Thuban

Trader's Canyon

The great part is that this isn't real life. It's a game, so things can be changed where you won't have to have been here to get CB holidays when they were first out, and you won't have to have truckloads of luck to get a CB prize. I completely understand that's life, but this is a game.

Maybe it is (though seeing some of the no fair want the past resurrected and so on posts you can't help wondering !) - but I would vehemently oppose CB holidays being in there - even though I would love to GET some.

On a different note, I actually very much like PieMaster's idea of the shop only being open at certain times of the year, as well as the general idea of pricing. I don't agree with the one prize per. year and 2 CBs per. holiday idea, though. Then again I could most likely live with those limits, but I'd rather not.

I HATE any kind of pricing with a passion - but I can see that IF there were to be something like this, it would be inevitable. Which is one reason I would prefer it ONLY to allow "buying" prizes. Otherwise the trading section will get to be even more like a stock market. If prizes were available this way - that might actually improve the prize trading aspect.

So in that case - sure, only open during holidays would work for me.

I also agree there should be well defined limits of how many Prizes/Holidays one could obtain from the store - for Christmas/Valentine dragons there is already a limit of 2 CB's and it should be kept this way. For Halloweens it's debatable as one can cats multiple CB's during their release, but even if there was a limit of two dragons, that's still two CB's you couldn't dream of getting before. Also agree with the idea that Holidays should be available in the store during their intended drop periods, Christmas dragons during Christmas release, Val's during Valentine release and so on.

As for Prizes, there needs to be a strict limit of how many of them one can get from the store - I'd be perfectly fine with one CB Prize per scroll. And it's my belief that the price for Tins/Shimmers should be the same - a prize dragon is a prize dragon, no matter when it was released. When they should be available in the store is also debatable, since they're not really holiday dragons so they don't necessarily need to be tied down to a specific holiday.

It would also be nice if CB eggs obtained from the store were untradable. This should be an optional, extra activity strictly to further your own scroll goals.

I'd love to see CB Hybrids also available, but I wasn't following the thread for a while now and I don't know how that's looked upon. The price for them should be pretty high though, definitely higher then Holidays, as these dragons are not normally available... well, anywhere.

What I like about the store idea is that it rewards effort and loyalty of players and that it's completely optional. If you don't wish to participate, there's no consequences, you're not worse off, it doesn't effect your gameplay at all.

So in that case - sure, only open during holidays would work for me.

Like a travelling trader?

I think it would be nice if there could be an "order of buying" old holidays. I thought this because it would prevent the mass buying of older holidays (like hollies) that would consequently ruin their market (just think at those who choose a CB holly as HM instead of a CB ALT) and would also reward older players, making more balanced the game because you have to actually earn with time your holiday dragons like others did.

For example if you have CB Mistletoe (Christmas 2014), CB Solstice (Christmas 2013) and CB Wrapping-Wing (Christmas 2012) in your scroll you can only take from the store a Winter Magis CB (Christmas 2011) and not older Christmas dragons like snow angles or yulebuck.

The next year since you have bought at least one Winter Magis CB (Christmas 2011) you can now buy a Ribbon Dancer (Christmas 2010) and so on.

If you have CB Mistletoe(Christmas 2014), CB Wrapping-Wing (Christmas 2012) and CB Winter Magis (Christmas 2011) you can only buy CB Solstice (Christmas 2013), like if you are reverse collecting in time all the holiday dragons you missed.

If you must have the most recent dragons in order to buy the older ones you will use wisely your time and make a true effort that may take years in order to actually have what you want instead of simply buying without thinking every dragon you want.

By looking at this topic you can see that the number of old CB holidays available increase with time. I think it's related to an increased number of users during the years. So the CB holiday dragons that people miss the most are the older ones, with this system they would be gradually be reintroduced by diving the userbase in groups that have to reach different goals.

If the user for some reason don't want to collect some specific holiday dragons he/she will be free to relase them after finishing this reverse collecting.

