Thuban

Trader's Canyon

Yes. The latest proposed prices I saw was golds at about 6 months' worth of shards and prizes at about 4 months' worth.

It makes sense to me. Golds are the "gold standard" - everything else comes down from that.

Pricier than prize dragons ?

Yes. While my logic probably doesnt match the logic that the people who worked out the kinks used, it makes sense to do.

We know that Golds are meant to be the most rare of the catchable rares (excluding holidays), and that prizes tend to breed more reliably, so its easy to believe they are more common than metals and therefore should be cheaper in the long run. If you use golds as the most rare thing and work backwards from there, it makes pricing far easier across the board.

I do like this idea.

It may have been said before,

but there should be purchasing limits just as there are limits on holiday CB's for christmas/valentine's day/Guardians.

For things like christmas/val/Halloween/prize,

I feel a limit of 2 CB to purchase from an NPC

Prizes would mean a total of 2 prizes, not 2 of each [gold/silver/bronze].

Maybe 2 of each prize [shimmer/tinsel], but that i feel is up in the air.

As for other rares, maybe a higher limit? 6?

And so forth. Limit to what you can purchase so that people are still going through the caves and ap for eggs.

And maybe the limits can be reset based on a set of time, [except the prizes and holidays, I feel those shouldn't be reset. As those are not able to get in the cave ever again. They should have a hard non-reset able limit]

No!! If we have limits on prize dragons at all, it should be high enough to allow at least one of each. But there's no reason to limit at all. The prices are high enough that by choosing one rare, you're giving up the chance on another for quite a time. So if someone wants to spend all their points on silver shimmers, that means they aren't getting any holidays, any other prizes, any golds, etc. And the -only- limits in the current game is CB xmas/valentines. I just don't see any reason why we should be introducing more, especially when there are a lot of people begging for those very holiday limits to be removed, or at least increased.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I do like this idea.

It may have been said before,

but there should be purchasing limits just as there are limits on holiday CB's for christmas/valentine's day/Guardians.

For things like christmas/val/Halloween/prize,

I feel a limit of 2 CB to purchase from an NPC

Prizes would mean a total of 2 prizes, not 2 of each [gold/silver/bronze].

Maybe 2 of each prize [shimmer/tinsel], but that i feel is up in the air.

As for other rares, maybe a higher limit? 6?

And so forth. Limit to what you can purchase so that people are still going through the caves and ap for eggs.

And maybe the limits can be reset based on a set of time, [except the prizes and holidays, I feel those shouldn't be reset. As those are not able to get in the cave ever again. They should have a hard non-reset able limit]

I think you totally missed the point of high prices....

There are two types of limits you can do: soft limits, and hard limits.

Hard limits are what you've suggested, and it severally limits how people can play. There aren't really any choices, they can get x, or y, and after that they are done. Period. Even if something else comes out.

Soft limits are where there is no physical "you can have just x", but where the PRICE (either in shards or *time*) is so high that the most people will get is a couple... but they still have the option to get more if they want to *work* for it.

Soft limits give goals, and things people can attain.... eventually, if they work hard enough. Hard limits don't. They are a once-off and.... then nothing.

This suggestion makes use of soft limits: limiting people through time-to-get-shards and number-of-shards-to-get-eggs. This means that no matter what, its going to take several months for anyone to get, say, a CB Gold.

But the brutal truth is, if you really hunted on the Forums, you *can* find trades that take much less time to get that same Gold. All going to the store for the CB Gold does is reduce the irritation factor (by a ton).

Cheers!

C4.

No!!  If we have limits on prize dragons at all, it should be high enough to allow at least one of each.  But there's no reason to limit at all.  The prices are high enough that by choosing one rare, you're giving up the chance on another for quite a time.  So if someone wants to spend all their points on silver shimmers, that means they aren't getting any holidays, any other prizes, any golds, etc.  And the -only- limits in the current game is CB xmas/valentines.  I just don't see any reason why we should be introducing more, especially when there are a lot of people begging for those very holiday limits to be removed, or at least increased.

I totally agree. The dragons that are more rare should only be limited by how expensive they are, and if people want to spend all their points on one particular kind of rare dragon, that should be their right.

