Thuban

Trader's Canyon

The lore is not the be all end all argument of this site. It really isnt.

Nor is the science and that's why I don't understand what is the point in applying science and real biological mechanisms to breeding schemes of fantasy creatures. I believe that's what you did in your previous post, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the lore, we have a few spriters and authors of dragons' concepts that created a rather elaborate lore about their dragons, their behaviour, their connection with magic etc. I suppose that this should be taken into consideration if we are to create a more detailed concept of the Store and to explain where the special eggs come from. It appears that this is somewhat important for some users that voiced their opinions in this discussion. Personally, I think that the Store mechanisms concept should be as minimally detailed as possible, so it wouldn't collide with anyone's lore (or headcanon, for that matter) too much.

Eggs? Check. Prices? Check. Limits? Check. Points / mana / crystals and ways to obtain them? Check. Someone or something that fills the role of a "merchant"? Check. The rest could be a mystery with solution depending only on the player's imagination.

My opinion on CB hybrids is that they should be available in the Store because they simply exist in game and they are very similar to prize dragons in their nature. They are extremely rare and they produce very valuable offsprings. Making them available in the Store means more variety of CB hybrids available for breeding, more options for creating hybrid-based lineages and in consequence more desirable things for players to collect, especially for players that already obtained pretty much everything they wanted. I'm sure that instead of buying CB prize, many players would rather buy a CB hybrid or a CB alt. That would result in diminishing the number of "new" CB Prizes appearing on people's scrolls every year and I suppose that would be a good thing considering the way the market works.

I also would like to be able to buy a special code for my dragon. For example, you are buying a new egg and you have an option to choose it's code for additional fee. Of course, codes should be really, really expensive and there would have to be a mechanism for checking their availability. I suppose something like this could work as "mana sink" - players would spend their points / mana on something that won't affect the market, and that means even less new CB prizes / CB hybrids on scrolls every year... etc.

I'm poking at the first post to get it updated to what is relevant now.. but feel like im forgetting things.

I'm really keen to see these ideas fleshed out and tested smile.gif I feel like a lot of elements from past holiday games can be recycled to make this store a reality with little effort. It would inadvertently help quell some of the requests people have been making for general past event mini-games playable again/all year round, and give the games more purpose. I saw the potions already on the OP, I'm sure mana shards could be collected and used as some kind of currency? And I'm sure these ideas could also be paired to many BSA requests in the suggestion board, so I don't think we're too far from making this a reality!

On the science aspect of things, I won't elaborate much. I'm a scientist myself but I also value the nature of fantasy video games. For those going about hybrids and how they shouldn't be CB- if they really were hybrids, they shouldn't be breedable at all scientifically speaking, so it's kinda already out the window. If it makes you feel better though, you can imagine that these CB ones are a new strain that while phenotypically (what you see on the outside) look basically identical to these breedable only 'hybrids', genetically they can be different on the inside.

But in terms of lore- lore is story that can always be expanded on. Yes, it should be respected, but it can also be respected in different ways such as helping to build it up further rather than taking what we have now as the be-all-end-all and leaving the lore stagnant. Thuban already gave a small possible snippet of story that could explain how we're getting these rare eggs- it's simple but it's effective in demonstrating it can be done with some imagination. I know someone else brought up the possibility that our character actually deals with a merchant or trader, someone who steals eggs like us except instead of keeping them, they sell them off.

Either way, I'm really in support of this and think it's a very exciting idea- I'd love to see new gameplay elements added to DC as well as being able to have access to past CB holidays I missed and have a shot at a CB prize. And I'd love to see others hopefully get a shot at getting a CB Bright Pink or Frill biggrin.gif

For those going about hybrids and how they shouldn't be CB- if they really were hybrids, they shouldn't be breedable at all scientifically speaking, so it's kinda already out the window.

