Thuban

Trader's Canyon

She means that you acquire mana regularly through play, and can get a "bonus" (=extra mana) by playing the mini games that are available for specific events.

and if we want something special aside from the release on DC's Birthday then just instead of reopening old event games during then for more mana, just make it so we get bonus mana for the week of DC's birthday for being active.

Love this idea, and the ideas floating around for its implementation smile.gif Would love to have a way to get CB Holidays I missed out on!

Honestly, I would love, instead of the "dragon find a mate" game and the "gingerbread house" game, I would love to see a mini game that lets me choose the background of my primary "Home" amongst my "dragons" (whether you are an explorer or a hoard keeper/leader), be it a cave, a cottage, a palace, a cabin, etc and be able to get little furniture and trinkets to decorate it up. And I wouldn't necessarily need new trinkets/graphics made cause I'd love access to a lot of the old game ones (especially the mana zomg I love the mana). But I guess we'd need to make some cabinets or display cases or beds or floor rugs or paintings, but I don't imagine those would be horribly hard.

Anyways, thats a new idea, that also reuses old stuff, and I'd happily pay to be able to rearrange my "home" to put on display after I save it, and of course, be able to update it, and I would also pay extras for more thingies to add to it.

Just something to throw out there that is a mini game, but would be a new idea, that I think a lot of players would enjoy.

Honestly, I would love, instead of the "dragon find a mate" game and the "gingerbread house" game, I would love to see a mini game that lets me choose the background of my primary "Home" amongst my "dragons" (whether you are an explorer or a hoard keeper/leader), be it a cave, a cottage, a palace, a cabin, etc and be able to get little furniture and trinkets to decorate it up. And I wouldn't necessarily need new trinkets/graphics made cause I'd love access to a lot of the old game ones (especially the mana zomg I love the mana). But I guess we'd need to make some cabinets or display cases or beds or floor rugs or paintings, but I don't imagine those would be horribly hard.

Anyways, thats a new idea, that also reuses old stuff, and I'd happily pay to be able to rearrange my "home" to put on display after I save it, and of course, be able to update it, and I would also pay extras for more thingies to add to it.

Just something to throw out there that is a mini game, but would be a new idea, that I think a lot of players would enjoy.

The minigame parts we were talking about werent so much about new minigames but more about using them to earn more mana for the idea behind this thread.

I honestly don't think we need any new or different minigames especially if they're gonna cost mana to get anything for the mini game. The minigames should be left as special little things that happen during the holidays to get people into the spirit of things and should this idea be implemented to be able to earn more mana for the spells.

Really not feeling the point cap. The "point price" for a single dragon isn't going to change, so the amount of time I spend playing isn't going to change either. I'd rather spend 2 days grinding to get 50k points than waiting a couple weeks because of a 5k point cap because at the end of the day I'm still putting forth the same amount of effort to get 50k points. cool.gif

Edit: imo, a limit on how many dragons you can "buy" within a certain timeframe would work just as well

Edited by glytchling

Really not feeling the point cap. The "point price" for a single dragon isn't going to change, so the amount of time I spend playing isn't going to change either. I'd rather spend 2 days grinding to get 50k points than waiting a couple weeks because of a 5k point cap because at the end of the day I'm still putting forth the same amount of effort to get 50k points. cool.gif

Edit: imo, a limit on how many dragons you can "buy" within a certain timeframe would work just as well

As long as there is a limit, I'm fine with it.

It's a suggestion I added as something to purchase other than dragons. If it's a limited edition store there is nothing stated by OP in OP about being unable to add other store suggestions for items to buy in addition to dragons and/or ideas to run games to earn in game currency or mana points. You would spend the points to get game/display vs using it to earn. If you feel its not on topic please report or PM OP who is also a mod who actively runs ideas all the time on paid and non paid game additions and perks beyond what we have now. If Thuban wants me to spin it off to another thread, then I am happy to do so. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Additionally I've always felt that there should be dragons you can earn just for being active over a certain amount of time. I just think longer time players, at some point, should have access to a choice of CB Gold, Copper, Silver, with less common things being available at earlier levels. So I like points to do that, but I don't think someone should be able to get one of everything in a few weeks unless they've saved up. And like the Prize Raffle GON eggs, I would also like that they can't be traded. If it's limited edition, you earned them, not someone else. You can't trade reputation or character or bravery or accomplishment or honor or whatever. I feel these are like personal scroll badges.

