show what it will grow into.

If you used a random potion on a Snow Angel egg, would it show the effect immediately (by naming the wing colours and telling you, or showing the sprite, perhaps?) or not?

If you use the random potion on an egg or hatchling and it's not the result you wanted, would you be able to use another potion, or would you have to wait until next year to try the breeding again?

I'd be in favour of being able to try multiple times for the right colour (obviously at the disadvantage of the potion's cost), but it being a mystery until the egg hatches, with different hatchling (S2-only?) sprites to show what it will grow into.

To be fair, I hadnt really thought that far ahead. I would assume that if someone wanted a specific color, they would just pay the slightly higher cost, and get it the first time. I had also forgotten that SA dont get their colors until S2...

Perhaps a compromise here in that regard could be a small colored dot overlay that would show up on the bottom right of the sprite for 30 minutes or so after the potion is used that would be white (white wing), yellow (gold wing) or red (multicolor) on the s1 sprite. It wouldnt change the art and would be temporary, just long enough to let you know which version you got, and nothing more. You would end up having to remember which ones you used potion on.. but that is fully the responsibility of the person using the potion to keep track of.. not the game.

To be fair, I hadnt really thought that far ahead. I would assume that if someone wanted a specific color, they would just pay the slightly higher cost, and get it the first time. I had also forgotten that SA dont get their colors until S2...

Perhaps a compromise here in that regard could be a small colored dot overlay that would show up on the bottom right of the sprite for 30 minutes or so after the potion is used that would be white (white wing), yellow (gold wing) or red (multicolor) on the s1 sprite. It wouldnt change the art and would be temporary, just long enough to let you know which version you got, and nothing more. You would end up having to remember which ones you used potion on.. but that is fully the responsibility of the person using the potion to keep track of.. not the game.

This wouldn't be too different from how influencing works then.

As it is it is the user's responsibility to remember THAT, too... so I would think not too hard, really.

Since we got the action log, you can check influences that you forgot.

Would this be remembered on the action log? "You use a potion of ___ on ___, it will grow up ___"?

Considering the colossal mistake I just made, I seriously hope this does indeed get implemented one day.

Since we got the action log, you can check influences that you forgot.

Would this be remembered on the action log? "You use a potion of ___ on ___, it will grow up ___"?

I think its logical that the action log would track things like purchases from the store, and what potions have been used.

I'm a really big fan of this. Having CB prizes and holidays available, but taking time and effort to earn them. That sounds really fun to me. smile.gif It's not really fair with how CB prizes and holidays work at the moment, too.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses, hopefully it does so nicely!

Actually, CB prizes don't work at all at the moment - the moment being from winter 2015/2016 to now - and counting. Just saying.

Actually, CB prizes don't work at all at the moment - the moment being from winter 2015/2016 to now - and counting. Just saying.

Yeah that's what I meant. I just returned to DC a few days ago and I discovered that, it's rather unfortunate. That just proves that we need the Canyon even more than we did back in 2015/2016.

Thank you so much Thuban for pointing this out <3 The potion suggestions that can affect adult Snow Angels honestly make my skin crawl. Changing the sprite of a Snow Angel that only had non-holiday offspring will ruin lineages too. When you collect higher-gen lineages, you cannot replace anything with a simple CB x CB breeding. I'm definitely against messing with the adults. Eggs or hatchies on one's own scroll - yes please, as long as it goes away when you abandon or trade. But let's leave the adults alone, the Aegis are enough of a headache.

This. Please leave the adults alone, mess with the hatchies all you like, but already bred adults with offspring should remain as they are. I have a bunch od Gold-tipped Snow Angel lines that took me years to create and having all that work thrown out the window with some potion would be devastating.

Edited by stagazer_7

Love this idea. A chance to get a CB gold outside trading/futilely hunting for one? Heck yes.

This times ten xd.png

I would love to be able to get CB holidays that I missed, especially after being away for three years!