Not necessarily true. There are exceptions. Female panthera hybrids (like the liger) are fertile. For Leopons, sometimes even both genders are fertile. (As a matter of fact, leopons look a lot like the "hypothetical species" known as marozi...). Ara hybrids are usually fertile, and there are various F2 and even F3 hybrids known to breeders - some of them even combine up to 4 different "pure" breeds. (Exception: hyacinth macaw hybrids don't seem to be fertile, from what I could find. Then again, hyacinth macaws are from a different genus than all others, so they shouldn't even be able to hybridize according to theory.)

And, even though they're almost always sterile, even mule females have been known to have foals on occasion. (It's very rare, but it happens.)

There's also a female false killer whale x bottlenose dolphin hybrid who has had several cubs with male bottlenoses.

So much for science. tongue.gif

Edited by olympe

I'll just sit here in the corner squeaking "full suppoooort". Because this idea is awesome. At last, ability to have something good and valuable not based on pure luck (or quick wi-fi connection), but hard work - like in most videogames and most virtual pet sites.

About lore... well, of course, it's up to site owner and the spriters to decide, but I personally do not think we should always think about lore first, and gameplay\players' comfort\ game replayability second. For example, we have Valkemarian Tales and last' year Snow Storm, which are at first sight totally lore-wise games... but nnnope! Because in these games we play like an ordinary person (well, an ordinary magic-user person living in the fantasy world with dragons, of course), not the all-powerful dragon collector which we are on-site. Snow Storm shows us Avatar of Creation as a rare dragon which we see for the first time, when in fact, possibly, everyone and their uncle have at least several. The same thing with Guardian of Nature in Valkemarian Tales (I have two, now trying to summon 3rd). And I can't imagine that in Valkemarian Tales\Snow Storm story we will be able to, ahem, actually kill a dragon, an egg or a hatchie... (Then Perl will, I think, hit us on the head with the supposed coal badge). But we all do it on Halloween and during neglected\vampire experiments.

Do not take me wrong, I love both games, they are amazing and well-written, and I wish so much we could replay them. I'm just trying to say that lore of a virtual pet site is actually very flexible. We can twist it here and there, and we should not take it as the one and only truth. Magic shop with rare eggs? Sure, why not. Magic treasure map showing the way to a magic treasure chest with rare eggs? No problem. Rare dragons themselves exchanging their eggs for a mana shards they need? Perfectly fine.

So, what was I talking about? Ahem. Oh well. Support.

I fully support this idea in any form it would take.

I know a lot of people don't like the idea of a currency that can be purchased with real cash. The problem becomes if you can "earn" it in game, and can only "earn" it in game, then a black market develops where people are paying cash to the players or to overseas groups that provide players to grind out for the actual scroll owner to earn this currency. That is why I would like to circumvent a lot of this silliness and just have some option where currency can be purchases and/or earned so it all goes directly to the sites instead of to the "players" simply because they have more time. And I would like the site to benefit directly, not the players.

Now please do not my thoughts stop you from supporting this idea. That was just one argument for or against a particular version of it. There are a million versions of this idea and so many great ideas I really would like to see something put in, and as it grows and develops and people have insights and opinions, things can be tweaked.

I really would enjoy playing certain games to earn in game currency to get certain dragons. There are only a few dragons I want on my scroll that I could not get any other way, but they would just really make my day. I tend to find most players are like that. They aren't wanting to build and an army of 50 gold and super rare dragons. They just want a couple of "special" dragons that they just cannot get any other way and are willing to do whatever means necessary to have that happen.

Again, I am not say there must or should be a way to trade irl currency for in game currency. It is totally fine to have a game only currency. I am just speaking from prior gaming experience that if you have some type of currency, and people just don't have the time to earn it like others, and they do have the money, they will often just take that money and find a way to indirectly turn it into in game currency.