Edited by natayah

I agree that the cap on rares you can 'buy' would be better than a cap on points. I can't be online all the time, so on my days off I'd gladly spend more time playing dragcave, versus the days I'm working where I'd get maybe 2 hours to do anything.

Having them unable to be traded would also be awesome. Add in another level of security and make them unable to be abandoned, either. After all, you're picking the egg, that generally means you want it, yes? So abandoning it seems silly... unless you're doing so for some sort of benefit, like abandoning it for someone else who just happens to be trading you something really nice.

So, basically, collecting points, or mana, or whatever, just for playing dragcave, I'm all for it. Using the points to get things as a reward for playing? I'm all for that too. I log on every day, I'd love for there to be some sort of 'reward'. And everyone can collect that as well so it's not like those paid perks people keep suggesting. :l

But please, don't leave it unchecked, limit how many nice things you can get (Say, 1 a month? Or whatever) and disallow trading and abandoning. This should keep the greedy ones at bay, or that's the theory. Without being able to trade it, they can't just spend all day on Dragcave and collect a lot of points, get a CB gold, and trade it for a Neglected. They get the CB gold, they keep it. They can bite it, neglect it, kill it, whatever, but the only thing they should be able to get out of it are 2nd gen shinies. Or fails. tongue.gif

Yah, I like the idea of having time limits. Especially if someone's scroll gets "hacked" even tough all the dragons would be stuck on their scroll (and again, I like the idea that these special editions cannot be moved from the scroll and heck, can't even be abandoned or get sickness like the Prizes had), I don't want someone to be able to go into someone's scroll and just spend all their points on a bunch of say... Dinos or Chickens when they know the owner doesn't like non-breedables.

So I like the idea of putting a time limit in between transactions. I think this is just as much for the scroll owners security as it is for site security. Just in case someone would "hack" your scroll, the worst they could do is buy 1 random dragon. And that way purchases are planned and thought out. There could always be exceptions made by TJ upon his decision, or a small amount of admins for rare circumstances, but I think placing time limits on dragons isn't a bad idea. IDK how much time I'd put, but I would put at least a few weeks. I think when people realized their personal benefit of someone being unable to hack and destroy their point/mana bank account, they would see this as a protection for them as well as the game. So certainly support. I don't have an issue with a longer time frame either if its not just about the points but also about site. A longer cooldown period for higher value points makes sense. Now if someone wants to be able to be able to "purchase" a playable prior holiday minigame (again a purchase, not a minigame to earn points), there wouldn't be as much of a hold on these because... its tied to the scroll and has no impact on the game itself. Dragons are a bit different. I want people to have ways to get dragons they really really want or need but just can't seem to get them. I know there are a lot of nice gifters out there, and I've met a lot. And I often try to put gifters in touch with people in need. But sometimes it just doesn't work out this way. And it breaks my heart to see good hearted long time active players, needing just that one last CB Gold or CB Silver of Copper or whatever as a mate to a Prize line, to be a mate for their other CB, so they have 1 or 2 complete pairs, and I think there should be a way they can do that. Not a super fast easy way, but something for trying and being active and doing other things.

Because them just being around the game and being an active player adds something to the game, even if they aren't the fastest hunter. And if they need to play a small mini game each time they are around to earn so many points and after awhile they can do a "purchase" or "redemption".. I think that gives them a little something extra and takes a bit of frustration out of the sting of them never seeming to be able to get their "dream" egg....