I hope I was clear in my explanation xd.png

I would love to see CB ALTs and Hybrids in the store since they were introduced as lineage possibility with the HM I feel the need to have one, too xd.png

I strongly believe that 2 Prizes per color in scroll would be fair. Male and female of each one. Even GoNs originally were like this, why not Prizes? Plus only one, no matter color or type, would be available per year.

Maybe their window could be during January month? We don't usually have a relase in that period, this would be a nice thing to wait.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Like a travelling trader?

xd.png

Kinda smile.gif

I like Naruhina_94's suggestion of progressive availability for old holidays. It requires a little bit of long-term planning and dedication, but it sounds doable.

So I could spend my "points" on either Yulebuck or Sweetling (depending on price, I guess), and the year after, I'd have Holly or Val '09 available for purchase biggrin.gif

(provided I don't spend it all on a hybrid like I did with my HM choice rolleyes.gif )

@Naruhina_94: Yes, that's what I meant. The year after I would see dragons available based on what I purchased before: if I got the Yulebuck, I would be able to get a Holly, and if I got a Sweetling, I would see a Val '09 in store, etc. Sorry that I wasn't clear on that smile.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I like Naruhina_94's suggestion of progressive availability for old holidays. It requires a little bit of long-term planning and dedication, but it sounds doable.

So I could spend my "points" on either Yulebuck or Sweetling (depending on price, I guess), and the year after, I'd have Holly or Val '09 available for purchase biggrin.gif

(provided I don't spend it all on a hybrid like I did with my HM choice rolleyes.gif )

Yes, I meant this progressive availability for old holidays based on the holiday itself. Not having a Solstice CB won't prevent you to get a Valentine 2009 CB if you have a Sweetling CB. There would be no intercourse between different holiday dragons, only those from the same holiday would be related each other.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Yes, I meant this progressive availability for old holidays based on the holiday itself. Not having a Solstice CB won't prevent you to get a Valentine 2009 CB if you have a Sweetling CB. There would be no intercourse between different holiday dragons, only those from the same holiday would be related each other.

I like this idea and it fits into the idea of the store where you need to gradually collect points to be able to earn the right to get a dragon. This way you'd have to slowly work your way down the ladder to the oldest release.

Naruhina's idea sounds interesting, but I'd much rather have all past holidays available and the user can only buy what he or she has room for/ can afford/has not hit the limit on. If there's a supposed problem involving market flooding, the dragons can be untradeable and unbreedable during that holiday period just like the newest holiday releases for that year. For example, if there was a store this Christmas and I only had money for a CB holly or CB yulebuck, I'd pick the one I could pay for. I would not be able to trade it at all. I would not be able to breed it until the Holiday 2015 breeding season ended.

Edited by Jazeki

I know I said it before, and I will say it again: Most things will balance themselves out, provided that intelligent pricing is implemented. Since TJ appears to be a pretty intelligent guy, I think he'll be able to do just that.

My thoughts on limits:

Scroll limits need to apply. So, only 2 CB holidays of every Valentine and Christmas breed, but (theoretically) endless Halloweens. Just set their price high enough, and people won't be able to buy too many of them.

The same would hold true for Prize dragons: If it takes you one year of playing actively, you won't be able to buy more than that. It would take people 7 years to reach a stage where they'd have to take one kind of prize twice - and I'm sure that we'll see several new prize breeds before 2022. So, why do you (who spoke up about it) prevent people from taking two or even three of the same kind, if that happens to be their favorite? And what about people who actually win a prize of a kind they already bought?

However, I think it's very necessary to make "shop eggs" untradeable. Otherwise, people will only ask for CB prizes or hybrids for their stuff instead of asking for CB golds/silvers. rolleyes.gif Plus, trading these eggs would benefit multi-scrollers in a way that I feel is detrimental to the mechanic, which should put people on a more even footing.

Naruhina's idea sounds interesting, but I'd much rather have all past holidays available and the user can only buy what he or she has room for/ can afford/has not hit the limit on. If there's a supposed problem involving market flooding, the dragons can be  untradeable and unbreedable during that holiday period just like the newest holiday releases for that year. For example, if there was a store this Christmas and I only had money for a CB holly or CB yulebuck, I'd pick the one I could pay for. I would not be able to trade it at all. I would not be able to breed it until the Holiday 2015 breeding season ended.

