Thuban

Trader's Canyon

I agree there ought to be some limit on how many Halloweens you could get from this.  I'm one of those people who've managed to trade for many more than 7 CBs of many Halloween breeds (the only ones I don't is Pumpkins and that was my first ever DC holiday, so I barely had a clue what I was doing).  It would seem kind of weird to be able to add massively to my current pile.  :s

Depending on cost, that could be a self limiting factor. Also, if they have a limited availability window based on their regular seasons, that would further inhibit a person's ability to build a huge herd without having a cap.

*thinking out loud*

Edited by Sir Barton

Depending on cost, that could be a self limiting factor. Also, if they have a limited availability window based on their regular seasons, that would further inhibit a person's ability to build a huge herd.

*thinking out loud*

Good point, there is that.

Personally, I'm not all that stressed about Halloween dragons. If folk want bunches of them, more power to them. To me, the holiday dragons are more pretty scroll decorations than anything, because they don't breed true for 51 weeks out of 52. Sure you can make pretty linages with them, but only 1 week out of the year. Pretty much more trouble than they are worth, when you get right down to it.

I'm more concerned about Tinsels, Shimmers, CB ALTS and CB hybrids, because they always breed true. That makes them worth more to me, because breeding is the reason I still play DC. And acquiring Tinsels, Shimmers, CB ALTS and CB hybrids is why I'm in this discussion.

IMO, the raffle and 'prize' dragons is/was the worst idea TJ has ever had. Introducing an 'exclusive' caveborn dragon in such limited numbers should never have even been considered. The unfairness of that decision makes me wonder about TJ's sanity. Currently, my greatest DC wish is that this edition of the raffle will be the last.

So, anything that gives me a chance to acquire CB Tinsels, Shimmers, CB ALTS and CB hybrids will get my vote if it has even a small potential of being added to the game.

i've read the first 5 pages and the last 2 pages. my apologies if what i'm stating has already been agreed on.

i LOVE this idea. its not perfect and there is a downside (which i'll discuss at the bottom of my post) but over all i love the idea and concept behind this idea and its has my support.

some changes

- i agree with a cap/limit on how much can be earned per day. (i personally think the earning should be capped overall to allow players the ability to save up enough per year to buy no more than 2 of the highest valued dragon per year)

- i also like the idea of the store itself limiting a scroll to how much of what dragon can be purchased

ie: you have a limit of 2 CB Soulpeaces. once you purchase 2 Soulpeaces the option to buy a Soulpeace is greyed out or removed from your list of buyables

- i'm against adding in any spriters alts and the alt sweetlings.

- i'm against any store exclusives. if its in the store it should be gettable elsewhere on the site (either via raffle or the cave)

- things purchased in store as CB's should not be tradable (like GoN's)

- i would actually like the ability to purchase 1 GoN (so i can have an even pair wub.gif )

i'm torn about including prize dragons on this list. the prize dragons were introduced as a raffle only dragon, unlike the HM prizes. if TJ drops the current prizes down to HM status, or if the store bought ones are unbreedables then i'd be more open to it.

i actually prefer the "make them sterile" aspect. having CB prizes purchased through the store wont effect breeding ratios but still allows people to collect the CB sprite of that dragon. if they're unbreedable i would also argue for hem to not have a limit on how many you can get from the store.

unlike most, i would like to see the CB's in cave also in the store. because it doesn't make sense for them to be excluded. just because people wont likely spend points on buying them, doesn't men they should be excluded imo.

as for costs and caps. TJ always assigns each dragon to a category correct? (ie: common, uncommon, rare, prize, HM, holiday, unbreedable) the category could have a set price and be what determines the dragons price and cap limit

so heres a suggestion (the point amounts are not fixed, i'm just trying to point out a system for assigning value and limits, so dont get hung up on how much points a dragon costs in this people!)

yearly point cap per scroll: 1200

CB Prize - limit of 2 per color - 600 points per dragon (1/2 the yearly cap)

*store bought are sterile

CB GoN - limit of 1 - 600 points (1/2 the yearly cap)

*souly to even our pairs on scrolls

CB Hybrids/Alts - 400 points per dragon (1/3 the yearly cap)