Edited by natayah

Well the idea I put forth that I kind of worked out from someone elses similar idea was that the mana would be earned by regular game play and these points/mana would be used to purchase scrolls. These scrolls would allow you call upon a dragon of a certain breed that would then "gift" you with an egg of its breed through the use of the spell. The scrolls and points earned could both have a limit.

The reason I see the limit or cap on points/mana as something necessary is that, grinding. Someone who obviously has more time will earn as many points as they need in a shorter amount of time as opposed to someone who has less time. So someone who only has 2-5 hours a day to use the site and get things done will take much longer to reach those 50k points as opposed to someone who has as much of their day available to DC. Having a cap on points means that everyone is forced to earn points at the same time and give it a feel of equality or sameness. Everyone earns their cut at the same pace regardless of time constraints.

Unless the limit of use is set to how many time you could you any given scroll regardless of breed.

For example, instead of a mana/point cap, people can only "summon" a total of 5 dragons every month, regardless of breed. So for example you could summon a silver tinsel, 2 golds, a white, and a tea and that's it. You would have to wait a month to be able to summon another dragon.

or limits on how many times you can summon a dragon per x amount of time will be greatly dependent on "rarity" such as commons will have greater amounts of availability for a user as opposed to rares. so you could summon a Tea 30 times a month as opposed to only being able to summon a gold 15 times a month.

I think limits on how many of what you can get like this is a bit unfair because in reality the cave doesn't say "hey every month I'm only gonna produce x amounts of this dragon and once all of those are gone, that's it. Ya'll gotta wait till next month" You can get as many as your scroll can hold and even if every user available filled their scrolls with a certain breed, there would still be an endless supply with no cut off limit. So its much easier to limit how much you can earn as opposed to limit what you can get.

Poking the thread....

There are lots of good suggestions for how to make a shop work. Looking back over the Halloween event, maybe potions (to preserve eggs or other things) could be included? Just little, non-tradable items to do extra, little things that don't change game play.

but doesn't buying a prize negate the purpose of them being......prizes?

i mean i think prizes are kinda OP but prizes are prizes and its our fault they are OP

btw

im not mad at the prize owners...their fine

hand me a dragon I can breed and get CB golds and thats all I would ask for

Edited by blockEdragon

but doesn't buying a prize negate the purpose of them being......prizes?

i mean i think prizes are kinda OP but prizes are prizes and its our fault they are OP

btw

im not mad at the prize owners...their fine

hand me a dragon I can breed and get CB golds and thats all I would ask for

While I completely agree with them supposedly being prizes and all, there is enough of an issue with no one liking a "win by chance" 'exclusive' dragon that a very hard to earn tinsel/shimmer is the only option. Everyone wants one but they breed slow and poor and people don't like the lack of control in the lineage making of them that its much easier to give in and propose a way to earn one rather than hear the same "I want one but I didnt win" complaint. This years prize announcement was better, less complaining but the issue still remains that there are far too little prizes, waaaaaay too much demand, and not enough second gens.

Its a toss up of better breeding odds or giving everyone an equal chance at earning one (because equal chance of winning one is getting dicey) and everyone much prefers to have their own CB than ask for better odds at making second gens.

Moving on.

After reading through the "limits on things that canbe obtained should replace point cap" arguments, and realizing I am stupid, I have to agree. A cap on things that can be otained via this method is more beneficial than a point cap. This allows everyone to earn and purchase at their own pace.

So, basically, collecting points, or mana, or whatever, just for playing dragcave, I'm all for it. Using the points to get things as a reward for playing? I'm all for that too. I log on every day, I'd love for there to be some sort of 'reward'. And everyone can collect that as well so it's not like those paid perks people keep suggesting. :l

But please, don't leave it unchecked, limit how many nice things you can get (Say, 1 a month? Or whatever) and disallow trading and abandoning.

This is basically good. I saw a lot of support for my proposed idea of collecting 'mana' that can be used to 'summon' a dragon that then 'gifts' you an egg of its breed. All dragon except holidays and alts are up for grabs. obviously something like a tinsel will require more mana than a black tea or even a copper.

