Thuban

Trader's Canyon

Yes, im aware that I cant make everyone happy. I can however make people equally unhappy, if I dont get bored first.

This... This made me grin xd.png I'm sorry the strain is so much, I am personally sorry if this good hearted idea is making you rip your hair out.

I don't think Olympe quite understands why the in the shop idea with currency, people kept saying no to readily available eggs. Not saying that she's wrong or anything, I just kind of want to make the point understood because she made it seem like there was no actual reason to people objecting to commons/uncommons in the point store idea. It would comprimise the dynamic trading system by adding some type of numeric/monetary value to eggs. As is the trading system works because it allows an assortment of playstyles to trade in harmony by allowing users to consider offers on a case by case basis as well as on personal preference. Adding a numeric value would severely change that since each egg would be labeled by currency value it has, forcing users to abide by that staple and make it so certain eggs which could have been a bit more valued be devalued due to a numeric system.

I feel that the fluctuating trade market and the ever changing preference of users is what caused the rare trading thread to close down. It was becoming more and more dificult to label certain dragons as rare, not rare because at some point a certain spike in preference may cause x dragon to be rare with high demand and then a few weeks/months later the demand would drop. Then it might rise again an bring another breed with it and now those two were rare but some other breed on the list has little demand and as such isnt "rare" or "Valuable" anymore. Such dynamics wouldnt work because if someone starts to put more value into an egg of lesser cost and trades an high cost egg for an inadequate amount of that egg they might feel half fulfilled because yeah they got the breed they like but its far less than what they offered and personal preference becomes less rewarding. On the other hand, if someone has something of medium value that want something of higher value, they wouldnt recieve a trade. It would be forcing players to use the shop as their main source of recieving eggs because, Heck why trade for it when I can just buy it? People who would allow IOU's of multiple hatchlings to save hunting time might not anymore or if they do may have to start asking for a rediculous amount to satisfy the price of whatever rarity they are trading for. Its... complicated. Having commons and uncommons which are readily available given a store price with a set number is asking for trouble and single handedly unbalancing the trading system as we know it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the trader idea because it caters to that dynamic trading style and makes use of systems already set in place. The trader should be there for about a week and maybe 2 days to allow people time to find and hatch the required dragons should the trader ask for hatchlings. In terms of destination, since ratios are a thing I think the eggs can be auto abandoned by the trader into the AP so they can either be picked up at low times and hatched or picked up as hatchlings. This will create great movement in the AP as well to allow catching and hatching of currently unwanted breeds. If possilble the RGN should randomize within certain parameters though like if x trade is valued as uncommon, ask for 1-3 common items; if valued at rare ask for 1-5 common/uncommon items; and so on and so forth if you get what I mean. Like if this trade is this value, ask for breeds within this list. On a final note, mybe the trader should be available only to bronze trophies and higher to allow newer users to get a feel for DC and get to know how it works before tossing a trader at them :3

Now on to the questions:

What eggs do you want to see made available? (why?)

Because as with anything many common breeds are already overly abundant, lets limit the breeds to uncommons and higher. This way it makes it more worth it to trade 1-5 breeds of dragons in mixed stages for one egg.

What eggs SHOULDN'T be available? (why?)

Breeds currently deemed as "under populated" by the ratios, so anything that is overly aundant shouls not be available through the trader since they can be obtained en mass from the cave.

Are there changes that you would like to see before considering if "Trader" is better than "shop"?

I'm not quite sure if my added suggestion in the paragraphs above count as a change. If they do use that.

Would making a point to make sure that rares are definitely harder to obtain (as in combinations of multiple breeds and stages in the RNG pool) help convince those of you who don't want them "easy"?

I think thats fine :3 making them difficult (but not stressful) to obtain would be great and allow those who cannot offer certain breeds of high value to still be able to work for their rares in terms of trading, especially if it will add a wanted mix of stages (eggs and hatchlings).

[EDIT:]

-I think there should be a limit on how much is available, particularly with commons if their location is changed to "trader" or "cave" or something of the sort because the user didn't get it from the biome. We still need biomes to move.

On this note the trader should be a one trade thing, once completed he will poof and not appear again for another couple of weeks maybe.

Edited by AnanoKimi

-I think there should be a limit on how much is available, particularly with commons if their location is changed to "trader" or "cave" or something of the sort because the user didn't get it from the biome. We still need biomes to move.