Plus, I definitely don't like the idea of limiting Halloween dragons. I'm not saying we should raise the holiday limits because this isn't the place for that, but for goodness sake let's not impose any more when you can get as many Halloweens as you can take during the actual holiday. The price will be limit enough, along with the fact that people have to be careful so they can get enough of *this* year's Halloween dragon.

Edited by silver_chan

I have to agree. The limits *are* the prices. No one is ever going to be able to get a gold from the store in under six months, for example. That's a limit, and a fairly big limit. If you want that gold, you can't get *anything else* for six months, because you have to save all your shards. That's a pretty big limit right there. I certainly don't see any need to go "you can only have to EVAR".

Wow, it's been a whole month since anyone poked this. It's too late for Halloween this year but I still think this is the best way for holiday dragons to be available again as CB. So, I still want it. smile.gif

Even if the only thing in it were holiday dragons, and they were only available during the breeding week for their holiday I think it would be good to have.

Wow, it's been a whole month since anyone poked this. It's too late for Halloween this year but I still think this is the best way for holiday dragons to be available again as CB. So, I still want it. smile.gif

Even if the only thing in it were holiday dragons, and they were only available during the breeding week for their holiday I think it would be good to have.

I still want it but, since didn't happen for the birthday, I doubt will ever happen. RIP.

I can't give up on this.. I want it too bad. We NEED this in order to correct TJ's mistake of Prize dragons.. and I want a pair of cb holly dragons, they're the only holiday I don't have cbs from.

Probably the best thing you can do to help any of these things happen is keep their threads active and moving. It's hard to tell if something is still an issue that needs addressing if its thread has been dead for months.

If we don't make sure he knows this is still something we want we for sure won't get it. Well, we still want it, so I'm making sure the thread stays at least somewhat active.

I do so hope it happens soonish. There are a couple of CB hollies out there somewhere calling to me. And other things

I wasn't keen - but it would remove SO many other issues so many people seem to have - so - yes please (as long as there's no grinding or compulsory game playing !)

I want this so badly. I am still holding out hope we'll get it next birthday... or maybe it'll be a nice Christmas present!

If we don't make sure he knows this is still something we want we for sure won't get it. Well, we still want it, so I'm making sure the thread stays at least somewhat active.

... Tell that to the hundreds of suggestions that have pretty much concluded their discussion phase long ago (i.e. everyone for the suggestion are in agreement, everyone who doesn't support agreed to disagree) and still received zero attention. The only way to do anything about those is pretty much a "Bump, still want this" once in a while and those get tiring really quickly for everyone involved, even if it's labeled as the "one true way" to get TJ's attention.

Back to the topic at hand, I was for a long time largely indifferent to this. But seeing as basically every "fix the cave mechanics" suggestion are ignored throughout the years, I think this is the way to go even though it isn't exactly the most ideal.

Edited by CNR4806

... Tell that to the hundreds of suggestions that have pretty much concluded their discussion phase long ago (i.e. everyone for the suggestion are in agreement, everyone who doesn't support agreed to disagree) and still received zero attention. The only way to do anything about those is pretty much a "Bump, still want this" once in a while and those get tiring really quickly for everyone involved, even if it's labeled as the "one true way" to get TJ's attention.

Back to the topic at hand, I was for a long time largely indifferent to this. But seeing as basically every "fix the cave mechanics" suggestion are ignored throughout the years, I think this is the way to go even though it isn't exactly the most ideal.

Yea, how to keep a thread going when the discussion of it is complete, is the question.

The "Blockers kicked to the AP" has this issue, too.

As for this solving Cave mechanic problems, I don't think it'll fix all of them but every little bit helps. For instance, the Holly Collector Contest helped but it didn't do enough. Would this do enough? Probably not, but helping some is more than no help. And it will solve the problem of Prizes and old Holidays, of which this is the only suggestion that helps without causing major problems.

Cheers!

C4.

Agreed. I still want this, in the easiest and simplest fashion that does not involve grinding. smile.gif

I do have all the fluff saved in a folder, so if this thing ever does happen, we have other things we can work out after we see how it plays out.

