Thuban

Trader's Canyon

More CB Holidays in general, without regards to limit of 2 per scroll?

I thought it was stated somewhere else in the thread that the limit would still be two. It went along with TJs stand on Prize dragons being limited to two CBs per scroll. ... I think.

The holidays were simply be a way to catch up on those that you missed out on. Would be very nice for those who actually were here, but couldn't catch one for one reason on another back when we had the single cave.

Edited by Sir Barton

Good point - I think even HM winners can only get a holly if they don't have 2 CB already ?

Thu - you still haven't specifically stated if there would be some EXCLUSIVE to the store.

amthystfire - that MIGHT work, I guess.

I throw out (mostly completely off-the-wall) suggestions to see if something sticks, or if it generates new ideas in other people. Apparently this idea has slight traction (better than most of my ideas.).

Good point - I think even HM winners can only get a holly if they don't have 2 CB already ?

Thu - you still haven't specifically stated if there would be some EXCLUSIVE to the store.

amthystfire - that MIGHT work, I guess.

The already existing limits of only being allowed two holiday cbs would be in effect. If the user owns one, and needs one, then they would be allowed to purchase 1.. ever. if it dies, is bitten, if anything happens to it, its on that owner. They will not get the chance to get them again, the store would know that scroll has purchased the limit, and it will NOT offer it again.

As for exclusives: I wont make a statement one way or other on that. I like the idea, but its not a requirement for this to work. I see why other people are against the idea, and thats perfectly fine for me. I dont care one way or other, to be perfectly honest. I just see potential, good, and bad.

How about the seasonal ones dropping in cave during their season and be available during their opposite season in the cave store?

The idea of having "not currently in cave" dragons available in there.. is sort of cool. Winter sprites year round? OMG. I'd be all over that. I mean.. mountains have snow year round.. it could be a thing... but I definitely have concerns about that aspect...which is why i didnt really cross my mind.

Thu, how about weekly caps instead of daily caps? Seven times as big, but it allows for much more flexibility? You can still do a little bit every day, but you can also do everything during the weekend or such? Also, one day without internet happens to everybody, while one week without internet is something much rarer, and would cause much less paranoia tongue.gif

Somewhere in this thread, I have made the comment that how the games work, and the potential points pretty much come down to what TJ will allow, and whatever the game/games end up being. Im not against the idea, I just feel it kept the basic idea easier to follow if I used simple concepts.

*has giggles and random thoughts and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not enough coffee*

What if rare dragons were available all the time in the store, except that if too many had been sold recently (the ratios would not spawn an egg under normal circumstances) and someone clicked "buy" or whatever the button would say, and they got a message:

"Sorry, we are all out of stock of that dragon! You can expect delivery via messenger dragon in 4-6 weeks."

*Ok, silly thought is out there. I do not apologize for being silly, but when I am being really silly, I also don't expect to be taken seriously.*

I like that silly. xd.png BUT - rares CANNOT be available all the time or the ratios will be screwed in no time flat.

(I am also told that on sites where there are ways to "buy", people get together to screw up the trading market...)

Yeh, I suppose, only if the eggs were non-tradeable and stayed on the owner's Scroll and didn't become yet another form of currency (like Prizes) to be sold for obscene amounts of CB Metals/low-gen Prizes.

What if rare dragons were available all the time in the store, except that if too many had been sold recently (the ratios would not spawn an egg under normal circumstances) and someone clicked "buy" or whatever the button would say, and they got a message:

"Sorry, we are all out of stock of that dragon! You can expect delivery via messenger dragon in 4-6 weeks."

*Ok, silly thought is out there. I do not apologize for being silly, but when I am being really silly, I also don't expect to be taken seriously.*

Except I dont want anything that is currently in cave, available in the store.

Im ok with the idea of dragons spawning in and out of the store because of ratios, but there were quite a few concerns about that early into the thread. Those same concerns are why having dragons that are only available in the store for certain time periods is getting so much negativity. There are ways to make it work that I can think of that would be fair to everyone, however, those same ideas over complicate the base idea this suggestion is trying to accomplish which is: Getting at least the current HM prize choices into a location where everyone that is willing to work for them, whatever the pace they work at, can have access to them.

Edited by Thuban

I like that silly. xd.png BUT - rares CANNOT be available all the time or the ratios will be screwed in no time flat.

(I am also told that on sites where there are ways to "buy", people get together to screw up the trading market...)

That would be sad if people did that. And I agree (half a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll later) that rares cannot be up all the time, even if they are hideously expensive (the formula I saw (a thread ago I think, maybe two) said something to the effect of the day limit x 183 days for your actual prize dragons (6 months) and something like 3-4 months of day limits for rares).