*should include all Alts (including Tan Ridgewings, & Red Dorsals) except Sweetlings & Spriter Alts

CB Holiday - limit 2 per Dragon - 400 points per dragon (1/3 the yearly cap, allowing for 1 CB each season, or 3 in one season)

*Scroll limits apply (if you have 2 CB Sweetlings, then Sweetlings aren't offered in your store

* can only be purchased during their respective breeding seasons

* limit applies to CB Halloween as well (i dont care if there is no limit on the scroll, its enough your getting the chance to get a CB of one you missed, there should be a limit)

* CB Alt Sweetllings should be excluded (they were given for a reason, unless TJ reverses that mechanic, then no!)

* CB Snow Angels will only be the color your scroll produces (so no, if your scroll gives you white tipped, you can't buy a tri-colored. unless TJ lets us collect bred versions of all colors)

CB Rares - limit 5 per scroll - 300 points per dragon (1/4 yearly cap)

*excludes Holidays and Prize Dragons

* limit of 5 allows for each stage (for freezing scroll goals)

CB Unbreedables & CB Uncommons - limit 10 per scroll - 200 points per dragon (1/6 the yearly cap)

*unbreedbales excludes prize dragons

* high limit, but these are easier to catch in cave. so you can buy it if you really want the dragon on a certain date but dont have time to hunt ... or you can save up your points and hunt for the dragon

CB Commons - limit 20 per scroll (or a higher) - 100 points per dragon (1/12 the yearly cap)

* very high limit, but these dragons are abundant in cave and in the AP. so you can buy it if you really want the dragon but dont have time to hunt ... or you can save up your points and hunt for the dragon

the limit is placed (especially on the in Cave ones) to ensure that people aren't using it as an alternative to cave hunting. but still as a way to at least get CB's of all the sprites even if you have a crappy connection.

which brings me to my main worry, that people will focus on the store and playing the game rather than hunting and use it as a alternative.

I don't think a mini-game will replace cave-hunting, AP-hunting and breeding. For one, depending on prices, you won't get that much out of the shop. This is especially true if you save up your points for the more expensive eggs. So, what would you do the rest of the year? wink.gif

I don't know if it's the same for other people or not, but I often hunt the cave without a clear idea of what I'll grab. If something rare turns up, great. If it doesn't, I'll usually take one of my favorite commons home. (Daydream, Stripe, Sunsong, Nebula and Ridgewing for me. wub.gif) Or I'm looking for specific commons (like pebbles, at the moment) for projects.

which brings me to my main worry, that people will focus on the store and playing the game rather than hunting and use it as a alternative.

I kind of wonder how many people already DON'T hunt the cave on a regular basis, so how much of an effect would it really have?

I know I rarely hunt the cave, and I've seen a number of other people say the same, mostly because the competition there is too much. I already prefer to use the AP as an alternative to cave hunting, mmm pretty lineages, and there wouldn't be any direct competition there that I can see.

I don't see the point of the sterility factor. I get the concern for the ratios, but the point of the CB prize, to me, is to make more lineage options possible and increase the low gen breeding pool in an effort to help correct the lopsided trade market.

NO NO NO NO NO to sterile 'store' dragons. I'm a breeder for hecks sake, why would I want to buy a sterile dragon? That defeats the entire purpose of buying a CB dragon.

I don't see the point of the sterility factor. I get the concern for the ratios, but the point of the CB prize, to me, is to make more lineage options possible and increase the low gen breeding pool in an effort to help correct the lopsided trade market.

^^ THIS ^^

To me sterile prizes would be absolutely useless.

Sterile??? Please NO!

We need more breeding lines, not less.

Edited by _Sin_

No. No sterile prizes. No. No. SO much no to that. Just no.

Even though I'm leaning a bit on the no side for a store option/any option in particular with free prize/exlcusive dragons other than the Christmas raffle..... I'd rather not see sterile dragons on DC where other CBs of it have been able to breed. :c

I don't really mind if there isn't a cap and I'm aware that we can have as many Halloweens as we can get. I was just suggesting one so that it limits people's ability to endlessly purchase and trade past Halloweens if the suggestion is implemented in a way that does not lock the dragons to the buyer's scroll. Really, though, it's not my concern what people do or don't do with their dragons.