Mana will obtained through every day actions. The actions up for debate on inclusion are:

-Daily log in (toss up between static amount or cumulative over constant log in.)

-Catching CB

-Hatching an egg

-Raising a hatchling

-Naming

-Breeding

-BSA Use

-Abandoning

-Possible Mini Games

If cap is removed then obviously point gain will be different between players who log on daily and for hours over players with limited time. but thats okay. Awarded mana can be saved up with no limit to how much you can save up over time, other than by personal spending. Once saved up users will have access to 'spells' that will each allow the user to summon a dragon of the labeled breed which will then grant the user access to one of its eggs before disappearing/returning to where it came from.

Limits to dragons like Prizes have been debated in allowing a max of 2 per type of dragon per person. I don;t remember if the ownership of one through a raffle counts towards the limit. This is to ensure that there is no hoarding while allowing users a possibility of a male and female of each tier. Possible caps on other breeds can be debated but don't seem necessary. Trading will not be an option with these eggs. Abandoning can be debated.

Now in terms of limits, I propose two different limits to this concept. Both can be applied or one can be chosen. Its up for debate and choice on what could be more convenient, one, or the other, or both.

First limit: Scroll summon cool down.

This limit means that once a certain breed is summoned, the ability to use the spell again will require a cool down like the use of a BSA. The more rare a dragon is, the longer the cool down. This will limit how quickly a user can obtain a dragon allowing time to save up. This can also make rarer dragons more worth while since since cool down can be set in a manner that the rarer a dragon, the longer the cool down. (If applied with the other method, cool downs can be equal among all summons or still proportioned to rarity but on a lesser scale.)

Second Method: Flat out # of summons per x amount of days

This limit simply caps how many summons you can do in a certain period of time. For example, you can summon 10 per every 2 weeks meaning if you summon 10 black teas in a short span of time, you will have to wait 2 weeks to be able to summon anything. This does not place any addition limit per breed but simply on the overall ability to get eggs from this method. Similar to freeding you are only allows x amount of actions/summons per x amount of time. If all actions/summons are used up, the x amount of time but be served before being able to do that action/summon anything.

What do you guys think?

the issue still remains that there are far too little prizes, waaaaaay too much demand, and not enough second gens.

Prizes are not supposed to be available CB to everyone. There aren't too few - unless you also feel there are too few Nobel prizes, Toyotas to be won by sending in clips from butter packages or clicking "like" on Fakebook, and so on.

This is basically good. I saw a lot of support for my proposed idea of collecting 'mana' that can be used to 'summon' a dragon that then 'gifts' you an egg of its breed. All dragon except holidays and alts are up for grabs. obviously something like a tinsel will require more mana than a black tea or even a copper.

Mana will obtained through every day actions. The actions up for debate on inclusion are:

-Daily log in (toss up between static amount or cumulative over constant log in.)

-Catching CB

-Hatching an egg

-Raising a hatchling

-Naming

-Breeding

-BSA Use

-Abandoning

-Possible Mini Games

Your suggestion - and most made here - is often FAR too close to grinding. As long as it is STRICTLY regular activity and does not involve ANY kind of extra games....

ETA I would NOT include abandoning here.

AS to scroll limits - they CANNOT limit in any way that means that lucky people who happen to WIN several CB prizes would lose out.

Disclaimer: I do not have a prize. I am NOT asking for any degree exclusivity for that reason AT ALL. IF they are included in this as CB, though, they should be MASSIVELY hard to get.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well I phrased that wrong. What you quoted is what seems to be the issue, thus why they continue to be a possibility in this suggestion. Persinally I'm happy to leave them completely out and have them be as they are, prizes, for the raffle. I don't know how well others would take to that.