I'd say that sounds a lot simpler.

People would, after all, be going for different things at different times, as they accumulated enough to get dragons they wanted; it seems likely that nobody would be able to afford anything for perhaps around a year? 6 months? ??? after this was instituted, and there seems little point in members having to wait another year or years afterward to get the dragons they want while perhaps having to spend years purchasing dragons they might NOT want in order to obtain them - not to mention that at Holidays, people tend to be locked with bred dragons they need for lineages and forcibly wasted scroll space would be another major issue.

(That said, having the store only open for Holidays is something which strikes me as having rather unfortunate timing, besides making people wait and then rush to try to get something that they perhaps don't even want, affecting both breeding and collecting plans at important times of the year.)

But collecting games attempting to force people to collect unwanted dragons over years in order to get some they do want are not going to be very enticing to the player.

I don't think 'market flooding' (if the trading market is of actual concern here) of Holiday offspring in following years (as pointed out, new Holidays are never allowed to reproduce Holidays during the breeding season of their hatching) would be likely, since they nearly all go to the AP, with many of the breeder-controllable breds kept, blood-swapped or gifted either directly or through the AP, and a few hundred? extra breedings annually probably won't make much difference with the increased demand for breds, except that fewer people may want to take (or hopefully breed, once they have better) messy lineages except for Freezing, which would help clean up the gene pool.

Also, many of us have dragons for which we lack suitable mates, and breed selectively in producing lineages we think are desirable or which we've been asked to produce, so not all Holidays will be bred every season, and the better the lineages created, the less likely others less desirable are (hopefully) to be bred.

I don't expect there's much Holiday trading going on apart from the 2nd gen Holly demand, already diminishing since people now have better chances of catching lower-gen Hollies on the AP anyway.

Also - only a VERY small group will EVER have 2007 Hollies or Raffle Hollies, and those would, no doubt, be more highly valued in the trade market, whereas Holly purchasers would probably be more likely to keep/swap or gift Holly offspring from purchased Hollies, because they're likely wanted more for year-round lineages than the single year-round Holly reproduction also likely wanted more for lineage/gifting purposes.

And thank you, olympe, for making further points regarding prizes that I now needn't. smile.gif

I'm really liking Naru's suggestion. It puts a very reasonable control on this idea. It's making me less opposed to this suggestion; less of a OMG GIVE ME ALL THE HOLIDAYS I MISSED and more of a way to actually earn them through committing to the game for at least a few years.

I support making them untradeable as well. Keeps people from using actual CB Holidays for trade leverage, which never really happened before.

For Halloweens, maybe limit to one egg-lock's worth of eggs per breed? I'd assume they wouldn't be unlimited, despite the lack of a scroll limit on Halloweens. Oh, and no Unbitten CB Vamps, I would hope.

Edited by PieMaster

I'm really liking Naru's suggestion. It puts a very reasonable control on this idea. It's making me less opposed to this suggestion; less of a OMG GIVE ME ALL THE HOLIDAYS I MISSED and more of a way to actually earn them through committing to the game for at least a few years.

I support making them untradeable as well. Keeps people from using actual CB Holidays for trade leverage, which never really happened before.

For Halloweens, maybe limit to one egg-lock's worth of eggs per breed? I'd assume they wouldn't be unlimited, despite the lack of a scroll limit on Halloweens. Oh, and no Unbitten CB Vamps, I would hope.

Yes - actually I COULD be persuaded by this one.

But if so - why no unbitten vamps, Pie ?

Unbitten vamps are holiday dragons like pumpkins and sweetling. I know that you can bite a CB egg and have a fake CB Vampire, but I would really like to complete my scroll goal by having almost everything relased on DC as CB.

Please, TJ, may I kindly ask you to reconsider your statement "Probably no hybrids, CB ALTs in the Store" ? We could work on better solutions to make them available and still rare and really different from any CB normally relased in cave. We can do that without breaking any lore immersion or normal game mechanics. I'm quite sure this would make a lot of people happy.

