Thuban

Trader's Canyon

I've mentioned multiple times that older holidays would HAVE to be more expensive.

If a holiday from two years ago is available and costs like 2000 points, then once from the previous year should be another 700-1000 points. Each year you go back makes it more expensive. That is more than enough of a limit.

Hey guys? There was a suggestion a few posts back, for those of you who keep insisting you hate this idea, and the idea of using point values... I have more information for it, but I've been waiting to see how you guys feel about that as an option rather than the store and points nonsense.

Risking a double post poke here, but to avoid the giant wall of text leading to this thought being ignored, im gonna risk it.

The "store" and "currency" options of wording are still tripping people up after all this time. A trading station has been mentioned multiple times though. Would a Wandering Trader make you guys happy?

It wouldnt be available all the time, to every user but should rotate frequently enough that everyone gets a chance at least once a month (perhaps a quarter of the population has access at any given time.. or everyone can have access at once, but it might make things a little funky in the trading arena)

Instead of currency or points.. lets stick to the economy we ALREADY HAVE.

Lets say the trader has 20 eggs to choose from.

15 commons (varies)

3 uncommon

1 "rare"

1 prize equivalent rare IF current ratios will allow them to happen (holiday, prize, retired if allowed, HMs if bossman can be convinced to allow it)

Some weeks may have different numbers of things than others, and it might not always be what you are hoping to get. How do you get them?

The trader will TELL you. "If you bring me an egg of this species and an egg of that one, you can have this." "I'm in need of a red hatchling, would you happen to have one?" "I actually need a caveborn seasonal, do you have one?"

People forget, we treat our dragons themselves as currency. Would you guys be more willing to trade in various types of dragon combinations, in order to get those eggs, than you are with dealing with point specific currency?

They would still STAY untradable, as has already been established. The limit is purely "can you breed this, or catch it for me before I leave town in x days?"

I personally think this would be pretty cool. happy.gif It'd be a fun little thing to check up on every week, and possibly give me a goal to work on for that week.

Risking a double post poke here, but to avoid the giant wall of text leading to this thought being ignored, im gonna risk it.

The "store" and "currency" options of wording are still tripping people up after all this time. A trading station has been mentioned multiple times though. Would a Wandering Trader make you guys happy?

It wouldnt be available all the time, to every user but should rotate frequently enough that everyone gets a chance at least once a month (perhaps a quarter of the population has access at any given time.. or everyone can have access at once, but it might make things a little funky in the trading arena)

15 commons (varies)

3 uncommon

1 "rare"

1 prize equivalent rare IF current ratios will allow them to happen (holiday, prize, retired if allowed, HMs if bossman can be convinced to allow it)

Some weeks may have different numbers of things than others, and it might not always be what you are hoping to get. How do you get them?

The trader will TELL you. "If you bring me an egg of this species and an egg of that one, you can have this." "I'm in need of a red hatchling, would you happen to have one?" "I actually need a caveborn seasonal, do you have one?"

People forget, we treat our dragons themselves as currency. Would you guys be more willing to trade in various types of dragon combinations, in order to get those eggs, than you are with dealing with point specific currency?

They would still STAY untradable, as has already been established. The limit is purely "can you breed this, or catch it for me before I leave town in x days?"

Interesting proposal. I don't know if rares would take more difficult to obtain things. Would the same deals be available to everyone who can access the trader at that time? Would everyone at that time be able to trade for, say, a cb silver tinsel? Or would there be a limited number of those each time the trader shows up. (be the first X number to have the requirement to get the prize)

Interesting proposal. I don't know if rares would take more difficult to obtain things. Would the same deals be available to everyone who can access the trader at that time? Would everyone at that time be able to trade for, say, a cb silver tinsel? Or would there be a limited number of those each time the trader shows up. (be the first X number to have the requirement to get the prize)

Thats something you guys get to have fun working out. Personally, I am of the opinion that the trader should show different groups of people different things, but those items would be there for all of them.

I think it could easily be bound to being just like current trading, but without that cap of 4 things in a tele, as (sorry all you anti-RP folks) you would be standing right in front of him, and not relying on magis.