I think that a tiered system might work: 6 months' cost to get access to a "prize bowl" (which would look suspiciously like the AP) and nab one egg from the selection presented. (which would be access to really super duper rare stuff, like actual prizes, maybe a CB holly, that sort of level of madness)

4 months' cost might get you access to a selection of CB Hybrids and alts (black, vine, stripe) that are unaccessible AS CB in the cave.

3 months' cost might get you a selection of available CB rares--metals, unbreedables, etc.

2 months' cost might get you to a selection of out-of-season seasonals, uncommons (blusangs, anyone?)

Getting at least the current HM prize choices into a location where everyone that is willing to work for them, whatever the pace they work at, can have access to them.

Yes yes yes! laugh.gif

Except I dont want anything that is currently in cave, available in the store.

Im ok with the idea of dragons spawning in and out of the store because of ratios, but there were quite a few concerns about that early into the thread. Those same concerns are why having dragons that are only available in the store for certain time periods is getting so much negativity. There are ways to make it work that I can think of that would be fair to everyone, however, those same ideas over complicate the base idea this suggestion is trying to accomplish which is: Getting at least the current HM prize choices into a location where everyone that is willing to work for them, whatever the pace they work at, can have access to them.

In that case you've lost me completely, Thu - sorry.

Unless you are OK with anything that is available as an HM prize, as those CAN also be got as raffle prizes, and possibly seasonals out of season - no. I don't want anyone to HAVE to amass points to get ANYTHING.

I like this. I also think that if there is a store, there should be pictures of each dragon/dragon egg to go with the prices. That way, people can be sure they are purchasing the right thing. It would also be handy to put an out of stock note on/ fade out/ grey out the pictures of those that aren't available or the person has already capped out on.

Edited by Jazeki

@fuzzbucket: You didn't collect your 14 tickets this season then?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

In that case you've lost me completely, Thu - sorry.

Unless you are OK with anything that is available as an HM prize, as those CAN also be got as raffle prizes, and possibly seasonals out of season - no. I don't want anyone to HAVE to amass points to get ANYTHING.

I dont quite understand what you are saying here.

This suggestion has been MOSTLY about the available raffle prizes, HMs included. The goal has been to find a way to be able to get the cb hybrids, the colored stripes, and cb alts available to anyone who wants them. People want them to be non-tradable, I don't. I want to see people have the ability to trade them off, to build cool lineages and to have fun with new options.

I dont want dragons that are in cave involved, specifically because people would want cb metals, and the other hard to get things. Those things can be caught, or traded for... CB Hybrids, however... can not, unless HM winners trade them off. CB metals being more easily available is just not ok with me.

Some things though, I want to be specifically limited in different ways. I dont want to see cb holidays or prizes being abused, IF they are made available. I want them to have specific types limits to them to limit farming them or exploiting them. The current existing code for holidays, makes it so anything that grew up this year, cant breed this year. Holidays obtained from the store (even if obtained and grown up before the breeding window) should probably (leaning towards definately personally) have that limit too.

Im cool with the high priced ones not being tradable, but the lower priced ones /should/ be.

I would support an idea of a store if, and ONLY if, currency could be earned in cave some how.

IF it is a thing that would have to be paid for with RL money then, no support.

ALSO, I don't like the idea of anything exclusive to the store.

All told, this idea has the potential to be really cool if handled well.. or else REALLY horrible if it is handled poorly.

Edited by Silverswift

Holidays obtained from the store (even if obtained and grown up before the breeding window) should probably (leaning towards definately personally) have that limit too.

Wait, so I could win a CB Yulebuck in (say) January 2016, but I wouldn't be able to breed Yulebucks from it until December 2017?! Ouch....

(And not, I note, a limitation applied to the HM Hollies.)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Wait, so I could win a CB Yulebuck in (say) January 2016, but I wouldn't be able to breed Yulebucks from it until December 2017?!  Ouch....

No, they wouldnt be available then.

The suggestion as it is right now states that holidays would only be available during their breeding window, and MAYBE the two weeks before that. This gives people time to raise them, without actually using up the holiday hunting slots... but they are still limited by the existing rule that newly bred ones can not breed the same year as they were born.

I would support an idea of a store if, and ONLY if, currency could be earned in cave some how.

I am completely open to suggestions on this front, as I would like to see that too. However, every single idea I have had, is easily exploitable by simple means. I have been entertaining the idea of basic play earning a small number of points (25-50 a day) however, I haven't figured out a solid way to keep it from being exploited.

Edited by Thuban

No, they wouldnt be available then.

The suggestion as it is right now states that holidays would only be available during their breeding window, and MAYBE the two weeks before that. This gives people time to raise them, without actually using up the holiday hunting slots... but they are still limited by the existing rule that newly bred ones can not breed the same year as they were born.

Ah, right. In that case, don't have them available before at all, or people will be furious that they can't breed their new Holiday during the Holiday breeding period.