The limit would already be whatever a user is willing to give/do for a single common trader egg. Say, he offers Blacktip eggs and asks you to give him 2 Glory eggs for each. There might be a player or two who would actually take the opportunity to fill up their scroll cap as much as they can with trader Blacktips, but really, how often would they do that, and how many would do that ever? Most players wouldn't care about the "trader" biome and rather take the readily-available-without-hoops Blacktips from the coast. Thus, I don't think commons need to be excluded or limited at all - low demand will limit trader commons while giving those who like to try e.g. rainbow Copper lineages with them the option to do so.

(Uncommons and rares should probably be limited, though - there is only so much a single trader can put on the cart!)

On the same note, I don't think the trader needs to poof after a single trade. The trader's offers are already limited by design, why limit them more? (From a narrative point, it wouldn't be logical for a trader to *not* try to sell everything they have either.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

As for "other stuff": Um... Can we avoid suggesting adding items to this thing? Items would be cool and all, but that is asking for a far larger amount of work than what im already trying to suggest.

What about stuff like previous ToT or FoE items? That stuff already exists, so shouldn't be a much larger amount of work, or would you rather avoid those as well?

There is LOTS of wiggle room here. If the Trader route is how we decide to go from here, the only thing I personally will insist on, is a timer that shows EXACTLY how long until they will leave, if they are going to leave.

I personally like the store method better personally as I don't really want a trader to show up randomly. If I am working on things on my scroll and it shows up randomly it would irritate me if I had to stop what I was doing and deal with him. at least with a shop I could go there when I wanted and if I wanted to.

Before I try to flesh this out more thoroughly though, I have questions for YOU ALL.

Are there changes that you would like to see before considering if "Trader" is better than "shop"?

Would making a point to make sure that rares are definitely harder to obtain (as in combinations of multiple breeds and stages in the RNG pool) help convince those of you who don't want them "easy"?

I would like to see things that you can't already get from the cave to be included such as prize dragons and Holidays. I think Prizes should be worth a lot of points which would limit the amount people would be able to get without adding a bunch more rules and limits. I also think that Holidays should only be available during their limited breeding window. I think that the older the Holiday dragon, the more points it should cost which would help keep the rareness without adding more limits and rules. You can already only have 2 CB of all holiday dragons except Halloween, so adding more rules is pointless in my opinion.

I don't think that dragons still readily available from the cave should be included. I also don't think spriters alts should be available either.

I like the store idea better personally as a trader interrupting me when I am doing stuff on my scroll would just annoy me. I like the point system better as I would have to work for what I want by building up points.

Edited by osean

What about stuff like previous ToT or FoE items? That stuff already exists, so shouldn't be a much larger amount of work, or would you rather avoid those as well?

I have no opinion when it comes to past items. I mean, while I have missed things over the years, I accept that I cant get them.

New items that affect gameplay however... *shudders* lets work out the idea of getting the dragons first and reapproach that later tongue.gif

What I don't think should be available from the trader: bright pink eggs, GoN eggs, neglected eggs, zombies.

What I think should be available but only in a very limited way: Prizes; metals, rares and uncommons; alt vines, blacks and undines; hybrids (including avatars); bred only color morphs (stripes). I think a mechanic should be in place that limits the total number of HM type eggs given out severely. Probably not more than 50 to 100 total each year. Yes, I'm aware that not everyone would be able to get one with those numbers. That keeps them in the category of not being something able to be regularly obtained. Past holiday dragons would also be something I think should only be available in a very limited way. I agree that they should only be in the trader's inventory during their holiday breeding window, and that regular scroll limits should apply. I think beyond that that they should be limited to one per holiday per person.

What I think should be available regularly: most in-cave eggs, excepting the above. Yes, they are available in the cave and we want the cave to keep moving. However, these would count against the ratios and if people are willing to pay for cb blockers with the "trader" biome I think that should be encouraged. Maybe the trader could have "two for one" sales: "Give me any black egg and I'll give you two water walker eggs." Perhaps the "two for one" eggs he gives you are old and he needs to move his stock. Maybe the time left on those could be set to something incuhatchable. The "not blockers" would just be regular time left and not bargains. I'm sure TJ could have something that would identify under-populated breeds, which would be the bargains.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

What I don't think should be available from the trader: bright pink eggs, GoN eggs, neglected eggs, zombies.

