Thuban

Trader's Canyon

I hate the idea of auctions.. i hate them. However, raffles dont bother me. If an auction type thing was going to come up to make this work, then I think it would be far better that a raffle type thing chooses the winner, rather than "most points win". Take the top (how ever many possible slots +6) highest bidders (randomly selected in the case of ties), and then decide who gets what, if anything by having a raffle pool with just those people in it. Yes, you are losing out on those points if you dont win, however, you still had the chance to try. This is incentive to keep the prices down. MOST of the potential winners would get their points back, its just the top few people who either win or lose.
Oh, dear, what if you are an unlucky soul who gets in the top six a few times in a row but never quite manage to win the dragon you are after? No dragon, no points, and if store dragons are tied to your scroll no way for a friend to help you out, too bad, so sad? That would be horribly depressing,rather like the players who have been trying years for a GON and watching new players summon right away, I just don't care for that much luck playing into things.

I really think an auction would be more level IF nobody lost points for trying. The winner(s) are bumped out of the next auctions and the losers get to try as many times as they like. If points are capped I don't think there will be some huge discrepancy in how many points can be bid on items, no 'the rich kids always win' type of thing possible -unless some dedicated soul wants to save points for some crazy length of time. Maybe points earned each day or week are only good for x amount of time, use 'em or lose 'em?

Edited by Tawanda001

We already have a luck-based cave. Why would be need a luck-based store?

Please no raffles or auctions.... I do like the store idea , mainly because i would love past CB Holidays, but if its with raffles and auctions , i dont want it at all. Theres enough dissapointment with the Christmas raffle already, no need to add even more.

Hey guys, I still prefer the original idea that was pitched here, but because of different things that were brought up, im trying to find alternate options. I have no issues with bouncing other ideas around, to find other options, even if some of the options are pretty.. hated.

I hate auctions, but if its the only way to allow HMs to still be made available, then im willing to budge. If given a choice between auction style and raffle style, I prefer a limited raffle pool, locked down to top "bidders" (because nobody ever said you HAD to pay insane amounts of points for that, if everyone agreed to only ever bid 500 points, ever.. then its still even footing, once a week.)

I prefer prizes, and cb holidays to simply be "save up and buy this thing" rather than being left to chance.

I am NOT against having different breeds cycling in and out of the store. I see no reason to have in cave items in there, but I would gladly deal with that annoyance, and trade points for all the balloons. smile.gif

I am NOT against having certain breeds that only show up in there. Yes, I get that its wrong to have breeds exist that wont necessarily be available to everyone at the same time.. but we already have that. The sprites bred from those would be available to everyone over time, and I imagine their cost would be kept low to make them easily accessable to anyone who wants them. However, this option doesnt NEED to be available for this idea to work, but its something that could be added after more time is spent working out kinks.

As for my suggestion a few pages back, regarding HM auctions: I dont think it hurts anything to have one slot in the store be taken up by random auction/lotto weirdness. As long as the original idea is still intact of having the breeds I had been pushing for still be save up and get it, then I dont care if there is a spot for auction weirdness. If TJ doesnt want HMs buyable, then we gotta be creative and find ways that HE likes and is comfortable with for buying them. If auctions are the only way, then they are the only way. This has nothing to do with Prizes, or cb holidays availability in the store.

All of that sounds... eh except for the whole store specific breeds thing. I only throw in my opinion because quite a few are adamant about this. A few of us have expressed our dislike for this and I am with them, I'd rather not have this and just stick to raffles. Its frustrating, the wait is long, lady luck can be a pain in the neck, but its worked. The raffle is slowly improving and as such I'd rather we improve that instead of trying to circumvent it into something else.

The raffle requires no complete change of game play. Once a year you do a little event that given, every holiday celebrated here has and we do anyways whether rewarded or not. Its a once a year distraction. A temporary game. Adding in store only breeds again will force players that if they want that CB, they have to play the games or whatever and have to buy it. Otherwise their stuck getting gen 2s from others and not getting to do as they please with their dragons.