I think its perfectly fair to create a RNG system where the trader will simply randomly decide they need things. It could be fully possible they might ask a gold egg for a common egg, or a whole mess of commons for a rare. Prizes, im sure TJ would put a little elbow grease into to make them a bit mroe difficult, but not something unreachable (perhaps a set of trio hatchys, or 2 red eggs, a purple egg, a vine hatchy and a blue water hatchy)

This is really no different than how trading already is, except that I am not expecting to have limits such as "I need a gold egg from a red dragon for this Silver". I dont necessarily want gens and such playing a part.. this trader will be happy with whatever it gets, as long as the breeds it asks for are in the trade.

I still want limits on how many prizes a person can get. This trader would not always have prizes on them (so tj can control ratios and numbers). I still want these eggs to be untradable. Holiday dragons from previous years could still play a part. Its just that this way, we are using a system that is already in place in order to accomplish the same initial goal.

If you want to have some real fun, instead of these eggs saying "cave" they could say "Trader" but still act as though they are "cave" eggs tongue.gif

^^^^^ Thisthisthisthisthis. I don't think non-holidays/non-prizes in any shop would benefit the game in any way--it would simply transform it into something extremely different from how it has always been and forever change gameplay. The free market setup would be gone as well, as things would have official values, rather than what the players personally value things at.

THIS. This is my hugest thing against this whole idea, and why I would like it restricted to holidays (in season - I would MUCH prefer that. A Snow Angel in June is just - wrong) and prizes (but without complicated restrictions on which holiday when).

And yes - locked to your scroll, absolutely.

Edited by fuzzbucket

15 commons (varies)

3 uncommon

1 "rare"

That's a much better idea than currency in many respects, and I rather like the idea of the eggs being labelled as 'Trader' eggs, but if I may present them, I have some questions/concerns about some potential drawbacks, as well.

Would you be able to send the eggs/hatchies off to the trader right at the time you got them, each perhaps at different times in the case of multiples until the trade was fulfilled, or would you have to keep a constant supply of whatever was desired in trade on hand for whenever or for some specific time he'd check back?

And would the accessibility of past Holidays or other dragons be limited to their breeding season/specific time of year?

Apart from anything else, anything around any Holiday season is the only chance to breed, swap and AP-catch Holiday lineages that year and people will generally be preferentially pretty much locked with lineaged Holidays they have only a week to collect, with the need to save room for the CB Holiday Release at the end of it, placing egg/hatchy space at a premium and making it a bad time to be trying to collect possibly multiple eggs/hatchies for trade.

So even if people had a chance to trade for past Holidays or whatever, but *only* during that breeding period, the space and time required for hunting/trading for trade fodder, especially if held for any period or needing to be hatched, would likely set back lineage-building potential in some area by another year, every time, every year.

Not to mention that it might be more difficult than usual coming up with specific dragons at such times, with biomes probably not much moving and practically everyone on the AP snatching at Holidays and low-time other eggs...

Another point, a lot of other players, like myself, are lucky enough to not have missed out on any Holiday CBs, apart from the Hollies.

In my case, the only things I'd be interested in that I could think of offhand would be Hollies, several of the Prize colours/types, Marrows, Pumpkins and a couple of the different types of CB hybrid.

Would these still only be produced during their Holiday Season with the Wandering Trader idea, and if so, what are the odds of anyone actually being offered a chance in that limited time period on anything they particularly want?

If the Trader didn't show in that period or (with limitations not yet determined) if the member had decided to sacrifice any chance the Trader showed up to give them on any Halloween dragons they might actually really want and were offered because they'd rather get a specific Prize or a Holly that first year, and therefore missed any chance at a Holly or Prize simply because a Trader failed to show up in THAT limited time where those sprites were available, or did but didn't offer anything they wanted, they'd have wasted another year, and this could happen repeatedly for years.

I know it's hard trying to work out a practical plan when we have no idea even what dragons might be allowed or, indeed, if any will at all, but there's a lot of potential for unforeseen/unconsidered consequence to turn a nice idea into a unfortunate situation...