Totally forgot about those. Will add them to my post above because I actually agree wholeheartedly.

Totally forgot about those. Will add them to my post above because I actually agree wholeheartedly.

Those have NEVER been an option....Things that are available as HM or are Holidays and Prizes were the original guidelines. GoNs and Zombies are not tradable, OP isnt available as HM.. and nds.. i dont think those have ever been selectable either?

You are correct, Thuban. I included them in my post because they've never been available but people were not excluding them in their posts regarding what should or should not be available.

Holidays other than Christmas holiday eggs were also not available though, and we're including those. I just wanted to be clear that I'm not advocating anything that was not available as an HM for this except Halloween and Valentine's eggs in their window.

I made sure to mention them just to be as clear as possible.

You are correct, Thuban. I included them in my post because they've never been available but people were not excluding them in their posts regarding what should or should not be available.

Right - I didn't exclude them because I forgot xd.png but I agree with you there. smile.gif

edit: add quote for page wrap

Edited by Ruby Eyes

The limit would already be whatever a user is willing to give/do for a single common trader egg. Say, he offers Blacktip eggs and asks you to give him 2 Glory eggs for each. There might be a player or two who would actually take the opportunity to fill up their scroll cap as much as they can with trader Blacktips, but really, how often would they do that, and how many would do that ever? Most players wouldn't care about the "trader" biome and rather take the readily-available-without-hoops Blacktips from the coast. Thus, I don't think commons need to be excluded or limited at all - low demand will limit trader commons while giving those who like to try e.g. rainbow Copper lineages with them the option to do so.

Ruby, I meant that people seem more likely to do something to get a common labeled as "trader" biome than to pick up the actual biome breed if they can simply because it's "special" and possibly allows them more freedom when breeding coppers (if the trader biome is the same as cave location).

The two for one seems like a good remedy though.

Edited by Jazeki

Ruby, I meant that people seem more likely to do something to get a common labeled as "trader" biome than to pick up the actual biome breed if they can simply because it's "special" and possibly allows them more freedom when breeding coppers (if the trader biome is the same as cave location).

The two for one seems like a good remedy though.

I get rather frequent request for biome specific pairings that need "cave" mates. I have a good number, but as most of them were from before I paid attention to lineges, I dont have a good number of things people are actually looking for. my "Cave" nebs get requests frequently as copper mates due to wanting to maintain color themes.

Those people who need those types of pairings will generally offer a decent amount for the pairing. Since I intend the Traders "ratios" to account for whatever the cave is also doing, I don't really see an issue between trading for "Trader" labeled eggs, rather than picking up biome eggs. Trader is likely to be far more work, but gets the person what they need, assuming they want those for lineage reasons.

The things it asks for, I intend to have randomized. Maybe the trader really really wants to give you a gold egg for your inbred split hatchys. Maybe it wants a messy gold for its cb spitfire. Maybe there are far too many pygmies, so he wants to adopt all of them, and hand out a million and one BSA dragons. Thats something that can be played with, alongside other suggestions I have seen here on the forums and discussed in chats.

He a trader.. hes not going to know the history of these eggs. Cave eggs are cave eggs because we dont know their history. Trader eggs are very similar in that way. How many people has he traded with along the way?

I like the idea of a shop where you can simply drop by after obtaining a sufficient number of points and buy a dragon during the time the breed is available for buying. Clean and simple, rewarding the dedication of a player who spent the xxx amount of time collecting enough points to earn their reward.

I don't really care for the idea of limiting the number of any dragons per year the trader/shop has. Putting the limits on how many dragons per scroll you can get, now that I absolutely approve. But limiting their numbers in the shop? This would be especially problematic for Holidays and Prizes as it could lead to a scenario where a player happens to log in at the wrong time and find the shop empty day after day until the availability period runs out and is left empty handed after working for months to get the sufficient number of points and having to wait another year until the the dragons in the shop can be bought again with pretty much an equal chance of it happening again.

Edited by stagazer_7

I don't think that scenario you are picturing is what Thuban is proposing.

She is proposing that the trader not be available all the time.

She is proposing that not all breeds be available all the time even when the trader is available.

She is proposing that there are limits on how many of a rare, etc. any one person can trade for in a year's time.

She is proposing that certain things such as HM type things might need to be limited overall (I think)

She is not proposing a limit on how many regular breeds overall are available. Your scenario where the shop is empty could not happen.