I was never given links, to be able to include other specific options in the first post. I had asked multiple times for the people who had other ideas that they wanted to flesh out, to give me a summary post to link in the first page. If you guys could maybe do that, to help narrow down ALL of the different ones that came up, I might take interest in maintaining the thread again tongue.gif

Most of the ideas I see floating around, arent anything like my original suggestion. I hate the idea of tying mana to this, but I can see why others would like it. I dont mind the idea of daily care /scroll things being used to store points (but calling it mana rubs me wrongly. I'd rather refer to it as "experience points" if we are avoiding currency, since the points are being gained by taking care of the critters...) The dragons have mana, our human chars do not necessarily have magic, but have access to it.

For those bringing up the idea of putting things like halloween items in there: I'm not against it. It could be fun to have access to "just for fun" dress up items and such, but I'm going to stay adamant that the trader still cycle out what hes selling/trading frequently.

Im cool with him having connections to get specific commons at any time (a drop down request menu would cover that), uncommons sometimes/usually, but rares stay rares. Im also cool with him just having everything available always, but with the rare things being stupidly hard to save up for. I'm flexible with my suggestions.

And while most people are against actual Pay options: I'm not. If the event "pay to finish" options were to become a thing, I would have no problem with that being shared into this suggestion, however this suggestion works out.

TL:DR version:

~ I need the different ideas floating around, to be summarized up into individual posts for references I can link in the first post. If you guys want this fleshed out, I need help organizing them so they can be.

~I'm cool with different options happening as LONG as a single post is maintained with the most up to date information for each variation (so it can be linked in first post)

~Im fine with some of the event "pay to finish" and halloween like "pay" options being shoved into this, in the event either happens. The trader is fine with all forms of currency, be it points, mana, experience, or cash. Cash options will NOT EVER apply to gaining anything that is considered a "game changer". harmless event items, and tokens are fine.

~Mostly: Just get the individual ideas you guys are pushing for broken down into individual, linkable posts, so that people can easily see whats been discussed.

I think that there should be mini games, and no limit on how much you can play them. However, there should be a mana cap from the GAMES each day/week/hour/whatever. Only from the games, though - normal DC actions would still gain mana!

Things that give you mana, in order of my preference from most mana to least mana per time completed:

- Common hatchling grows up on your scroll

- Common egg hatches on your scroll

- Uncommon/rare hatchling grows on your scroll (basically the more common/blocker the dragon is, the more mana it gives)

- catching a Biome egg

- catching an AP egg

- Naming a dragon

- Breeding dragons (mana given not affected by success or not of breeding)

- BSA use (Would vary between BSAs: Incubate may give barely any, while Expunge would reward with lots)

- 10 minutes of being online. (this means actively viewing a page, not just being logged in in general)

- logging in.

I included different rarities of dragons giving different amounts of mana when raised so that users would be encouraged to raise the common/blocker breeds - to gain more mana! It would also give us an insight into the ratios, which can never be a bad thing :3

I'd say that obtaining Prizes through this method isn't necessarily a bad thing; who doesn't want a CB Prize to call their own? I guess I'm a little biased here, as I don't have a CB Prize myself.

However, if they were implemented in this store:

- They would be VERY hard to get. As in, it could take a year of saving for even a fairly active user to get a Gold Prize. Perhaps 6 months for bronze, and 9 for Silver. (Maybe only 1/2-3/4 of that for users who decided to cheat or grind REALLY hard. But still quite a feat.)

- You would only be able to get ONE from the store. Yes, ONE. This means, if you want to have a male and a female, you still have to win one. There's no cap on winning them, but the store would be able to sell exactly one egg of each Prize type to each scroll. Remember, that's 6 prize eggs total! Shouldn't that be enough?

I wanted to say something else too, but I forgot it. -.-

Anyway, that's my take. Think of it how you will.

Catching an AP egg - you know that if there's no cap on how much mana a person can earn in X amount of time there will be people who grind mana by catch and release at the AP for hours. I say no on that one.