I'd personally still prefer our accumulating and using mana (rather than points/currency or even trading) to magically conjure up dragon eggs whenever the appropriate level of mana power was reached for a number of reasons already discussed, (and which I'm too tired and groggy to repeat here unless necessary,) which include simplicity and the avoidance of the 'rewarded' people being repeatedly left out/limited to some of the most frantic egg-collecting/dragon-raising times, thereby creating problems rather than simply adding to a positive site experience.

And I would really rather be encouraging people to put in time here, and ideally somehow encouraging fansite Viewing along with it, because the system is failing - even during this Release having low U Views with the attendant requirement of higher Views and typical results of slower cracking/holing/hatching/gendering and grow-up times.

I don't think non-holidays/non-prizes in any shop would benefit the game in any way--it would simply transform it into something extremely different from how it has always been and forever change gameplay. The free market setup would be gone as well, as things would have official values, rather than what the players personally value things at.
As someone who's still trying to get their wish set of 4 CB of each breed after 5.5 years of playing, I *respectfully* disagree with that statement. I'd probably go for another 2 CB golds and 1 CB silver and 2 B green coppers (caught mine during the initial release) before going for extra holidays or prizes - even if it does take years. I'd definitely not want to trade any of those, either.

I'm also not a fan of trading existing eggs for something from a trader. Imagine the heartache it might cause for people who breed pretty things for the AP, especially if the requested breeds are holidays.

Regarding blockers, they might work out well if they could be bought as ER hatchies, especially if they're gendered in the case of pinks. Someone or other just might need an incubate/influence at once.

Edited by olympe

And I would really rather be encouraging people to put in time here, and ideally somehow encouraging fansite Viewing along with it, because the system is failing - even during this Release having low U Views with the attendant requirement of higher Views and typical results of slower cracking/holing/hatching/gendering and grow-up times.

As I've said before - there is no way TJ can monitor activity on external sites - nor should we even ask him to try.

I take your point, but I fear it is a non-starter.

Well, TJ could make his own hatchery where views, unique views and clicks are monitored.

Well, TJ could make his own hatchery where views, unique views and clicks are monitored.

Indeed - but unless everyone used it (server strain ?) it might not do enough.

Olympe: no, it can not/will not offer hatchlings... That would open a completely different set of worms that i'm not even willing to try to figure out a thing for.

In regards to whatever people would be trading in to the trader: once the eggs leave your scroll, they are no longer your eggs. No, I dont imagine that the trader will have this huge scroll where its gonna raise all of the things, but perhaps it could be given an admin like scroll where the eggs are there, but after x time, the trader "trades" things back to the userbase by dropping things to the AP. Honestly, I wouldnt care if they just got delete. My examples (and follow up statements) mention that I would rather avoid the trader asking for specific lineages, instead to only look for specific breeds. It does not matter to ME what happens to the eggs after they leave my scroll. Pickier people who actually care about that, would likely just breed messy lines instead, so they dont have to worry about that.

Thats purely to allow people the ability to put those breeds that dont get bred due to being messy line to work. Its to stimulate trading a bit (because other people would be looking for things as well, and quick swaps with no lineage requirements are easy and fast).

Would you be able to send the eggs/hatchies off to the trader right at the time you got them, each perhaps at different times in the case of multiples until the trade was fulfilled, or would you have to keep a constant supply of whatever was desired in trade on hand for whenever or for some specific time he'd check back?

And would the accessibility of past Holidays or other dragons be limited to their breeding season/specific time of year?

While the trader is there, it will mention what it wants for each egg. That request stays in place until the trader leaves. I would treat it like we did the cooking event: The dragons stays in your inventory (your scroll) until you click Traders "trade now" button, at which point you can pick which ones to give them. So yea, you will be giving up scroll space for this.

Again with the holiday thing, as always in this variation, they would be available during the full two week breeding window (for everyone) and possibly one week longer (since some stragglers do exist as eggs for at least a week after the holidays). You just give him what he asks for (and im sure older ones will be more difficult, as in asking for combinations of eggs and hatchlings). Out of season holidays will NOT be suggested in any of my attempts at finding middleground.. NOPE.