We have HM's winner who are supporting this suggestion. I really thank her for being a supporter of relasing CB Hybrids trough the store since this wouldn't economically benefit her I see it as a truly act of kindness. I haven't seen so much no CB hybrids/alts on this thread, so why not find some way to make this work out? smile.gif

Edited by Naruhina_94

I don't think vamps were ever intended to be a holiday dragon on the same lines as hollies, pumpkins and so forth. Not including them in this idea makes perfect sense to me.

Putting limits on how many cb halloweens one can buy in a year may not be needed if the price is high enough, as I think it should be. If each one costs a year's worth of points, or even 6 months' worth, there is a natural limit right there.

I don't think vamps were ever intended to be a holiday dragon on the same lines as hollies, pumpkins and so forth. Not including them in this idea makes perfect sense to me.

Putting limits on how many cb halloweens one can buy in a year may not be needed if the price is high enough, as I think it should be. If each one costs a year's worth of points, or even 6 months' worth, there is a natural limit right there.

I think the idea was an absolute limit - but I agree - it would take so long to get even one, what's the harm.

But why NOT vampires - they were CBs just like other past dragons, and they aren't discontinued - the only exceptions I can see here are OPs (sad.gif) and frills. Frills may come back anyway - but if Lyth was OK with them being a part of this - as long as that wouldn't reduce the chance of them coming back to the cave...

I guess Vamps would be okay to include, but it seems like it would be a step toward non-Holidays in the 'shop', since they're available year-round, and Vamps made before April 2010 already don't have bite lineages due to data from before the cut-off not existing. I suppose it wouldn't be too awful to include them, but I worry about it being a slippery slope.

~

I think each user should be limited to only one prize a year, as that's how it already is with the raffles. It'd keep prizes rarer and prevent too much over-inflation of the Prize market and ratios.

Naruhinas idea is not a good one, at least not completely. What about the players that will enter in 2016? They would have to buy the 2015 Christmas dragon and so on just to get to the Holly, if the player earns enough points to buy 2 CB Christmas per year, that would mean that to get a CB holly, he/she should play for about 4 years, which is, in my opinion, way too much time for a single dragon that you are earning points to get, also, thats the best scenario, it could take even more. This is without taking in account that player may also want a Sweetling or a Cavern lurker, which will up the time. That would be extremely frustrating, making them wonder why is here a shop if they cant buy what they are really saving for anyway.

PieMasters idea is not bad, what I see bad is having a limit on buying AND a shop that will only open for 4 to 8 weeks a year, more or less. I like the idea of having a limit on the things you buy (and I like the limits you stated), but the shop should be open year-round (and the dragons have to be available as well), why? Lets say the shop opens for a week on christmas, valentines, halloween and 2 weeks on january (or january entirely), you are forcing the player to be active those days even more, its enough with having the holidays breeding true and new releases that will only be obtained that year, except on january, in which only happens the raffle. Also, not all players can log during those days, so they will miss the holiday breeding season, the new release and the shop of that season, that also frustrates, and the game is frustrating enough with all its luck (no egg produced, dragon refusing a mate, failed vamp attemp, killing eggs with earthquake, influence can fail -very rarely, but I have heard people with that luck...-, not getting an alt or hybrid, summoning a GoN, etc.).

Vampires can be in the shop, they were holidays anyway, but I actually dont see why :/, I mean, they never breed, if you have one you can get them any day of the year (with a bit of luck of course), you can get CB Vamps (not actually vamps, but it works for me). But I am neutral in this point.

Naruhinas idea is not a good one, at least not completely. What about the players that will enter in 2016? They would have to buy the 2015 Christmas dragon and so on just to get to the Holly, if the player earns enough points to buy 2 CB Christmas per year, that would mean that to get a CB holly, he/she should play for about 4 years, which is, in my opinion, way too much time for a single dragon that you are earning points to get, also, thats the best scenario, it could take even more. This is without taking in account that player may also want a Sweetling or a Cavern lurker, which will up the time. That would be extremely frustrating, making them wonder why is here a shop if they cant buy what they are really saving for anyway.
Yes, they would have to play a long time to get enough points. Why is that a problem ? The idea behind it is to reward dedicated players. The alternative - the way it is now - is that they can NEVER get old CBs, however long they play.]