For example, I really want nothing to do with this if it is implemented. I don't wanna have to visit it, play some game, to get a dragon I cannot get in cave. Those were meant as cave releases, not obnoxious games and store releases (I say obnoxious because having to repeatedly play a minigame or minigames gets on your nerves, pretty damn fast. Mana Alchemy is testament to that).

So no. If store only breeds are added in, really its just gonna ruin the game for me. I hate those sites where you have to constantly click to get coins to get store breeds. No. That's annoying, I'm a casual player that likes to sit back, hunt occasionally, raise my eggs, and just wait for them to mature. I don't wanna have to do anything extra to earn my keep. I feel like I do enough. I don't want to have to go click 500 eggs to get 500 coins, much less play a game 1-3 hours a day to earn points. No. Just no.

Heh, I'm fairly certain you were commenting frequently in the thread around the time that I had said that in game, normal day to day game play would/could earn points in addition to/instead of playing the mini-games. I've also been commenting off and on, on the other suggestions that came up in this thread, once i felt my base suggestions needs were met, and allowed other people to pitch potential options for enforcing it.

This thread has hit the point where its just going around and around in the same circles, spitting out the same information. That comment up there was me addressing how i felt about each thing I had seen come up since I stopped actively watching the thread. Before I go and edit the first post to cover everything that has been discussed, I wanted to bring up the things I had seen, in case there were other options that were missed. I was never contacted by any of the people who had pitched other options, with the breakdowns of what their ideas evolved to.

It is perfectly ok to not like my idea.. I do not have any hopes of making everyone happy. I enjoy the challange of trying to find ways to make everyone equally unhappy, its a far more obtainable goal if you think about it. The idea doesnt have to be my specific idea, im absolutely ok with other options being used, as long as there is a way to gain access to the specific things I am after. My preferred option is to have all the items just be obtainable by doing something to earn them, instead of relying on the raffle (especially now that HMs arent an option). If it end up being weekly raffle based on just logging in, I'm happy. At least then, its not 3 months of people going insane talking about the raffle, and then three more months of "did I win?" "when am i getting my egg?" and the general chatter of who has new codes, and "omg i cant get on a list" nonsense. If its a weekly thing, its not as.. insane. I pitched an idea that was originally a store specific thing, but developments in the thread, made it clear my base idea wasnt going to work. Not the way it was.

I have preferred options, but in the end, no matter how the end goal is achieved, I will be happy to have the change to get the dragons I need for projects. I'm happy to be unhappy, if in the end, Im getting what i need.

In regards to how raffles currently are, I would much rather see Prizes available in a different way, and have the raffle be something more. For example, there could be a new breed where the winners get an alt coloration of something, and a few months later a cave born option that gets released to everyone (that can breed the cb alt version) which does leave every version available to everyone, while leaving the original winners "special" because they have the cb alts, in addition to being able to catch normal ones. It could just be hm like options where you can pick any breed (current prizes included) and have a cb with the special code if the code is important. I want to see something /different/ raffled. Something not one of the current prizes, or concepts like those. Raffles could be better, but right now, if there is an option to move the current prizes another way available, i would rather do that. Without new prizes being available, that raffle is a bit boring. I want to see new and unique prizes happening, rather than spitting out the same sprites over and over again, year after year.

I may have missed any response to the idea that it could still be a store - with a wayward owner who might decline selling you the egg you wanted (and sending you away for a day) if the price you were offering is too low. That wouldn't have anything to do with competition with others, it wouldn't be an auction or a raffle, it would just be like a booth on a medieval marketplace. Prices would not be visible, they would vary a little bit from player to player, from purchase to purchase, just like stats requirements for eggs.

If there *was* a response to this, could someone point me to it?

I was kind of for it in the begining but the more it evolved and then I thought back how literally my boyfriend had to sort of like mildly scold me into getting my raffle entry after about 8 nights because I was so done playing mana alchemy made me think how just obnoxious this would be.

I also thought to previous games where certain breeds where store only and how much of a pain in the neck it was to click, all the time, just to get enough coins to buy one, and then have to click again, for a different one, and it really felt like a chore and I wanted to just smack someone, grab all their stock and just walk away to raise them in peace.