But I really like this idea, no matter what form it takes, and hope that it comes about some time in the future. Because I would like to have an option, no matter how much effort it takes, to get some particular dragons because it would just make my year as much as a dragon pixel game can make me happy for something that has no tangible effects irl. But it would delight me, and delight a lot of other people, and I hope some sort of effort is made to bring something like this around. But I just would really like the game to be the one who benefits 100% by this, and not players who spend lots of "time" or have ways to abuse other things to make sure they get the max in game currency in any way they can. It's another reason I like the options of various caps. I just know there are some things that are actually to me worth quite a bit, even as silly and as simple as it might seem. And I'm not even talking about Prize Dragons. I just want the game itself to also benefit as much it can for providing these options and I want to stress there are many people in my boat that only want just a few things, but want them really badly, and would like to have some option to be able to obtain them other than some raffle that may or may not happen and is constantly changing so... saying "well there is always a chance you could win...." just is a silly option. I want a store option, whatever form it comes in and whatever it has the ability to provide.

Really really really want this option very badly!! Whether its offering dragons and/or other goodies. There is just so much unexplored potential and if some people don't want to use it, they don't need to. And the thought that has gone into this idea is really well done and I think it goes out of its way to prevent as much "abuse" as possible. And I just honestly see it as a step that's going to be an inevitable part of this game's future at some point. So if that is the case, or just in case, I think it would be wise for the people who are super against it, or super against variations of it, posted what they WOULD like to see so that if it does happen, it happens in a form they are most capable of dealing with and not feeling like it destroys their game and enjoyment.

I know a lot of people don't like the idea of a currency that can be purchased with real cash. The problem becomes if you can "earn" it in game, and can only "earn" it in game, then a black market develops where people are paying cash to the players or to overseas groups that provide players to grind out for the actual scroll owner to earn this currency. That is why I would like to circumvent a lot of this silliness and just have some option where currency can be purchases and/or earned so it all goes directly to the sites instead of to the "players" simply because they have more time. And I would like the site to benefit directly, not the players.

This is a very valid issue, but I believe that it could potentially be avoided if any in-game currency and also eggs obtained through the store/traded would be untradeable. This way any profit obtained from the store, be it currency or eggs, would be limited to a player's scroll only.

This is a very valid issue, but I believe that it could potentially be avoided if any in-game currency and also eggs obtained through the store/traded would be untradeable. This way any profit obtained from the store, be it currency or eggs, would be limited to a player's scroll only.

...just what I was about to say.

Also, in theory there's nothing now (other than the T&Cs that we have all agreed to but which some still seem to ignore - looking at you, multiscrollers and scripters) to stop players trading rare eggs for cash. :s No, I don't know anyone who's actually done this - it's not behaviour I have sought out or condone, I'm just saying it's already a possibility.

I can fully support this, though I can see plenty of issues that'd need sorting first (and that's not including all the coding and stuff it'd need, which to someone who doesn't know coding like me, seems like a potential nightmare).

1) Currency. The idea of being able to gain currency through everyday tasks is definitely a good one, but the main thing bothering me is the idea of using actual money to buy currency. While this would benefit the site immensely, the problem would be the friction that could be caused in the community, not just by trades but as Amazon_Warrior pointed out, by people selling eggs. I've seen this in other online game sites...

Perhaps introducing a cap on how much you can earn/buy?

2) Prices. What price would eggs be set at? Obviously the rarer the egg, the higher the price. But would prices be permanently set? Would there be sales at certain times? What about times when the shop is open/shut?

3) The eggs. Now, this is the biggest reason I can support this. The idea of getting past CB Holidays is a dream come true. But how would this work? Would there be a set number of eggs in the shop, like the cave? CB Holidays - would they be available all year or at their respective Holiday only? What about discontinued dragons? And would there be a way to stop people who can get these eggs from holding the market hostage? For example, for the particular rare dragons like Holidays or Discontinued eggs, introduce a limit on how many you can get or make them untradeable.

I know I'm probably just repeating stuff already said by everyone else, but I wanted to show my support, too.

I can answer you, CharonDusk.