So for example, one week there are gold shimmers available. If 200 people can come up with the trade to get them, and none of them have already gotten a prize that year through the trader, then 200 people would get gold shimmers. Say the trader is offering two for one on water walkers. 500 people take him up on the offer. All 500 would get their two walkers. The 501th person to check out the trade would still see that walker trade, until the trader left for this session.

Almost every egg:

-Commons

-Uncommons

-Rares (including metals)

-Prizes

-Hybrids and Alts (including Avatars and Striped)

The more dragons there are, the most likely people will have to think before buying, something they need for a planned lineage, or something they want.

Also, Olympe said she would like to see other things aside from eggs, I have to admit I thought that was a cool idea, she suggested the selling of potions, but maybe mana crystals are a better option since we have sprites for that already (and if there is going to be sprites on the shop of course), also, you can make use of the different sizes for the same effect with different "power". They could work like this:

Time: it adds or take time in the growing process of an egg or a hatchling. The big takes/add a day, the medium just 12 hours, and the small only 6 hours.

Fire: boost the possibility of the egg being male (unless you prefer it for females, of course). The bigger the crystal, the bigger the chances.

Ice: works as the opposite of Fire (if fire is for males, this is for females, and viceversa).

Earth: earthquake BSA. I dont know how the chances could work here... but maybe the bigger it is, the higher the chance of success and death.

Light: has possibilities of curing an egg or hatchling from sickness. The bigger the crystal, the bigger the chances.

Life: just like the revive option with more success rate. Same as above for the chances.

Death: you use it on a dead dragon, you try to revive it, and it could revive as a zombie (has the same rate as in halloween), the rate doesnt boost in halloween of course. Or maybe only works in Halloween, but it has more possibilties of reviving as a zombie dragon. I am not so sure about this one... In Any case: same as above for the chances.

Air: just like teleport or protects an egg from earthquake (or both). The bigger the crystal, the more time will last its effects (from 1 day to 4 days), unless it only works for teleport, in which case I dont know...

Magi: boost or hinders the likelihood of getting an alt/hybrid when breeding a pair of dragons. Or just like teleport and Air only protects an egg from earthquake. The chances depends on the effect it gets, if its the first, the bigger the crystal, the bigger the chances, if its the second effect, then I dont know.

Water, Dark and Lightning: I dont know. But actually, not all have to be in the shop/trader, even some of the mentioned above doesnt have to be, if there is going to be something else aside from eggs in it.

I dont expect much from this suggestion, but is there anyway... I guess

The obvious:

-Neglected.

-Zombies.

-GoN.

-Retired breeds (unless they are re-released, but thats beside the point).

-Something else I may have forgotten.

Well, I prefer the shop, since it will have a bunch of eggs most of the time, instead of just a few sometimes. But I dont really care.

I would prefer if the trader/shop doesnt ask for hatchlings, but other rares or many uncommon and common eggs. I mean, is difficult enough to get an egg of certain breeds you have just a few, imagine if you need to get a hatchling, in which you need to wait in most cases (unless you get lucky enough to get the specific breed in the AP, in which it can go from incuhatchable to just a few hours with incubate). Of course, I will still be fine if it still ask for hatchlings.

Edited by pederino

I somehow completely forgot about GoNs, Neglecteds, and Zombies. Yeah, they definitely shouldn't be available for the shop in any fashion. Basic HM rules here. I'm torn on Frills/BPs; Frills have been available for HMs before so there's precedence for them being available, and I'd like to see BPs make a comeback, but I accept that they probably won't be available.

And yeah, i think that commons should definitely be available. No reason to exclude them, given that sometimes you just can't find the common you need in the biomes and you might just need a Cave-biome common.

I don't think that scenario you are picturing is what Thuban is proposing.

She is proposing that the trader not be available all the time.

Thanks for the summary Fiona! smile.gif While I still like the idea of a permanent shop with all breeds available during that time better because I find it simpler, a traveling merchant idea is pretty neat too and I'm not against it. It fits well into DC's fantasy world too.

She is proposing that not all breeds be available all the time even when the trader is available.

I'm also not opposed to this idea, since it would make sense that a trader doesn't necessarily have everything and their stock varies.

She is proposing that there are limits on how many of a rare, etc. any one person can trade for in a year's time.