Yeah. Also the debate of what should and shouldn't be in the store is getting confusing and really jumbled. The problem being that thers a split between getting hybrids and old holidays and some saying no just leave it at prizes. As well as there is quite a large opposition to store only breeds, which again, I agree, its not cool. I already mentioned that its just a pain to grind click or game for coins or points to get those store only breeds and unless their dirt cheap where only one game or a few interactions later you get one, I doubt people are gonna like the idea of sitting at their screens for x number of hours every day until they have earned enough to then debate whether its more worth it to get the store only breed or the prize.

Also ruby that last one sounds even more frustrating. You just grinded away a few hours a week earned a good number of points, now you have to blindly guess what price the egg you've been saving for is. If you guess wrong you dont get a thing other than your money back. Generally market place negotiation goes back and forth until you reach a median. Unless you can try as many times as you want after the 'merchant' sends you away, this would just kill it for most people. Especially if there are store only breeds. Steady set prices are much nicer in the long run.

AnanoKimi, The change on the HM front is purely because of the comment where TJ stated he wasnt comfortable with HMs being available in the store, because he never intended for there to be a bunch of them floating around. I'm still trying to work out a way to keep them available, EVEN if it ends up having to be ONLY raffle eligible. Or, TJs suggestion of doing things like an auction.

There are /some/ benefits to running the store /like/ and auction, however, my goal was to avoid having to compete with others, and that is still my focus. Normal day to day play is /enough/ to gain points to use. Mini games can just suppliment it, not exist, or be the main focus, I honestly am not worried about it, as long as somewhere in there, I still have the chance to get my hands on a cb hybrid. I will gladly deal with competition to get a hybrid, if thats the only way I have a shot at it. CB Prizes and holidays on the other hand, need to stay something people can just save up for, and get once they have enough points. I dont need instant gratification, just the chance to get there on my own terms, without having to rely on luck. The store would get boring quickly though, if the only options ever were prizes and holidays though.

Do you have other options that you would like to throw out there for how to possibly make this work in a way that would make YOU happy? Where are you willing to budge on what you want, in order to get the end result you want? Thats why this thread is still here.

I think I with what I mentioned should be enough. I hadn't seen your personal opinion on it, that or I might have missed it and I'm boring you with this in which case feel free to smack me upside the head. Just not too hard. No worries, I know I seem selfish or whiney. I'm just in the small party wagon of users that would rather just let it stay as is. Though I can see that others would like a more accessible way to earn things like prizes. Thus why I mentioned a milestone style proposition. I even mentioned it in sin's idea as well. certain met goals earn you a prize, one of each for different goals. The goals differ and you still get a prize. Maybe not all of them but some or most. Just a though on that last one.

Fair enough. There are a lot of posts I missed (I have the attention span of a gnat, and a lot happened over the course of a few days tongue.gif) I may have to try to find the milestone suggestion, its an interesting concept.

AnanoKimi, The change on the HM front is purely because of the comment where TJ stated he wasnt comfortable with HMs being available in the store, because he never intended for there to be a bunch of them floating around. I'm still trying to work out a way to keep them available, EVEN if it ends up having to be ONLY raffle eligible. Or, TJs suggestion of doing things like an auction.

There are /some/ benefits to running the store /like/ and auction, however, my goal was to avoid having to compete with others, and that is still my focus. Normal day to day play is /enough/ to gain points to use. Mini games can just suppliment it, not exist, or be the main focus, I honestly am not worried about it, as long as somewhere in there, I still have the chance to get my hands on a cb hybrid. I will gladly deal with competition to get a hybrid, if thats the only way I have a shot at it. CB Prizes and holidays on the other hand, need to stay something people can just save up for, and get once they have enough points. I dont need instant gratification, just the chance to get there on my own terms, without having to rely on luck. The store would get boring quickly though, if the only options ever were prizes and holidays though.

Do you have other options that you would like to throw out there for how to possibly make this work in a way that would make YOU happy? Where are you willing to budge on what you want, in order to get the end result you want? Thats why this thread is still here.

If you'll pardon my butting in, I do hope that the little one has recovered and is doing well now...