I'm gonna have to say no to sterilizing store bought prizes (or any dragons for that matter). They should not be any different than those that are won in the raffle.

Red, this is why I love you... Except the sterile part. The thing that separates a CB dragon from some other random dragon is the ability to start a pretty lineage with it. You lose a bit of my love for that one tongue.gif

I wouldn't take a sterile Prize if it were FREE, no way would I "pay" for one. So no, no no, a million times NO on that.

All I want is a NON-competitive way to EARN eggs. NOT a raffle, NOT an RPG, NOT a best high score wins.. or top 10 or top X

What prizes would I like to see?

CB Shimmers (limit 2 per scroll, per color variant)

CB Tinsels (limit 2 per scroll, per color variant)

CB Hybrids (no limits)

CB Holidays (xmas & v'day, limit 2 per scroll)

CB ALTS or color variants that are breed only (no limits)

NO mini-game exclusive prize (it's apparent to me that the majority of folk object to this)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO Guardians of Nature (Avatars are hybrids)

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

Should new 'prize' dragons be added, I'd want them available too with a 2 per scroll limit, per color variant if any.

*looks for the damn LIKE button* darn it...*stamps AGREE instead*

I am also with her regarding the raffle in general: it was a bad idea over all. If exclusive dragons were never in the picture as prizes (namely the Tinsels and Shimmers), I wouldn't be so bitter about it.

That said...Tinsels and Shimmers NEED to be in this store if it happens! It would be a step in the right direction to fix the problems they caused.

Tinsels and Shimmers NEED to be in this store if it happens! It would be a step in the right direction to fix the problems they caused.

This. Most of these suggestions come from the broken trade market, which has been caused by prizes existing. So more in the game (with aforementioned purchase limits) is a GREAT idea. And definitely no to sterility, but I think enough people have already said that!

I do think the cost needs to be lower than Red suggested - half the years CAP?? That seems a little...harsh. I see why people want it to be expensive, and I agree, but with a purchase limit in place (and I'd prefer untradeable) then there is no need to be THAT expensive. I just think that is too demanding of players, even with a weekly not daily cap. 3 months of maxing I could *maybe* accept, higher seems unnecessary PROVIDED the other limits are in place. It would still take 3 YEARS to get 2 of each colour of shimmers and tinsels, and you wouldn't be able to buy anything else that entire time. It seems a little over the top. If there are new prizes, I think it should be released to store after 1-2 years, not immediately.

Halloweens I would like available, though only for 2-4 weeks over their season (not gonna lie, this is just so I can buy lots and LOTS of CB Shadow Walkers). I personally would go for 1 whole month. So Xmas are instore for all December, V-day all Feb, and Halloween all October (though V-Day and Xmas are of course limited). But some people may want to lessen this. Personally as long as they are reasonably expensive (like 2 weeks total - that's not actually a cheap investment) I think that would be limit enough.

Also, what do people think of with Xmas/V-day dragons having a purchase limit of 2 REGARDLESS of CB on your scroll already? So you can catch 2 in the cave, and then the following year buy 2 more. That way being there at the time is still advantageous - you get an extra 2 CB, but also means that newer players can get CB later on. I think it'd be nice to not totally remove the motivation to catching from the cave at the time.

Also, what do people think of with Xmas/V-day dragons having a purchase limit of 2 REGARDLESS of CB on your scroll already? So you can catch 2 in the cave, and then the following year buy 2 more. That way being there at the time is still advantageous - you get an extra 2 CB, but also means that newer players can get CB later on. I think it'd be nice to not totally remove the motivation to catching from the cave at the time.

I don't think so. I believe HM prize winners still have to choose according to their own scroll limits, so it wouldn't be right to let people get more through the store instead.

Edited by Jazeki

All I want is a NON-competitive way to EARN eggs. NOT a raffle, NOT an RPG, NOT a best high score wins.. or top 10 or top X

CB Hybrids (no limits)

NO mini-game exclusive prize (it's apparent to me that the majority of folk object to this)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

Should new 'prize' dragons be added, I'd want them available too with a 2 per scroll limit, per color variant if any.