This is absolutely necessary and has my 100% support.

She is proposing that certain things such as HM type things might need to be limited overall (I think)

She is not proposing a limit on how many regular breeds overall are available. Your scenario where the shop is empty could not happen.

So for example, one week there are gold shimmers available. If 200 people can come up with the trade to get them, and none of them have already gotten a prize that year through the trader, then 200 people would get gold shimmers. Say the trader is offering two for one on water walkers. 500 people take him up on the offer. All 500 would get their two walkers. The 501th person to check out the trade would still see that walker trade, until the trader left for this session.

Now this is something I definitely can't support, be it for commons or ultra rares. When a certain type of dragon is available in a shop/trader I feel there should be no limits of how many dragon eggs a trader has. If you earned enough points and the trader has that breed you should be able to collect your reward. Limiting the number of X type of dragon you can get per scroll is enough.

I might be swayed to support limits for dragons available whole year round though, but I'd have to be a very good argument.

But it's been suggested that Holidays should be available for a few days during their breeding period and Prizes during the month of January and while I support this as it makes sense, I don't approve placing limits on these types of dragons, because I believe it would lead to nothing but trouble - if if there are, lets say, 200 Bronze Shimmers available during January 20XX, there will always be a larger amount of interested people bidding for it and the fastest ones will get their desired dragons. Again we get a system based on luck. Luck, that they logged in at the right time and the traded happened to appear at that point. This is pretty similar to a raffle, only worse, because being a winner in a raffle doesn't require a player to spend xxx amount of time collecting points in hopes of getting a CB Marrow or a CB Silver Tinsel. That same unlucky player will then have to wait a whole year and then compete against a new pool of people wanting that same dragon - and this amount of people won't be getting any smaller as there are always new players joining DC and will also be working hard to fulfill their goals, so the chances of failing to get the dragon they want is still high... So the shop won't be empty and there would be other dragons available such as CB Commons/Uncommons, but in this blackest scenario that dedicated player still won't be able to get their Holiday/Prize they desire and they worked for so hard to get.

I though the idea behind the shop was to reward dedication - earn enough points and collect your reward, not create another competitive biome, where the fastest/luckiest players win the lottery and the rest are left empty handed... we get enough of that when hunting in the Cave. rolleyes.gif In the end, we'd again be left with a group of saddened/disappointed/angry players - like after each raffle. tongue.gif

Heh, I hope I'm not over-complicating things and I hope I wasn't rude, that certainly isn't my intent, I'm just trying to explain why placing limits on the number of dragons a trader has bothers me so. :3

Edited, because I can't spell. tongue.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

I wasn't suggesting that it be limited to 200 gold shimmers, but that if there are that many people trying to buy them the suggestion currently stands that all of them would get them, as long as they meet the other conditions (limits of how many one person can buy overall or per year)

The only one I think might need to be limited overall is HM types like hybrids, due to TJ wanting those not to be widely available this way. Hybrids and bred alts and the like have a mechanic that we don't want to subvert by making these too available in the store.

A mini-raffle type thing might be one way to handle keeping the number of cb alts, hybrids and color morphs limited to no more than say... 50 or so a year overall. Entry into it would be a "trade" by the trader. Give him X for a raffle ticket. Maybe give him X to enter the raffle for a cb alt black, Y for an entry for a cb hellhorse... separate raffles for separate eggs.

Oh sorry Fiona, I guess I misunderstood - I thought it was suggested that there's be limit for dragons like Holidays too, who'll already be limited by their price and the short in-store period. I know you weren't suggesting a specific number for how many Shimmers a trader should have per year :3, I wasn't either, just used 200 for discussions's sake, but I hope I managed to explain why I think placing limits on dragons who are already limited by the short time of their release could create a potential problem. If this idea is accepted and implemented I'll definitely be saving for CB Holidays I missed and would be very sad if the trader ran out of eggs and would have to compete for it next year. As long as everyone who have fulfilled the necessary conditions can get their dragons when they become available in the shop, I'm happy. smile.gif

I'm not sure about HM prizes, I'd much prefect the conditions to be able to get them be stricter so they don't become too common - like a high price, high enough to make a player think and plan ahead and choose which rare dragon are their priority for this year and also limiting their number on the scrolls, maybe some other conditions to make it more challenging... maybe something along the line of buying a rare dragon from a trader XX times or making XX purchases of any type of dragons, which would make you a trusted and loyal customer and he'd then show you his special 'stash' of eggs xd.png... But if a raffle was the only way to make these dragons more available, I guess I'd support this. cool.gif

Moving on from the limits discussion - how long would the trader stay on a scroll? I like the idea of at least 24 hrs, so people from all time zones would be able to visit him. Also how often would he turn up - once per week/14 days/month? And will the day be fixed? For example, a trader visits every Monday, stays for 24 hrs and comes back in 7-14 days. Having a fixed day would mean people could prepare and leave their eggslots open for trader eggs, but would lose the unpredictability factor.