*sends hugs and best wishes*

Sounds like we're pretty much thinking along similar lines, overall hoping to keep some degree of access to all HM as well as other sprites open by alternate, non-competitive means, since it's quite possible that what were HMs might not otherwise be available ever again, as well as regarding the desirability of offering a range of choices to people in the matter of various processes of accumulating mana.

The major difference seems to be that, personally, I'd really rather not see a specific currency for buying dragons in DC, and would MUCH prefer that the dragons were acquired by magic, preferably using some reasonably stable amount of mana, especially since such lengthy waits are likely to be involved in order for anyone to even have a chance at these.

I would like to bring up the point that many of us come here not only to collect dragons but to DO things with those dragons, so that acquisition is often a step to a beginning, and in this type of game, randomized waits often involving years for acquisition of new dragons obtained by merely clicking (never mind collection of resources, lol,) have already been found to be less than enjoyable (please see GoN thread xd.png) by many players - I do suspect that definite terms and an assurance of success under fulfilled conditions would work a lot better here.

And a number of people are already not happy with commercialized dragons in our magical medieval world and the shift from adoption to purchase (and all the rest) altering the whole worldview/site - framing/presentation has a LOT to do with perceptions and appeal among different categories of people; many other sites already have some form of currency and attendant aspects which do not appeal to many DC players, that being why we're here. smile.gif

I saw this threads title and cringed.

Sounds pretty good though, especially if theres a cap.

[*]Old holiday dragons during the respective breeding season: I'd really like that - but within reason. Scroll limits need to apply IMHO. I also think that you shouldn't be able to buy more than 4 of any given Halloween dragon, even though they don't usually have any scroll limits. It might be a "shop limit". wink.gif

[*]GoN: I'm on the fence about these. From what little I know about them, this doesn't seem to work well with their lore. Unless the "buying" is actually something akin to summoning.

[*]Map (=permanent access) to a new biome: This might be a nice way to add multiple new breeds. Of course, these maps shouldn't be too expensive. Maybe just so that you need to play regularly (dedicatedly) for 2-4 weeks? Of course, it might just be easier to implement new extra biomes with no strings attached. I'd still like to see this.

Tradeability of "points" (for lack of a better term ATM): No. This would turn the "points" into a real currency, which would most likely have a major impact on all kinds of user interaction.

Tradeabiltiy of "store dragons": Again, no. Each and every dragon you got from the "store" should be locked to your scroll. No exceptions.

Biome designation: Just like GoN: Egg stolen on ... / Location: Cave.

I do not support a limit to any dragons made available by this function aside from that which are already inherent in the game. If someone wants to use all their points for 3 solid years to amass a hoard of 50 Shadow Walkers, they should be allowed to do so. If we're going to WORK to EARN dragons, we should be able to do so within the current limits of the game - meaning a herd of SWs is okay, but we'll only ever have 2 CB Yulebucks. If solid caps have to be set, then it needs to be far more reasonable than 4. I got 20+ of the Graves on the year they were released, and I know of others who were able to amass an even more impressive hoard of the Desipis last year. For those who have the time and desire, it's not impossible to get quite a bit more than your normal limit, especially now that trading is possible. Any hard cap on normally uncapped breeds needs to reflect this, though I still adamantly oppose any caps being forced on breeds that do not currently have caps in place.

I don't like the idea of adding GoNs to this, but if it's added, I won't put up a fuss. It goes against the entire principle inherent to how they were introduced, and they ARE still available, but if this is what the community wants as a whole, I suppose that's that.

On the fence about allowing dragons currently available in the cave into this idea. They're available, so why should they be included? Yes, you have to work for them. No, many of them are not easy to obtain, and yes you may end up having to trade massive amounts of dragons just to get one. But that's part of the game, isn't it? The challenge is part of the fun, and isn't that what this suggestion is all about? I suppose I could reason that you're still working to earn those dragons, just within the parameters of a game, but something about it just doesn't feel right. *shrug* I suppose I won't be upset if they're added, but I do not believe their addition would necessarily be an asset to this suggestion.

Totally on board with points not being tradeable, but it's utterly ridiculous to put that kind of stipulation on the dragons we earn. One of the very basic tenants upon which this game was built is that ownership supersedes all. Once you've earned it, it should be yours to do with as you please. Period, the end.