Another idea (I think, at least, skimming the thread doesn't seem to have brought up this combo of details yet):

Instead of making things like Prizes insanely expensive and thus all other Store items unavailable to you in the meantime, there could be a simple timed limit on them, so that even if you had the "points" for 2 or 3 of them within a given {time unit to be debated}, the store would only sell 1 (just like you can select only one 1 egg from a multi-clutch, just that the other options don't go to the AP). After {time unit to be debated} has passed, the Prize option would be in store again.

(So far, I've mostly seen ideas floating around to make Prizes insanely expensive so that you cannot get another one soon based solely on points, and the idea of an overall limit to X - I've just tried to combine them.)

Also, I'm not sure if the usual HM-only eggs should be "priced" at "points you can gather in 4 months of daily playing" or something similar - that seems to be ridiculously high to me, especially considering the purpose of this: allowing more beautiful lineages.

What about Frills? Those are available as HMs, while Old Pinks are not, as far as I recall.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ah, right.  In that case, don't have them available before at all, or people will be furious that they can't breed their new Holiday during the Holiday breeding period.

Actually, you *could* sensibly have Holidays available for up to two weeks *after* the last day of the Holiday breeding period - I was still seeing the odd last Holiday hatchie in fan sites right up until that point this year.

(And if that were the case, I could totally win a Yulebuck in January! tongue.gif)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

What about Frills? Those are available as HMs, while Old Pinks are not, as far as I recall.

I can not say anything about those concepts, as I have no part in them. I dont own any of the concepts that im proposing adding to the mix. I can not say "yes thats included" because thats up to TJ, not me.

Im not going to complicate this idea by making things available/not available based on how much time you spend looking around. If people see something is 15k points, but other things that are cheaper that they like.. they are welcome to spend them however they choose, within the limits of however this thing ends up being put together. Its a store.. stuffs available or its not. You have what is needed to gain the dragon you want, or you dont. Save or spend.. thats up to the individual user.

As for the prices... They shouldnt be so easy to earn that people can be locking up on full 21 locks every day either. The dragons picked for this suggestion were picked because of the fact that they are so rare, and unattainable.. and while I want things made available at a reasonable pace, I'm also trying to keep those exact same sprites somewhat special. They gotta be earned. They gotta take some time.

As for the point system: again there are no set points listed anywhere. That depends on a lot of factors that are outside of my control. I'm not necessarily making the games, so i cant assign values. I'm not having to work around existing ratios to try to figure out what they should be worth in point value, thats TJ and the spriters territory.

One of my previous examples I used was "play game, get 25 points. 75 point total can be earned per day" I chose that value because 25 is an easy number to work with (and I am horrible of translating numbers on a computer screen into useful information...). With that number in mind.. lets throw a CB sweets value at 3000 points.. its 120 times of playing the game, 40 days of playing the game three times a day, or ten times of playing once a week for weekly cap points rather than daily. Honestly, I dont think that is excessive, as the points can be stored for as long as needed at whatever rate the player wants. I'm sure the numbers that would be used IF this suggestion were to happen, would be very different, but for me, i'm thinking in terms of time, rather than "work". Everyone has to do the same amount of "work" to get them, but people who only play to derp around.. could still get them eventually as long as they keep the points on hand for when that breed is available again.

Im not going to complicate this idea by making things available/not available based on how much time you spend looking around.

Either you misunderstood me, or I misunderstood you. Looking around where, now? blink.gif

Either you misunderstood me, or I misunderstood you. Looking around where, now? blink.gif

I think what Thu means is this scenario: You're in the shop and you're choosing a dragon. You're trying to decide between dragon A and dragon B. You decide that you want dragon A, but by the time you go to buy it, it's no longer in stock.

I think what Thu means is this scenario: You're in the shop and you're choosing a dragon. You're trying to decide between dragon A and dragon B. You decide that you want dragon A, but by the time you go to buy it, it's no longer in stock.

Correct. The edits hadnt been made to their post yet when i quoted them to respond. Its cold, Im tying slow, and trying to be reasonably coherant (I have a very difficult time breaking down ideas into easy to follow concepts, and am highly prone to confusing people as a result. Anyone who has ever spent any time actually talking to me, would know this tongue.gif)

Question...

Would points expire or, if a person had something specific they wanted to save for ( like CB Holiday of somekind for example) could they save up all year long and get it when it was available?

I only edited to add the comment in parenthesis regarding the source of my idea, I didn't think it would change anything about the idea in total.

However, the scenario "but by the time you go to buy it, it's no longer in stock" was NOT what I had in mind. The thing should be there FOR YOU as long as you don't buy it, and when you buy it, it'll be gone FOR YOU for x amount of time (because the store has to re-order your specific size, or somesuch). Everyone else's store would not be affected.