All for this suggestion, except for one concern (that's almost certainly been brought up already):

Putting an official price on dragons would wreak havok on trading systems.

To get around this, I'd impose a simple suggestion; the only things available in the traders' canyon are CB Prizes and CB past holidays, holidays being available only during their respective breeding periods, and all of the dragons are at the same, fixed, 'price'.

What that price is doesn't really matter, but it should be ~6 months' work for someone putting in 1-2 hours a day on average. To get one dragon.

(I play just a little bit more than that, so I'm figuring that getting a rare in about 6 months would be about the right amount of saving and planning and work.)

Another question I'd like to put out is, since raising dragons earns points, should past dragons be rewarded? i.e. should players who already have dragons be given points?

My personal thought on the matter is that players should get one half-hour-of-minigame-worth of shards (I'll call that one 'unit') for each trophy level, plus one unit for each page of dragons (I think that's 50?) that they have.

So yes, those people with twenty pages of dragons will get a head-start, but they've already put in years of work to collecting dragons, so I think it's somewhat fair.

Also - I did consider only rewarding either trophy level or pages of dragons, and I decided that eliminating either would be unfair.

- Not rewarding dragon pages would reward me (someone who's only played for ~2 years) exactly the same as someone who's been on DC for the whole ten years it's been around. Those who've gained many, many, many dragons over years of play deserve to be rewarded for that.

- Not rewarding trophy level would mean that newbies who have Bronze or Silver trophies and put in lots of work to their dragons would get little or no bonus. I remember being a newbie, and working your way up to a full first page of dragons is MUCH harder than working towards a third, or fourth, or presumably twentieth.

Anyway, that's a few thoughts I had. Hopefully that spurs some discussion for a while xd.png

To get around this, I'd impose a simple suggestion; the only things available in the traders' canyon are CB Prizes and CB past holidays, holidays being available only during their respective breeding periods, and all of the dragons are at the same, fixed, 'price'.

What that price is doesn't really matter, but it should be ~6 months' work for someone putting in 1-2 hours a day on average. To get one dragon.

(I play just a little bit more than that, so I'm figuring that getting a rare in about 6 months would be about the right amount of saving and planning and work.)

For someone like me... I've been playing DC since 2009, with a long break and a mishap and now I have a new scroll, but still. I have caught exactly one rare metal in all that time, a Silver. Trading is so broken, you generally need to pay an arm and a leg to someone for a Gold. I have seen exactly one Gold in the Cave. Trading is so broken as it is that I can't even imagine trading for one.

If this change to have CB Prizes in the store fixes the broken trading system, that would be amazing, but I for one would love a chance to earn a Gold even if it *did* take me six months. It's a good sight better than 10 years (which is how long I imagine it will be until I see another Gold, and I'll still probably miss it).

HOWEVER. If just having these dragons is what gets us the Store, I'll take that. I would prefer a full store, but that could be a test run, maybe...

Edited by silver_chan

Please, TJ! Just, please, make this possible!

And to those saying people playing more would get things faster with this: yeah, well, as they do now? Or in any other game? Or in real life? Or everywhere?

That's kind of the logic of getting things / skills / riches / everything: The more time and effort you put into the goal, the faster / more likely you will reach it. If we go by the logic of "noone should ever be faster than anyone else" we wouldn't get anywhere ever. I can't play for hours every day. I would be slower with this than many. I still want it! Because as things are now, there's many beautiful breeds I'll never have as CBs on my scroll.

I hate system-inherent injustice, I really do, but it can't be completely avoided. There just isn't a way. And the people drawing up this awesome plan for an in-game shop really thought about everything twice already. I love the solutions and compromises made in this suggestion.

Perfect sadly is impossible, but this plan here is really close. smile.gif

I love this idea so long as rare eggs are very expensive and still hard to get.

I also think CB holidays should only be available when that holiday's breeding is going on. I mean, how can traders get eggs to trade if the dragons aren't making any?

I think we should probably make a working list to figure out what breeds should be in the canyon.

Obviously golds, silvers, prizes, and holidays but what about coppers or trios? Or maybe unbreedables like papers and cheeses?

Might be a good idea to add BSA dragons too but for a much lower price than the rares.