I hate the idea of magically summoned eggs. Outside of GoN's.. its just not a thing, and I would far rather "pay" or "trade" than add magically produced out of nowhere eggs to this game. If it happens that way it happens, but I personally am just not a fan.

I have been trying to find compromises left and right for this idea. It seems that some users are here only to nitpick, and others are here to actually try to find a way.

"I hate this idea, i dont want to "buy" dragons" ... ok lets trade for them.

"i dont like set prices, that changes economy" ... ok lets add an rng and treat this npc like a user. Trading works like this already...

"I dont think x breed should play a part" .. ok fine. What breeds should be allowed? It is completely illogical that some trader would be walking around with nothing BUT rares in large quantities. That would be like a market place only selling fancy jewelry, in a location that is in desperate need of livestock

"but holidays should be rare" and they would be. There is nothing saying that this trader wouldnt ask for 5 different types of things for one egg. There is nothing saying it wouldnt ask a rare. It IS something that will require some planning and discussion, but right now, it absolutely does NOT matter. Just knowing that what types of trades that the Trader would ask for would be more complicated to achieve, is enough for now to get the point across.

My suggestions are always nothing more than a discussion point, a starting point. The way I want to see mechanics work wont matter, purely because my long posts tend to be ignored, and the basic information thrown out in favor of more restrictions. Simple suggestions are far better, less things to nitpick on. Suggesting a trader, removes having to add any lore, it removes the need for having to set restrictions (because asking for various combinations specifically for things is a wonderful challenge. Ever do a trade with someone who wants everything traded to them to be a different sprite? It gets rough!)

Edited by Thuban

I actually like both ideas, and I don't think they are mutually exclusive:

- a travelling trader with special offers (or whatever they try to sell you as a special offer anyway xd.png and nowadays even commons count as "special" when they have the "cave" biome) where you trade your eggs/hatchlings for theirs, but the trader shows up only rarely and you never know what they will offer

- a store with a mostly static inventory plus a few seasonal offers (not meaning seasonal dragons) which you can earn via playing minigames

Depending on how you prefer to play, you could go for either the store and save up your units of currency for it, or wait for the travelling trader and hope for interesting offers/tasks/whatever they bring. Of course, the downside of this would be TJ having to do twice as much programming xd.png

Olympe: no, it can not/will not offer hatchlings... That would open a completely different set of worms that i'm not even willing to try to figure out a thing for.

In regards to whatever people would be trading in to the trader: once the eggs leave your scroll, they are no longer your eggs. No, I dont imagine that the trader will have this huge scroll where its gonna raise all of the things, but perhaps it could be given an admin like scroll where the eggs are there, but after x time, the trader "trades" things back to the userbase by dropping things to the AP.  Honestly, I wouldnt care if they just got delete. My examples (and follow up statements) mention that I would rather avoid the trader asking for specific lineages, instead to only look for specific breeds. It does not matter to ME what happens to the eggs after they leave my scroll. Pickier people who actually care about that, would likely just breed messy lines instead, so they dont have to worry about that.

Thats purely to allow people the ability to put those breeds that dont get bred due to being messy line to work.  Its to stimulate trading a bit (because other people would be looking for things as well, and quick swaps with no lineage requirements are easy and fast).

While the trader is there, it will mention what it wants for each egg. That request stays in place until the trader leaves. I would treat it like we did the cooking event: The dragons stays in your inventory (your scroll) until you click Traders "trade now" button, at which point you can pick which ones to give them. So yea, you will be giving up scroll space for this.

Again with the holiday thing, as always in this variation, they would be available during the full two week breeding window (for everyone) and possibly one week longer (since some stragglers do exist as eggs for at least a week after the holidays). You just give him what he asks for (and im sure older ones will be more difficult, as in asking for combinations of eggs and hatchlings). Out of season holidays will NOT be suggested in any of my attempts at finding middleground.. NOPE.