1. Currency: most people who are supporting this idea support a daily, weekly or monthly cap on how much currency you can earn from any source. They also support having that currency not be exchangeable for anything. So, say a cap of 500 per week, usable only by you, that can be earned by doing ordinary things in the game, with the proposed possibility of also earning some by replaying mini games. This would make an even playing field even if players can also purchase the in-game currency with real life money because no one can earn more than someone else just by paying. Person A has time but little cash, they play for the week's currency. Player B has extra cash but little time, they pay for the week's currency.

2. Prices: those are still under discussion but most are agreeing that a CB gold should be worth at least several month's of in-game currency. A prize should be at least a year's worth. I think there is thought that prices on rares and prizes should be permanently set but I suggest that sales on eggs, particularly those that are underpopulated, would be fun and beneficial.

3. There was widespread support I think for holiday dragons only being available during their holidays, with the current CB limits in place. The prices would be rather stiff. So, Halloweens could be purchased only at Halloween time, and one could buy as many as one had currency for. Holiday dragons would only be available during the Christmas season but would be limited to 2 per dragon per scroll.

Discontinued eggs: Frill eggs would probably be available as they were for HM, if HM-type eggs are available. Bright Pinks would not. There was support for making all the eggs not tradeable, with sickness protection. There would be a limit on how many of the super special eggs one could buy during a year, either by the weekly (daily, monthly) earning limit or by disallowing more than one prize, etc. per year.

If both eggs and currency are locked to the scroll, with a cap on how fast currency can be earned, it diminishes the possibility of anyone "farming" the system.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Right, it would mean that farming would have to be done by giving out the password to someone else, and I'm not sure how many people would be willing to risk that.

I'm not entirely sure why we are talking about paid perks... nothing about this suggestion had anything about using rl money. Sure, I have plenty of ideas for what could be bought with money, but i know better than to suggest "paid" options...its pretty clear most people are against paid options, almost every time. tongue.gif

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread so consider this a checkin... with my continued 100% support for an ingame store.

Specifics that I support..

1. Ingame currency of some kind (NO REAL MONEY ALLOWED)

2. Daily, Weekly, or Monthly cap on how much ingame credit you can earn

3. Reasonable prices.. max price should be the max amount one can earn in a year

4. The currency never disappears, so if it take you longer than a year to earn enough for thet major purchase, you don't have to worry about any time limits.

5. Dragons that should be available: CB Tinsels, CB Shimmers, CB Holidays from previous years, CB ALTs, CB Hybrids and CB Frills*.... i'm iffy on CB rares

6. Old Holiday eggs should only be available during their proper season and scroll limits should apply for caveborns

7. Currency and eggs purchased should be locked to the owners scroll

*I don't think that Old Pinks should be allowed, they were replaced by their original spriter who wanted the old versions removed. They SHOULD have been removed from the game completely, instead of leaving those already owned on their scrolls.. they should all have been coverted to new pinks. I'm not against Frills because their spriter may eventually bring them back.

I don't think science OR lore should even be considered.. this is just a game so the only things that matters should be what everyone agrees on.

I don't remember what the rule/penalty is for giving out your password to accomplish something without actually doing it yourself... but I don't think it should be allowed and if caught, any/all penalties should apply.

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I think the way Fi described it would be tolerable, tho. It's not getting you anything that can't be gotten without money, it's just another method of getting the exact same thing you can get with time and work if you don't have that time. To some extent, it actually makes things fairer, since otherwise it gives a big advantage to those who have plenty of time to spend on the site earning points, and a big disadvantage to those with jobs and kids and busy lives who can't spend much time on the site but could afford a small monthly payment to give the maximum monthly points.

To me, what's objectionable about money being able to buy stuff is when it's the only way to get something or if it allows you to skip ahead and get something easier than everyone else (which would be the case if you could buy a year's worth of points instantly).

Edited by Pokemonfan13

This suggestion introduces a store/trading post, where you as a user will have the chance to store up some form of currency, towards (currently existing, in game) dragons and possibly items.