It';d take me about 5 years to earn all the CB past holidays I don't have, actually - and I've been here ages and play hard, so... At least I would have the chance to get them.

PieMasters idea is not bad, what I see bad is having a limit on buying AND a shop that will only open for 4 to 8 weeks a year, more or less. I like the idea of having a limit on the things you buy (and I like the limits you stated), but the shop should be open year-round (and the dragons have to be available as well), why?
You CANNOT have holiday dragons available to buy all year long. So you could only buy OTHER dragons out of season - and there is already considerable argument about which (if any) other dragons should be available...

Lets say the shop opens for a week on christmas, valentines, halloween and 2 weeks on january (or january entirely), you are forcing the player to be active those days even more, its enough with having the holidays breeding true and new releases that will only be obtained that year, except on january, in which only happens the raffle. Also, not all players can log during those days, so they will miss the holiday breeding season, the new release and the shop of that season, that also frustrates, and the game is frustrating enough with all its luck (no egg produced, dragon refusing a mate, failed vamp attemp, killing eggs with earthquake, influence can fail -very rarely, but I have heard people with that luck...-, not getting an alt or hybrid, summoning a GoN, etc.).

The holidays should only be available in their own season. So this wouldn't change anything about having to be active in the holiday season - you have to be here then to get the new CBs and to breed your past ones anyway. If you aren't dedicated enough to do that - why would you be likely to be dedicated enough to earn past CBs anyway ?

Vampires can be in the shop, they were holidays anyway, but I actually dont see why :/, I mean, they never breed, if you have one you can get them any day of the year (with a bit of luck of course), you can get CB Vamps (not actually vamps, but it works for me). But I am neutral in this point.

I can't see why they shouldn't be available over Hallowe'en just as pumpkins and shadows would be. So they can't breed - but people still like to have true CBs. If you get a quasi-CB by biting - you can still see it was bitten, not CB.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I made my suggestion because holiday dragons would not influence each other's number. Christmas, Halloween and S.Valentine dragons would work as 3 separate and different groups. I find normal that any user with the right effort could raise enough points to "buy" one CB old Holiday per type every year (So for example: 1 CB Winter Magis, 1 CB Sweetling and 1 CB Marrow would be obtainable in one year of playing, plus 1 CB Prize OR 1 ALT/Hybrid CB).

I think that an user that has just join in 2016 should play for at least 1 year before clearly understand every game mechanics and at that point I find fair to work 4 years for an Holly. If TJ would post in the News section: Anyone who raise 1000 points gets a CB Holly in 4 years I would jump from my seat and dance of joy xd.png.

We're not talking about 15 years for getting the oldest dragon. If DC will last that long a solution can easy be found, but even right now this suggestion create the possibility for:

Initially a big increase of CB Holly = More people breed them = More 2nd gens available = even those who cannot have it right now will be benefited from their increased number = the number is under control by the older userbase (because those who have everything but an Holly are a small group) = the new number of old dragons increase every year due more people obtaining the requirements to get an Holly.

Edited by Naruhina_94

Yes, they would have to play a long time to get enough points. Why is that a problem ? The idea behind it is to reward dedicated players. The alternative - the way it is now - is that they can NEVER get old CBs, however long they play.]

Ok, then its fair that someone that never had a chance to get a past holiday has to buy the holidays they doesnt want to get the one they want taking them, lets say, a minimum of a year? And then breed it for only 1 week in a whole year? Sorry, but the idea is flawed.

It';d take me about 5 years to earn all the CB past holidays I don't have, actually - and I've been here ages and play hard, so... At least I would have the chance to get them.

You CANNOT have holiday dragons available to buy all year long. So you could only buy OTHER dragons out of season - and there is already considerable argument about which (if any) other dragons should be available...

Why not? HMs were out of season, what are you gonna say about it? It is different because it was a raffle? Come on, limiting things this much will only create one thing: uselessness, for that kind of utility, its better not implementing this shop

The holidays should only be available in their own season. So this wouldn't change anything about having to be active in the holiday season - you have to be here then to get the new CBs and to breed your past ones anyway. If you aren't dedicated enough to do that - why would you be likely to be dedicated enough to earn past CBs anyway ?

