Dubious

Addition to the main site Terms and Conditions

Thank you for replying to this suggestion. As you are definitely not interested, it would be a waste of time to continue this thread. So perhaps it could be closed please. smile.gif

Edited by Dubious

If this is a worry for people, perhaps there's a better place for it than terms? Somewhere in site intro, maybe?

My only concern is not making any of the text pages too long, so concise is good!

If this is a worry for people, perhaps there's a better place for it than terms? Somewhere in site intro, maybe?

My only concern is not making any of the text pages too long, so concise is good!

Concise is good.

Anything made too long people will say TL:DR.

About rules in general.

I don't like a lot of rules in threads and whatnot myself because it can become too much to remember.

When people start demanding "its not in the rules", the exact problem is, the rules are usually trimmed down and will include, things not necessarily written out.

Some rules are not written because they are based on "common sense" or what should be sensible and reasonable things. Such as (in my line of work: Chef) don't grab hot pans that just came out of the oven, Don't put water next to a frier (because OMG explosion of water hitting hot oil) and don't run around with knives. Two of those examples have happened to me. I have been highly e mbarassed because I knew better. I do not expect rules ot be added. "Don't keep water near boiling oil, and wear oven mits"

Trading threads with their countless rules tend to cause me to roll my eyes into the back of my head and keel over. It's too much text and I, myself, READ the rules. I cannot imagine others who would simply TL:DR and to put it even more simple; the more there is, the harder it is to remember.

In the site intro if the T&C is not a suitable location.

"Art and spites may be changed without warning or notice. "

Somewhere suitable - maybe the account page, or the sort page, or help page.