I hate the idea of magically summoned eggs. Outside of GoN's.. its just not a thing, and I would far rather "pay" or "trade" than add magically produced out of nowhere eggs to this game. If it happens that way it happens, but I personally am just not a fan.

I have been trying to find compromises left and right for this idea. It seems that some users are here only to nitpick, and others are here to actually try to find a way.

"I hate this idea, i dont want to "buy" dragons" ... ok lets trade for them.

"i dont like set prices, that changes economy" ... ok lets add an rng and treat this npc like a user. Trading works like this already...

"I dont think x breed should play a part" .. ok fine. What breeds should be allowed? It is completely illogical that some trader would be walking around with nothing BUT rares in large quantities. That would be like a market place only selling fancy jewelry, in a location that is in desperate need of livestock

"but holidays should be rare" and they would be. There is nothing saying that this trader wouldnt ask for 5 different types of things for one egg. There is nothing saying it wouldnt ask a rare. It IS something that will require some planning and discussion, but right now, it absolutely does NOT matter. Just knowing that what types of trades that the Trader would ask for would be more complicated to achieve, is enough for now to get the point across.

My suggestions are always nothing more than a discussion point, a starting point. The way I want to see mechanics work wont matter, purely because my long posts tend to be ignored, and the basic information thrown out in favor of more restrictions. Simple suggestions are far better, less things to nitpick on. Suggesting a trader, removes having to add any lore, it removes the need for having to set restrictions (because asking for various combinations specifically for things is a wonderful challenge. Ever do a trade with someone who wants everything traded to them to be a different sprite? It gets rough!)

The thing with compromises is that you can't make everyone happy. And, if all things people bring up against a "shop" (or whatever) are considered and affect the "compromise", all we'll get is a hollow shell of a "shop". Some people don't want holidays, TJ doesn't want CB hybrids/alts(?), some people don't want prizes, many don't want rares, others don't want commons, and the next doesn't want to see uncommons in the shop. Which would leave us with what, exactly?

Some people want points, others prefer mana (same difference). Some want their points/mana to be acquired by logging in, others by minigames, the third group for viewing/clicking, another for raising dragons. Of course, there are also groups that are against either of these suggestions. Some people ask for trophy-based ability to choose a "special" dragon from a store, you prefer trading other dragons for CB store dragons.

Edited by olympe

Yes, im aware that I cant make everyone happy. I can however make people equally unhappy, if I dont get bored first.

I prefer sticking to basic framework on my ideas because then it leaves room for YOU guys to work things out. If I was someone just joining this thread, and looking through information on just the past few pages, I know I would be concerned about "not everyone gets access at once" and "is this a limited pool of things to trade for?"

We could have the trader show up for everyone, two weeks at a time, and just have the prizes be severely limited to "who gets them first" with a limit of ONE per user. Flagging them as Trader eggs rather than "Cave" would allow a script to scan to see if a user has one, and then make it unavailable to specific users (on account of having that variation) However, this would force the trader to have to show up for event windows with nothing more than whatever holiday eggs it has to have (still thinking nothing newer than 2 or 3 years ago).

We could have Trader be available ALL the time, with limited pools of whats available and have it refill randomly (not a fan, but it could be done)

We could have the trader change locations every x days, based on what color Cheers people have (however, new players that havent gotten them could figure out their cheer colors that way... so probably not good)

We could do something like the event messages on random scrolls (based on some rng that tj could hopefully figure out) that simply states "A wandering trader has come to your area, would you like to see what they have to offer?"

There is LOTS of wiggle room here. If the Trader route is how we decide to go from here, the only thing I personally will insist on, is a timer that shows EXACTLY how long until they will leave, if they are going to leave.

ATTENTION!

Before I try to flesh this out more thoroughly though, I have questions for YOU ALL.

What eggs do you want to see made available? (why?)

What eggs SHOULDN'T be available? (why?)

Are there changes that you would like to see before considering if "Trader" is better than "shop"?

Would making a point to make sure that rares are definitely harder to obtain (as in combinations of multiple breeds and stages in the RNG pool) help convince those of you who don't want them "easy"?

(What are color cheers? Or cheer colors? I admit, I didn't read all 43 pages due to lack of attention spanners ...)