While it would be cool to have a separate designation for dragons obtained by this method, I would be fine with the "Cave" location listing. Aside from being less work to implement, it would also simplify things considerably for any dragons obtained via this method that are bred at some point. That's really the big issue here when it comes to location anyway, imo: how will they breed? Keeping the current system for GoNs and pre-biome dragons just seems both easier and more efficient than devising a whole new system just for these dragons. That being said, I am not opposed to a new system, however uncomfortable it may be to come to a compromise that will appease the masses. xd.png

~*~

Moving on to some other points...

I get that some things need to stay "rare", like the CB hybrids, but I am totally dumbfounded by the thought that they shouldn't be available at all. If there are hard limits imposed by account, then each player could only get one per year, for example. If you wanted to pay an insane price for one CB Hybrid (that would probably take you all year to earn anyway, if the weekly cap idea is tied into this as I am hoping it is), then more power to you. The point here is that they don't need to be easy to earn, it'd just be nice to have them available to earn. It is entirely possible to set limits on this that will control the overall population of any given breed within the cave. This includes the CB Hybrids as well as the Prizes and every other breed. Therefor, population control is a minor issue when considering this. It can be managed. I don't understand the resistance, even after reading everything posted about it. I'll be mightily disappointed if these aren't tied to this suggestion, even though I personally don't even want a CB Hybrid.

I abhor the idea of making this into an auction system, especially one where people lose mana/points just for bidding. A set (if fluid) price is a much better option. The price could still fluctuate according to whatever regulating algorithm TJ deems best, that's totally fine, but we already have a raffle and we don't need another one - much less another raffle renamed into an auction where we actually lose something we've worked to earn. The entire point of this suggestion is to reward dedicated players for being active on DC, and having any kind of inherent loss just totally breaks this suggestion to me. I still think account limits, weekly mana/point limits, and perhaps even overall site-wide caps will be enough limiting factors to keep the ratios in check.

It was TJ who had major reservations about the CB hybrids; that's what we were trying to address there.

But the whole pricing thing is anathema to me; it will dramatically affect trade threads...

It was TJ who had major reservations about the CB hybrids; that's what we were trying to address there.

But the whole pricing thing is anathema to me; it will dramatically affect trade threads...

Thats another reason to avoid the whole store thing. Again, seeing as CB Hybrids are a mostly no no from tj, I would like to see A more mile stone based idea. I already stated it where x goal met rewards you with a prize dragon. I'm not sure about CB holidays though. I would like to leave those reserved with HM winners but who knows if we'll get that back.

I like the idea of a "store" function regardless of the RP feel it eventually gets. I do not want to see it be auction or raffle based. I would like to see it be seamless; that is, if current players do not want to mess with the store, that option does not affect their game play or ability to complete scroll goals, therefore, I do not want to see dragons there that you can get in no other way. I do not see this being a major component of game play; if it were I think that would dramatically affect how the game were played and I do not want that. Most people can acquire between 50 and 100 dragons per two week period and what we are talking is 1-2 of those being from the store at an absolute maximum, and that is if commons were allowed to be purchaced. So, with those numbers in mind, these that come from the "store" are going to be special regardless of what is actually available.

I think many people are focusing on semantics. I'm guessing that if instead of using the word "store", we were to use "Land of Opportunities" (just the first thing my tired brain threw out there), there would be less resistance. Anyway, we put suggestions out there so TJ can acknowledge them and read the different points of view. I'm glad to see that he posted on this thread since, at the end, will be his decision.

As per another thread that is now buried, I would like to have this suggestion combined with other ways to earn sprites. Basically normal activity-related like hatching, raising etc.

Edit: I do not have an issue with the existing raffle but please do not add more. The original idea was to earn.Luck is a whole different thing.