Ditto on breeding. If I wanted the mana and didn't care about lineages or overflowing AP I could sit there and breed in the neighborhood of 1400 pairs in one go. And I don't even have that big a scroll comparatively.

Naming - also could be used for grinding if one wanted, since dragons can also be unnamed. Nope, I don't think that's a good idea either. Not with no mana cap.

10 minutes "active" online time - how are you going to know if they're active or not? Logged in, scroll open. And I'm off doing something else for several hours. I -never- log out of my scroll. I don't close my browser either. So if I'm on the computer I seem to be online. How are you going to figure that as active? The computer doesn't know whether I'm on that tab or not. Doesn't know if I'm off playing minecraft or WoW with my browser open. I'm not opposed to counting logged in time, but you aren't going to be able to determine activity so easily.

Alright lets take it one by one:

- Common hatchling grows up on your scroll

I would say yes but not limited to common = more. Just because blockers/commons are an issue, forcing players to get them for mana is a bit unfair. Its along the lines of trying to give an unliked/blocker breed a good BSA just to make them desirable. Also blockers and rares/uncommons fluctuate. A blocker now could be uncommon later. This will cause issues in adjusting mana gain as these changes happen. So long as a hatchling grows up on your scroll then you will get a flat rate of x amount of mana points. No more or less depending on rarity.

- Common egg hatches on your scroll

Same as above. So long as an egg hatches on your scroll you get a flat rate of x amount of mana.

- Uncommon/rare hatchling grows on your scroll (basically the more common/blocker the dragon is, the more mana it gives)

Same as above.

- catching a Biome egg

This should definitely be included. Mana is gained for every biome egg you obtain. Again, arity should play no role and a flat rate of x amount of mana should be awarded simply for obtaining an egg from the biomes.

- catching an AP egg

Theres two ways to go about this: 1) this option is not added at all for the potential of abuse/possibility of grinding creating an unfair advantage or easy method to obtain costly spells or 2)If possible some sort of time limit per AP adoption is used as a cap meaning that for example you only gain mana from picking up AP eggs every hour. Kind of like how you can only post in the forums every 15 seconds and trying to post before then is not allowed, you can gain mana from AP pick ups lets say once every hour/x hours, any pick ups done between then and when the hour is up are not counted. If the second method is applied then Mana gain should be minimal if possible single digit gain. This deters grinding since gain is minimal and too much of a hassle to make it worth the trouble.

- Naming a dragon

This too can be done as I mentioned above: 1) not added at all due to possible abuse or 2) limited to mana gained once a week/x weeks per dragon. Gain should also be mane minimal, single digit to deter abuse.

- Breeding dragons (mana given not affected by success or not of breeding)

Breeding as well can be treated as above: 1) not added at all or 2) limited mana gained once every x weeks/month per pair. Mana gain should be minimal to avoid abuse, single digit if possible.

- BSA use (Would vary between BSAs: Incubate may give barely any, while Expunge would reward with lots)

BSA's should give equal amounts of Mana regardless of the BSA but should be limited as above to either 1) no inclusion or 2) Limited mana gained once every x hours/day per/week(?) per BSA use. Mana gain should be minimal, single digit if possible.

- 10 minutes of being online. (this means actively viewing a page, not just being logged in in general)

This would be also a very good inclusion though I would also suggest this to either be single digit of a very small double digit number. Activity should definitely be rewarded.

- logging in.

This one is a given but the question is: A large amount of mana awarded once upon log in? or A moderate/small sum of mana awarded but can be stacked for every successful daily log ins done in a row (e.g. A daily log in is 50 mana, for every consecutive log in an addition 50 mana is awarded or +20 mana is awarded. Failing to log in consecutively erases the accumulated amount bringing you back to the base amount.)

I personally would not like to see prizes in the shop, with increased winner pool this should not be necessary, obtaining one should be you are dedicated and will earn one no matter the cost hard to get. Getting one should be the equivalent of having to grind a certain boss monster repeatedly to obtain that super rare drops barely ever item. Shiny pokemon x5 rare. It should be a feat of dedication and constant activity that earns you a prize, not sitting and grinding an action to get there.