So people that want to be with their families and/or friends in the holidays arent dedicated enough? People that work those days arent dedicated enough? Thats why I prefer the year-round shop with extreme limitations on buying (for example, no buying more than 4 dragons per year).

I can't see why they shouldn't be available over Hallowe'en just as pumpkins and shadows would be. So they can't breed - but people still like to have true CBs. If you get a quasi-CB by biting - you can still see it was bitten, not CB.

Ok, here it almost seems you just were trying to insult me, sorry if I misinterpreted (which is likely...). I never said they shouldnt be, I said that there is not a real reason to have them in the shop, but I dont care either if they are there.

In fact is kind of better: more things to buy.

I made my suggestion because holiday dragons would not influence each other's number. Christmas, Halloween and S.Valentine dragons would work as 3 separate and different groups. I find normal that any user with the right effort could raise enough points to "buy" one CB old Holiday per type every year (So for example: 1 CB Winter Magis, 1 CB Sweetling and 1 CB Marrow would be obtainable in one year of playing, plus 1 CB Prize OR 1 ALT/Hybrid CB).

I think that an user that has just join in 2016 should play for at least 1 year before clearly understand every game mechanics and at that point I find fair to work 4 years for an Holly. If TJ would post in the News section: Anyone who raise 1000 points gets a CB Holly in 4 years I would jump from my seat and dance of joy xd.png.png.

We're not talking about 15 years for getting the oldest dragon. If DC will last that long a solution can easy be found, but even right now this suggestion create the possibility for:

Initially a big increase of CB Holly = More people breed them = More 2nd gens available = even those who cannot have it right now will be benefited from their increased number = the number is under control by the older userbase (because those who have everything but an Holly are a small group) = the new number of old dragons increase every year due more people obtaining the requirements to get an Holly.

Yes, I know. I understood your idea, but forcing the player to do what you want them to do in a game is not the best idea, in fact, it scares players away. Of course, you can make things in a way that the player can do whatever they want, but making it that they most likely do what you want them to do, for example, holly dragons should be twice (or thrice if you think it is still too cheap) as expensive as any other christmas dragon: you can go directly for that holly, but you have to work a lot more for it.

Fuzz, Naru, Pie, and whoever else, I appreciate the desire to create an incentive for users to play to be able to earn missing holidays for each year they play, but I think that earning points to be able to afford them along with leaving them untradeable and unbreedable for a short time, limited to their holiday limits (excluding Halloweens where I think the amount that equals a lockable scroll/ or seven) and being available for only a short amount of time is enough. Regardless of how dedicated players are going to be, you can't stop them from missing out on a holiday due to other plans, not being fast enough to catch anything, leaving completely, or going on hiatus and coming back or so on and so forth. Someone somewhere is going to miss out regardless of how dedicated a player they are.

For example, I am only missing a CB Valentine's and could stand to buy another CB sweetling, so the Val aspect doesn't concern me. But I would much rather have a choice between buying a CB holly or a CB yulebuck, then be forced to buy a yulebuck just to get a holly. I am a dedicated player. I have not missed a holiday event since Val 2009. I was just new and too slow to get them.

What about the people who don't like certain breeds and purposely don't collect them? It's unfair to effectively force them to get dragons that they don't want if they want to have access to the ones that they do want. Having all holidays available during their breeding time and giving users a complete choice is better than a choice based on "how long they have been playing."

Edited by Jazeki

Why not? HMs were out of season, what are you gonna say about it? It is different because it was a raffle? Come on, limiting things this much will only create one thing: uselessness, for that kind of utility, its better not implementing this shop

If you look back, you will find I am QUITE happy to see it never happen xd.png But if it does, I certainly want to see it done as right as it can be.,

Most HMs were not seasonal dragons. And they were handed out at one specific time of year, right after a holiday raffle. But I take your point about having to get holidays you DON'T want in order to get back far enough for those you do want.