Edited by _Sin_

I like the idea of a "store" function regardless of the RP feel it eventually gets. I do not want to see it be auction or raffle based. I would like to see it be seamless; that is, if current players do not want to mess with the store, that option does not affect their game play or ability to complete scroll goals, therefore, I do not want to see dragons there that you can get in no other way. I do not see this being a major component of game play; if it were I think that would dramatically affect how the game were played and I do not want that. Most people can acquire between 50 and 100 dragons per two week period and what we are talking is 1-2 of those being from the store at an absolute maximum, and that is if commons were allowed to be purchaced. So, with those numbers in mind, these that come from the "store" are going to be special regardless of what is actually available.

So do I take this to mean that you would oppose CB holidays being in the store.

OR would those be OK seeing as you could still get them in bred form during breeding season?

I am assuming that Holiday dragons would only be available in store during their holiday anyhow... like Chirstmases at Christmas and Vals at Valentines and so on. As for the 'I want to see CB old Holidays reserved for HMs' what you said next is sort of the key with that. We don't KNOW at this point if TJ intends for HMs to be a thing anymore. IF there are no more Hms, which admittedly we just don't know at this pint, it would mean that there was NO way AT ALL to obtain them.

So do I take this to mean that you would oppose CB holidays being in the store.

OR would those be OK seeing as you could still get them in bred form during breeding season?

I am assuming that Holiday dragons would only be available in store during their holiday anyhow... like Chirstmases at Christmas and Vals at Valentines and so on. As for the 'I want to see CB old Holidays reserved for HMs' what you said next is sort of the key with that. We don't KNOW at this point if TJ intends for HMs to be a thing anymore. IF there are no more Hms, which admittedly we just don't know at this pint, it would mean that there was NO way AT ALL to obtain them.

I am only opposed to "store breeds" that are completely unavailable in any other ways (that is a new breed that is released only in the store). TJ has poo-pooed any notions of this being a way to get CB Hybrids, but as to old holidays, I don't see that being that big of a deal. You will still have original date hollidays that will always be special, and you can get them as 2G + so I don't see a particular problem with it.

Ugh.

As much as I like the idea of having a CB Prize dragon, I think having them available in store would ruin them for me. I like the raffles, I like the dragon that seems possible each year, despite being incredibly unlikely. It draws me back for the holiday event, time and time again (yeah, all five years). It's fun.

I postulate that the reason most want a CB prize dragon is so that the raffle winners' prize dragons aren't valuable minting machines anymore--not to create certain lineages (because the reality is many prize winners are generally willing to aid in creating lineages). Given that we all play the raffle, I think this is unfair to the actual winners. Losing is hard, but it's something that just needs to be accepted honorably. If you need a CB Prize dragon to complete your scroll, you can just discount them as something that is unobtainable.

There is a lot less desire for CB Alt Sweetlings, Frills, Old Pinks and other non-obtainable as CBs--because they don't have the same breeding power as the prizes.

The prize dragons weren't really created with the intention of them becoming widely available as CBs (from what I remember). I'm not gonna lie -- a ton of the appeal of the prizes would go away if they were widely available.

Having a game system where you had to spend time earning points is a bit of a no. I like being able to log on and pick up eggs and breed dragons without having to put a huge amount of time into it. There are a lot of users who just don't have the time to spend hours each day clicking around. This would change the way DC works for a lot of users. I'd prefer if it was something that took a few minutes each day, like the holiday event Mana Alchemy--but if it were that simple, essentially everyone would participate and the prize dragons would become extremely widespread.

The only thing that I am for is having CB holidays become available through a store (as well as other retired breeds). Those dragons were originally released as CBs to the general public, and not as prizes, so I just have a different mentality about them. I'd also would like to have hybrids, but it seems as though TJ doesn't support that idea.

If prizes were released as a different color (i.e., coal) I might support that, but I think spriters are against that.

I think we should focus on making low gen prize dragons more accessible--for instance the multi clutching idea--and not on making CB prize dragons widely available.

Braces self for a whole lot of hate.

Edited by LugiaLover

I like the idea of having a store that is just the same as the cave but a different egg selection. Perhaps if the cave is blocked with one type of "common", this store could have different eggs from the same biome, randomly generated as the cave is.

Ugh.

As much as I like the idea of having a CB Prize dragon, I think having them available in store would ruin them for me. I like the raffles, I like the dragon that seems possible each year, despite being incredibly unlikely. It draws me back for the holiday event, time and time again (yeah, all five years). It's fun.