While I do like the Trader idea in some respects, in others, I can see a potential for issues inherent to the concept making this less of a fun reward and more of a stressor.

What comes to mind is that the trader comes up during a period where some of your most wanted dragons are actually available, he actually HAS something you've wanted for years and you have 24 hours or whatever to come up with perhaps even just 2 fairly common eggs and a hatchy to get a dragon you really, really want.

It's the Holiday breeding scramble in any of the 3 Holiday breeding seasons - you're almost locked with Holiday eggs.

Let's say that you have a couple of eggs you've bred which are posted for blood-swaps you need in order to continue lineages which take years to complete, you've managed to snag a couple of gorgeous Holiday eggs - perhaps 2nd-gen Holiday Shimmer-kin or short-gen Hollies - in any event, eggs which you'd rather die than part with and may actually have mates for a lovely pairing the next year with perhaps year-round breeding for pretties, AND you've made a couple of other lucky AP catches you'd been hoping for, perfect for other, perhaps rather unusual and hard to come by, Holiday lineages you've begun, which again may be taking years to complete.

You have a bunch more Holidays to breed, some to gift and some to (hopefully) blood-swap, and are hoping to catch more Holiday lineages of whatever type(s) you're working on as soon as room is available, since this is the only brief period you have to do this in.

Which eggs do you drop - setting yourself back another year in these lineages, and perhaps undergoing this every year thereafter if the trader shows during that period with something you really want - to *try* to get the dragons you need within that 24-hour period in order to trade for a greatly desired CB Holiday or whatever, also only available at that moment in time and maybe not for years afterward?

Even if you get the right eggs in time for the trade, can you get that specific hatchy in time to complete it, or have you just tossed a year's lineage advancement away for nothing?

This situation - and stress - doesn't arise with the store earned-point idea, where only the egg space for a desired egg must be clear, and therefore enables a higher chance of more people actually finding this useful, rather than an additional stress/disappointment, and one for which they may also not have time...

A mini-raffle type thing might be one way to handle keeping the number of cb alts, hybrids and color morphs limited to no more than say... 50 or so a year overall. Entry into it would be a "trade" by the trader. Give him X for a raffle ticket. Maybe give him X to enter the raffle for a cb alt black, Y for an entry for a cb hellhorse... separate raffles for separate eggs.

Please not any other kind of raffle even of any kind, please smile.gif

Moving on from the limits discussion - how long would the trader stay on a scroll? I like the idea of at least 24 hrs, so people from all time zones would be able to visit him. Also how often would he turn up - once per week/14 days/month? And will the day be fixed? For example, a trader visits every Monday, stays for 24 hrs and comes back in 7-14 days. Having a fixed day would mean people could prepare and leave their eggslots open for trader eggs, but would lose the unpredictability factor.

I think that 48 hours should be the minimum. But I do like that he visits on a fixed day or days every week to two weeks. I wouldn't mind that the trader had a certain stock for the whole week that he is there and then it changes the following visit so that people can prepare for the visit.

Syphoniera, I hadn't thought of those concerns, but they are very valid. And I admit I still prefer the store a little more to the trading aspect. I think if the trader is used, he should be available for the whole length of the holiday breeding seasons.

My impression from what Thuban posted, and my preference, would be that the trader is there for a week maybe once a month. If he's there for a whole week most people would have time to figure out how to get what he's asking for what they want.

The simple solution for the dilemma Symphoneira posted is that during holiday weeks he not have prizes or HM dragons available. Those are specialized weeks and he'd naturally specialize in those eggs. He could still have a nice selection of more common eggs to choose from, in case people want to trade for one of those.

Fuzz, I don't really want another raffle either, but I'd rather have a raffle than no cb hybrids at all. (I really really want a cb hellhorse.)