So people that want to be with their families and/or friends in the holidays arent dedicated enough? People that work those days arent dedicated enough? Thats why I prefer the year-round shop with extreme limitations on buying (for example, no buying more than 4 dragons per year).

Holiday dragons happen at holiday times. That is life. Are YOU saying that it has been so unfair all these years on people who spent time with their families ? I spend time with family at these times - and I can find a few minutes to catch a couple of dragons and even play the holiday games. It doesn't take THAT long. The HUGE majority of your time is available for family. I bet most people here find plenty of time during the holidays to go on facebook and the rest.

Ok, here it almost seems you just were trying to insult me, sorry if I misinterpreted (which is likely...). I never said they shouldnt be, I said that there is not a real reason to have them in the shop, but I dont care either if they are there.

In fact is kind of better: more things to buy.

I just figure that if one holiday is allowed, all should be. No insults intended. But a bitten CB of another breed is not the same as a totally CB vampire.

Yes, I know. I understood your idea, but forcing the player to do what you want them to do in a game is not the best idea, in fact, it scares players away. Of course, you can make things in a way that the player can do whatever they want, but making it that they most likely do what you want them to do, for example, holly dragons should be twice (or thrice if you think it is still too cheap) as expensive as any other christmas dragon: you can go directly for that holly, but you have to work a lot more for it.

All games make you do thing you don't want to do. But I would hate to see one holiday dragon "cost" hugely more than another.

I think it would be nice if there could be an "order of buying" old holidays. I thought this because it would prevent the mass buying of older holidays (like hollies) that would consequently ruin their market (just think at those who choose a CB holly as HM instead of a CB ALT) and would also reward older players, making more balanced the game because you have to actually earn with time your holiday dragons like others did.

For example if you have CB Mistletoe (Christmas 2014), CB Solstice (Christmas 2013) and CB Wrapping-Wing (Christmas 2012) in your scroll you can only take from the store a Winter Magis CB (Christmas 2011) and not older Christmas dragons like snow angles or yulebuck.

The next year since you have bought at least one Winter Magis CB (Christmas 2011) you can now buy a Ribbon Dancer (Christmas 2010) and so on.

If you have CB Mistletoe(Christmas 2014), CB Wrapping-Wing (Christmas 2012) and CB Winter Magis (Christmas 2011) you can only buy CB Solstice (Christmas 2013), like if you are reverse collecting in time all the holiday dragons you missed.

If you must have the most recent dragons in order to buy the older ones you will use wisely your time and make a true effort that may take years in order to actually have what you want instead of simply buying without thinking every dragon you want.

By looking at this topic you can see that the number of old CB holidays available increase with time. I think it's related to an increased number of users during the years. So the CB holiday dragons that people miss the most are the older ones, with this system they would be gradually be reintroduced by diving the userbase in groups that have to reach different goals.

If the user for some reason don't want to collect some specific holiday dragons he/she will be free to relase them after finishing this reverse collecting.

I hope I was clear in my explanation xd.png

I would love to see CB ALTs and Hybrids in the store since they were introduced as lineage possibility with the HM I feel the need to have one, too xd.png

I strongly believe that 2 Prizes per color in scroll would be fair. Male and female of each one. Even GoNs originally were like this, why not Prizes? Plus only one, no matter color or type, would be available per year.

Maybe their window could be during January month? We don't usually have a relase in that period, this would be a nice thing to wait.

While I like the thought behind this, I do not think I would like it in pratice. What if someone new comes in and Halloween 2015 is their first holiday, but the only Cb Halloween they want is a pumpkin? They have to wait, what, four years just for that to be available to them in the store? To me, this defeats any reason I would have to support a store,

I think if we want to keep things rarer, just make them more expensive.

Or! Perhaps have it so that with lots of time dedication, you could buy old holidays quicker OR you could wait a few years and in those four years, when the pumpkin finally becomes available to you, it is at a reduced price.

So - old holidays available at a more expensive price right away and at a reduced price if you wait the designated amount of time.

What if you have an "accidental" frozen CB Christmas hatchling and since there is no -Unfreeze BSA- yet, could you be able to buy another CB Christmas dragon of this breed or will you have to release the frozen hatchling first?