I postulate that the reason most want a CB prize dragon is so that the raffle winners' prize dragons aren't valuable minting machines anymore--not to create certain lineages (because the reality is many prize winners are generally willing to aid in creating lineages). Given that we all play the raffle, I think this is unfair to the actual winners. Losing is hard, but it's something that just needs to be accepted honorably. If you need a CB Prize dragon to complete your scroll, you can just discount them as something that is unobtainable.

There is a lot less desire for CB Alt Sweetlings, Frills, Old Pinks and other non-obtainable as CBs--because they don't have the same breeding power as the prizes.

The reason there is a lot less desire for those dragons you mentioned is because they are no longer in the cave, just as much as the CB holidays of past holidays (which are also being considered to be put in the store), they were desired when they appeared or disappeared. Also, there is still a group that wants those dragons, in the case of the discontinued, they want those back, in fact the frills are supposedly being prepared for a relaunch, and after that a post appeared that asked bringing the old pinks back, and also did a recolor of the egg. But the prizes are here, every year, they are obtainable, in a way, but only a few did get them in all these years (this year is more or less an exception, since a lot of players got prizes). Now I dont know if the store is needed to get more CB prizes, because probably next year will go with more prizes (at least 50, if not 100, more), if it does not go with more prizes, 600 is , I think, enough of them.

The prize dragons weren't really created with the intention of them becoming widely available as CBs (from what I remember). I'm not gonna lie -- a ton of the appeal of the prizes would go away if they were widely available.

Having a game system where you had to spend time earning points is a bit of a no. I like being able to log on and pick up eggs and breed dragons without having to put a huge amount of time into it. There are a lot of users who just don't have the time to spend hours each day clicking around. This would change the way DC works for a lot of users. I'd prefer if it was something that took a few minutes each day, like the holiday event Mana Alchemy--but if it were that simple, essentially everyone would participate and the prize dragons would become extremely widespread.

If you had read this post, the people that approve this idea are giving ways to make a way that is viable, non-exploitable, non-easy, non-quick and, yet, possible to obtain prizes (at the moment the less time they have proposed is a whole year, to get just one prize egg, and you cannot get more than 2 of each color and species, they will not be tradable, and also you cannot get more than 150 points per day), still there are some that oppose the idea of prizes being in the store. Also, yes, there are a lot of users that will not be able to spend the time to get points, but there are also users that cannot spend the time of catching the CB holiday eggs (specially Christmas), but still here it is. This store is meant to not change the way you play, you could play normally without it, or with it, you dont need the store to get some lineages (trade with someone), or even getting the CB prizes (for this ones you need luck).

I think we should focus on making low gen prize dragons more accessible--for instance the multi clutching idea--and not on making CB prize dragons widely available.

Thats not a bad idea, not at all, the problem still resides in one thing, they are metals, they dont breed their own species very well, so multi-clutching will make them breed 1 of them (if you are lucky) and many of the other breed (unless is a metal too, in that case you are lucky if you get an egg) most of the time, still some people will like those dragon,but a lot more will like the low gen prize dragon. Also, to get more low gen prizes we need more CB prizes and more players that breed and trade them, we want it or not.

Braces self for a whole lot of hate.

I hope my words doesnt seem too rude or agressive, since that was not my intention, just, you know, debating.

Edited by pederino

I postulate that the reason most want a CB prize dragon is so that the raffle winners' prize dragons aren't valuable minting machines anymore--not to create certain lineages (because the reality is many prize winners are generally willing to aid in creating lineages).

Working on lineages (some of which I've worked on for a very long time), I have trouble because people frequently ask stupid amounts for even common fails in trade. So your claim that "prize winners are generally willing to aid in creating lineages" has been the complete opposite of my experience.

I also disagree that the Sweetlings, Frills and others are less desired. Two of the first three things I'd want are a Sweetling and a Bright/Old Pink.

What people value is as widely varied as their play styles.

Edited by egwenna

Yep, bright pinks would be one of my favorites, too. Although it would probably depend on their price - and whether they'd then be able to breed true or not.