What eggs I would like: All of them, although not necessarily all at once (due to specialness, holidays, RNG, ratios yadda yadda, also, because having *all* of them at once might be somewhat overwhelming).

What eggs I don't want in there: shop-/trader-exclusive things, because that would force people into the shop/trader's booth.

(no opinion on the rest)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

(What are color cheers? Or cheer colors? I admit, I didn't read all 43 pages due to lack of attention spanners ...)

Uh.. Snow Angels. Cheer eggs, the goat looking ones with the feathered wings and three colors of wings tongue.gif

BWhat eggs do you want to see made available?

All of them, with the note that breeds should only be available when you would ordinarily be able to get them.

What eggs SHOULDN'T be available?

I'm personally of the opinion that everything should be available, but TJ has indicated that he doesn't want CB Hybrids/breed-only alts soooo...

Are there changes that you would like to see before considering if "Trader" is better than "shop"?

I don't like the trader idea over the shop idea outside of pure flavor.

Would making a point to make sure that rares are definitely harder to obtain (as in combinations of multiple breeds and stages in the RNG pool) help convince those of you who don't want them "easy"?

Just making them very, very expensive should suffice. If you feel that they should still be harder to get, making them exclusive to a small daily drawing akin to the lottery in the Pokemon games where you could get anything (including ultra-commons) and/or nothing should suffice. Holidays, I feel, are available for a short enough time that higher prices would suffice as far as rarity goes.

Note that the drawing would not be competitive in this idea and would be pure chance; your status does not affect other player's status.

Ah thanks! Well, I suspect their color is somewhat calculated by scroll ID, so trader appearance could indeed just follow the same formula.

@Guillotine: I don't think Thuban was asking you what you believe TJ thinks (and even TJ can change his mind), but rather what YOU yourself think wink.gif Personally, I'm somewhat tired of re-reading that age-old quote (and a mis-quote even, as he hadn't ruled it out completely as many here seem to think he did)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

What eggs I would like: All of them, although not necessarily all at once (due to specialness, holidays, RNG, ratios yadda yadda, also, because having *all* of them at once might be somewhat overwhelming).

What eggs I don't want in there: shop-/trader-exclusive things, because that would force people into the shop/trader's booth.

(no opinion on the rest)

Pretty much this, yes.

I'd like to see all regular dragons available, but have limits imposed like this:

• Holiday dragons: Only available during their respective holidays - and probably only 1 per holiday season. But without limits on which egg you can obtain save the already existing scroll limit.
  • Prizes and CB metals: With limited availability. Maye prizes only during the month of January, and you have to pay a lot for them. Other CB metals only once a year, probably for a whole month. But also only once a year per kind - maximum. So, once you bought that one CB prize in January, you cannot buy another until the next year - even if you could pay for several. Maybe put prizes and rares in the same month so people really have to choose what they take.
  • Uncommons: Available more often than rares, but once again, only one per period of availability. Maybe one period every 6 months where you could get one trio of your choice, another one where you could have 1 dino of your choice, another one where you could have either blusang, pyralspite or xxx. Once again, you're forced to choose, and choose carefully.
  • Commons: Why not? Especially those with a BSA will be in demand, maybe also those which are needed to create hybrids. Or someone who hoards one kind of common will try to hoard even more. Either way, this will only help with ratios. Maybe commons could be in their very own booth so as to not overwhelm people with everything?
  • Other stuff: I could also imagine other stuff to be available, like incubate/influence in a bottle, a rod of teleportation (1 charge), medical salve (to cure soft-shell) or medical herbs (to cure sickness), orbs of protection (to protect one egg/hatchie against view-bombing) or even frozen eggs (holiday eggs only during their season). Or an alt potion that you give your dragons so their next egg (of the same kind) will be an alt/rarer color morph (for blacks/vines/undines/ridgewings/dorsals) - this could be either a general item or breed-specific. A magical red-green or blue-purple salve for use on nebula eggs (to "influence" them towards regular or alt). A potion that will help with breeding hybrids or prevent them.
I don't want to see are bright pink eggs (unless TJ changes his mind about them), GoN eggs, neglected eggs, zombies. GoNs, neglecteds and zombies are only available through special means, which shouldn't be changed IMHO. Edited by olympe