Currency:

We have been switching between both points, and Mana being the form of currency. What we call it DOESN'T matter. The idea of it is the same, regardless.

How to earn currency:

Daily play: Just by logging in, you may get a few. Doing certain actions would earn you some. The main idea is that just by doing the normal day to day things (catching, hatching, raising, breeding, and other similar things). The original idea included wanting mini games and such for extra points, but didnt go over well.

What can currency get you?

Any dragon on site, that can be caught, bred, or won through raffles, is on the list. Some dragons may not be included in the final version of this, but for now the guidelines stand as "If you can catch it in cave, at least during part of the year (Like holidays) or if it could be chosen as an HM prize LAST year, its eligible. Of course, there is the catch of seasonal eligibility, limits on certain holidays, and of course, how long it takes to earn the amount of currency needed to trade for the more rare options.

As of today (Christmas 2015) there has also been the suggestion of adding items, to do some of the things that have had BSAs pitched for them, that have not been added to the game at this time. Examples include potions for multi-clutches, Mass fogging, sickness healing wands, and nests to give potential extra egg-slots (for limited time frames).

How does this fit into current lore?

Well, thats easy. We know a rough guideline for the time frame this game is set into, which implies that trade is how to get the things you need/want. I have chosen to refer to our shopkeeper as a trader, since we are trading "currency", to get something else in return. He can be a wandering trader, or have a set location somewhere on the map.

(note: this post is going to be edited/updated later, because i feel like I missed some things.)

That's a really cool idea! They should put that in somewhere. I like how it adds a more complex element to the game.

I do like the idea of a minigame to earn points, even if others don't. Maybe there is a limit of one play per game per day so there isn't the temptation to spend hours playing minigames to earn points, but it does introduce a more fun aspect to point earning.

I actually prefer only minigame points to points gained by "normal" actions, since it would force some people to change their play styles in order to gain points if things aren't done carefully. For example, I don't raise many dragons to adulthood any more because I don't collect more than 4 CB adults of each variety of each breed. In order to gain the maximum points I would have to raise dragons that I don't want (and most likely then release them, which would do lovely things to the ratios). Other established users have other odd play styles that would similarly limit points earned.

If there are to be points done by normal actions, I think the maximum should be set so that it is reached by doing one of each point earning action daily, but the limit of points earned by each action is more like 5 or 10 actions done daily. That way people who don't do action X can make it up by the fact that they do more of action Y. For example, some people might not breed their dragons, but they hunt the AP a lot so they would have more "hatching" points. Or like me, I don't raise dragons to adulthood or even hatch a lot of eggs, but I breed my dragons a lot. Many people would end up hitting the monthly maximum before the end of the month, but I think that is better than forcing people to choose between their play styles and earning points.

I'm somewhat torn about breeding earning points, but I think it would work out ok. On the one hand, there would be a LOT of extra AP eggs generated. On the other hand, if hatching eggs and raising adults gains points then every single one of those eggs is going to be picked up and raised. I guess we can only hope most people are at least going to breed nice pairings rather than two random dragons...

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'd prefer a combo of mini-games and actions to earn points.

Actions should be limited to like one of each type action per day; so like X points for logging in, X points for breeding an egg, X points for Incubating an egg, X points for catching a caveborn egg, etc. Some people might not use every action, every day (I rarely use Teleport or Fertility for example), some folk might use every one they can. But as long as it's limited to ONE of each action per day it's fair; because it's a players choice if they use an action or not. We should come up with a list of which actions/activities earn points.

However, points earned by the mini-game should be seperate and cumulative and count towards the daily/weekly/monthly cutoff number. We really ought to decide which cutoff is favored.. I prefer monthly because while I might not have time to play every day, I should be able to max out over the course of the month.

As long as you can use minigames to make up for the fact that your play style might not allow you to hit all of the "action" points daily, I think that's fair.