I support it! I didn't see any other way for me to get at least 2nd gen Holly or Mistletoe. So it would be awesome if there are some other ways to get old CB Holidays and CB Prizes.

I support it! I didn't see any other way for me to get at least 2nd gen Holly or Mistletoe. So it would be awesome if there are some other ways to get old CB Holidays and CB Prizes.

CB Holidays on the most part have been argued by some of the artists that they should not beincluded. As for CB Prizes... I don't feel like they should be added either. They are 'prizes' not shop exclusives.

I read a bunch of suggestions on this thread and I still like the original shop idea best, you collect points (mana, experience, what you call it really doesn't matter to me tongue.gif)... and then spend them on a dragon you want, no fuss, nice and clean.

I like the idea of gaining points by doing things like naming, breeding ect. on the scroll, abuse can be easily avoided by placing a daily or weekly limit of how many points you can get per week. Mini games are a meh for me, I know I'd be very unlikely to play them, but perhaps someone would enjoy having them as an additional option of point gathering, so as long as they don't bring any extra points beyond those you can gather per day/week, I see no issue in having them too.

I'd like to see all types of dragons included, including Prizes, Holidays and Alts/Hybrids - their prices should be suitable high, so you wouldn't be able to grab everything within a year of playing. I feel that winning a Prize dragon this way should be a major challenge (perhaps somewhere around minimally 7-8 months of gameplay, so realistically it would take most people around a year to gather enough points to obtain them), with Holidays a bit less demanding (perhaps a 3-4 months worth of gameplay - enough to get 3-4 holidays per year). Also Holiday dragons should only be obtained in their breeding season, it just wouldn't make much sense to have them available all year round (as much as I would like to get my Sweetling tomorrow xd.png). I'd love to see Alts/Hybrids in this bunch, but they're even rarer then Prizes and so their price should match this too. Basically, give us a option to win a currently unobtainable dragon, but also make us work for it.

I also feel that rares like Metallics should also be worth around as much as Holidays, with uncommons being worth half as much and commons half or a third the price of uncommons. With a good pricing system, there's no need for scroll limits (Holiday Valentine and Christmas dragon excluded from this of course, since they already have a set scroll limit), players will have to choose which type of dragons they desire most as there will be no way to hoard them all in a matter of months or a year.

I also like the idea of eggs obtained from the shop and points themselves being untradeable - the last thing DC's economy needs is a another type of currency.

Edited by stagazer_7

I read a bunch of suggestions on this thread and I still like the original shop idea best, you collect points (mana, experience, what you call it really doesn't matter to me tongue.gif)... and then spend them on a dragon you want, no fuss, nice and clean.

I like the idea of gaining points by doing things like naming, breeding ect. on the scroll, abuse can be easily avoided by placing a daily or weekly limit of how many points you can get per week. Mini games are a meh for me, I know I'd be very unlikely to play them, but perhaps someone would enjoy having them as an additional option of point gathering, so as long as they don't bring any extra points beyond those you can gather per day/week, I see no issue in having them too.

I'd like to see all types of dragons included, including Prizes, Holidays and Alts/Hybrids - their prices should be suitable high, so you wouldn't be able to grab everything within a year of playing. I feel that winning a Prize dragon this way should be a major challenge (perhaps somewhere around minimally 7-8 months of gameplay, so realistically it would take most people around a year to gather enough points to obtain them), with Holidays a bit less demanding (perhaps a 3-4 months worth of gameplay - enough to get 3-4 holidays per year). Also Holiday dragons should only be obtained in their breeding season, it just wouldn't make much sense to have them available all year round (as much as I would like to get my Sweetling tomorrow xd.png). I'd love to see Alts/Hybrids in this bunch, but they're even rarer then Prizes and so their price should match this too. Basically, give us a option to win a currently unobtainable dragon, but also make us work for it.