@Guillotine: I don't think Thuban was asking you what you believe TJ thinks (and even TJ can change his mind), but rather what YOU yourself think wink.gif Personally, I'm somewhat tired of re-reading that age-old quote (and a mis-quote even, as he hadn't ruled it out completely as many here seem to think he did)

I also noted what I think, though! :v I dislike the idea of exceptions to the possibility of obtainment, although i understand the desire to maintain ratios/rarity, which is why I also suggested the lottery thing.

There is LOTS of wiggle room here. If the Trader route is how we decide to go from here, the only thing I personally will insist on, is a timer that shows EXACTLY how long until they will leave, if they are going to leave.

I don't care if it's a trader or a "shop". They have the same effect.

ATTENTION!

Before I try to flesh this out more thoroughly though, I have questions for YOU ALL.

Past holidays and prizes, CB hybrids (I know TJ isn't happy about that) and if he'd allow them, CB coloured stripes. And if they aren't back soon and Lyth is OK with it, frills.

In other words - eggs not available elsewhere.

Basically - eggs that can be got in the biomes. Because I don't like what that would do to ratios. Or to "trade values".

I don't see them as that different in effect so I don't care.

I don't really want them there at all - so n/a.

... What eggs I would like: All of them, although not necessarily all at once (due to specialness, holidays, RNG, ratios yadda yadda, also, because having *all* of them at once might be somewhat overwhelming).

What eggs I don't want in there: shop-/trader-exclusive things, because that would force people into the shop/trader's booth. ...

Pretty much what she said, lol.

And I honestly think that there are more than enough limitations set by times/points or whatever accumulations as it stands, at least as far as the store points/whatever go.

Not everyone's going to get or even want the same dragon(s) in any given year so it's spread out a lot among the population.

It may even work out that many people get nothing most years, since there probably won't be many of whatever any particular person might want of what's available at any given time and, it sounds like, for only a brief period.

But while I like the trader idea in some respects, due to scroll constraints I actually think I'd prefer using points or whatever in a store to having to miss out on collecting Holiday breds in season in order to collect dragons for trading, especially if it's possible that the sprite you're collecting for might 'run out' in the meantime.

So, yeah, I think from a practical viewpoint, the store idea would work better, on my view.

The Trader is a bit different than shop. You would only be able to choose from whatever items he currently has on him at the time. The inventory would very likely rotate. Lets give him 20 potential egg types for each time he shows up.

x common

x uncommon

x rare

x prize types

Each time, (hopefully) it would show up with varying numbers of each type, decided by whatever mechanics go into the RNG for it. Some visits could have more commons than other, others more rares, but it would balance itself out, just like the cave does.

Week 1

16 common

2 uncommon

2 rare

0 prize

Week 2

10 common

5 uncommon

3 rare

2 Prize

Week 3

11 common

9 uncommon

0 rare

0 prize

It could also be possible that somedays, he just doesnt have a full inventory. He might only have ten types (because the same individual type was rolled multiple times, and only counts once)

We dont know actual rarities of things, we guess based on what we see. These eggs would show up in random orders, so people wont /really/ be able to narrow things down rarity wise. Using the rng to generate what he asks for in return, also helps mask the real worth of things (true rarity) wise. Yes, some guidelines would need to be worked on within the rng mechinism itself to make trades appropriately difficult at least.

As for "other stuff": Um... Can we avoid suggesting adding items to this thing? Items would be cool and all, but that is asking for a far larger amount of work than what im already trying to suggest.

ATTENTION!

To answer:

-Everything should be available.

-I think there should be a limit on how much is available, particularly with commons if their location is changed to "trader" or "cave" or something of the sort because the user didn't get it from the biome. We still need biomes to move.

-I'd like for any eggs that go to the trader in exchange for CBs to automatically go to the AP at the end of the day. This way, someone else can pick them up if they want them.

-No comment on the last one.