I still prefer my method where you can earn points for a given action more than once by doing a given action more than one time (with a cap), but the monthly max is set low enough that it doesn't encourage spamming actions, it just allows the lack of one "action" to be made up with by more use of a different one.

If there are minigames in my system they might not even have a point limit, but instead just have a play limit. To make things fair for those who don't have time some days but do others, you would accumulate unused plays until the end of the month when they would reset. So a working stiff who is busy mon thu fri could play the accumulated games on saturday and sunday to earn their points.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I put in the thing about real money because it's come up in different places before, including here. That version seemed less objectionable than some other ideas tossed around, and seemed better received.

If the cap on points is the same however the points are earned I think it isn't necessary to limit how many times each action counts or how many times a particular mini game can be played. Someone who is very selective about what goes on their scroll could earn their period's worth of points just playing one mini game many times, whereas someone who likes breeding to the AP could earn their points just throwing a ton of nice common eggs into the pool. Limiting the points earned in total without limiting how many times each action can earn points allows the greatest flexibility.

So I too prefer both mini games and actions available to earn points. There are those who think the mini games are a waste of time and don't want to earn points that way. There are those whose play style would inhibit points earned through normal play and so prefer mini games.

One way to decide how to determine the cap would be to assume that "normal people" would earn their points by doing each point earning action once per day. So: 1. grab a cave egg. 2. breed. 3. hatch an egg. 4. grow a hatchling to adulthood. 5. Use Fertility. 6. Use Influence. 7. Use Incubate. 8. Use Teleport. 9. Fog or Unfog something. 10. ?Maybe Kill, Abandon, Earthquake, Expunge, Summon. Those aren't quite everyday actions though as the others are. But let's use 10. 10 actions "normally in a day" times 30 days in a "normal" month would be a cap of 300 point per month earned however the player chooses to earn them.

I think maybe 1.5 times the "normal" count, since there isn't a limit on how many points can be earned by any given action in a given day, and there are minigames in the mix as well counting towards the same cap. Otherwise I think hitting the cap would be too easy and happen too early in the month for most users. I have trouble imagining a play style that would still be playing but would not average more than 10 points per day using your method. I, for example, would get very few points from hatching, growing, using incubate, grabbing eggs, naming (assuming that is included) or fogging under normal conditions. I would, however, get many more points than the 6 per day I'm losing from those through breeding, teleport, influence, and fertility, especially if I start gifting again.

Maybe #10 could be "name", since you wanted 10 and the more violent/obscure actions wouldn't be a good idea to include. The argument can be made that name isn't an action that many people use, but the same argument could be made for fertility or even fogging. I almost never use fog because I've got my hatchery use down to a science. I use fertility religiously, but other people ignore it completely.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I put in the thing about real money because it's come up in different places before, including here. That version seemed less objectionable than some other ideas tossed around, and seemed better received.

NO money. NO no no no money. No real money.

I would be very unhappy to see real money involved here. Unlevelling the playing field does not begin.....

Also no grinding.

So what's wrong with money if it can't buy any advantage over the ability to spend some time on the site?

Please don't call on the slippery slope fallacy.

Limiting the points earned in total without limiting how many times each action can earn points allows the greatest flexibility.

One way to decide how to determine the cap would be to assume that "normal people" would earn their points by doing each point earning action once per day. So: 1. grab a cave egg. 2. breed. 3. hatch an egg. 4. grow a hatchling to adulthood. 5. Use Fertility. 6. Use Influence. 7. Use Incubate. 8. Use Teleport. 9. Fog or Unfog something. 10. ?Maybe Kill, Abandon, Earthquake, Expunge, Summon. Those aren't quite everyday actions though as the others are. But let's use 10. 10 actions "normally in a day" times 30 days in a "normal" month would be a cap of 300 point per month earned however the player chooses to earn them.