I also feel that rares like Metallics should also be worth around as much as Holidays, with uncommons being worth half as much and commons half or a third the price of uncommons. With a good pricing system, there's no need for scroll limits (Holiday Valentine and Christmas dragon excluded from this of course, since they already have a set scroll limit), players will have to choose which type of dragons they desire most as there will be no way to hoard them all in a matter of months or a year.

I also like the idea of eggs obtained from the shop and points themselves being untradeable - the last thing DC's economy needs is a another type of currency.

I love how simply and clean your post is. I totally agree with you, this "store" would destroy elitary groups and let everyone to achieve their goals with a fair level of commitance and efforts. Is that so bad? I would honestly use the store to improve DC's lore by describing how cities, villages and humans are organized, why they seek dragons to take records of them, how do they interact. I totally see it as a marginal game you can play along with the main one: collecting eggs from the cave.

And by "fair level" I mean you wouldn't be able to collect enough mana crystals, coins (or whatever) to buy a shimmer in less than a year, without buying anything else, no holidays, no alts.

I can work to buy a microwave in my real life; 60-70 euro that I can earn with the job I do everyday. However if I win a microwave tomorrow I would still be super happy to have a prize for free.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Catching an AP egg - you know that if there's no cap on how much mana a person can earn in X amount of time there will be people who grind mana by catch and release at the AP for hours. I say no on that one.

Ditto on breeding. If I wanted the mana and didn't care about lineages or overflowing AP I could sit there and breed in the neighborhood of 1400 pairs in one go. And I don't even have that big a scroll comparatively.

Naming - also could be used for grinding if one wanted, since dragons can also be unnamed. Nope, I don't think that's a good idea either. Not with no mana cap.

10 minutes "active" online time - how are you going to know if they're active or not? Logged in, scroll open. And I'm off doing something else for several hours. I -never- log out of my scroll. I don't close my browser either. So if I'm on the computer I seem to be online. How are you going to figure that as active? The computer doesn't know whether I'm on that tab or not. Doesn't know if I'm off playing minecraft or WoW with my browser open. I'm not opposed to counting logged in time, but you aren't going to be able to determine activity so easily.

Activity - raising a dragon to adulthood. Simples smile.gif

Say 10 points for that, and 3 for hatching an egg. MAYBE one for influencing, one for incubating. None for teleport, as you could set up to do that all day to and fro with a friend, if you have (cough) a lot of magis.

None for breeding, none for hiding, unhiding, abandoning, freezing. Maybe ONE for naming. But not for renaming - so if they cannot be separated out, forget that.

Logging on is an issue - I never log out. I REALLY don't want to have to do so to get the points.

And preferably no prizes in-store. It seems that some of the artists object and that's enough reason for me.

Edited by fuzzbucket

My impressions after reading the first post:

1, It would be awesome if we could but a random egg. I mean, I collect the points, and when I have enouhg, the game offert me to visit a Cave I haven't been to in a long time, if at all. There I can see three eggs with the usual red question mark and no description.

(Whether to disable the /view link is a good idea or not, we can discuss.) Once in the cave, I can pick one out of three eggs. Later it appears as Location: cave.

I can trade the egg if I didn't get what I wanted to, I can abandon, I can kill, whatever. Whether the egg is sickness-protected like lottery prices are, is up to discussion but maybe they should be. The ratio in the hidden cave should work like it does outside in the six normal caves - some would be easier to get than others.

2, I'm totally not against artist-alts or variants that'd be available only here. If the artists are willing to do / allow, that is, obviously.

3, Same goes for hidden-only breeds. I would love them. And while we're at it: how about getting a CB snow angel that's of the other two wing variants? I have goldwings, but from the hidden cave I would also have the chance of a tricolor and a white. And dark sweetlings. ninja.gif

+1, A completely different use of the points would be to take an already existing (common, or at least available-breed) egg from my growing eggs, and be able to change its code. (But it remains the same breed.)

Edited by Darth Krande