This idea is probably very stupid. But who knows. What I thought is that maybe we can merge the store and the trader ideas.

First of all, it is a store, you go and see many things there. But, it is also a "scroll", they have many dragons there, which they breed and trade the offsprings for other eggs (just like the trader suggestion), these eggs will grow to be new dragons of the store, that will be bred to continue trading offspring and expanding the store. Since you dont really know the parents of the offspring (and neither does the owners of the store, since the dragons breed "freely"), it can be labeled as CB. You can also donate dragons, hatchlings or eggs to the shop (any breed, with just a few exceptions), to help expand the shop.

Now, the mechanic more in depth is: They have 1 pairing of every breed at first, they are "bred" and the offsprings are offered in the store, depending on rarity and the necessity of the shop, they will ask for certain breeds for certain offsprings (if they are very balanced in quantity of breeds, they will ask for something random of more or less equal value), for example, they offer a gold egg, and they need 6 to 7 specific common breeds, or 1 to 2 specific rare breeds, or 3 to 5 specific uncommon breeds, so they will ask for any weird combination of those specific breeds they need, taking in account the ones they need the most; or they offer a blacktip egg, and since they dont need anything specifically they will ask for 1 to 2 random common breeds. The eggs you give will be part of the shop, and when they grow up they will be used to breed. The breeding mechanic will be the same as normal, a pair of dragons is bred, they wait a week before breeding again, they can refuse (in which case the shop search for other mates randomly), lay an egg or simply dont have a succesful breeding (no eggs is produced or something similar); also, the dragons will only be bred just as long as the shop isnt "full". Finally, if you want, you can donate a dragon to the store (in any stage, from egg to adult), with just some exceptions: the GoN (for which they have the 3 max of every scroll, or dont have any at all), any unbreedable breed -except vamps- (zombies, ND, paper, cheese, etc.), dinos and chickens, and the retired breeds (up to discussion).

The store can offer a maximum of 100 eggs at any given time, and the eggs that sit in the store for 7 days straight will hatch and become part of the store (which means, they are no longer being offered). When you get an egg from the store it will have the typical 7 days for growing, it doesnt matter if you got it right when it appeared on the store, or if it only needed 7 minutes before hatching and becoming part of the store. During holidays, the breeds of that holiday will have priority when breeding; the vamps on the shop will only reproduce on halloween breeding season, biting random eggs in the store, making "pure" CB vampires. Finally, every time new breeds are released, the store will always have a pair of each growing up.

The restrictions can be more or less like the mentioned before:

*You can only trade one prize per year

*You can only trade a max of 2 (or 1) per prize.

*You cant trade more than 3 holidays per year, in any combination (i.e. 2 christmas and 1 valentine, or 3 halloween, or 1 of each holiday).

*You cant trade more than 2 (or 1) rares per year.

*You cant trade more than 1 alts/hybrids per year.

This are the restriction I could come up with.

Pros:

+Can help balance the ratios or at least doesnt mess up with them; since technically it will be a "player", so the dragons of the store, will be a "players" dragons.

+It keeps the monetary system of DC.

+A lot of eggs available, most of the time.

+The dragons with messy lineages can be given to the store and will make CB eggs.

+The eggs will be there for a whole week (7 days), or until someone gets them.

Cons:

-The eggs are "actual" eggs, which means, the first to get the egg is the only one to keep it. Also means that if they are offering 2 of a certain breed, they are only offering those 2 of that breed until they breed another egg of that breed.

-Can become empty at any moment if too many users get the eggs and there are no dragons available for breeding. Specially at the beginning of the shop, since there will be a very limited quantity of dragons of each breed; of course, this problem will solve itself as time passes since the shop will be getting more and more breeds and because of the new releases every month.

-Just as much as it can help ratios, it can harm them.

-You may have to wait a bit before getting the breed you want, specially if there are few of that breed in the store.

You may have to wait a bit before getting the breed you want, specially if there are few of that breed in the store.

This, once again, is a luck-based system because you only have a chance at it if you're there at exactly the right moment and have exactly what's being asked for. Which makes it just another raffle. This idea would only work out for common eggs, and maybe holidays in-season. Heck, I'd probably donate all kinds of messy-lineaged dragons to that trader!

But rares are always in high demand and low supply, which makes getting them from a shop with this system rather pointless. It's just too much luck and too little else that matters.