I like this, it simple and does not disrupt gameplay. Since the cap is low and reached easily by doing what we do on our scrolls anyway, there'd be no need for grinding - also no point in it - especially with a daily cap (but let's face it, there'd probably be a little grinding with monthly caps tongue.gif).

I would support minigames if points earned through playing them would go towards reaching the cap and not give extra points beyond that.

Basically, I support a daily cap, that can be reached by daily scroll actions, such as catching AP/Cave eggs, raising them to adulthood, BSA actions and so on... and also by playing minigames - with no limits on how many points you get by what. The daily cap should be low and reached easily - around 10 points per day would be enough to avoid the need to grind and also to not change DC experience into a chore - DC's simplicity is what makes it special, there are plenty of pet games that require daily grinding just to make ends meet (yes, I'm looking at you FR).

This way earning points would be flexible and adapt to everyone's playstyle. Don't like breeding? That's ok, you can gain points by catching CB's. Don't want to catch CB's? That's fine, you've got minigames. You find minigames boring? Perfectly fine, you got breeding, hunting, naming, describing... Don't like catching, breeding or doing anything with your dragons and also dislike minigames? You sure you're even active? tongue.gif

I think there should be some limits on how mouch one can earn e.g. within a week or sth.

So players with time don't still have that much of advantage over players who don't have so much time.

Also, as for money... how about adding an ability to purchase the currency with money BUT then the given player can't earn any more currency by playing (like the max limit in a given period is the same no matter how you gain the currency)? So it's like 'no matter if you gain the currency by playing the game or buy them with money - you still can't end up with more currency weekly(/daily or montlhy) than anyone else? So it's like a choice between earning the currency by playing on DC OR purchasing the currency with money without playing anything (ofc in the given period only so one can always swap between those methods). This way rich players don't really have an advantage over poor players but still can avoid spending time on earning the currency. I think it's a kind of compromise. (I personally wouldn't buy the currency but try to earn some of it by playing the game)

(PS or one can buy some currency and if they buy less than the periodical limit allows, they can earn the missing currency by playing and reach the maximum: so one can split and buy some and earn some or buy all or earn all by playing)

Also, when I think of FlightRising... There are way too many of the currency available per day in the mini-games... while those minigames earn the currency very slowly... To earn all of those daily maximum one needs to spend almost entire day on playing the mini-games... which is way too much... it's like a choice between having a life and earning a currency in a game...

I also think that if regular actions are to earn currency, then it should be like no matter which actions you do, (e.g. you breed more and do sth else but don't e.g. catch CBs) you still can earn the same maxiumum as others, who use all actions. (it's like in FlightRising: you can earn the maximum pleaying one chosen game, you dont' need to pleay each game to get the maximum)

Edited by VixenDra

So what's wrong with money if it can't buy any advantage over the ability to spend some time on the site?

Please don't call on the slippery slope fallacy.

But money can always buy an advantage. As long as it isn't for anything that actually affects game play I would reluctantly ignore it. But many of us cannot spend as much time on the site as we would like. Disclaimer: I can be here a lot, and I could spend a small amount if I chose.

But for "things that affect game play" reasons - what about - people who are working two jobs to make ends meet and barely have time to catch a couple of eggs before feeding the kids and going to bed, so can't do it by paying OR with time; students who can only manage to play on library computers between classes, those with capped internet who can't afford (or do not have the option in their plan) to pay extra to be here a lot, kids who are limited to an hour's play a day.... (and ACTUALLY I know some people who cannot have paypal because of where they live not allowing it - Ukraine was one I particularly recall, when I was trying to buy a book from someone I know there... I had to buy her an amazon token. I doubt if this store would accept those xd.png)

As soon as some people can buy with cash, they ARE advantaged over those who can't. Why should those who are short of both time and money be disadvantaged ?

It doesn't take a slippery slope - I know that even if I adduced it, TJ never accepts it xd.png. But money would advantage those who have it over those who don't, and even more over those with neither money not a LOT of time. Period.

Edited by fuzzbucket