CB Hybrids should have a limit. Idk, I dont like to some someone overrun with CB soulpeaces or Hellhorses (As muh as I would personally like to hoard them, I dont think its a good idea.) Same with breed only alts. if its a 100% chance the egg you 'buy' will turn into a breed only alt, then a limit should be placed. if its a game of chance with maybe 50% chance of either regular or breed only alt happening then maybe no limit. If CB Alts and Hybrids were able to be bought with no limit then it would defeat the purpose of them being breed only Hybrids...

I do like this idea. To my mind it's a loyalty reward moreso than a typical "store".

I would love the idea of a cb shimmer but a way to get the older holiday cb dragons is even more exciting.

I do a lot of work with holiday lineages and the early ones are getting very hard to find second gens from. Try to find pumpkin x seawyrm, and heaven help us if we do get new (regular cave release) pygmy breeds. I've nearly given up finding seawyrm and misfit pumpkin lineages. And yes please for cb of my beloved ribbon dancers (I do kick myself now and then for not signing up 6 months earlier so I didn't miss them.)

This would be a way to keep the older holidays in circulation with lineages people would want. We all know nobody stays with a game forever and so many of the old holiday cb's are on inactive scrolls.

As far as limits, I think the existing cb christmas and cg valentine limits are enough. For halloween, your scroll limit space limit and points needed to aquire should be limit enough. I don't think it needs a hard number cap as I don't expect a cb holiday to be cheap. I say this assuming the cb holidays would only be available in the timeframe of their respective holiday.

After reading Thubans rehashed suggestion laying out all the particulars I am warming to the idea.

First thing is I agree with cyradis4 in the comment that it is now less of a 'store' and more of a Mana Summon, and I like thinking of it this way better. In a store you can trade both ways - even if the practice is phased out by commercial giants in the late part of last century 99% of the time if you can buy an egg/creature, then you can sell one as well, setting your own price.

Making it a summon and therefore a part of DC magic lore is a whole new kettle of fish and I think fits the game a whole lot better. The mana you collect is controlled by you, you use some to try and magically make an egg appear from a list much like a spell sheet - less complicated spells requiring little mana for common eggs can be performed by the average farmer in Galsreim, while the more rare eggs can only be used by qualified mages type thing. There are 13 types of mana, perhaps you need certain numbers of each for each different egg summon. Maybe some mana types are harder to get so they can be highly attached to the rarer items. The only way to get the mana is of course play the mana game - possibly during holiday events mana may drop like treats to pick up.

Users can trade the eggs they 'mana summon'- but they cannot sell them for more Mana than they are worth - this was the bit that worried me the most with mana becoming a currency - people setting ridiculous prices. With it being a set 'summon' TJ sets the mana and we just collect the needed types. Some we need more and are rarer so luck and patience wins you the prize.

and speaking of which and Cinnamin Draconna yes/no list- firstly if you summon a prize then it should be breedable like everything else. Same goes for other rares. no mule eggs please.

Obviously a limit needs to be set - so the suggested limit of one of each color CB sounds fair - even if a person is a double prize winner they can still have a chance at getting the other color/s and breeds they don't have. Puts everyone on an even footing and I don't think it will detract from those prize winners if other users can now obtain CB, especially of the older prize because - hey - original dates man xd.png.

If the prize eggs were like GON and locked onto your scroll this would stop the buy and sell for 100 CB golds scenario

CB alts wont work because like Thuban said - the eggs are not identifiable from common, but everything else on Cins'yes' list I would like to see as a high experienced mage mana summon spells. The more common eggs can be summoned by anyone whether mage or not requiring little effort to gather the mana.

Yes to

CB Shimmers (1 of each color limit)

CB Tinsels (1 of each color limit)

CB Hybrids (limit 2 per scroll) may include avatars but I dunno - rarer/harder to get a CB avatar *if no limit slap a 4 to 6 month cooldown on each spell, and you wont get hoarding. If you can only have 1 CB Bluna every 6 months... Its going to take a while to get a lot. - cyradis4

CB Holidays (ALL, limit 2 per scroll)

ALTs - possible small chance of getting CB from a summoned black/vine egg just the same as breeding one does.

As to the NO list - also agree with most of it - but with talk of frills and pinks perhaps being re-integrated into the game, this may be a very good way of TJ doing so without having them become the dreaded cave blockers that cause their demise in the first place. Not sure what the logistics and legalities of this is with the original spriters who called for their cull and such but it is another option to think about.

NO mini-game exclusive prize (it's apparent to me that the majority of folk object to this) with good reason.

NO Spriters ALTs

NO Guardians of Nature or CB Avatars (Avatars are hybrids)

NO black Sweetlings

NO unbreedables

NO metallics - don't agree with this one

Metallics would have to be in the 'mana summon' category because simply if you are going to include things like metallic prizes and holidays then the more common 'metals' should not be excluded. This is not only silver and gold but copper and GW as well. It doesn't make sense to leave them out. Again the mana types needed may be the harder to find variety but anyone can have a chance of getting one.

Also...since I am talking about this as a 'summon' spell rather than a 'shop' - would there be the possibility that you fail to summon something and the crystals just go fizz bang! Meaning you now have to start collecting that used number of crystals again. This also might help with the rarer items being less available as they should be - if all mana types were equally available the chance of a failed spell will increase the rarer the egg you are trying to get.

Well - that's my way of seeing and accepting it - ???

* Fails rates - no one likes a fail. Instead there was an option idea of having to summon a certain number of common eggs before you can even try /unlock the scroll for a rarer egg. this i think may also fit in the the mage level idea, make it harder for the rares to become abused and make it easier to get those CB commons you need that never seem to appear when you want them to.

Edited by Mysfytt

What about CB Hybrid hoarding? Wouldn't that make them being 'hybrids' moot? Their meant to be bred in order to get them, if we make no limits on a breed that should have be bred for but is available CB, whats the point of them being hybrids in the first place?

Edited for typos

Edited by AnanoKimi

CB Hybrids (no limits)

NO Spriters ALTs

NO black Sweetlings

NO Frills

NO old Pinks

NO metallics

NO unbreedables

This. This this this.

I LOVE the idea of a earn-your-eggs store/summon/game/whatever. Hunting and clicking is the very backbone and heartbeat of the game, but the dragons Cinnamin Draconna lists for mini-game inclusion should not be in the regular cave. As such, a way to earn those dragons would be nice for those who 1. have never been lucky enough to win a raffle and/or 2. wouldn't have a prayer of catching them if they WERE released in-cave. I absolutely would love to see this happen as an alternate way for those with unhappy internet and little time in the day (both necessary for rare-hunting), but who do have loads of patience, to get valuable dragons without having to compete for them. I don't think it would hurt the essence that is Dragon Cave, and it would add a new dynamic to sprite collecting - and on top of that, it should help diffuse some of the frustration over the raffle and the hopelessness many feel regarding their chances of ever winning.

I am deeply opposed to a mini-game exclusive prize as well. If it's not already available as a raffle prize and has existed in the game through the raffle or other sources, it should not be available through the game. While I'd live if it happened and just do my best to get the new breed, I'm totally uncomfortable with the idea. No one should be forced to play the minigame just to get a particular breed. That said, anything that's accessible in the cave anyway should stay there and not necessarily be earnable when it's already huntable.

And to chime in with others - everything obtained through the game should ABSOLUTELY be just as breedable as it would be if it had been obtained through other avenues.

I think the scroll limits for the prize dragons are unnecessary, but perfectly acceptable if that's what it takes to help people accept the idea. Limits for the Christmas and Valentine CBs makes perfect sense.

On a tiny note, I'd be fine with CB Avatars being available if they're going to be available as HM raffle prizes - something we won't know until this year's raffle winners are announced.

@Mysfytt - oh please no fail rates. That's not even remotely fair and would just cause all manner of drama. If you've worked for it, you should succeed.

Edited by LibbyLishly

It seems as though only CB Christmas and Valentines are obtainable via the 'store'. I understand that Halloweens are not included because there are no scroll limit of CB Halloweens, but I'd like a way to get the CB Halloweens as well. Perhaps they are only available during Halloween season, and the limit is how many eggs slots you have at your current trophy level (because I don't think the eggs should be tradeable, so you can't hoard tons of Halloweens by IOU Halloween hatchlings) Thoughts? If the store does get implemented somehow, I'd like past CB Halloweens to be included as well.